2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 944
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,109
Page 944 of 992 FirstFirst ... 444844894934941942943944945946947954 ... LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 14866
  1. #14146
    Soclal Media Manager
    Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    50
    Location
    P.F. Chang, South Korea
    Posts
    55,781
    Posts Per Day
    9.35
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1006
    Likes (Received)
    4327
    Thanks (Given)
    5473
    Thanks (Received)
    26012

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    I think we all need to get used to the fact that COVID is going to be like a flu shot from here on out (or part of the flu shot), in that we will be getting a shot for it every year as the variants come up.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

  2. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
  3. #14147
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    20,579
    Posts Per Day
    3.14
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    399
    Likes (Received)
    1003
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Personally, this was a year that my daughter and son can never get back. We got early interventions for him and he is doing great academically. He just turned four and he is not only reading, but even learning Spanish. However, what he missed the last year is what he needs most, socialization, learning to be with other kids. He has made huge strides, but the brain is only mush for so long, and he missed a year of being with other kids. No matter what, that will affect his ultimate outcome in a negative way.

    I think this is the first time saying this on here, but it also looks like our 2-yr old daughter is autistic. The odds go up with kid 2 if kid 1 has it, and all signs point to, if she isn't autistic, some sort of cognitive disability. She is getting interventions, but they are not in person and, thus, not as effective as they were for my son. We are fully vaccinated and her therapist is vaccinated and I keep bothering the company to get us back to in home therapy, because the interventions before the age of 3 are so important.

    As a teacher, mostly working with low income kids who have not been successful at school, it has helped some, but mostly hurt kids.

    Working with the kids I do and having special needs children of my own, the average and above kids are going to be fine. It's the below average and special needs kids who will likely suffer longterm consequences when, we will likely learn in hindsight, schools could have been open way more than they were, especially in California.

  4. jimmy812, T.B., BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
  5. #14148
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,204
    Posts Per Day
    8.90
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    804
    Likes (Received)
    2392
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Just to piss off Chris:

    I just got vaccinated!!

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

  6. #14149
    Light Up The Sky
    MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    32
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    21,020
    Posts Per Day
    3.40
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1978
    Likes (Received)
    1422
    Thanks (Given)
    1201
    Thanks (Received)
    1150

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Just to piss off Chris:

    I just got vaccinated!!

    Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    My Mom got vaccinated today as well. Thatís good news, Mike.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  7. BlindtotheWorld, track 5 Liked This Post
  8. #14150
    Hot For Teacher
    jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    50
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    12,106
    Posts Per Day
    1.96
    Last Online

    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1897
    Likes (Received)
    1916
    Thanks (Given)
    1305
    Thanks (Received)
    657

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Personally, this was a year that my daughter and son can never get back. We got early interventions for him and he is doing great academically. He just turned four and he is not only reading, but even learning Spanish. However, what he missed the last year is what he needs most, socialization, learning to be with other kids. He has made huge strides, but the brain is only mush for so long, and he missed a year of being with other kids. No matter what, that will affect his ultimate outcome in a negative way.

    I think this is the first time saying this on here, but it also looks like our 2-yr old daughter is autistic. The odds go up with kid 2 if kid 1 has it, and all signs point to, if she isn't autistic, some sort of cognitive disability. She is getting interventions, but they are not in person and, thus, not as effective as they were for my son. We are fully vaccinated and her therapist is vaccinated and I keep bothering the company to get us back to in home therapy, because the interventions before the age of 3 are so important.

    As a teacher, mostly working with low income kids who have not been successful at school, it has helped some, but mostly hurt kids.

    Working with the kids I do and having special needs children of my own, the average and above kids are going to be fine. It's the below average and special needs kids who will likely suffer longterm consequences when, we will likely learn in hindsight, schools could have been open way more than they were, especially in California.
    Sorry to hear about that, LM. Yes, this is especially tough on the younger kids. You guys have the lowest positivity rate right now, aren't there dates in place for a wider opening? I hope everything works out for the kids, especially yours where that human interaction is critically important.

    My daughter is in 5th grade and fortunately has been in school. I'd certainly be concerned if she was much younger and not getting that human interaction.

  9. #14151
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    20,579
    Posts Per Day
    3.14
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    399
    Likes (Received)
    1003
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Sorry to hear about that, LM. Yes, this is especially tough on the younger kids. You guys have the lowest positivity rate right now, aren't there dates in place for a wider opening? I hope everything works out for the kids, especially yours where that human interaction is critically important.

    My daughter is in 5th grade and fortunately has been in school. I'd certainly be concerned if she was much younger and not getting that human interaction.
    Thanks. I have really gained new perspective with the students I work with. My attitude now is that our children came to us because we have the means and the wherewithal to recognize problems and provide them with what they need. Because I see so many left behind whose parents don't care.

    California is doing okay, but we have seen a small, local uptick. Based upon all I have been able to read about, deaths and hospitalizations are okay, so this is very likely a more contagious version going after the only kindling left, younger, unvaccinated people, and I do not foresee a "surge."

