2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 964
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,041
Page 964 of 984 FirstFirst ... 464864914954961962963964965966967974 ... LastLast
Results 14,446 to 14,460 of 14751
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 06:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    The one thing that gives me hope is that its very likely the virus was in the states November 2019 or latest December 2019. If its as easily spread as we are told (masks are a necessity to just slow it down, not stop it) the it at a minimum of 4 months of open access to the states. Possibly Thanksgiving travel, Christmas travel, New Years and very large sporting events which included people from all over the country. Every NCAA bowl game including the College Playoffs. Super Bowl and regular season NBA games.

For four months we had little to no precautions. If everything we have been told is true, its very likely it had an opportunity to spread from NY to CA and everywhere in between before the first outbreak in Washington happened. We all know of people before it hit who had a mystery cold which lingered for weeks. Likely COVID. It has to if its everything that we have been told.

So color me optimistic. Not denying anything but I do feel the majority of people in the United States has been exposed to this virus or have the vaccine. Could be obviously wrong and ok to admit it but if we have problem with it spreading with masks, shutting down schools, social distancing, putting up barriers, etc then for four months it didn't have that. Hard to believe it didn't spread around and simply was misdiagnosed
    My concern is the ongoing daily deaths though. Up here, we think it's a mess and we are way behind you guys vaccine wise. Yet yesterday you had 896 deaths to our 59. Why are the death numbers still so high?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

There was an interesting article in the LA Times yesterday about California. We had a surge last summer, but really things didn't get bad here until winter, when local hospitals made national news.

Now we're near the lowest in the country, and the question is, "Why?" One theory is that the California variant, which is about 20% more transmissible, was expected to get knocked out by the British variant, but that hasn't happened. So now they are theorizing that California is fairing better due to a few reasons. One, a really bad winter, which hit low income, high density, multi-generational living quarters very hard, so there's some natural immunity. Two, half of Californians has gotten at least one shot in their arm. Three, the California variant is still dominant, and that's good because it's less dangerous than the others.

However, my area has seen its daily cases double recently. Of course, that's from about 3.5 per 100,000 per day to 7, so it's still way, way, WAY less than it was a couple months ago, but still leaves me feeling uneasy, especially with the rest of the world.

With how bad it is in Michigan, you read about what is going on in India and it's just too tough to even think about. They are concerned about law and order collapsing, it is so bad in India right now.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

05.07.21 @ 11:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    My concern is the ongoing daily deaths though. Up here, we think it's a mess and we are way behind you guys vaccine wise. Yet yesterday you had 896 deaths to our 59. Why are the death numbers still so high?

Americans are some of the most unhealthy people on the planet.

For some reason, we can't discuss that.

Well, I know the reason, we're "body shaming" if we do.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Americans are some of the most unhealthy people on the planet.

For some reason, we can't discuss that.

Well, I know the reason, we're "body shaming" if we do.
    Canadians aren't exactly the picture of good health though. Do you think that's the main driver? Because at this point your daily deaths per capita should be way lower than ours just based on vaccination rollout alone.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 06:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser3 Months Registered

Canadians aren't exactly the picture of good health though. Do you think that's the main driver? Because at this point your daily deaths per capita should be way lower than ours just based on vaccination rollout alone.

delete
    Last edited by MD 5150; 04.23.21 at 11:02 AM.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 06:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

American's tend to not fall in line as readily as most other peoples,, for better or worse. History says that's been ultimately for the better, though never painless.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

We're also stupid.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 06:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

We're also stupid.
    That's a human quality, not exclusive to the US.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    American's tend to not fall in line as readily as most other peoples,, for better or worse. History says that's been ultimately for the better, though never painless.
    That's certainly part of the reason for the additional deaths

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I can't remember where I saw it but there was a stat that 80% of all hospitalizations with COVID in the states had obesity included. Wasn't a wacko site. Obviously trying to remember it. While you guys are not as slim as other countries, you are likely better off than us. Our medical is also pay to play where you have single payer. Despite Obama Care or whatever its called, a lot of people don't have medical insurance thus they are not getting checked out.

