Last Online

07.07.21 @ 08:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    2,000 VHL Life PointsVeteran

I remember hearing that story including the part about the gun sometime in the mid 2000s. Somebody in the entertainment business told me it because they knew I was a Van Halen fan. I have no idea if it was true but the story definitely made the rounds. Plus Eddie was doing some crazy stuff during that time.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 12:00 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by mike zack View Post
    Ughh... Im really tempted to buy the book.
    Damn right- Me too. I'm going to buy it. Why the hell not.

It will surely be far more entertaining & insightful due to the authours first hand experiances as opposed to numerous other VH books compiled from magazine interviews that we've already read before.

Such as Ian Christie's Everybody Wants Some book. Which was completely devoid of anything new at all. Pure shit. Any bozo could compose a book based upon chronological band history drawn from magazine interviews. Throw in a few lousy half assed photos & charge $30 to sell a book that reiturates everything the fans already know. Pure shit. Did I say that already. I'll say it again. Pure shit.

Not to mention Kevin Dodd's EVH biography book which is by far the absolute most pathetic display of rock biography shit that I've ever read. I never felt so stupid for buying a book than I did after reading that piece of shit. At the time it was released there wasn't many other VH books going around so bought it unknowingly thinking maybe there'd be something in the way of new worthwhile info to find out. Nope. Not so. The authour even included a transcript of an EVH radio interview with Opie & Anthony.

Opie & Anthony. ?????

Enjoy my $36 asshole. Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Won't get fooled again.

I haven't bought Martin Popoff's recent VH Unchained book so can't comment about how useless I'm guessing it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Coolio View Post
    Same! Would anyone advise against doing so? Anyone own it?
    There's at least 5 VH fan's I've noticed on the FB who are all extremely satisified & glad they bought it. Some were Super psyched but big EVH psycho fans. I respect their opinions and am going to buy one too.

Kind of shitty this guy is trying to make a buck off eddie with out his consent on this
    Did Martin Popoff get EVH's permission to put out the Unchained VH manual book. I'm guessing no.

Any VH related book for that matter are usually unauthorized. Otherwise they'd have the VH logo on the cover.

Did you buy Noel Monk's book. Any VH fan that didn't is an idiot. It's a dynamite entertaining read from start to finish. Reason being is because the authour was there. The book is his life. He is telling his stories from his first hand perspective.

Do you think EVH actually approves of his former manager's book.

How is that different from this Andrew Bennett book.

No differance. None.

Buy it or don't buy it. It's a free country.

Yeah but not someone Ed hired and worked at 5150
    Yes- That's the one little pebble in the shoe about it....makes it out to be kind of a greasy tabloid tell all kind of thing..

..like Ace Frehley's ex girlfriends book...which she chronicalled her time with him & talked about all kinds of personal stuff....

I can tell you I honestly felt stupid & dirty reading it...but was just curious....just a fan reading a book....shouldn't become a moral quandry.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Damn right- Me too. I'm going to buy it. Why the hell not.

It will surely be far more entertaining & insightful due to the authours first hand experiances as opposed to numerous other VH books compiled from magazine interviews that we've already read before.

Such as Ian Christie's Everybody Wants Some book. Which was completely devoid of anything new at all. Pure shit. Any bozo could compose a book based upon chronological band history drawn from magazine interviews. Throw in a few lousy half assed photos & charge $30 to sell a book that reiturates everything the fans already know. Pure shit. Did I say that already. I'll say it again. Pure shit.

Not to mention Kevin Dodd's EVH biography book which is by far the absolute most pathetic display of rock biography shit that I've ever read. I never felt so stupid for buying a book than I did after reading that piece of shit. At the time it was released there wasn't many other VH books going around so bought it unknowingly thinking maybe there'd be something in the way of new worthwhile info to find out. Nope. Not so. The authour even included a transcript of an EVH radio interview with Opie & Anthony.

Opie & Anthony. ?????

Enjoy my $36 asshole. Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice. Won't get fooled again.

I haven't bought Martin Popoff's recent VH Unchained book so can't comment about how useless I'm guessing it is.

There's at least 5 VH fan's I've noticed on the FB who are all extremely satisified & glad they bought it. Some were Super psyched but big EVH psycho fans. I respect their opinions and am going to buy one too.

Did Martin Popoff get EVH's permission to put out the Unchained VH manual book. I'm guessing no.

Any VH related book for that matter are usually unauthorized. Otherwise they'd have the VH logo on the cover.

Did you buy Noel Monk's book. Any VH fan that didn't is an idiot. It's a dynamite entertaining read from start to finish. Reason being is because the authour was there. The book is his life. He is telling his stories from his first hand perspective.

Do you think EVH actually approves of his former manager's book.

How is that different from this Andrew Bennett book.

No differance. None.

Buy it or don't buy it. It's a free country.

Yes- That's the one little pebble in the shoe about it....makes it out to be kind of a greasy tabloid tell all kind of thing..

..like Ace Frehley's ex girlfriends book...which she chronicalled her time with him & talked about all kinds of personal stuff....

I can tell you I honestly felt stupid & dirty reading it...but was just curious....just a fan reading a book....shouldn't become a moral quandry.
    Yeah, the only thing is that guy Andrew Bennet seems to have been there during EVH's worse period. No new music was created, so all that is left is the gossip angle.
    Little Dreamer

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default EVH put a gun to Fred Durst's head?!?

