Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

Always loved her voice. I think they coulda did some good "new" stuff with her. But yeah, the old stuff (particularly fast songs) woulda suffered.

There are some songs I could see her doing okay with. YNG, WIL, ATBL....

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

08.03.20 @ 06:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    I wonder if she takes it in the ___!
    You know- That's one thing that never occurred to me, but indeed very insightful perspective to ponder...hmmmnnnn.....the article journalist who did the interview really dropped the ball...Definetly should have asked her that question.

Also occurred to me I got the Patti Smith's mixed up turns out there's 2 of them. Go figure.

I googled & this popped up....

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ed View Post
    Ed lost his fire and creativity ?? What the actual fuck are you smoking ?? SO many great tunes in the following years. You Rothtards are SO fucking jaded it's pathetic.
    Don't have a cow Man. That's just like his opinion dude.

I don't agree Ed lost any fire but the brightest creative sparks were clearly in a very different style previously unheard before & I agree lots of great tunes as you said but nonetheless not one single one of them is even remotely on par in the same ball park in any way shape or form as the material from the first 6 VH albums.

Nothing. Not one single song. Not one single solo. Not one single riff. Not one single melody. Nothing.

There is absolutley nothing. Not one single tune on 5150, 0U812, For Unlawful Carnage Knowledge, Balance, or VH3 that even remotely measures up to the material on the first 6 albums. Nothing.

Yes- There's absolutley plenty of dynamite killer material & classic magnificent music on the 4 albums from 86 to 95 that stands tall as its own entity deservedly so. But none of it surpasses anything from original first 6 albums if you insist upon comparisons. It just doesn't.

If you or anyone else begs to differ please feel free to list them.

I frequently see tunes such as Judgement Day, Mine All Mine, & Seventh Seal mentioned as supposedly being brilliant magnificent tunes....I pop in the cd's & take a listen just to doublecheck what I'm missing but honestly never seems to capture my intrest & I'm not a snooty music critic schmuck so not going to say anything negative about those tunes if other fans dig it that's great but I'm honestly bewildered as to why.

For my ears the stuff I like & enjoy most is from 5150...pretty much the whole album...Why Can't This Be Love has so many exciting exhuberant musical parts the creativity & execution is sheer pop art brilliance. Dynamite tune. I don't compare it to On Fire or Aint Talkin Bout Love when I'm listening to it. I enjoy it as it is.

Best Of Both Worlds is an infectious groove of a riff & great vocal treatment all around. One of my top 5 favorites.

When It's Love is a beautiful magnificent stellar piece of American pop culture art. Again- it should go without saying you dont need to compare it to Panama or Romeo Delight when you listen to it.

I think a fair amount of VH fans focus on the keyboard hits & compare it to the original loud raunchy badass VH & that's the resentment expressed online & very close minded & foolish if I dare to say.

My beef with VH after David is that the regular heavy hard hitting badass raunchy material such as Sucker In A Three Piece Suit or Aftershock & a handfull of other tunes suffered from lousy half assed pedantic & in some cases blatantly boorish male chauvanistic lyrical content devoid of class. The kind of stuff Ted Nugent would compose. But not as good. So what could've been dynamite VH tunes ultimatley became boring & instantly forgettable crap devoid of substance predominantly due to lousy songwriting & an overwhelming lack of lyrical creativity.

4. TopJ, VH51504 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Another thing before I forget...

I frequently notice VH fans on the net clearly confused as to who & what VH are ( or where)

VAN HALEN was a BAND!!!!!

1978 - 1984

VAN HALEN was a BAND!!!!!

You know- like Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, etc.....

But- Yeah...Since the band's name is the same as the guitarist & drummers last name it appears a fair amount of fans are clearly confused by the concept & band brand name & logo & so forth....

No- VAN HALEN is NOT like SANTANA who were also initially a band at first until they broke up & became a different lineup almost every album with Carlos Santana being the main band leader.

Look at BON JOVI....were they initially a band or a solo artist....wasnt Richie Sambora an important contributer composing material ....or was it always considered to be a solo band...the singers last name

How about DOKKEN?....wasnt George Lynch the guitarist kind of an important component of the band....or was it always the lead singers solo band

Yngwie Malmsteen- There's no confusion about his band because he used his full name....as opposed to naming it Malmsteen....or whatever...just as an example....you can dig what I'm getting at here....

