Today @ 09:07 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Homes is the best. Way to go garbeaj! Out.
    Thanks so much from me and thank you on behalf of my friends who worked so hard on it!

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Careful with Magazines Direct.

I ordered a copy from this site on December 5th. Still haven't received my copy and their website offers little to no support. Luckily I found a copy at my local Barnes and Noble.

3. garbeaj Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Careful with Magazines Direct.

I ordered a copy from this site on December 5th. Still haven't received my copy and their website offers little to no support. Luckily I found a copy at my local Barnes and Noble.
    Believe me, I know! This is the Guitar World site for ordering subscriptions and individual copies. I ordered a copy of the January 2021 EVH memorial issue back in the first few days of December....the copy never arrived and the publisher ended up issuing me a credit. I have the digital version of it, but I still don't have a physical copy of it. They have long since sold out of that issue at the few places that actually carried it, so I'll probably never get a physical copy. I ordered 6 copies of the February issue just three days after it appeared for subscribers so that I could have one and send out a couple to friends and family...nothing so far.

They have a god-awful customer service track record.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

By the way, stay tuned to this thread as I will be continuing to break down every remaining section as I have done so far.

As expected, I have been getting a lot of people like sinners swing who claim that my transcription is merely a copy of the Wolf Marshall transcription. I’ve already proven that is not the case beyond a shadow of a doubt, but in this thread I will continue to prove that my transcription represents almost totally new observations from myself and my collaborators and I will continue to back up every note and phrase with video, audio and often interview evidence that supports everything you see in the transcription.

If there are any parts of this transcription that are the same as a previous transcription it is because that part represents something that is agreed upon...sometimes other people actually got something right and in those cases I would have transcribed it the same as they have because it is almost certainly the correct way that Eddie played it. I won’t deliberately transcribe something INCORRECTLY just so that my transcription will be “different” than any other. I state again...I am aware of every major attempted transcription of “Eruption” both officially licensed and unofficial demos and lessons on YouTube or some other media. You would be hard pressed to find any previous attempt that I am not intimately aware of. As I stated earlier, these previous transcriptions almost always showed me how Eddie DIDN’T play something. They showed me what NOT to do in almost every case.

My friends and I follow evidence and proof. My friends and I don’t “copy” or plagiarize any observations from anyone.

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Zero thru FW
    Favorite VH Song

One Sky Control Movies
    Last Online

01.18.21 @ 03:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser

Quote Originally Posted by garbeaj View Post
    By the way, stay tuned to this thread as I will be continuing to break down every remaining section as I have done so far.

As expected, I have been getting a lot of people like sinners swing who claim that my transcription is merely a copy of the Wolf Marshall transcription. I’ve already proven that is not the case beyond a shadow of a doubt, but in this thread I will continue to prove that my transcription represents almost totally new observations from myself and my collaborators and I will continue to back up every note and phrase with video, audio and often interview evidence that supports everything you see in the transcription.

If there are any parts of this transcription that are the same as a previous transcription it is because that part represents something that is agreed upon...sometimes other people actually got something right and in those cases I would have transcribed it the same as they have because it is almost certainly the correct way that Eddie played it. I won’t deliberately transcribe something INCORRECTLY just so that my transcription will be “different” than any other. I state again...I am aware of every major attempted transcription of “Eruption” both officially licensed and unofficial demos and lessons on YouTube or some other media. You would be hard pressed to find any previous attempt that I am not intimately aware of. As I stated earlier, these previous transcriptions almost always showed me how Eddie DIDN’T play something. They showed me what NOT to do in almost every case.

My friends and I follow evidence and proof. My friends and I don’t “copy” or plagiarize any observations from anyone.
    I'll assume you have legal permission to transcribe copyrighted material for distribution then

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by turnbuckle View Post
    I'll assume you have legal permission to transcribe copyrighted material for distribution then
    Guitar World paid for licensing and publishing clearances...you must certainly know that.

But of course I don’t have tens of thousands of dollars nor do I have any way of getting permission from the band’s lawyers. I like to learn as much as I can and share it for free with anyone who cares to learn for themselves or as a means for them to teach me through a reasoned logical and evidence based approach which is what my friends and I have tried to do.

What you may have misunderstood is that I was referencing others on this site and other sites who claim my friends and I simply “copied” or compiled other previously published transcriptions or that my friends and I “copied” from various YouTube demos or lessons.

You were probably talking about me “copying” Van Halen’s music...which is indeed what the word “transcribe” means...it is the analysis of an acoustic musical signal so as to write down the pitch, onset time, duration, and source of each sound that occurs in it.

Maybe I didn’t understand what you were trying to say...it was pretty cryptic as usual.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Today @ 10:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by garbeaj View Post
    That’s exactly the one...it was done by Andy Aledort and Jeff Perrin. I’m glad I got several corrections into the “I’m The One” transcription but I wish I’d had time to correct the “Mean Street” transcription.

In fact, their original plan was to just reprint all three of their old transcriptions for “Eruption”, “I’m The One” and “Mean Street”, but I’m glad that they ditched that idea when they saw what my friends and I did with “Eruption”. The only one of the three transcriptions that remained uncorrected was the “Mean Street” transcription.

I’m still working on learning stuff and revising things all the time as I learn more from others and make discoveries myself. For example, I just completely revised the “Panama” solo from how my friend Bill originally taught it to me. I feel like I got it A LOT more accurate than ever. I’m never giving up on learning!
    "Panama" has the Clapton lick, you referenced, i believe (The Top of the world, thing).

I feel like he ends the "Romeo Delight" solo with that pattern, and also begins "Sinner's swing!"
    solo, with that same idea.

I love that lick.
    High octane blues.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    "Panama" has the Clapton lick, you referenced, i believe (The Top of the world, thing).

I feel like he ends the "Romeo Delight" solo with that pattern, and also begins "Sinner's swing!"
    solo, with that same idea.

I love that lick.
    High octane blues.
    That’s exactly right...though my friend Bill and I originally thought that Eddie played the lick from “Sitting On Top Of The World” verbatim in the fast phrase in the “Panama” solo and it’s cousin in the key of D which is the fast phrase at the end of the “When It’s Love” solo. I posted the changes to those solos when I realized where Eddie added the “hammer-ons from nowhere”. The sequence of notes are the same as the Clapton “Sitting On Top Of The World” licks, but Eddie made those licks his by adding the “hammer-ons from nowhere”.

And yeah, he does that Clapton sequence in the “Hear About It Later” solo, “Hot For Teacher”, “Outta Love Again”, the ending solos from “I’m The One” and “You Really Got Me”...it is EVERYWHERE in Eddie’s playing. Sometimes he played it verbatim and more often he added the “hammer-ons from nowhere”. Critical lick for sure!