2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 900
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,393
Page 900 of 912 FirstFirst ... 400800850890897898899900901902903910 ... LastLast
Results 13,486 to 13,500 of 13667
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 08:23 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    It's a type of flu, I think it was always believed that the winter months would be pretty bad.
    anything contagious is going to be worse in the winter months due to people being in close contact indoors. But even with masking, and distancing and washing and sanitizing and closures it's still worse than it ever was.

But my point really was that here we are, in this state, with the incoming variants being even more contagious and people are being told that we are at the lowest level of cases since October, so this thing must be over. But it isn't and now isn't the time to let up on restrictions, not with an even more contagious variant poised to become the dominant strain in the near future

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 09:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

"Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends, don't go see your friends, stay inside, stay inside" ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

3. edwardv, Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Default 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading

The recipe for making sure people on the fence donít get vaccinated is to tell them nothing changes and we canít let up at all, which is what we are doing.

ďSo I stick this rushed chemical in my body and I canít see in anyone, have to wear a mask, and things wonít open or I donít put it in body and I canít see anyone, have to wear a mask, and things wonít open?í What do you think theyíll choose?

We should be telling people that vaccinated groups can se each other and hug each other again. You can mostly do the things youíre missing.

However, you still need to wear a mask to Home Depot until we reach herd immunity.

Thatís a better message. We also need to take a hard look at California and Florida and whether or not what California is doing is worth it. Because it looks very much like theyíll end up with similar numbers with vastly different approaches, one much more harmful to the economy than the other. We cannot politicize this. It very much seems Florida will get similar results with a scalpel approach as opposed to a hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I Coulda Hada VH, Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 08:56 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

We are getting to a point we need to have a national discussion, without politicizing it (yeah right) about how we handle this going forward. Because everyone continuing to sit at home on their hands for years on end is not an option.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 09:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Yep itís getting old. Itís totally affecting my career too. Iím accepting it but Iím frustrated.

Iím just really worried about the damage we are doing to our children. Iím really worried about this.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Part of being able to get people back to work is opening the schools and the teacherís unions are holding a position that I can only interpret as never wanting to return to school.

Schools can reopen safely even without teacher vaccinations, yet the union even was able to influence the most recent CDC guidelines.

One thing Iíd say about Trump is I wouldnít have put it past him to order the teachers back. Sorry, peers. I know a dude in his 40s whose a grocery checker and was within 6 feet of people all day. Heís now on a ventilator for over a month and will probably never recover. Iíve been at school all year. Suck it up, follow the science, which says schools can open safely, or get replaced. Sorry.

Once kids are back in school, start taking a hard look at the economic damage CA has done, the incalculable damage to students, and weigh that against what places with similar numbers did. I think youíll find things need to open except large indoor events.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Whatever Brett says.
    Favorite VH Song

None. Because I hate VH.
    Last Online

Today @ 10:18 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    We are getting to a point we need to have a national discussion, without politicizing it (yeah right) about how we handle this going forward. Because everyone continuing to sit at home on their hands for years on end is not an option.
    The country is getting vaccinated. Can't see you guys sitting at home on your hands for years.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    The country is getting vaccinated. Can't see you guys sitting at home on your hands for years.
    Told anyone who wants a vaccine can get one by summer or sooner, but also being told no normalcy until maybe the end of the year and masks into 2022.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 04:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

CT released some changes to vaccine distribution. My wife who works as a para professional will be part of the next wave starting March 1. I’ll be eligible March 22 and my adult kids will be on May 3.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Told anyone who wants a vaccine can get one by summer or sooner, but also being told no normalcy until maybe the end of the year and masks into 2022.

This.

A lot of people are simply refusing to get vaccinated and will continue to do so.

And all the ideas I've read on how to combat this idiocy are chock full of government over reach, but I am open to ideas.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Aerosmith just postponed their Summer 2021 tour dates to Summer 2022.

I don't know how some of the lesser known musicians are going to make it through this.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 07:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Part of being able to get people back to work is opening the schools and the teacherís unions are holding a position that I can only interpret as never wanting to return to school.

Schools can reopen safely even without teacher vaccinations, yet the union even was able to influence the most recent CDC guidelines.

One thing Iíd say about Trump is I wouldnít have put it past him to order the teachers back. Sorry, peers. I know a dude in his 40s whose a grocery checker and was within 6 feet of people all day. Heís now on a ventilator for over a month and will probably never recover. Iíve been at school all year. Suck it up, follow the science, which says schools can open safely, or get replaced. Sorry.

Once kids are back in school, start taking a hard look at the economic damage CA has done, the incalculable damage to students, and weigh that against what places with similar numbers did. I think youíll find things need to open except large indoor events.

Schools can certainly reopen. We've been open most of the school year with limited issues. Give kids the option to learn remotely and spacing becomes less of an issue.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 06:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

J&J vaccine will get us to herd immunity. One dose old school killed virus no RNA manipulation.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:10 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

We can certainly have more things open up, depending on the ability to do it safely with the social distancing in place. I've been going to work all along. We've had a few people get the virus, but it was never passed among employees while working.
    Our schools opened on time and only the middle and high schools closed from Thanksgiving to mid-January. Those schools, with more students, had a more difficult time implementing social distancing. But back in Aug/Sept we had a sub-1% positivity rate. Other parts of the country at that time, Arizona for instance, were sky-rocketing so it made sense not to open.

Personally, I am still not going to go sit in a restaurant and eat, but I'll continue to order take out for now. Hell, now is probably the time to go to a movie theater--I imagine no one is there!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 06:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I have said it for months. There never will be a normal. You will be required to wear masks like seat belts, bike helmets, etc. No way will government and society give up on additional control. Like the Patriot act.

Live in fear until you are planted.

18. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post