2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 721
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  1,433
Page 721 of 779 FirstFirst ... 221621671711718719720721722723724731771 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,815 of 11680
    Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingWell-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    True. And Oregon is not Thunderdome like they'd like you to believe.
    Difference is one is a outbreak of a virus. The other is an outbreak of idiots who should have been dealt with months ago. Once you let people riot and get away with it they see that you are not going to do anything about their actions and re enforce their belief they can do anything without consequences. Riots are ignorant and should not be tolerated.

2. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Not at all what I was implying
    Well then you fooled me.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

09.18.20 @ 01:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Is that the only difference? Are class sizes the same for instance?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mike, the class sizes vary even within the Catholic schools but the Archdiocese, which covers the entire metro-area are all opening. So surely some public school classes are larger than a typical Catholic class and vice versa.

To give you an idea how political this mess is around here, Bucks County, the northern suburb is planning on starting in-class instruction this fall and this is the scene. If you look at the bolded sentence below, why does the Health Director say that? and why is the Union challenging his wisdom? We say listen to the experts as long as they are our experts (and that goes for both sides).

Teachers union calls on Bucks County to tighten school reopening guidelines

Pennsylvania’s largest teachers union is calling on the Bucks County Health Department to tighten its school reopening guidelines, saying three feet of social distance in classrooms is not enough to protect against the spread of the coronavirus.

While some area school districts are planning to begin the school year virtually, others have proposed bringing students back to classrooms. The Central Bucks School District has asked parents to select from several options — including in-person learning that would space students a minimum of three feet apart, rather than six.

The county’s guidance to schools “is at odds with virtually every generally understood health guidance. Six feet of social distance is now the norm in Pennsylvania,” Rich Askey, president of the Pennsylvania State Education Association, said in a letter to county officials Thursday.

“To recommend anything less in school buildings will put students, teachers, support professionals, and their families at unnecessary risk of contracting COVID-19 and increase the likelihood that they will spread the virus to others.”

County officials said the union was mischaracterizing their guidelines, saying they have set three feet as a minimum if six feet isn’t achievable — rather than as a standard to aim for.

“If 6 feet between kids is guaranteed through a hybrid model or otherwise, do we have PSEA’s unwavering commitment to returning to teach in person on day 1?” Dr. David Damsker, the county’s health director, said in an email Thursday in response to the union’s letter.

In recommending schools provide at least three feet of social distance, Bucks’s health department has pointed to World Health Organization guidelines. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have called for schools to aim to space students at least six feet apart — a recommendation that has been adopted by Pennsylvania health and education officials.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by phast View Post
    Difference is one is a outbreak of a virus. The other is an outbreak of idiots who should have been dealt with months ago. Once you let people riot and get away with it they see that you are not going to do anything about their actions and re enforce their belief they can do anything without consequences. Riots are ignorant and should not be tolerated.
    Not denying anything about those idiots who are rioting. But there is plenty of idiocy and irresponsibility from both crowds. Some of that virus outbreak can be blamed on idiots too.

6. Raldo Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:35 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Mike, the class sizes vary even within the Catholic schools but the Archdiocese, which covers the entire metro-area are all opening. So surely some public school classes are larger than a typical Catholic class and vice versa.

To give you an idea how political this mess is around here, Bucks County, the northern suburb is planning on starting in-class instruction this fall and this is the scene. If you look at the bolded sentence below, why does the Health Director say that? and why is the Union challenging his wisdom? We say listen to the experts as long as they are our experts (and that goes for both sides).

Teachers union calls on Bucks County to tighten school reopening guidelines

Pennsylvania’s largest teachers union is calling on the Bucks County Health Department to tighten its school reopening guidelines, saying three feet of social distance in classrooms is not enough to protect against the spread of the coronavirus.

While some area school districts are planning to begin the school year virtually, others have proposed bringing students back to classrooms. The Central Bucks School District has asked parents to select from several options — including in-person learning that would space students a minimum of three feet apart, rather than six.

The county’s guidance to schools “is at odds with virtually every generally understood health guidance. Six feet of social distance is now the norm in Pennsylvania,” Rich Askey, president of the Pennsylvania State Education Association, said in a letter to county officials Thursday.

“To recommend anything less in school buildings will put students, teachers, support professionals, and their families at unnecessary risk of contracting COVID-19 and increase the likelihood that they will spread the virus to others.”

County officials said the union was mischaracterizing their guidelines, saying they have set three feet as a minimum if six feet isn’t achievable — rather than as a standard to aim for.

“If 6 feet between kids is guaranteed through a hybrid model or otherwise, do we have PSEA’s unwavering commitment to returning to teach in person on day 1?” Dr. David Damsker, the county’s health director, said in an email Thursday in response to the union’s letter.