    My son goes back to preschool full time April 26th. But he started preschool last January and by March was on Zoom. He has been on Zoom since then, going back the end of last month for two, shorter days a week. He basically missed a year of the thing he needs most at an age of malleable brain he simply cannot get big. That said, school was blown away by his progress and think he can be mainstreamed by Kindergarten, but he is still significantly behind in social and play skills.

    Our daughter, I am more worried for her outcome. If we cannot get in home therapy soon, she will not get the same quality interventions he did and, thus, her outcome worsens because of how critical it is before age 3. It is hard not to get upset about it every time I think of it.

  10. jimmy812 Liked This Post
  11. #14152
    Hot For Teacher
    bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    37
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    10,903
    Posts Per Day
    1.64
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:02 AM
    Likes (Given)
    272
    Likes (Received)
    450
    Thanks (Given)
    1184
    Thanks (Received)
    3391

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Ugh I'm sorry to read that LM. Prayers to you and your family that it resolves itself in the best way possible.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  12. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
  13. #14153
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    77,802
    Posts Per Day
    9.82
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    389
    Likes (Received)
    2736
    Thanks (Given)
    2125
    Thanks (Received)
    14173

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading

    Iíve said the biggest damage being done is to our children far more than to us. Sorry to hear that about your family LM but you have a good head on your shoulders, you guys will figure it out. Iím sad that my daughter has basically lost two years of high school and any social interaction because of whatís going on. She has not gone back to school yet and she wonít this year. Hopefully In August my wife and I will feel comfortable with everything and she will go back for her junior year and at least get a couple years of a real high school experience. Her grades are great but thatís not something I was really worried about, itís the socialization part that even well-adjusted teenagers need.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

    Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!



  14. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
  15. #14154
    Baluchitherium
    CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    49
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    26,518
    Posts Per Day
    7.54
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1332
    Likes (Received)
    2292
    Thanks (Given)
    5090
    Thanks (Received)
    10270


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Iíve said the biggest damage being done is to our children far more than to us. Sorry to hear that about your family LM but you have a good head on your shoulders, you guys will figure it out. Iím sad that my daughter has basically lost two years of high school and any social interaction because of whatís going on. She has not gone back to school yet and she wonít this year. Hopefully In August my wife and I will feel comfortable with everything and she will go back for her junior year and at least get a couple years of a real high school experience. Her grades are great but thatís not something I was really worried about, itís the socialization part that even well-adjusted teenagers need.
    Damn. Your daughter is a high schooler already?

  16. #14155
    Super Duper Frontman
    track 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.00
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    9,002
    Posts Per Day
    1.16
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    1160
    Likes (Received)
    343
    Thanks (Given)
    3612
    Thanks (Received)
    1276

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Thanks. I have really gained new perspective with the students I work with. My attitude now is that our children came to us because we have the means and the wherewithal to recognize problems and provide them with what they need. Because I see so many left behind whose parents don't care.

    California is doing okay, but we have seen a small, local uptick. Based upon all I have been able to read about, deaths and hospitalizations are okay, so this is very likely a more contagious version going after the only kindling left, younger, unvaccinated people, and I do not foresee a "surge."

    My son goes back to preschool full time April 26th. But he started preschool last January and by March was on Zoom. He has been on Zoom since then, going back the end of last month for two, shorter days a week. He basically missed a year of the thing he needs most at an age of malleable brain he simply cannot get big. That said, school was blown away by his progress and think he can be mainstreamed by Kindergarten, but he is still significantly behind in social and play skills.

    Our daughter, I am more worried for her outcome. If we cannot get in home therapy soon, she will not get the same quality interventions he did and, thus, her outcome worsens because of how critical it is before age 3. It is hard not to get upset about it every time I think of it.
    Man..Sorry to read this. You roger up your family, dude. I'm serious. We battle on subjects and shit. Kids first bro. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

    You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

    "You stupid fuck!" Seen

    " that's so pussy ass" Brook.

    Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick split up after 2 years of fucking ....I mean dating. edwardv.

  17. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
  18. #14156
    Forum Frontman
    Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.03
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,737
    Posts Per Day
    0.87
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    714
    Likes (Received)
    1123
    Thanks (Given)
    3312
    Thanks (Received)
    3913


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Personally, this was a year that my daughter and son can never get back. We got early interventions for him and he is doing great academically. He just turned four and he is not only reading, but even learning Spanish. However, what he missed the last year is what he needs most, socialization, learning to be with other kids. He has made huge strides, but the brain is only mush for so long, and he missed a year of being with other kids. No matter what, that will affect his ultimate outcome in a negative way.

    I think this is the first time saying this on here, but it also looks like our 2-yr old daughter is autistic. The odds go up with kid 2 if kid 1 has it, and all signs point to, if she isn't autistic, some sort of cognitive disability. She is getting interventions, but they are not in person and, thus, not as effective as they were for my son. We are fully vaccinated and her therapist is vaccinated and I keep bothering the company to get us back to in home therapy, because the interventions before the age of 3 are so important.