I stated this awhile back but even despite having mass vaccination sites in inner cities, our minorities are choosing not to get vaccinated. I have no numbers but I know about 10 people who got vaccinated at Cleveland State which is in the middle of a 95% African American area. Very easy access with busing to the east side of Cleveland which is one of the most segregated places in America. I may have seen one person of color. My friends and family may have seen one but it was largely all white people. Maybe minorities are getting the shot at higher numbers than whites. I don't know but the main reason to have this mass 5G warehouses was to allow minorities easy access

Us Americans however do love our personal freedom. Its a right to many of us. Some of us choose to use common sense and others likely would rather have somebody with COVID spit in their mouth daring them to give them COVID.

You add that all up and its why we have our deaths. All that said, I can't see how people are still getting sick. Everybody I know outside of a few family members who think nanobots are overrated are vaxxed. My church group is all vaxxed. Talking about people over 30. Well at least in my bubble. I do have to give it up to Trump and Biden because talking to my team members in other countries in EMEA we are so far ahead with vaccines. My relative in Sweden just got his first shot. So at least we are doing well with that

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I'd love to know the racial demographic on the deaths too. Up here we're basically begging non white people to get vaccinated. Lot more fear of the vaccines in minority groups it seems.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

05.07.21 @ 08:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

You add that all up and its why we have our deaths. All that said, I can't see how people are still getting sick. Everybody I know outside of a few family members who think nanobots are overrated are vaxxed. My church group is all vaxxed. Talking about people over 30. Well at least in my bubble. I do have to give it up to Trump and Biden because talking to my team members in other countries in EMEA we are so far ahead with vaccines. My relative in Sweden just got his first shot. So at least we are doing well with that
    Today, I was reading the info they give while youíre waiting for your 15 minute death watch and it reads like something you would see in an insurance statement. It may or may not; protect you from getting the virus, cause you to have a severe reaction, etc. Basically I either helped myself and my fellow Americans or just wasted my time and possibly my health given that it hasnít been approved. I guess everyone will be wearing a mask for the foreseeable future.

13. jimmy812, ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I can't remember where I saw it but there was a stat that 80% of all hospitalizations with COVID in the states had obesity included. Wasn't a wacko site. Obviously trying to remember it. While you guys are not as slim as other countries, you are likely better off than us. Our medical is also pay to play where you have single payer. Despite Obama Care or whatever its called, a lot of people don't have medical insurance thus they are not getting checked out.

I stated this awhile back but even despite having mass vaccination sites in inner cities, our minorities are choosing not to get vaccinated. I have no numbers but I know about 10 people who got vaccinated at Cleveland State which is in the middle of a 95% African American area. Very easy access with busing to the east side of Cleveland which is one of the most segregated places in America. I may have seen one person of color. My friends and family may have seen one but it was largely all white people. Maybe minorities are getting the shot at higher numbers than whites. I don't know but the main reason to have this mass 5G warehouses was to allow minorities easy access

Us Americans however do love our personal freedom. Its a right to many of us. Some of us choose to use common sense and others likely would rather have somebody with COVID spit in their mouth daring them to give them COVID.

The UK and US are way ahead of the rest of the west as far as vaccines. Our government is getting killed in the press because the vaccine comp is always vs the States, but vs the rest of the West we are doing well.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Wow, has anyone read about what is going on in India?

Mass incinerations of bodies in parking lots, people are staring to starve because they have mismanaged the world's largest grain storage surplus.

Over 300,000 infections per day, and they are estimating 20,000 deaths per day.

And this P1 variant in Brazil is no joke either.

And yes, I have no answer, and I'm a hypocrite, as I was at my son's baseball game today and not one single person (me included) was wearing a mask.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Wow, has anyone read about what is going on in India?

Mass incinerations of bodies in parking lots, people are staring to starve because they have mismanaged the world's largest grain storage surplus.

Over 300,000 infections per day, and they are estimating 20,000 deaths per day.

And this P1 variant in Brazil is no joke either.

And yes, I have no answer, and I'm a hypocrite, as I was at my son's baseball game today and not one single person (me included) was wearing a mask.
    My old boss just went back to India. Frightening stuff I'm told.