2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 666
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  1,015
Save
Page 666 of 725 FirstFirst ... 166566616656663664665666667668669676716 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 10866
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

08.05.20 @ 02:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    I read that Florida just had more new cases in a 24 hr period than NY did at its peak. It reminds me of when DeSantis was at the White House scolding the media on how wrong they were in warning him that Florida could become like NY if he didn't take the virus seriously.
    Has Ron stuffed a bunch of sick people in nursing homes like that ape Coumo did?

The media has praised the people whom are actually the most responsible for deaths. Ron was correct in scolding them.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

2. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Unfortunately, it was made into a political thing not by the left...but by the right who, whenever somebody disagreed with something Trump said about this virus, they were immediately characterized as having a perpetual hard-on for the guy or Trump Derangement Syndrome. They dumbed down any criticism of the man to, "Well, you hate Trump anyways so what do you know?" That turned this into a partisan issue and not just a common fucking sense issue.

You saw it here constantly.

Trump didn't actually refer to the virus as a democratic hoax.
    Trump didn't actually float the idea of injecting disinfectant into the body.
    Trump never touted a vastly unproven drug as being a "miracle cure" and the "biggest breakthrough in modern medicine".

If you pointed any of those things out here, you got shit on for being a Trump hater.

Guess what? He's handled this horribly. Abysmally. He's been a complete failure as a leader during this pandemic. Worse than possibly any other leader on the face of this planet.

The problem is the only people who are debating that fact or if this virus is even really a threat are Americans. Amongst themselves. Divided along political party lines. Nobody else on the planet is debating whether or not Trump did a good or horrible job. It's widely agreed upon that he's been an utter failure these last 4.5 months.
    Who gives a damn what other countries think? I sure as fuck don't.

The average human being is an idiot. Just because a large number of them agree on something, it doesn't make that the correct position. That's what collectivist do not understand.

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Has Ron stuffed a bunch of sick people in nursing homes like that ape Coumo did?

The media has praised the people whom are actually the most responsible for deaths. Ron was correct in scolding them.
    You’re right
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Who gives a damn what other countries think? I sure as fuck don't.

The average human being is an idiot. Just because a large number of them agree on something, it doesn't make that the correct position. That's what collectivist do not understand.
    Nobody said you had to give a damn.

You're American. You know better.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:34 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Different issue, but no he did not do that with the nursing homes. I agree about that.

But he was scolding the media about Fla becoming like NY. And with all the retirees in Florida, isn't it like one big nursing home?

Tat Tvam Asi
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Florida daily deaths, even with tons of older people, doesn't go to triple digits...last night was 45 deaths...

New York had 800 deaths a night at it's peak.
    Be birds singing in the rose gardens of immortality, lions roaring in the forests of knowledge and wisdom.

-Baha'i Scriptures

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    Florida daily deaths, even with tons of older people, doesn't go to triple digits...last night was 45 deaths...

Well they’ve only been surfing the last week, deaths will come 2-5 weeks from now. Also they broke the single day record for any state yesterday with 15k new cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Thankfully. The deaths usually lag behind, so hopefully it doesn't get close to NY levels. It seems many younger people are contracting the virus. Let's hope they don't pass it on to the more vulnerable.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Different issue, but no he did not do that with the nursing homes. I agree about that.

But he was scolding the media about Fla becoming like NY. And with all the retirees in Florida, isn't it like one big nursing home?

He followed the CDC “guidelines”.

I understand the thing to do right now is to complain about case numbers,.... But deaths are the ultimate thing here. We’ll see if FL gets anywhere near the deaths NY, NJ and Boston Mass has had.

It’s crazy that people are still flipping out over a virus with a a 99% to 99.5% survival rate though.

Amazing.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 07.12.20 at 08:03 PM.

Tat Tvam Asi
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Looks like older people are staying away from the young as much as possible and protecting themselves and being vigilant.

That'll keep the deaths down as we recover economically.
    Be birds singing in the rose gardens of immortality, lions roaring in the forests of knowledge and wisdom.

-Baha'i Scriptures

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

He followed the CDC “guidelines”.

I understand the thing to do right now is to complain about case numbers,.... But deaths are the ultimate thing here. We’ll see if FL gets anywhere near the deaths NY, NJ and Boston Mass has had.

It’s crazy that people are still flipping out over a virus with a a 99% to 99.5% survival rate though.

Amazing.
    Well it's still a mysterious illness, a novel virus. We don't know the long-term effects it has on the body. Yes, the overwhelming majority do not die. It's more crazy to me that people are still flipping out over wearing a mask in public.

13. Raldo Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Well it's still a mysterious illness, a novel virus. We don't know the long-term effects it has on the body. Yes, the overwhelming majority do not die. It's more crazy to me that people are still flipping out over wearing a mask in public.
    The weirdest thing (to me anyway) about Covid is that it has such a wide and different range of symptoms, severity and complications. You could have 10 people all in similar health, age and prior medical history get infected at the same location the same day and you'll have 10 different outcomes ranging from nothing at all to a couple weeks of fatigue to worst illness ever to months of complications and organ damage to hospitalization and a maybe death or two.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

08.08.20 @ 08:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    Well they’ve only been surfing the last week, deaths will come 2-5 weeks from now. Also they broke the single day record for any state yesterday with 15k new cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard to tell about the numbers you see in the media and even from most state's CDC's.

You have to look further into the numbers, to see WHEN those tests were done. Was there a data dump that caused the "single day record"?

I know in NC, the local news reported a couple weeks ago, "biggest # of positives for a Monday"....implying they were all recent.
    But they were not. Almost 2/3 of the 1200+ "new" positives were from the previous Wednesday and prior.

Florida reported 120+ "new" deaths the other day. But only 31 of those 120 occurred in July.

As of 2 days ago, New Jersey reported 460 deaths in July. But only 2 were actually IN July. The rest were from before.

Virginia at the same time had claimed 200 deaths, but only 17 of those were in July.

The virus is practically OVER in those places.

None of the media do this homework, though...they just go for the sensational headline.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

16. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

It will be very interesting in how this whole ordeal is viewed for years to come. Things like what could have been done better, etc.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Give it time. There isn't an immediate 14 day correlation between infection and death. It's more likely 30-ish days. The concern is the amount of deaths are increasing in the US; +130,000 was a startlingly depressing #...it's going to get bigger.

It won't be as immediately pronounced as New York; the world has learned a lot about this - and the earlier you get in for treatment the better your chances are. But - if at it's peak, New York had 13,000 cases a day - when Florida gets to 20-25,000 per day, the death toll from a number of people perspective will be just as many as New York, but the ratio will obviously go down.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

19. James in New York Liked This Post