Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 03:13 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default PayPal

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know that it appears I have been returned to normal standing at PayPal after like 100 years of nonsense with them. So my goal is to move the subscriptions back into the internal system of the website, so that it is tracked much better and I donít have to do anything manually. Your account will be automatically adjusted.

So looks like weíre going to be getting rid of GoFundMe and Iím going start working on that this weekend, so keep that in mind for this year.

Youíll be able to donate the way we used to do it.

And yes our donations needed will be considerably lower this year as well.

Yay!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

2. sinner's swing, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Uncle C, LLFHS, Daisy Hill, Number 47, YankeeRose thanked for this post.
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

OK I looked I thought it was longer. This only happened four years ago actually.
    Webmaster

Broken Down & Dirty
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.22.20 @ 08:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

And now I can't remove my thanks on that post. Thanks a lot, Brett.

I guess I don't understand PayPal's deal. If be pissed too.

5. Brett Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I know what the deal is I think. We have copyrighted stuff on this site, pics, music, logos, etc. And it's not that they're "on" this site, they're linked from this site. And that's enough for them. You aren't allowed to use their services for web sites that "steal" from people. Whatever. Right? Yeah we're stealing from Van Halen...uh huh. If I could get Van Halen to tell them they were OK with the site, they would let me me back on. Yeah fat chance of that. It's funny we are being punished for keeping alive the spirit of a dead rock band. We don't get a dime from VH for the free publicity this gives them. And believe me they appreciate it. They don't pay one cent of their own money to keep up a web presence, we and the VHND do it for them. And what do we ask for in return? Absolutely nothing. And I don't want anything, I still find plenty of enjoyment in keep this community around.

When this happened four years ago, I actually emailed Janie thinking maybe she'd get back to me and at least give me a little note I could pass to PayPal. Or maybe write back and say "Fuck you I don't have time for your silly issues and your dumb site. Yeah you are ripping us off!" I would have appreciated that more than nothing. I wrote her this nice email, blah blah blah, and nothing. She has no problem contacting me when we have something on the site she wants removed, or to plug some show Ed is going to be on, like when he was doing Two And A Half Men. I felt it was a little disrespectful not to get back to me after running this site for 20 years.

When we got to go to the Cafe Wha, and the two amazing shows here in LA, we got that stuff from Dave's people...NOT VH. I feel she could have returned my email. And I didn't just send it once, I sent it twice. She could have responded, she got them. It's not like the business of running Ed's career is so hectic 24/7 that she can't be bothered to reply to an email. They certainly didn't mind when Brad asked for my help when he was starting up the message forum on their site. Who do you think he came to with questions and opinions? Yep yours truly.

So I guess now in four more years, I'll be able to get a PayPal account...maybe. It's pathetic that I can't use their services now for accepting money on this web site. Like I'm some sort of criminal.
    Webmaster

7. edwardv, Jedi McFly Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:57 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

That felt good Brett huh? Get that off your chest. At the end of the day this site is THE VH site and has been for 20 years. Their official site is a joke. Their whole social media presence is a joke but then again, the band is a joke. That's ok though because we're here for us now. I'm here to talk to you, Brook, Mike, JD, Darrin (where the fuck is he) Not for them. I couldn't give two fucks about that band anymore. I'll participate in a favorite Ed stage outfit thread etc but only because there's nothing else going on that day.

Anyway, wanted to acknowledge this post because you have given a lifetime to this shit. I would have never started no website. I wouldn't even know how. 20 fucking years bro and still going.

Unbelievable.

9. Brett, Uncle C, Jedi McFly, Simon Ribeiro Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I know what the deal is I think. We have copyrighted stuff on this site, pics, music, logos, etc. And it's not that they're "on" this site, they're linked from this site. And that's enough for them. You aren't allowed to use their services for web sites that "steal" from people. Whatever. Right? Yeah we're stealing from Van Halen...uh huh. If I could get Van Halen to tell them they were OK with the site, they would let me me back on. Yeah fat chance of that. It's funny we are being punished for keeping alive the spirit of a dead rock band. We don't get a dime from VH for the free publicity this gives them. And believe me they appreciate it. They don't pay one cent of their own money to keep up a web presence, we and the VHND do it for them. And what do we ask for in return? Absolutely nothing. And I don't want anything, I still find plenty of enjoyment in keep this community around.

When this happened four years ago, I actually emailed Janie thinking maybe she'd get back to me and at least give me a little note I could pass to PayPal. Or maybe write back and say "Fuck you I don't have time for your silly issues and your dumb site. Yeah you are ripping us off!" I would have appreciated that more than nothing. I wrote her this nice email, blah blah blah, and nothing. She has no problem contacting me when we have something on the site she wants removed, or to plug some show Ed is going to be on, like when he was doing Two And A Half Men. I felt it was a little disrespectful not to get back to me after running this site for 20 years.