VAN HALEN is not some kind of musical chairs solo act defined by Edward & Alex that can switch vocalists & bass players whether the fans who are EVH synchphants will comment they dont care who the lead vocalist is & only care about EVH are not actually VAN HALEN fans they are EVH fans & there is a big difference.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

LWI/WCTBL/WIL
    Last Online

Today @ 07:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!5,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

Van Halen was a band that played with 3 different lead singers from 1978-2015.
    "Sammy was the key. He was the guy who took us to a new, higher plateau with Van Halen." Michael Anthony

Sammy Hagar did the probable. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.

"It's 1978 and you start listening to this! Goddamn, it must have been like an atomic explosion in your mind! Dantres on YouTube reacting to I'm the One.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 08:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I dig 'er. If they ever got a female (which I definitely don't prefer), I'd be a 100% on board with her.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:14 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    I think Ed had the hots for Patty, which I totally understand.
    Ugh. And you give me grief for Ashley Graham? Butter face or butter booty. I'll take butter booty.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 09:34 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!300,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Ugh. And you give me grief for Ashley Graham? Butter face or butter booty. I'll take butter booty.
    And I will take a 130 lb woman over a 190 lb woman. Ashley Graham looks like a dude.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    And I will take a 130 lb woman over a 190 lb woman. Ashley Graham looks like a dude.
    Then I guess I'm into dudes then. Don't let Dreidel see this.

11. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Well Yeah- Technically I suppose that's accurate...

Deep Purple Rainbow Black Sabbath Judas Priest Iron Maiden Motley Crue AC/DC

Amazing how many big name bands had lead vocalist as well as other lineup changes....

Why so hung up on the VH I can easily answer that question....

It's because there's an overwhelming misconception that the VH band was equally succesful after 1985...

The common commentary stating that they had 4 #1 albums...

Yes- But none of those 4 #1 albums actually exceeded the sales of the original.6 VH albums regardless of hit singles or grammy awards.

In fact- Each VH album from 86 to 95 sold substantually less than the previous release.

You have to count the first year & tour cycle sales as the collective barometer for true realistic comparisons.

You CAN NOT count the total sales of the entire catalog to make a true accurate comparison.

1984 was the #1 highest selling VH album in the first year sales sold over 3 million which was absolutley insanely successful at that time.

The first VH album sold 1 million or more in the first year.

Diver Down sold 1 million in 1982

VH2 sold 1 million in 1979

Woman & Children First 1 million 1980

Fair Warning no subnificent data available

5150 sold 1 million in 1986

OU812 1 million 1988

FUCK 1 million 1991

Balance 1 million 1995

VH3 500000 1998

I see many comments online always referancing the multiplatinum diamond status of 10 million record sales for 1984 & VH1 as a supposed point to counter referance the 4 #1 albums from 86 - 95....

The internet commenters aquired this data from a quick google search most likely leading to Wikipedia....which is a general synopsis...but usually not up to date nor entirely accurate...but close enough I'm guessing....

But- In actual fact....both 1984 & VH1 have most likely in fact very likely both surpassed 20 million in sales since the 10 million count was done in 1999 between 1999 & 2020 both have been re-released in remastered versions in 2001 & again in 2015...as well as vinyl reissues in 2006 & 2014....

The true overall complete definitive calculation of the record sales detriment is only calculated & certified & applied as public Knowledge by the record company & artists requisite.

So ultimately the sales status figures you see on a quick google search to Wikipedia or wherever else are most certainly out of date & inaccurate. Just the latest stats available to them.

But- The Billboard & Record Review magazines from the years the albums were released show the record salea statistics as they were in that year.

So- based upon those first year record sales statistics you can clearly see VH's albums were fairly consistant throughout the years apart from 1984 which far exceeded all other releases & Fair Warning was not in line with the albums before & after but can clearly see a very sharp decline after 5150 in 1986 Ou812 sold far less as did FUCK & Balance all major letdowns for the record company.

