2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 1195
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  5,204
Page 1195 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 19569510951145118511921193119411951196119711981205 ... LastLast
Results 17,911 to 17,925 of 18436
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 07:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

I ran into a lady at the semi empty shelves in Walmart grocery shaking her head and we started talking. She said her son who lives in San Fran works with the port says they have ships backed up and no one to unload them. Lots of skilled labor has also retired the last year opting to hit the 401k instead of breathing in covid fumes.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 06:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I know 47 knows of this place but in Cleveland we have an ice cream franchise called Mitchells. Probably the best ice cream in town and since a good friend of mine is the cousin of the owner, I can say that :-) Anyway they are offering 16 dollars to scoop ice cream in Cleveland. Not LA but an area where the cost of living is pretty cheap

Entry level job that doesn't require even a high school eduction and you are having to offer 16 dollars an hour. Used to offer 8 for this 2 years ago. Something isn't right if scooping ice cream in Cleveland means you have to offer 16 an hour.
    I'll never be mad about people who are willing to work making more money. Good for those people.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Big thing around here that I've been hearing about is a school-bus driver shortage. We experienced it a little last year and so far this year the school buses have been frequently late. The other day on a local radio station they had a guy talking about the issue and promoting the jobs available. He said this was an issue before the pandemic. But, apparently they're anticipating 200+ drivers quitting due to not wanting to be vaccinated. Tomorrow is the deadline for state employees and education workers to be vaxxed or test weekly for Covid. They're throwing a lot of money at this, of course. Didn't know you could make between $18-25 driving a bus part time. Hopefully that entices some people to do so.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 06:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

The bus driver gig is a bit of a calling and not for everyone. I knew someone who did it for about 20 years but she drove a bus for handicapped kids and had an aide. When she went to regular bus driving, she knew she wasn't going to be doing it for much longer

Around here they are advertising $20 an hour and free CDL training. If you have a CDL there are lots of opportunities out there that don't involve dealing with asshole kids.

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Today @ 04:19 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I ran into a lady at the semi empty shelves in Walmart grocery shaking her head and we started talking. She said her son who lives in San Fran works with the port says they have ships backed up and no one to unload them. Lots of skilled labor has also retired the last year opting to hit the 401k instead of breathing in covid fumes.
    Ya - imports are TOUGH right now. What used to be a 6-8 week across the pond trip is 8-10 weeks w/ a 4-5 mile off the shore back up to unload, which is taking about a week longer. Then add onto it rail and trucking have huge backlog issues. This is creating scarcity and driving up prices / reducing the amount of discount manufacturers are willing to offer. A friend of mine used to be a president of a few home improvement companies, and still remains good friends w/ top brass at Canadian Tire / Home Depot - they're both having massive issues getting inventory and are second guessing their flyer strategy. Hopefully this carries on for no more than 9 months.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

10.13.21 @ 07:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I'm sure this is typical for most large cities.

Only a third of Philly city employees and half of Pa. state health workers have reported being vaccinated

Only 31% of Philadelphia city employees have provided proof of vaccination as of this week, according to the city, though all were told to be immunized against the coronavirus by Sept. 1 or begin double-masking at work.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 02:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

I have to provide proof of vaccination by this Friday.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

NY Governor Hochul proclaims, "The vaccine comes from God" and asks those present in the megachurch congregation, "I need you to be my apostles."

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...29323870121989

I have filed this under W T F . .
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Banned!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

10.19.21 @ 03:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    NY Governor Hochul proclaims, "The vaccine comes from God" and asks those present in the megachurch congregation, "I need you to be my apostles."

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...29323870121989

I have filed this under W T F . .
    And she was able to come back full circle to the trusty "systemic racism" mantra.

Race baiting, fear mongering, public shaming...divide and conquer tactics. They always work well against the fearful and weak willed, of which there are many sadly.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 06:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

The vaccine comes from science much like every other mandated vaccine (everybody has received) in history.

If that's not enough for some people in this instance, saying it's from God isn't going to work either.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 02:14 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    The vaccine comes from science much like every other mandated vaccine (everybody has received) in history.