I have it as well. First pressing I believe.

I found it to be excellent. Very insightful and some great pictures in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

5. Dutchie5150 thanked for this post.
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Today @ 02:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

Yeah but not someone Ed hired and worked at 5150
    Sammy???
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Today @ 02:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

I've got the book as well. Its awesome.

Its got some incredible photos and stories in it. The story about the would be robbers is insane...
    Last edited by Dutchie5150; 04.23.20 at 10:35 PM.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

8. MF5150 thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I think the best VH story of the month search has ended today. Mind you, no one knows if it's true considering the source, but read it and you're in for a good laugh!

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddi...en-fred-durst/

The incident with Durst allegedly took place after guitarist Wes Borland had quit Limp Bizkit and the band held auditions to find a replacement. Durst and Eddie Van Halen were introduced at a party where a record-label executive suggested they work together. Bennett said Durst responded, “That would be hilarious. The greatest guitar player ever plays with the worst band ever.” But Van Halen responded with, “Fuck it, let’s jam.”

The session went ahead at a house in Beverly Hills, but Van Halen, who’s not a fan of weed, left abruptly after people began smoking it, leaving guitars, amps and other equipment behind. Bennett said afterward the guitarist described the jam as “like being a scholar amongst kindergartners.”

The following day, Van Halen contacted Durst to recover his gear, according to Bennett.The guitarist was still upset about the experience, and after not hearing back from Durst after 24 hours, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

“Eddie once bought an assault vehicle from a military auction,” Bennett writes. “It has a shine gun mount on the back and is not legal. Eddie drove that assault vehicle through L.A., into Beverly Hills, then parked and left it running on the front lawn of the house Limp Bizkit was rehearsing in. He got out wearing no shirt, his hair in a Samurai bun on top of his head, his jeans held up with a strand of rope and combat boots held together by duct tape. And he had a gun in his hand.”

“That asshole answered the door," Bennett recalled Van Halen explaining. "I put my gun to that stupid fucking red hat of his, and I said, ‘Where’s my shit, motherfucker?’ That fucking guy just turned to one of his employees and starts yelling at him to grab my shit. ... Eddie Van Halen stood on the front lawn of a residential home in Beverly Hills in broad daylight, smoking a cigarette while holding a gun on Fred Durst as he went back and forth from the house to the assault vehicle, lugging amps and guitars.”

Bennett said the Van Halen-Limp Bizkit summit remains a head-scratcher to this day: “Katy Perry could join Slipknot and I would be less shocked.”
    shocked that you would post this

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 12:00 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Yeah, the only thing is that guy Andrew Bennet seems to have been there during EVH's worse period. No new music was created, so all that is left is the gossip angle.
    No- Not exactly. He was there in 2004 & again in 2006 leading into 2007. So he has legitimate creedance & justifiable exhonererance chronacilling his personal hands on experiance with the subject of interest being somewhat publicly unatainable for whatever reasons but there's a certain contingence of fan's interested in the authours stories.

Right or wrong?

I think we all know the answer.

Did Ed Anderson put out a book. No. He didn't. But he could. And if he did. Would you buy & read it. I would.

The choice is up to the consumers.

I do definetly believe there is an overabundance of miscoduct perpetrated by the authour as he is releasing photographs taken in confidece at the 5150 studios during his time commissioned by the subject. EVH. So the materials presumadly should ideally be submiitted & retained by the subject who commissioned the individual to chronical 5150 studio activity on film & audio as well as photography.

But- The personal anecdotes & storytelling by the authour is surely within his rights to tell his story completley separate from releasing recorded or film & photographic materials. Which I believe to be a breach of trust based upon the legal briefings.

11. Little Dreamer thanked for this post.
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    It killed at the box office: $3,153

The Fanatic earned $3,153 from 52 theaters in the U.S. on its opening day
    I’m not a Doctor but that’s approx 4 patrons, per theatre.

Killing it, I believe is the proper nomenclature here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

13. LAD-1972 thanked for this post.
    Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    I've heard this story prior to reading Andrew's book but not in the same detail. I don't see what motivation Bennett has is to lie about it though. Maybe Eddie lied to him about it, but I don't doubt Bennett.

That being said, he is as close to enemy number one as anybody ever has been here, so I doubt many will believe him.
    Sounds about right for Eddies look and state of mind in 2004, right down to the duct taped pos boots he wore.
    Last edited by Destructo3; 04.23.20 at 10:52 PM.

15. PrideofPasadena thanked for this post.
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.22.21 @ 08:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedThee King25,000 VHL Life Points

I think Eddie's behavior during this time has to do with those boots wrapped in gaffer tape. They are cursed or something. Just about every bizarre story mentions the infamous boots.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    shocked that you would post this

It makes sense that this would appear on a Van Halen forum, don't you think? I'd prefer to post a preview of the new Van Halen record. If there was one.
    Little Dreamer

18. MF5150, Foamfoot thanked for this post.
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

08.05.21 @ 12:00 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

LOL. I think Ed is guilty till proven innocent, in this case.

Where's the cartoon? This would make a hilarious one.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

It makes sense that this would appear on a Van Halen forum, don't you think? I'd prefer to post a preview of the new Van Halen record. If there was one.
    bitter
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    bitter
    I'm sure at the time they didn't see it that way, but 20 years later, this story is pretty funny.
    Little Dreamer