2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 984
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,593
Page 984 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4848849349749819829839849859869879941034 ... LastLast
Results 14,746 to 14,760 of 15680
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I have no issue with criticism of what we've done policy wise, but when you have the platform he does i think it's important to have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    You don't have to have a clue anymore.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading

Joe is at his best when he’s talking about conspiracies, space, UFO’s, and some social issues. I actually agree with him most of the time, but he’s no Ben Shapiro. I don’t agree with everything Ben says, but there isn’t much doubt that he is very intelligent in the way he educates himself and formulates his arguments/opinions, at all times.

Joe, more often than not, just comes off like a stoner-jock and failed comedian who kind of tripped his way into a career as a rich podcaster.

As I’ve said before, he’s the guy whose dumb friends think is really smart when he brings up social issues or political topics, because they simply can’t. Eddie Bravo, Brendan Schaub, Bryan Callen, Joey Diaz, Ari Shaffir, and Bert Kreischer. I love Bert but If you’ve watched any of these guys talk about anything remotely serious you’ll get what I mean.

Oh yeah, and Alex Jones is one of his best friends. Who Joe has described as being a “great guy”.

Joe’s appeal is attributed mainly to the intriguing guests he has on. Not so much what he has to say about certain issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MF5150; 05.07.21 at 12:59 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 12:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Unfortunately, there are a LOT of people like that with access to microphones and a big audience.

Last I saw, Florida was about 44th in Covid positivity rate (8%) in the US. They're more than double the national rate (3.5%). But they're open and that's all that counts.
    Florida is at about 5%
    https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/health...st-since-march

So lowest since March with an open economy. So net increase of lets say 1.5% positive cases. What is the net benefit of opening vs 1.5% increase? Yes more people will die but how many per day? 1 maybe 2? Compare that to the net benefit of people being able to gain mental benefits well maybe its ok? Consider other states with more restrictions that have worse numbers and some better. What is the Return of Investment? I mean if they were at 20% positivity I can see the point but it sure looks like that the states that are open are on a whole doing just as well as those like Ohio which still has mask mandates. They also have one of the oldest populations in the country.

https://www.wptv.com/coronavirus/dai...s-stay-below-5

From a high level, appears that Florida is in line with most states and definitely doing better than the Michigan and Minnesota
    https://covidactnow.org/?s=1814732

another one which shows them having less than 10 new cases per 100k. In line with NY, Ohio, PA, and Illinois. Not as good as California but also not as good as Texas which as we remember are full of Neanderthals.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

Since many states that have restrictions are doing the same or worse than Florida, well I am not sure its a slam dunk being critical of their decisions. All I know is that Texas and Florida have been the punching bag and the experts have been a bit wrong. Cuomo got a book and praise while the governor of Florida was made fun of.

Concerning Joe Rogan, I read something yesterday (to paraphrase) that he is like that 28 year old brother of your friend. Sits in his room, smokes a ton of weed and tells you about life while viewing his posters in blacklight. I like the guy and does think he can offer some practical information but he does have a cult following

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Florida is at about 5%

So lowest since March with an open economy. So net increase of lets say 1.5% positive cases. What is the net benefit of opening vs 1.5% increase? Yes more people will die but how many per day? 1 maybe 2? Compare that to the net benefit of people being able to gain mental benefits well maybe its ok? Consider other states with more restrictions that have worse numbers and some better. What is the Return of Investment? I mean if they were at 20% positivity I can see the point but it sure looks like that the states that are open are on a whole doing just as well as those like Ohio which still has mask mandates. They also have one of the oldest populations in the country.

https://www.wptv.com/coronavirus/dai...s-stay-below-5

From a high level, appears that Florida is in line with most states and definitely doing better than the Michigan and Minnesota
    https://covidactnow.org/?s=1814732

another one which shows them having less than 10 new cases per 100k. In line with NY, Ohio, PA, and Illinois. Not as good as California but also not as good as Texas which as we remember are full of Neanderthals.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

Since many states that have restrictions are doing the same or worse than Florida, well I am not sure its a slam dunk being critical of their decisions. All I know is that Texas and Florida have been the punching bag and the experts have been a bit wrong. Cuomo got a book and praise while the governor of Florida was made fun of.

