2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 632
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  1,185
Save
Page 632 of 743 FirstFirst ... 132532582622629630631632633634635642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 11145
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.10.20 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    What they were doing before the rioters came.

And btw, those businesses would win in court. As others already have.
    I am. Most people are.

Most reasonable people here with businesses just want to stay open, so they are doing what they need to do, to stay open.

I'm sure they have their opinions on what the protest and rioting has done, to set them back, but they still have their business, families, and livelihoods to think of.

It's easy to tell people to fight the good fight, it will all work out in the end, when it's not your business.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

2. Dave's Dreidel, cabomiro Liked This Post
    Banned!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

07.20.20 @ 05:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable15,000 VHL Life PointsPadawan PraiserWell-Liked

To be fair, we were doing good until magically the virus wasnít a threat and people were allowed to assemble in large numbers. Oh, and for an added bonus they set cities on fire as they destroyed everything in sight.
    So you blame the uptick on protestors but not on the reopening of states too soon?

Itís no coincidence what states are in the deepest shit and why.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    I am. Most people are.

Most reasonable people here with businesses just want to stay open, so they are doing what they need to do, to stay open.

I'm sure they have their opinions on what the protest and rioting has done, to set them back, but they still have their business, families, and livelihoods to think of.

It's easy to tell people to fight the good fight, it will all work out in the end, when it's not your business.
    Iím not telling them to, Iím saying that if they do fight, like some have and won, itís understandable.

Itís bullshit to place the blame on them and ignore thousands of people who disregarded the warnings and took to the streets.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by L.S.D. View Post
    So you blame the uptick on protestors but not on the reopening of states too soon?

It’s no coincidence what states are in the deepest shit and why.
    California raises it's hand.

7. bklynboy68, Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post
    #vhlinksmatter
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Hydroxychloroquine saved coronavirus patients' lives, Michigan study shows

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...nt/5368661002/

9. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

08.13.20 @ 06:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

As I've shown previously, this "surge" isn't much of a surge when you take all the evidence into account:

"US COVID testing has expanded from around 100k per day in March and April to over 600k now. If we had been testing 600k per day the entire time, and we use the previous positive test rate (which is an assumption), this is what it would look like. Todayís surge would be small."

https://twitter.com/wesbury/status/1279069632813465603

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:41 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    The current white house press secretary is already a future candidate too.
    Idk, I think her future is at fox in a few months, her dramatic scripted PC endings are a bit too much 'look at me'..I know it's red meat for the maga folks,but..
    Dealing with it.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
    As I've shown previously, this "surge" isn't much of a surge when you take all the evidence into account:

"US COVID testing has expanded from around 100k per day in March and April to over 600k now. If we had been testing 600k per day the entire time, and we use the previous positive test rate (which is an assumption), this is what it would look like. Today’s surge would be small."

https://twitter.com/wesbury/status/1279069632813465603

it's an assumption and an awful one. If you get the positive rate from random tests than you do people who are showing symptoms and went sent for a test then you are in a world of trouble

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.10.20 @ 03:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I’m not telling them to, I’m saying that if they do fight, like some have and won, it’s understandable.

It’s bullshit to place the blame on them and ignore thousands of people who disregarded the warnings and took to the streets.
    Who's placing the blame solely on them?

The liberal media?

If that's the case, are you surprised? That's SOP, no?

You seem to be bent on them placing the blame for upticks where it most certainly belongs. Along with opening things back up. All the experts that I recall said that, that was going to happen.

What does attributing 75% of the upticks to the protest and riots have to do with getting out of the upward trend we are in?

And for the record, Tulsa allowed the protest to take place, the mayor just said to 'play nice'. For the most part, folks did. Are you only pointing out liberal cities that allowed their cities to burn, or is this about all the cities allowing the protests to take place? There are some conservative cities in there as well, I'm sure your're aware of.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

14. rchop84 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia Act View Post
    Who's placing the blame solely on them?

The liberal media?

If that's the case, are you surprised? That's SOP, no?

You seem to be bent on them placing the blame for upticks where it most certainly belongs. Along with opening things back up. All the experts that I recall said that, that was going to happen.

What does attributing 75% of the upticks to the protest and riots have to do with getting out of the upward trend we are in?

And for the record, Tulsa allowed the protest to take place, the mayor just said to 'play nice'. For the most part, folks did. Are you only pointing out liberal cities that allowed their cities to burn, or is this about all the cities allowing the protests to take place? There are some conservative cities in there as well, I'm sure your're aware of.

Maybe you didn’t see them, but I have posted several times that the upticks were reported to come with the openings and more testing. Duh, that’s expected and there is nothing you can do about that. We had to open, and it was expected. The levels they’re at and the demographics of who is getting infected points to the protests and riots.

Sorry if that ruffles feathers, but it’s the truth.

The liberal media aren’t the only ones blaming the businesses opening. There are people on this board doing it.

I also pointed to the situation in my area, maybe you missed that too. If you’re going to be angry at the upward trend we’re in, then you should also be angry at what caused them. Specifically what caused them to be where they’re at.

And fyi, you seem bent on making every a matter of left vs right.
    †"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnít really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

16. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Maybe you didn’t see them, but I have posted several times that the upticks were reported to come with the openings and more testing. Duh, that’s expected and there is nothing you can do about that. We had to open, and it was expected. The levels they’re at and the demographics of who is getting infected points to the protests and riots.

Sorry if that ruffles feathers, but it’s the truth.

The liberal media aren’t the only ones blaming the businesses opening. There are people on this board doing it.

I also pointed to the situation in my area, maybe you missed that too. If you’re going to be angry at the upward trend we’re in, then you should also be angry at what caused them. Specifically what caused them to be where they’re at.

And fyi, you seem bent on making every a matter of left vs right.
    Cabo x 25
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

18. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    Don’t be afraid to add a comment.

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

150+ people in Michigan who tested positive can all be traced back to one bar. There was the story of the place in Florida where 16 friends and 7 employees all tested positive. There was a risk in opening without precautions. Just as there was a risk in these mass protests. As I've said, many protesters wore masks, so perhaps that helped numbers from spiking even higher.
    But we can point to BOTH as reasons why these spikes are happening. It should be pointed out that it's not wise to have political gatherings now either. There's a LOT of blame to go around.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Great example right here.

One of two planned rallies underway in Marion

A group of motorcyclists from around the regions who call themselves 'American Patriots' have gathered in downtown Marion, Virginia

It's one of two planned rallies in the town. A Black Lives Matter group rally is expected to begin at 4 p.m. at the farmers market.

The 'American Patriots' claim they are not racists and are only there to protect the town. They have gathered at the Smyth County Confederate Monument outside the courthouse.

"We are here to make sure nothing happens in our city, in our town," said Andy Pakacki. "It ain't going to happen here like all up North. We just ain't going to allow it to happen."

https://fox17.com/news/local/one-of-...rway-in-marion

22. Wruff_ajax Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 02:15 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Been to Marion VA many times 35 yrs back .My x wifes family are from there. They dont like black folks. Could get ugly. Good Trout fishing down there.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

24. bklynboy68 Liked This Post