2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 904
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,699
Page 904 of 946 FirstFirst ... 404804854894901902903904905906907914 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 14183
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Pfizer #2 tomorrow. We had a family gathering last Friday night with 4 vaccinated households, except for kids. Was kind of nice to do again.
    Did you have any side effects from the first Pfizer shot?

My wife just got her second Moderna shot ó sore arm, slight fever and headache. All in All pretty good.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Actually, I doubt it as my comment made the guy go ballistic. He struck me as someone who was probably looking for attention if not a confrontation which of course he got. After I left, I was second-guessing myself and regretted opening my piehole. On the other hand, I'm the kind of guy that has a really hard time looking the other way when someone is patently being a giga-douche even if it's not directly my business.
    Good for you, T.B. There are too many of these idiots with their cries of liberty-infringement over a fucking mask.

It takes a lot for me to speak out like that, unless directly affecting me or my family. I'd just rather not engage with anyone, if it isn't my business.
    But he threw his helmet at you?! There's a good chance I would have lost my cool at that point. Good on you for realizing it wasn't worth it. Fuck that guy.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post

My wife just got her second Moderna shot — sore arm, slight fever and headache. All in All pretty good.
    That's good. Did your wife take Tylenol? I heard you should take Tylenol if any of those side effects occur. No Advil/ibuprofen.

I've still been hearing more of those side effects with the Moderna, specifically the 2nd shot. Fewer with Pfizer. But, again, very tiny sample size.

Both my parents received their 2nd shots last week. Mom had Moderna, Dad had Pfizer. Mom had very slight fever and sore arm and Dad was fine. Sis had Moderna and stayed home from work the following day (fever, chills, fatigue). But she said those effects abruptly stopped about 12 hours after they started--like a flipping a switch.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Actually, I doubt it as my comment made the guy go ballistic. He struck me as someone who was probably looking for attention if not a confrontation which of course he got. After I left, I was second-guessing myself and regretted opening my piehole. On the other hand, I'm the kind of guy that has a really hard time looking the other way when someone is patently being a giga-douche even if it's not directly my business.
    Maybe, but most people would just let the guy be an asshole and let the clerk bare the brunt of the attack. Even though the guy went ballistic, the clerk probably appreciated knowing that everyone else saw what a giant douche the guy was. So often people in customer service get trampled on while bystanders just watch it take place. Most of them don't say anything because they don't want what happened to you to happen to them.

Putting myself in that situation as the clerk, I think I would appreciate it. Even though you think you're escalating the situation, guys like that have gotten this far into the pandemic by taking advantage of the public's passive nature when it comes to this stuff. Maybe if we had fewer douche nozzles like this guy we wouldn't still be needing to wear the damn things in the first place.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    That's good. Did your wife take Tylenol? I heard you should take Tylenol if any of those side effects occur. No Advil/ibuprofen.

I've still been hearing more of those side effects with the Moderna, specifically the 2nd shot. Fewer with Pfizer. But, again, very tiny sample size.

Both my parents received their 2nd shots last week. Mom had Moderna, Dad had Pfizer. Mom had very slight fever and sore arm and Dad was fine. Sis had Moderna and stayed home from work the following day (fever, chills, fatigue). But she said those effects abruptly stopped about 12 hours after they started--like a flipping a switch.
    She took ibuprofen but I pretty sure she didnít take anything a few days before receiving both shots. Her side effects were similar to your mothers and lasted about a dayóif that long.

Iíve heard the opposite regarding regarding the side effects with the Pfizer vaccine. Doesnít surprise me though considering the world of misinformation that we live in. Iím glad to her that your father didnít have any reaction. Iím curious to see if my mother-in-law has any issues with her 2nd Pfizer shot. Hopefully itíll be uneventful.

6. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post

My wife just got her second Moderna shot ó sore arm, slight fever and headache. All in All pretty good.

I had a sore arm that night. Stiff is probably a better description, and only if I moved it. I was a bit fatigued, took a nap that afternoon and the next.

We shall see with shot 2, as this is the one that is supposed to make your immune system go nuts.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

I had a sore arm that night. Stiff is probably a better description, and only if I moved it. I was a bit fatigued, took a nap that afternoon and the next.

We shall see with shot 2, as this is the one that is supposed to make your immune system go nuts.
    Everything is anecdotal. I actually felt worse after the 1st Pfizer shot than the 2nd. I do know that the norm is the 2nd is stronger for most people. YMMV, truly.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Good-luck! At least youíll be done.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    Everything is anecdotal. I actually felt worse after the 1st Pfizer shot than the 2nd. I do know that the norm is the 2nd is stronger for most people. YMMV, truly.
    Totally. I just meant that, from what I understand, the point of a booster is that your immune system goes nuts when introduced to hit a second time within a certain time frame, and that 70% report side effects after shot 2 versus 1.

But yeah, as far as tales we hear, it's certainly anecdotal.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    Exactly. My in-laws just received their 1st shots. My father-in-law was fine, but my mother-in-law had the fever and chills, things we've typically heard about the 2nd shot. Hopefully her next one is a mild reaction. They both had Moderna.

But my mother-in-law had Covid back in early January. I thought I read somewhere that you're supposed to wait 90 days after having the virus before getting the shot(s). Has anyone else heard this? I figure that information would've been covered in the registration process.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Today @ 01:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingPic Poster

My dad passed early this morning after his long battle with pneumonia then covid.

The whole day has been dreamlike and surreal making all the arrangements, etc.

Tired.

On the bright side...

Hoping right now he's in complete astonishment of the divine journey he is on.
    Be birds singing in the rose gardens of immortality, lions roaring in the forests of knowledge and wisdom.

-Baha'i Scriptures

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    My dad passed early this morning after his long battle with pneumonia then covid.

Tired.

On the bright side...

So sorry to hear that James. I lost my dad almost 9 years ago this month. I know itís hard bro. Let me know if you wanna talk. Here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. James in New York Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

Today @ 01:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingPic Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    So sorry to hear that James. I lost my dad almost 9 years ago this month. I know it’s hard bro. Let me know if you wanna talk. Here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That means a lot, Fudd. Thank you, I'm here for you, too, anytime.
    Be birds singing in the rose gardens of immortality, lions roaring in the forests of knowledge and wisdom.

-Baha'i Scriptures

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post

Tired.

On the bright side...

James, my sincerest condolences to you and your family.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

17. James in New York Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Oh James, I am so sorry. I believe that we live on. I believe that we had a "life" or some kind of existence before we were here and we will have another existence after our bodies can no longer carry our souls.

I know it is just a sitcom, ( there is a lot of talk of philosophy in it) but I have gotten a bit of solace from this bit from The Good Place

"Picture a wave."