2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 883
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,374
Page 883 of 909 FirstFirst ... 383783833873880881882883884885886893 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 13634
    Master Bluesman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

Today @ 02:34 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Speaking of supplements... Why can’t we get tablets that have higher doses of potassium than 99mg?

Potassium is one of the most important nutrients, but you can only get low dosage tablets.
    Yes, I bought P. supplements for awhile but one tablet is like only 2% of the RDA so whats the point. Try to eat a couple of bananas a day.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

2. Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 11:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Obviously it’s going to take a very long time to get it to be minimal. That happens with all diseases like this. I can’t imagine anyone but a stupid person was thinking it was magically just going to disappear because a vaccine was brought out. It’s here and it’s going to be here for a long time. The important part is for us to build up a level of immunity to it so that its effects aren’t as drastic.

and yet the Sars that hit Toronto hard kind of did just that...well not "magically" there was a swift and effective reaction to it and Toronto ended up being the only North American city known to suffer from it. But after that, you never heard much more about that particular deadly strain. Problem with this one is it's too easily spread.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Measles virus becomes less effective if it mutates. So this was never going to disappear like that.

If there is a comparison to the flu, it’s that there will likely be mutations, but that doesn’t mean the vaccine won’t be effective against it.

If you can either prevent disease or keep it mild in nearly all people, which the flu vaccine does, even if geared towards a different strain, you get past the pandemic part.

What we need now is to get as many shots in as many arms as possible to get it under control. THEN it becomes a yearly maintenance thing.

The exciting thing about the Moderna vaccine, if the FDA can keep up with the tech, is you just need the genetic sequence and you splice it in. That vaccine was made in two days over a year ago. Going forward, you could possibly really fine tune the vaccine by looking at regional mutations and targeting versions of the virus even more closely than the flu vaccine does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They were talking about this today saying that all of the known mutations are handled by the current vaccination and that perhaps it won't give complete immunity it would at least greatly reduce the deadly nature of the virus. But there is one mutation found in Africa, I believe, that they are still unsure whether it would be stopped by the current vaccinations. The technology now tho would be well suited for tweaking to get a vaccination that would be affective, but even then it would take months to get it ready and get it out and if we have learned anything from this, a delay in reaction of a couple of months makes all the difference between a containable outbreak and a pandemic

The key is to keep people from getting the damn virus in the first place. People who say it is no big deal that they got it and didn't have any really bad illness just don't accept that with every infection...even one where the patient doesn't get gravely ill, there is the possibility of mutation. Key to stopping mutations is simply stop the infections that give the virus the opportunity to mutate. But people don't want to hear that. They don't want to hear that their illness contributes to a larger issue of inability to stop mutations

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 11:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    Yes, I bought P. supplements for awhile but one tablet is like only 2% of the RDA so whats the point. Try to eat a couple of bananas a day.
    It's almost always better to get your vitamins thru food than thru supplements as there are additional benefits from the food. A bunch of spinach, which steams down to practically nothing and can be put into a pasta dish or egg white omelet or eaten raw in a salad or a sandwich, doesn't just give you a good wallop of 54% of your potassium it also gives you a third of your fiber, a third of your calcium, vitamin A and B , half of your iron, and 3/4 of your magnesium, it also give you 1 1/2 times the vitamin c you need all for a measly 75 calories. whereas a supplement may give you multiples of what you need, you don't get all those other benefits.

5. Number 47, Simon Ribeiro, bsbll4 Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    It's almost always better to get your vitamins thru food than thru supplements as there are additional benefits from the food. A bunch of spinach, which steams down to practically nothing and can be put into a pasta dish or egg white omelet or eaten raw in a salad or a sandwich, doesn't just give you a good wallop of 54% of your potassium it also gives you a third of your fiber, a third of your calcium, vitamin A and B , half of your iron, and 3/4 of your magnesium, it also give you 1 1/2 times the vitamin c you need all for a measly 75 calories. whereas a supplement may give you multiples of what you need, you don't get all those other benefits.
    What about frozen spinach? Have a shit load of that in my freezer.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.29.21 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I eat raw spinach, washed, every single day.

I'm OCD, so now it's become a ritual i can't stop.
    I also take a multi vitamin, and one banana a day.

I used to take a magnesium supplement for sleep/stress, but it did jack shit.
    And i did my research and took the right kind.

But the raw spinach energizes me, i can feel it.

I also really love clementines.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

8. Elwood P., Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Today @ 12:48 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

Unless you are deficient in something, supplements are a waste of money. Eat well and your body naturally balances everything to suit.

Re covid, over here, we are pretty much back to normal, just without international travel. People aren't dying from covid. We've had no known community transmission for over 7 days in the entire country, and all 135 known active cases are in quarantine. Most interstate travel is up and running, gigs are starting up again, sporting events with crowds etc.. Masks are optional unless you're on public transport or in crowded shops. People and govt are still very aware and actions are taken quickly to quell any outbreaks that leak out of quarantine.

We've had under 1000 deaths in total. Lockdowns work, but you have to go hard and go early. Once it's running wild it's too late.
    If you always search for bullshit on the Internet, all you ever read is bullshit

10. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    What about frozen spinach? Have a shit load of that in my freezer.
    We prefer frozen spinach over canned-it's got better flavor and is lower in sodium-but the same principle applies. One cup of frozen spinach has more than four times the amount of nutrients, such as fiber, folate, iron and calcium, than a cup of fresh spinach, so if you want to power up, do it with frozen spinach. Feb 13, 2019

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 10:38 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

How can frozen spinach have MORE nutrients than fresh spinach? Just curious.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Steve Hilton investigates origins of COVID-19, links to US commissioned research

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6225847837001#sp=show-clips

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    How can frozen spinach have MORE nutrients than fresh spinach? Just curious.
    It turns out that frozen vegetables are often more nutritious than fresh because they're picked at peak ripeness when nutrient levels are highest, usually partly cooked, and frozen before they can degrade.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:24 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    I also really love clementines.
    “Oh my darlin, oh my darlin, oh my darrr-lin Clementine!”

16. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 08:02 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    My Frankie striped mask with the filter in it is very uncomfortable. Hard to talk with all the shit in front of your mouth. Plus it's too flashy to wear at work. Draws attention I don't need.
    My VH with wings is comfortable. Has the Frakenstrat patter. Have gotta some "hey that is cool" comments. Wife's 2nd one just came in. Back cover of WACF with BW band shot. Centered on Eddie and Alex.

I can see why frozen is better than canned. Frozen has less prep. They likely throw them in a bag, freeze them and bam. With cans, you have no idea how long the veggies have been sitting out. Then you put them in a can with fluid. I saw The Terror and what happens with canned food

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Canned food is usually loaded with salt.

I've been making a bean medley for years now that I eat in the morning with a banana. 2 cans dark red kidney beans, 1 can chick peas & 1 can pinto beans. I rinse them all really well with water to get rid of all the salty packing liquid and then add some salt and pepper to taste. I get 5 servings out of it each week.

Only other veggies I get in a can are corn and green beans, because I find their frozen counterparts have absolutely no flavor.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Steve Hilton investigates origins of COVID-19, links to US commissioned research

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6225847837001#sp=show-clips

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 12:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Canned food is usually loaded with salt.

I've been making a bean medley for years now that I eat in the morning with a banana. 2 cans dark red kidney beans, 1 can chick peas & 1 can pinto beans. I rinse them all really well with water to get rid of all the salty packing liquid and then add some salt and pepper to taste. I get 5 servings out of it each week.
    I’m sure you’re very regular, like clockwork.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"