    As a teacher, mostly working with low income kids who have not been successful at school, it has helped some, but mostly hurt kids.

    Working with the kids I do and having special needs children of my own, the average and above kids are going to be fine. It's the below average and special needs kids who will likely suffer longterm consequences when, we will likely learn in hindsight, schools could have been open way more than they were, especially in California.
    The weight of having to navigate all of that for your family is tremendous. Towing the line between curbing a pandemic and fostering development is a hell of a feat. Sounds like you're handling it as best as you can for your family.

    We have had similar struggles. My wife got H1N1 when she was pregnant with our first and that seemed to have caused a bunch of complications with the pregnancy that have impacted my son. Then she got pregnant with our daughter in February of 2020, almost exactly a month before all the shutdowns began. We ended up taking social distancing and all that jazz extremely seriously as we didn't want my wife to get covid while pregnant, but that of course took other tolls on our family in terms of social development for my son. Now that our daughter is approaching 6 months old and the adults have been vaccinated we're working on trying to restore any semblance of that time we lost. But my son is your son's age, he'll be going to kindergarten during the next school year. It's a super critical time for him, and it's been really tough trying to get him back on track.

  19. #14157
    Forum Frontman
    It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    47
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    49,204
    Posts Per Day
    8.90
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    804
    Likes (Received)
    2392
    Thanks (Given)
    2505
    Thanks (Received)
    12631

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I was shocked at how painless the injection was. Less than my yearly flu shot for sure. They use a very fine needle because they want to get this deep into the muscle. That is why I think people are getting such sore arms later

    But honestly on the second shot I was a little distracted by a bunch of notifications that were suddenly coming in my phone and I didn't even realize that he had done the injection until I saw him slap a bandage on! I said "we're done?" and he nodded.
    i literally didn't even know it was done until i felt the nurse putting the bandaid on me.

  20. #14158
    Hot For Teacher
    bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    37
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    10,903
    Posts Per Day
    1.64
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:02 AM
    Likes (Given)
    272
    Likes (Received)
    450
    Thanks (Given)
    1184
    Thanks (Received)
    3391

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I’ve said the biggest damage being done is to our children far more than to us. Sorry to hear that about your family LM but you have a good head on your shoulders, you guys will figure it out. I’m sad that my daughter has basically lost two years of high school and any social interaction because of what’s going on. She has not gone back to school yet and she won’t this year. Hopefully In August my wife and I will feel comfortable with everything and she will go back for her junior year and at least get a couple years of a real high school experience. Her grades are great but that’s not something I was really worried about, it’s the socialization part that even well-adjusted teenagers need.
    I feel terrible for all of the kids that missed out on the typical high school experiences that are really touchstones to their lives. I know it can seem inane to us adults that during a pandemic with life or death consequences we should be concerned about missing proms, graduations, powder puff games, etc., but for these kids not only is that stuff extremely important to them now, but they'll never get them back. We all spend time talking about a band that helps us relive our glory days, but for these kids their "glory days" frankly aren't that glorious. I wonder what kind of mental impact that will have on this generation in the future?
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  21. #14159
    Hot For Teacher
    bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    37
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    10,903
    Posts Per Day
    1.64
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:02 AM
    Likes (Given)
    272
    Likes (Received)
    450
    Thanks (Given)
    1184
    Thanks (Received)
    3391

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i literally didn't even know it was done until i felt the nurse putting the bandaid on me.
    When I got my first shot this past weekend I sat down and watched the whole thing. The nurse said "you're going to watch?!" like I had an arm growing out of my forehead and said that was really rare. I guess I'm equal parts fascinated about what's happening and feeling responsible that if they screw up and do something stupid I want to be able to tell someone else what happened. Maybe it was because I was looking but I could definitely feel it, although I've had worse pain pulling off a bandaid.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  22. #14160
    Light Up The Sky

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    20,579
    Posts Per Day
    3.14
    Last Online

    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    399
    Likes (Received)
    1003
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Thanks to all with concerns and kind words; I think it would be too cumbersome to quote everyone.

    We all have our own issues that this pandemic has brought forward and we're all strong for dealing with them, and deal with them we will.

    We made the decision last night to contact my son's ABA therapist from before he turned 3. She no longer does ABA, but she was great and became a friend. She's vaccinated, too, and she agreed to come twice a week to work with our daughter. So at least she is going to get about 8 months of in person therapies before turning 3.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Save VHLinks Campaign For 2020...PLEASE READ NEW INFO FOR 2020!
    By Brett in forum VHL Forum Announcements
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 11.17.19, 03:50 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10.13.19, 01:50 PM
  3. Save VHLinks Campaign For 2020...PLEASE READ NEW INFO FOR 2020!
    By Brett in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.12.19, 10:41 PM
  4. Save VHLinks Campaign For 2020...PLEASE READ NEW INFO FOR 2020!
    By Brett in forum Political Underground
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.12.19, 10:41 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08.12.19, 10:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •