Today @ 09:30 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default Sammy Hagar: "Van Halen will never be finished!"

Boy, does Rolling Stone love Sammy these days, another interview with him after the one from yesterday:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-tour-1001675/

“Eddie had a lot of health issues, but I heard he got it together,” says Hagar. “I pray for the guy and I love the guy”

David Lee Roth caused mild panic in the Van Halen fan community late last year when he told the press that the band was “finished” as he announced plans for his Las Vegas residency and solo tour with Kiss. Former frontman Sammy Hagar hasn’t spoken directly to Eddie Van Halen since the conclusion of their 2004 reunion tour, but talking to Rolling Stone, he has a different take than Roth’s assessment.

“Until Ed or Alex Van Halen die, they’re not finished,” he tells Rolling Stone. “Those are two great musicians that can friggin’ do as good as most people at half-mast. As a drummer and as a guitarist and creative person, Eddie, I can’t see them ever being finished. I wish they were more active, but I think Van Halen will never be finished.

“If they want to get it together, they just have to call Dave or have to call Sammy,” he adds. “They can go out with [Van Halen’s son] Wolfie as a trio, but that’s not the legacy of Van Halen. I think they know that. I’m not predicting what’s going to happen, but I would tell you if there’s concerts next year, Van Halen will probably be on tour next year.”

Last year, former Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony revealed that he spoke to Roth’s manager along with Irving Azoff, Eddie and Alex Van Halen’s manager, about a reunion tour. “From what I’ve heard, and I haven’t spoken to any of the guys [in the band], they were gonna try to plan a thing for this summer [of 2019],” he said. “And for whatever reason… I was never… My people were never… They never got in touch with us about any kind of a contract or any kind of a meeting to discuss or whatever. And the next thing I knew, the plug got pulled on it.”

Hagar tells Rolling Stone that he also heard about a 2019 reunion tour from a representative for the band. “I was asked through other people in my management to see if that would happen,” he says. “The camps talked about it and Live Nation asked about it. It came and went because Ed got sick. I don’t know exactly what happened to him, but I think he had back surgery.”

The exact state of Eddie Van Halen’s health has been the source of much speculation in the past year, but the guitarist has yet to comment on the situation publicly. “Eddie had a lot of health issues, but I heard he got it together,” says Hagar. “I pray for the guy and I love the guy.”

The classic Van Halen lineup of 1974 to 1984 hasn’t performed together since the conclusion of the 1984 tour. Original frontman David Lee Roth did return to the band in 2007, but Anthony was replaced on bass by Eddie’s son Wolfgang. “My dream tour is the Sam and Dave tour with Ed, Al and Mike.” says Hagar. ‘Let Wolfie put his band together and open. I have a son, Andrew Hagar, who makes great music. Let Andrew open, let Wolfie play with his band in the middle and then have the Sam and Dave tour where we do an hour each. An hour with Dave songs and an hour with me.”

The logistics of a Sam and Dave tour might be hard to work out. They went out together as solo acts in 2002, but there was so much tension backstage, an actual wall had to be erected at certain venues to keep them apart. At no point did they appear onstage at the same time.

“If Dave wants to come out together, we can do that,” says Hagar. “But of course he wouldn’t want to do that, so I couldn’t care less if I even saw the guy. The truth of the matter is, for the fans, and just for me to be a part of that, I want to to walk out there every night and do the best of Van Hagar and have him do the best of that era. That’s a good a tour as anyone would ever do on the planet and it’s for the Van Halen fans. I love making people happy. And it would make me happy.”

Right now, it’s impossible to know when any major rock act can hit the road, let alone a Van Halen reunion. And predicting future events in the world of Van Halen has always been an impossibility. All that said, Hagar remains very optimistic.

“I foresee it happening,” he says. “I’m not trying to plant a seed like I know something is happening. I know nothing. I just know what I know in my heart and my head, which is that it has to happen. Whether it’s Sam and Dave or not, I don’t know that either. But I know that Eddie and I are not done. If enough water goes under the bridge before we die, it’ll happen. It has to. God is going to slap us both around if he has to.”

Last year, former Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony revealed that he spoke to Roth’s manager along with Irving Azoff, Eddie and Alex Van Halen’s manager, about a reunion tour. “From what I’ve heard, and I haven’t spoken to any of the guys [in the band], they were gonna try to plan a thing for this summer [of 2019],” he said. “And for whatever reason… I was never… My people were never… They never got in touch with us about any kind of a contract or any kind of a meeting to discuss or whatever. And the next thing I knew, the plug got pulled on it.”

Hagar tells Rolling Stone that he also heard about a 2019 reunion tour from a representative for the band. “I was asked through other people in my management to see if that would happen,” he says. “The camps talked about it and Live Nation asked about it. It came and went because Ed got sick. I don’t know exactly what happened to him, but I think he had back surgery.”

The exact state of Eddie Van Halen’s health has been the source of much speculation in the past year, but the guitarist has yet to comment on the situation publicly. “Eddie had a lot of health issues, but I heard he got it together,” says Hagar. “I pray for the guy and I love the guy.”