If that's not enough for some people in this instance, saying it's from God isn't going to work either.
    I always like to tell people that they are waiting for God to heal them, or protect them from COVID, "he gave you a brain, use it. The scientists used theirs to come up with a vaccine, you can use yours a little bit and just fucking take it."
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

12. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 07:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I don't have a problem with the vaccine, but probably not in the best interests of the power base to equate that spreading the vaccine is akin to spreading the gospel. Especailly if you are having a hard time convincing evengelicals to take said vaccine. They likly won't be too receptive of somebody doing this.

Sorry but taking the vaccine or encouraging it isn't like being an apostle. Being an aposlte was a dangerous job. Putting everything at risk Being persecuted. Dying with your head lopped off. . Following government mandates isn't taking a risk. People are not losing their job for taking a vaccine. I know for those who don't have faith, or are more aligned with traditional sects of Christianity won't understand this.

Her message will be as effective as asking a woman in a bar if she wants to go halves on a bastard. I mean the only thing worse would be to have Kamala go and stump for it

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Eh, if it gets more people to take the vaccine, by all means...tell 'em whatever.

There have also been evangelicals speaking against the vaccines to their flocks. I don't believe that's right either.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 06:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Ya - imports are TOUGH right now. What used to be a 6-8 week across the pond trip is 8-10 weeks w/ a 4-5 mile off the shore back up to unload, which is taking about a week longer. Then add onto it rail and trucking have huge backlog issues. This is creating scarcity and driving up prices / reducing the amount of discount manufacturers are willing to offer. A friend of mine used to be a president of a few home improvement companies, and still remains good friends w/ top brass at Canadian Tire / Home Depot - they're both having massive issues getting inventory and are second guessing their flyer strategy. Hopefully this carries on for no more than 9 months.
    Costco has just leased its own cargo ships for importing the goods sold in their stores

from Forbes

Costco beat Wall Street expectations, with third quarter revenue up 17% and comparable store sales up 9.4% when it reported third quarter results, yesterday. Demand for home furnishings, sporting goods and jewelry was particularly strong, they reported.

But the good news seemed to be overshadowed by the announcement that they would begin limiting purchases on items like toilet paper, cleaning supplies and bottled water. While this seems like déjà vu, the reasons are different than during the peak of the COVID outbreak.

Old Issue, New Cause

“A year ago there was a shortage of merchandise,” Costco Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti said. “Now they’ve got plenty of merchandise but there’s two- or three-week delays on getting it delivered because there’s a limit on short-term changes to trucking and delivery needs of the suppliers, so it really is all over the board.”

We know they’re not alone. Not only are retailers dealing with daunting supply chain issues, but it seems like many links in the chain have gone missing, entirely. There appears to be nearly unprecedented demand for goods, at a time when supply is being impacted by every imaginable hiccup. The COVID-19 hangover has yielded shortages in truckers, ships, shipping containers, dock workers, and laborers in general.

Galanti told analysts "Inflationary factors abound. Higher labor costs, higher freight costs, higher transportation demand, and port delays, increased demand in certain product categories, various shortages of everything from computer chips to oils and chemicals, and higher commodities prices.” He noted that furniture delays have doubled wait times for some products and circumstances are similar for toys, as well as electronics like computers, tablets, and video games.

Ship Happens, or Not

Costco’s challenges are made evident by southern California’s biggest traffic jam, which is not on their notoriously crowded freeways. The California ports have broken monthly cargo records since last summer. According to the Marine Exchange of Southern California, as of this Wednesday, 62 cargo ships were waiting offshore to unload their cargo. The Long Beach port expects to break a 110-year record, by processing more than 9 million containers this year. And the glut doesn’t stop there.

During the FedEx earnings call on Tuesday, President and COO Raj Subramaniam said FedEx is having to reroute over 600,000 packages a day in its Ground network due to staffing shortages. He further stated that at the Portland OR FedEx Ground’s hub, they are short about 35% of the workers needed to process the goods. As a result, they are being forced to divert about 25% of the goods because they "simply cannot be processed efficiently to meet our service standards."

Costco Ordering Early

Costco, like many other retailers that are readying for the holidays have placed orders earlier than usual, but they are being proactive for the coming year, as well. Echoing a decision that Walmart announced last month, Costco has chartered three of their own ocean vessels for next year. The ships have the capacity of between 800 and 1,000 containers, to transport goods between Asia, the United States and Canada. As far as the coming holiday season "We're ordering as much as we can and getting it in earlier," Galanti said.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 05:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Costco has sample again.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"