There is always hype & glory attached to make record company products appear to be more sucessfull in advertising & being #1 on the charts is the main one but ultimately means jack shit its just a phoney baloney smokescreen to portray the artist as being more than it is.

What matters is the music. Whether it sold 20 million or 2 million. Who cares.

Fair Warning is the perfect example. The overall record sales for Fair Warning as far as I can see are still super low compared to the rest of the VH catalog. Including recent reissues.

Not to mention the VH 1986 to 1995 albums have never been rereleased as remasters on cd or vinyl.

But one thing for sure is 1984 ; VH1 are absolutley VH's # all time top selling albums from the entire catalog.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 09:34 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!300,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Then I guess I'm into dudes then. Don't let Dreidel see this.
    Too late. He's already half way to Reno ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Well Yeah- Technically I suppose that's accurate...

Deep Purple Rainbow Black Sabbath Judas Priest Iron Maiden Motley Crue AC/DC

Amazing how many big name bands had lead vocalist as well as other lineup changes....

Why so hung up on the VH I can easily answer that question....

It's because there's an overwhelming misconception that the VH band was equally succesful after 1985...

The common commentary stating that they had 4 #1 albums...

Yes- But none of those 4 #1 albums actually exceeded the sales of the original.6 VH albums regardless of hit singles or grammy awards.

In fact- Each VH album from 86 to 95 sold substantually less than the previous release.

You have to count the first year & tour cycle sales as the collective barometer for true realistic comparisons.

You CAN NOT count the total sales of the entire catalog to make a true accurate comparison.

1984 was the #1 highest selling VH album in the first year sales sold over 3 million which was absolutley insanely successful at that time.

The first VH album sold 1 million or more in the first year.

Diver Down sold 1 million in 1982

VH2 sold 1 million in 1979

Woman & Children First 1 million 1980

Fair Warning no subnificent data available

5150 sold 1 million in 1986

OU812 1 million 1988

FUCK 1 million 1991

Balance 1 million 1995

VH3 500000 1998

I see many comments online always referancing the multiplatinum diamond status of 10 million record sales for 1984 & VH1 as a supposed point to counter referance the 4 #1 albums from 86 - 95....

The internet commenters aquired this data from a quick google search most likely leading to Wikipedia....which is a general synopsis...but usually not up to date nor entirely accurate...but close enough I'm guessing....

But- In actual fact....both 1984 & VH1 have most likely in fact very likely both surpassed 20 million in sales since the 10 million count was done in 1999 between 1999 & 2020 both have been re-released in remastered versions in 2001 & again in 2015...as well as vinyl reissues in 2006 & 2014....

The true overall complete definitive calculation of the record sales detriment is only calculated & certified & applied as public Knowledge by the record company & artists requisite.

So ultimately the sales status figures you see on a quick google search to Wikipedia or wherever else are most certainly out of date & inaccurate. Just the latest stats available to them.

But- The Billboard & Record Review magazines from the years the albums were released show the record salea statistics as they were in that year.

So- based upon those first year record sales statistics you can clearly see VH's albums were fairly consistant throughout the years apart from 1984 which far exceeded all other releases & Fair Warning was not in line with the albums before & after but can clearly see a very sharp decline after 5150 in 1986 Ou812 sold far less as did FUCK & Balance all major letdowns for the record company.

There is always hype & glory attached to make record company products appear to be more sucessfull in advertising & being #1 on the charts is the main one but ultimately means jack shit its just a phoney baloney smokescreen to portray the artist as being more than it is.

What matters is the music. Whether it sold 20 million or 2 million. Who cares.

Fair Warning is the perfect example. The overall record sales for Fair Warning as far as I can see are still super low compared to the rest of the VH catalog. Including recent reissues.

Not to mention the VH 1986 to 1995 albums have never been rereleased as remasters on cd or vinyl.

But one thing for sure is 1984 ; VH1 are absolutley VH's # all time top selling albums from the entire catalog.
    Why? Why the album sales argument for the billionth time? Nobody's mind on the Hagar side will be changed no matter how much it's beaten to death.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points

Yeah this ainít going to end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk