Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    So what? What is the point of this? To point out that people in the Trump campaign thought Sleepy Joe was ok back then?

Shit changes when its time to change and it's a war.

You live in this alternate reality where civilty reigns supreme. Biden is the enemy now. That's the way it's supposed to be.
    I'm backing up Mike's point. He is right about this. Just like people on the far left can't seem to understand why people like Trump, Trumpists can't seem to understand why Biden is up in the polls. What I wrote is why.

And to back up my point, which backs up Mike's, I used the words of Trump's press secretary before she was paid to treat Biden as "the enemy."

Perhaps calling the other side "the enemy" is indicative of everything that is wrong with our system and how we think about politics.

2. Mama's Fool Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:19 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Up in the polls. You really believe that shit huh?

4. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Democrats are the enemy in a political campaign. In my personal life with friends? No. The vision for my country and the people who will lead it? Yes. If Biden should win then life goes on and it's over but in the meantime....

6. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 10:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

We're going to find out soon enough ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Nobody in America should be citing polls. If you're citing polls then you learned nothing last time around.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 10:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

the issue that impacts both sides is the need to paint the opposition as the absolute worst option. Biden was universally not considered a bad option 12 months ago, he was the Democrat that people on the right could tolerate. Larry Elder called him a moderate, Ben Shapiro called him a moderate. No one on the right says that anymore and Biden hasn't changed. But the need for the right to scare voters has. This is beyond stupid. You know what else is beyond stupid? Those that say Trump is on the far right of his party and is the most dangerous option. He's not. They are just playing the same stupid game. And I shall quote the great Taylor Swift when she sings "play stupid games and you win stupid prizes"

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Nobody in America should be citing polls. If you're citing polls then you learned nothing last time around.
    the polls were pretty much right last time out. They had Hillary winning the popular vote by a couple points, and she did. If they are "off" by the same amount then Biden wins.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Normalcy?

In a way, yes I guess. If one is insane enough to want the Bush's and Obama's back.

Even if one despises Trump, going back to that crap is not the answer.

Canned speeches.... More corporate crap.... More warmongering... More taxes...

"Normalcy".

50 different genders.... The idea that 8 year old's should be able to decide. If they want to cut their privates off.

"Normalcy"
    I'm not saying returning to normalcy is a better option but it is what he is selling.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    the polls were pretty much right last time out. They had Hillary winning the popular vote by a couple points, and she did. If they are "off" by the same amount then Biden wins.
    The popular vote? We don't elect on that.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Look, Joe Biden is no one's dream candidate. I don't know a single Democrat or liberal excited about him. But even Kayleigh McEnany was objective about him in 2015 when talking about a potential Biden/Trump candidacy.

"I think the Republicans run into a problem if it is Joe Biden and if it is maybe a Trump on the other side. Because Joe Biden, one of the things he is remarkable at is really kind of being a man of the people and resonating with middle class voters. Feeling like -- coming off as human. His gaffes -- as much as we make fun of them -- to a certain extent they make him look human."

Who would be easier to beat, Biden or Clinton? MacEnany said, "I think at the end of the day, probably Joe, although if Trump is against Joe, I think the juxtaposition of kind of the man of the people and kind of this tycoon, is a problem."

She went on to predict Biden would be the nominee, "When you have Joe Biden here who's funny and likeable and can resonate with the middle class, he really can speak to the average, everyday American, versus Hillary Clinton who's cold and somber. Remember when she had to -- that calculated move of drinking a drink at a bar to seem like a human being. Joe Biden is a human and people will resonate with that. I predict he will be the nominee."

This is exactly why, within two weeks of Biden announcing for 2020, Trump dispatched Giuliani to dig up dirt on exactly one candidate: Biden.
    Why shouldn't Trump dig up dirt on Biden? That's all the Dems have done to him.

How'd your way work out for Mitt Romney? How has it worked for Libertarians?

Do you call insulting people that you're running to serve "likable"? Or the many other things?

I look at Joe Biden and I don't see someone likable. As offputting as Hillary? Maybe not on a superficial level, but he is largely the same.... Just less intelligent than her.

If Joe Biden had this connection with people like you say... They would actually you know...want to see him.

On one hand, you're saying that nobody is excited or enthusiastic about Biden, but then you say that he has a connection with people.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

14. MD 5150, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Yes. Clinton was up by 3.2 points in the final polling and won the popular vote by 2.1 points. If shy Trump voters didn't sway the national polls last time, and there is little evidence there are more of them this time around, then why wouldn't I?

The polling doesn't tell me that Biden will win the EC and thus the presidency, because I expect those 8 points to narrow. I think it'll be 5-6 points, ultimately, which is likely enough to win the EC, too. If it shrinks to 2-3 points, which would be one of the biggest swings in election history, then Trump could win the EC and be reelected.

But there is nothing in the polling to doubt Biden's popularity.

Bullethead
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:12 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserElite Daily Poster31 Days Registered2,000 VHL Life Points

Hillary was up in the polls at a landslide victory, Biden's are nowhere near what Hillary had. But the Democrats have the ace in the hole with this voting debacle. Noway should any changes have been made this close to election. How many car trunks of "missing" ballots will the Democrats "find"?

17. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Yes. Clinton was up by 3.2 points in the final polling and won the popular vote by 2.1 points. If shy Trump voters didn't sway the national polls last time, and there is little evidence there are more of them this time around, then why wouldn't I?

The polling doesn't tell me that Biden will win the EC and thus the presidency, because I expect those 8 points to narrow. I think it'll be 5-6 points, ultimately, which is likely enough to win the EC, too. If it shrinks to 2-3 points, which would be one of the biggest swings in election history, then Trump could win the EC and be reelected.

But there is nothing in the polling to doubt Biden's popularity.
    Biden is the perfect option to not scare away moderates. He picked a bad running mate though. But of the potential options he was probably the safest.

19. Rokgtar Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    Hillary was up in the polls at a landslide victory, Biden's are nowhere near what Hillary had. But the Democrats have the ace in the hole with this voting debacle. Noway should any changes have been made this close to election. How many car trunks of "missing" ballots will the Democrats "find"?
    See this is the problem, you're setting this up already. So if Biden wins by 6 points the polls will still be wrong because it was rigged. This is stupid.

21. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    See this is the problem, you're setting this up already. So if Biden wins by 6 points the polls will still be wrong because it was rigged. This is stupid.
    It's not stupid at all to anybody that can see.