2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 907
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,785
Page 907 of 957 FirstFirst ... 407807857897904905906907908909910917 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 14342
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:35 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    I think we'll reach herd immunity sooner.
    Almost certainly. But how many lives are you willing to sacrifice doing it this way rather than waiting a few more weeks to get your vaccination numbers up?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Almost certainly. But how many lives are you willing to sacrifice doing it this way rather than waiting a few more weeks to get your vaccination numbers up?

Forever

Seriously I had an interesting convo with the head of infectious diseases at my local hospital. My wife was suffering from sepsis last week and they needed to bring in the head honcho. Anyway I asked her about the vaccine for my wife due to her low immune and it led to a convo. Now I get this isn't the CDC. I get this isn't Fauci. She was obviously an immigrant due to her accent so not sure if that makes her a likely Trumper. Just a doctor in charge of the infectious disease for a major hospital at a major hospital chain in Cleveland. She said Covid is running out of hosts. Simple as that. 30 million have had it but they feel unreported cases are 6 times higher. 180 million then may have had it. 75 million have been vaccinated. So now we are at about 250 million out of 350 million. A good percentage of this group are under the age of 30. She said we need to be careful, etc but we are at the tail end of this providing new strains don't make whatever immunity we have irrelevant

Yes people are going to still die, get sick, etc but right now its a numbers game as as more people get vaccinated, the numbers swing in the way of normalcy

Not saying we are there yet. I do think that the new normal will be masks 24/7 while inside. Instead of COVID, they will be stressed to prevent flu and other germs from spreading. Unfortunately we do need to be exposed to germs for our natural immune systems. So hiding post COVID only will weaken our geonome

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Forever

Seriously I had an interesting convo with the head of infectious diseases at my local hospital. My wife was suffering from sepsis last week and they needed to bring in the head honcho. Anyway I asked her about the vaccine for my wife due to her low immune and it led to a convo. Now I get this isn't the CDC. I get this isn't Fauci. She was obviously an immigrant due to her accent so not sure if that makes her a likely Trumper. Just a doctor in charge of the infectious disease for a major hospital at a major hospital chain in Cleveland. She said Covid is running out of hosts. Simple as that. 30 million have had it but they feel unreported cases are 6 times higher. 180 million then may have had it. 75 million have been vaccinated. So now we are at about 250 million out of 350 million. A good percentage of this group are under the age of 30. She said we need to be careful, etc but we are at the tail end of this providing new strains don't make whatever immunity we have irrelevant

Yes people are going to still die, get sick, etc but right now its a numbers game as as more people get vaccinated, the numbers swing in the way of normalcy

Not saying we are there yet. I do think that the new normal will be masks 24/7 while inside. Instead of COVID, they will be stressed to prevent flu and other germs from spreading. Unfortunately we do need to be exposed to germs for our natural immune systems. So hiding post COVID only will weaken our geonome
    I think that explains the case numbers dropping so much. Just think that if you're vaccinating a million a day (and that's impressive), that it would be sensible to let that process ride out for a while before opening things up completely so when you do open up that it's for good. The two states that are opening up are on the low end of the vaccination rate numbers too. Seems weird.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    My dad passed early this morning after his long battle with pneumonia then covid.

The whole day has been dreamlike and surreal making all the arrangements, etc.

Tired.

On the bright side...

Hoping right now he's in complete astonishment of the divine journey he is on.
    James, I'm so sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

5. James in New York Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

04.16.21 @ 05:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post

The wife is high risk immuno-compromised as having a kidney transplant (gave her one of mine in 2006), knock on wood she’s been doing great since the transplant.
    You are the man. I love when people set great examples for humanity.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Forever

She's a quack. I will follow the science and ignore her.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

8. ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

U.S. Bishop Chairmen for Doctrine and for Pro-Life Address the Use of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 Vaccine
    MARCH 2, 2021

https://www.usccb.org/news/2021/us-b...vid-19-vaccine

“Pfizer and Moderna’s vaccines raised concerns because an abortion-derived cell line was used for testing them, but not in their production. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, however, was developed, tested and is produced with abortion-derived cell lines raising additional moral concerns. The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has judged that ‘when ethically irreproachable Covid-19 vaccines are not available … it is morally acceptable to receive Covid-19 vaccines that have used cell lines from aborted fetuses in their research and production process.’[1] However, if one can choose among equally safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines, the vaccine with the least connection to abortion-derived cell lines should be chosen. Therefore, if one has the ability to choose a vaccine, Pfizer or Moderna’s vaccines should be chosen over Johnson & Johnson’s.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    U.S. Bishop Chairmen for Doctrine and for Pro-Life Address the Use of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 Vaccine
    MARCH 2, 2021

https://www.usccb.org/news/2021/us-b...vid-19-vaccine
    You shouldn't feel conflicted if you receive J&J's.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I hear J& J is less side effects but not as potent. I'm anti abortion but at least those kids cells don't rot in trash dumps they save lives.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

12. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.16.21 @ 01:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I hear J& J is less side effects but not as potent. I'm anti abortion but at least those kids cells don't rot in trash dumps they save lives.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    I just posted in the Religion thread about this (if anyone cares to read my thoughts you can head there).

Still, I appreciate BlindtotheWorld sharing this info.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

14. BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

04.16.21 @ 01:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Forever

I really hope that is correct. However, I know I haven't had it and neither has anyone in my immediate family to include brothers, sisters, parents, grand parents, etc. Maybe we're just lucky, but if the infection rates were that high I have a hard time believing none of us knew we had it. The other possibility is that we're part of the lucky third that hasn't been infected yet. I'm not sure which is less likely.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 07:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    You are the man. I love when people set great examples for humanity.
    Thanks man...

Surgery permanently ruined my six-pack.

Small price to pay
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

17. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

04.16.21 @ 01:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    I hope you’re correct, but the vaccination #’s have hit their metric as well as Covid hospitalizations, and infection rates.

Time will tell.
    What I heard this morning is that Texas only has approximately 6% of their population vaccinated. So they will be a test case for sure.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    You shouldn't feel conflicted if you receive J&J's.
    Thanks Dad.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I really hope that is correct. However, I know I haven't had it and neither has anyone in my immediate family to include brothers, sisters, parents, grand parents, etc. Maybe we're just lucky, but if the infection rates were that high I have a hard time believing none of us knew we had it. The other possibility is that we're part of the lucky third that hasn't been infected yet. I'm not sure which is less likely.
    I did ask her about that because only one person in my family has had it. She did say while not public, the first antibody tests for general public (which I took in June) were very inaccurate. Have done studies at her hospital chain with more thorough antibody tests and had to forward their findings. Thus why they think 6 times the amount have had it because when it was spreading around kind of undetected in winter and early spring, a lot of people actually had it but their antibody tests later on said they didn't. Like me and my wife who had symptoms in March. She lost taste, smell, had fever, runs, etc but our antibody test came back negative a few months later.

Its interesting because thank God, only my sister has had it in my family. She works at Target at the checkout so obviously is in the firing range. Took her 7 months to catch it and probably got the new variant. Maybe its simply luck, genetics or maybe some of us have had it and just didn't know it or it didn't test properly. Just glad that at this time I have bene lucky for once.