In recommending schools provide at least three feet of social distance, Bucks’s health department has pointed to World Health Organization guidelines. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have called for schools to aim to space students at least six feet apart — a recommendation that has been adopted by Pennsylvania health and education officials.
    Interestingly enough, we are having the exact same 3 feet vs 6 feet debate up here. Teachers (and parents) would prefer to space out the kids. But this puts the government in an impossible spot because the choices become a hybrid (which many working parents don't want) and hiring more staff and finding space (which is expensive). At the end of the day this is a financial call, which i understand but it's politically toxic.

I thought the province had it correct initially with hybrid in September and then boards in areas with low cases move to full school (with masks, etc) on October 1st. It was reasonable. So of course they changed due to political pressure.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Michelle Obama: Coronavirus an Opportunity to Change ‘How Wealth Is Distributed'

Rahm Emanuel, President Obama’s chief of staff said in November 2009, “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. It provides the opportunity to do things that were not possible to do before.”
    Fucking leftists.

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I'm surprised no one has mentioned LA mayor Garcetti threatening to shut power and water off to home's who host "house parties" like some seen in Beverly Hills the past few weeks.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/los-ang...es-1203005621/

"(Garcetti) called recent gatherings of mostly young people in the Hollywood Hills and Calabasas “flagrant violations of health orders.”

“While we have already closed all bars and nightclubs, these large house parties have essentially become nightclubs,” said the mayor. He then indicated he would hold them to similar scrutiny. “The same thing we would do with businesses,” said Garcetti.

If the LAPD responds to repeated complaints and verifies that there have been violations at a home, the city will within 48 hours have the DWP shut off service at that home. Garcetti also indicated that county health inspectors and other city representatives would be on the lookout for violations."

Contrast this attitude with Garcetti encouraging protests in June including "taking a knee" outside of police headquarters at one of the many demonstrations that occurred in the Los Angeles area. He also supported the Portland rioters.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

How are your Covid #'s. You didn't mention that part. That's what is driving my position.
    Sorry, missed this. We are at 100 new cases per 100,000 in the last 14-day (That's the metric PA uses, not sure if that is common or not). We peaked at over 400 new cases per 100,000 back in the spring.

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Sorry, missed this. We are at 100 new cases per 100,000 in the last 14-day (That's the metric PA uses, not sure if that is common or not). We peaked at over 400 new cases per 100,000 back in the spring.
    Is that just Philly or the state of PA? I quickly just saw on Johns Hopkins statistics (a rolling 7 day average) has PA holding at about 5% positive cases over the past month or so. Typically the cities are a bit higher.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Is that just Philly or the state of PA? I quickly just saw on Johns Hopkins statistics (a rolling 7 day average) has PA holding at about 5% positive cases over the past month or so. Typically the cities are a bit higher.
    That's just the City, I imagine the state average is half that.

13. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned LA mayor Garcetti threatening to shut power and water off to home's who host "house parties" like some seen in Beverly Hills the past few weeks.

"(Garcetti) called recent gatherings of mostly young people in the Hollywood Hills and Calabasas “flagrant violations of health orders.”

“While we have already closed all bars and nightclubs, these large house parties have essentially become nightclubs,” said the mayor. He then indicated he would hold them to similar scrutiny. “The same thing we would do with businesses,” said Garcetti.

If the LAPD responds to repeated complaints and verifies that there have been violations at a home, the city will within 48 hours have the DWP shut off service at that home. Garcetti also indicated that county health inspectors and other city representatives would be on the lookout for violations."

Contrast this attitude with Garcetti encouraging protests in June including "taking a knee" outside of police headquarters at one of the many demonstrations that occurred in the Los Angeles area. He also supported the Portland rioters.
    And there's the problem. The blatant hypocrisy, with regards to the idiot rioters and mass protests.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post

There was a home owner up here that threw a party with 200 people. They were charged and threatened with a $100,000 fine.

Everybody was calling for stricter punishment and arrests to be made.

Different strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Well this isn't a good look. Let me rephrase, when they test a person for Covid and they test positive do they administer the 2nd test like they did DeWine? If so, then no story. If not, then our data may be a continuation of GIGO. If we have X% of false positives, then the actual death rate is higher than what we see for positive tests. For example, if 10% of our tests are false positives then this actually lowers the infected user total and when applying the death rate, it will actually be higher. Also distorts the infection rate that we use for positive tests. If 10% lets say are false positive, then it will lower the infection rate which can also point a rosier picture

Just curious how they administer a 2nd test. Personally I gave blood once and was told that they couldn't accept it because I tested positive for HIV. A second test which was more sensitive said I was negative. So obviously had they not done that, my life would have been significantly different. Therefore I am definitely for being thorough with testing

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mike-de...fter-positive/

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    To bad some folks didn't do the necessary things to keep the virus from spreading so much.
    Be safe. Be mindful of others.
    Yep, those protesters screwed us all.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    There was a home owner up here that threw a party with 200 people. They were charged and threatened with a $100,000 fine.

Everybody was calling for stricter punishment and arrests to be made.

Different strokes.

Well here in the free world we have freedom. Even though someone will inevitably fuck things up, we still have the choice.

Wal-mart and grocery stores are ok but shit, fuck fire if someone has a party.

Double standard.