When we got to go to the Cafe Wha, and the two amazing shows here in LA, we got that stuff from Dave's people...NOT VH. I feel she could have returned my email. And I didn't just send it once, I sent it twice. She could have responded, she got them. It's not like the business of running Ed's career is so hectic 24/7 that she can't be bothered to reply to an email. They certainly didn't mind when Brad asked for my help when he was starting up the message forum on their site. Who do you think he came to with questions and opinions? Yep yours truly.

So I guess now in four more years, I'll be able to get a PayPal account...maybe. It's pathetic that I can't use their services now for accepting money on this web site. Like I'm some sort of criminal.
    Brett it will always be ďwhat have you done for me latelyĒ.

Itís very clear that Dave cares about the fans. The band, not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Brett, bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Itís very clear that Dave cares about the fans. The band, not so much.
    Yes! Mad respect for Dave. Mike? I hear rumors he's a member here. I'm still waiting on his donation as much as we fluff him here.

13. Brett Liked This Post
    EVH - Long Live The King
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

10.17.20 @ 07:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Yes! Mad respect for Dave. Mike? I hear rumors he's a member here. I'm still waiting on his donation as much as we fluff him here.
    Forgiveness.

That's the shit I'm talkin' bout!

* waves *
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

15. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Broken Down & Dirty
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.22.20 @ 08:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

I've tried over the years not to be bitter, but the brothers make it damn near impossible. Their whole M.O. seems to be to take take take and then disregard us ungrateful fans. Like Fudd and Chris said, Dave cares, Mike cares, but the brothers don't seem to. Chris is right that this is the VH website, and you would think they'd treat it with a bit of respect. I just checked. The last update to their website was July 10, 2015. Five years ago. Sometimes I think we're idiots for keeping their name alive.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Default PayPal

I donít think the site is so much about them anymore, I think itís about us. Itís about us as a community of people brought together by the love of music from a band. I think thatís where it stops being about Van Halen.

I think the fans matter but I also think these guys have lived lives we can never understand, and Iím sure they have been taken advantage of time and time again over the years, people looking to glom on to them. So Iím sure theyíre a little bitter in some ways. I donít expect them to give a shit that weíre here, but it wouldíve been nice to at least get some recognition for creating an atmosphere to talk about the band when there really was none. They give Jeff the time of day because he created that magazine, and he runs the official store, but for those of us who havenít created something tangible like that for them we just donít make the radar. We donít have enough impact to them. Iím sure they are waiting for me to ask for something after all these years but I never have and I never will. I donít want anything from them. I didnít create this site to get anything.

Except I did ask her to at least acknowledge our existence and that they donít have a huge issue with it, that wouldíve at least helped me with PayPal. I really donít care that I canít have a PayPal account, but the fact that I am being treated like a criminal and canít have a PayPal account for whatever reason because of a rock band, that does piss me off. I did expect a response from Janie about it too. If she thinks this website magically gets paid for without hundreds of dollars a month, then maybe I should welcome her to the real world of running a large website.

But trying to get two old dudes like Ed and Al to give a flying fuck about the web when itís clear they donít give a fuck, just isnít realistic.
    Webmaster

18. billy007 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I can confirm that micheal Anthony is here.

20. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

I donít think the site is so much about them anymore, I think itís about us. Itís about us as a community of people brought together by the love of music from a band. I think thatís where it stops being about Van Halen.

I think the fans matter but I also think these guys have lived lives we can never understand, and Iím sure they have been taken advantage of time and time over the years, people looking to glom on to them. So Iím sure theyíre a little bitter in some ways. I donít expect them to give a shit that weíre here, but it wouldíve been nice to at least get some recognition for creating an atmosphere to talk about the band when there really was none. They give Jeff the time of day because he created that magazine, and he runs the official store, but for those of us who havenít created something tangible like that for them we just donít make the radar. We donít have enough impact to them. Iím sure they are waiting for me to ask for something after all these years but I never have and I never will. I donít want anything from them. I didnít create this site to get anything.

Except I did ask her to at least acknowledge our existence and that they donít have a huge issue with it, that wouldíve at least helped me with PayPal. I really donít care that I canít have a PayPal account, but the fact that I am being treated like a criminal and canít have a PayPal account for whatever reason because of a rock band, that does piss me off. I did expect a response from Janie about it too. If she thinks this website magically gets paid for without hundreds of dollars a month, then maybe I should welcome her to the real world of running a large website.

But trying to get two old dudes like Ed and Al to give a flying fuck about the web when itís clear they donít give a fuck, just isnít realistic.
    Brett Iím truly sorry those guys were silent. As much as you keep the band alive and in a roundabout way support them, you should have got some sort of response from her. Thatís just messed up.

Itís fucking tragic the way that family treats the world.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

I know. I was being a bit tongue and cheek.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Can you imagine how much this place would blow up if Ed ever posted a "you guys are great message" via Janie?

My hunches is that a lot of the indifference is because of Wolfgang. Some of us beat him on here *waves* but that was to be expected. We're hardcores and our guy was unceremoniously booted for all time.

Those album covers. That was a doozy.

Hell-LOW Baay-BAY!!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableWell-LikedPic Poster

His brother is (was) here too. I've gotten PM's from him.