The classic Van Halen lineup of 1974 to 1984 hasn’t performed together since the conclusion of the 1984 tour. Original frontman David Lee Roth did return to the band in 2007, but Anthony was replaced on bass by Eddie’s son Wolfgang. “My dream tour is the Sam and Dave tour with Ed, Al and Mike.” says Hagar. ‘Let Wolfie put his band together and open. I have a son, Andrew Hagar, who makes great music. Let Andrew open, let Wolfie play with his band in the middle and then have the Sam and Dave tour where we do an hour each. An hour with Dave songs and an hour with me.”

The logistics of a Sam and Dave tour might be hard to work out. They went out together as solo acts in 2002, but there was so much tension backstage, an actual wall had to be erected at certain venues to keep them apart. At no point did they appear onstage at the same time.

“If Dave wants to come out together, we can do that,” says Hagar. “But of course he wouldn’t want to do that, so I couldn’t care less if I even saw the guy. The truth of the matter is, for the fans, and just for me to be a part of that, I want to to walk out there every night and do the best of Van Hagar and have him do the best of that era. That’s a good a tour as anyone would ever do on the planet and it’s for the Van Halen fans. I love making people happy. And it would make me happy.”

Right now, it’s impossible to know when any major rock act can hit the road, let alone a Van Halen reunion. And predicting future events in the world of Van Halen has always been an impossibility. All that said, Hagar remains very optimistic.

“I foresee it happening,” he says. “I’m not trying to plant a seed like I know something is happening. I know nothing. I just know what I know in my heart and my head, which is that it has to happen. Whether it’s Sam and Dave or not, I don’t know that either. But I know that Eddie and I are not done. If enough water goes under the bridge before we die, it’ll happen. It has to. God is going to slap us both around if he has to.”

Little Dreamer

2. DFVH5150, James in New York, YankeeRose, Zen Halen thanked for this post.
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I’m having a psychic vision of where this thread will end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

08.06.20 @ 09:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Back surgery?!!
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

5. mikehunt5150 thanked for this post.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.19.20 @ 11:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

I don't need VH/I don't want VH/But I love Eddie/It could happen/It will happen/I dunno what's up with those guys/I don't need VH. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...yarcwoiovu.jpg

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.18.20 @ 11:45 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    I’m having a psychic vision of where this thread will end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

08.06.20 @ 09:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

If Eddie walked in the room right now, i swear, Sammy would start humping his leg.

He wants to be reunited with VH sooooooooo bad.

At this point, i think he'd do it for free.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

9. JUNGLE DRUMMER, PrideofPasadena thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Oof. Sam, you’re losing your shit. Must be all the despair from quarantine and canceling tours. Or too much Santo. First you’re off rails with touting playing concerts before there’s a vaccine. Next, you’re insisting you and Ed are destined to play together again and you’re hyping a VH Family Band reunion again.

Get a grip, old man. You don’t have to kowtow to Rolling Stone every time they call.

11. PrideofPasadena thanked for this post.
    #vhlinksmatter
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Sam Hagar is cool. Sam Hagar is ass fudge.

13. mikehunt5150 thanked for this post.
    Romeo Delight
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.23.20 @ 06:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableWell-Liked

Jesus...

Let it go, Sam.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 01:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked

I believe, too! Amen.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Stats:
    BECAME PSYCHO FAN: 12/91
    VAN HALEN W/DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN W/SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN W/GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 9x
    DAVE SOLO: 14x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (W/MONTROSE 1x, @CABO WABO CANTINA 1x)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:39 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Oof. Sam, you’re losing your shit. Must be all the despair from quarantine and canceling tours. Or too much Santo. First you’re off rails with touting playing concerts before there’s a vaccine. Next, you’re insisting you and Ed are destined to play together again and you’re hyping a VH Family Band reunion again.

Get a grip, old man. You don’t have to kowtow to Rolling Stone every time they call.
    it's good to see your somehow an expert in self promotion. if rolling stone calls and asks for an interview why would sam turn it down? lol.

17. Little Dreamer thanked for this post.
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    it's good to see your somehow an expert in self promotion. if rolling stone calls and asks for an interview why would sam turn it down? lol.
    It’s not the opp as much as it’s the running mouth content. Sometimes he nails it. Sometimes he flops it. Dude’s been KILLING the Circle lockdown covers. Why shade his current band with hopeless rants about reuniting with VH?

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.23.20 @ 10:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Just a matter of time...

Tat Tvam Asi
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

“Eddie had a lot of health issues, but I heard he got it together.”

"If there’s concerts next year, Van Halen will probably be on tour next year.”

Be birds singing in the rose gardens of immortality, lions roaring in the forests of knowledge and wisdom.

-Baha'i Scriptures

21. DFVH5150, Little Dreamer, Zen Halen thanked for this post.
    D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 09:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

I can't wait for this reunion and tour,, and Mike on bass too,,, er, i guess that's not an issue for Sam anymore. But this is gonna be awesome! Thank you, Sammy and VH!
    ☩ ☩ ☩