Concerning Joe Rogan, I read something yesterday (to paraphrase) that he is like that 28 year old brother of your friend. Sits in his room, smokes a ton of weed and tells you about life while viewing his posters in blacklight. I like the guy and does think he can offer some practical information but he does have a cult following
    I was referring to a 7-day average of 8% for Florida. Source was Johns Hopkins.
    The daily % at 5 will probably be back up tomorrow for it to average out. It is slowly trending down, so that's good.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...states/florida

The reason why DeSantis was made fun of is because he was downplaying the virus when his state was surging, during the winter months. Fortunately, he was able to weather all that. Personally, I think there was a more common sense approach--somewhere between DeSantis' and Newsom's methods. DeSantis approach to the virus was in step with Trump's. So, of course he was going to get shit on.

We can be critical of both states' decisions. California appeared to be a little too restrictive, while Florida--with a slight uptick in deaths right now--seemed to be a little too free with those Spring Break images. But, what do I know? I don't live in either state. Speaking of that, I do believe that CT has done a good job with this pandemic. There was some hiccups last summer, but we eventually opened with capacity limits. It's been tough but manageable. We're scheduled to open wide on May 19th.

Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

Today @ 02:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingWell-Liked

I was referring to a 7-day average of 8% for Florida. Source was Johns Hopkins.
    The daily % at 5 will probably be back up tomorrow for it to average out. It is slowly trending down, so that's good.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...states/florida

The reason why DeSantis was made fun of is because he was downplaying the virus when his state was surging, during the winter months. Fortunately, he was able to weather all that. Personally, I think there was a more common sense approach--somewhere between DeSantis' and Newsom's methods. DeSantis approach to the virus was in step with Trump's. So, of course he was going to get shit on.

We can be critical of both states' decisions. California appeared to be a little too restrictive, while Florida--with a slight uptick in deaths right now--seemed to be a little too free with those Spring Break images. But, what do I know? I don't live in either state. Speaking of that, I do believe that CT has done a good job with this pandemic. There was some hiccups last summer, but we eventually opened with capacity limits. It's been tough but manageable. We're scheduled to open wide on May 19th.

I live in Fl about 8 months a year, I likes DeSantis. What he has done is allow choice and I can see no wrong in that. Businesses chose whether they wanted to close, open partly or fully. Most still are only partially open to allow for distancing. Some do allow full capacity. Once again this allows choice. You are not forced to shelter in place. It allows business to keep their doors open and owners not to lose their livelihood and in turn workers to keep their jobs and roofs over their heads.

They shut down once and his decision was shutting down is more destructive than keeping things open.

I have no problem with how Fl has handled this. And you must remember most of Fl economy is based in travel and tourism.

6. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Today @ 03:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

Evidence suggests that countries that opt for rapid action to eliminate SARS-CoV-2—with the strong support of their inhabitants—also better protect their economies and minimise restrictions on civil liberties compared with those that strive for mitigation.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...tFnCFI.twitter
    If you always search for bullshit on the Internet, all you ever read is bullshit

8. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Went and finally got my 1st vaccine shot on Saturday (Pfizer). That same day our Governor announced that CT is among the first states to have over 70% of adults with at least one shot. (I wonder if mine was the one that put it over the top).

Actually felt some achiness yesterday and some slight chills. Nothing too bad. Been less than 2 months since I had Covid.

10. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Went and finally got my 1st vaccine shot on Saturday (Pfizer). That same day our Governor announced that CT is among the first states to have over 70% of adults with at least one shot. (I wonder if mine was the one that put it over the top).

Actually felt some achiness yesterday and some slight chills. Nothing too bad. Been less than 2 months since I had Covid.
    Good for you! I thought you had to wait 90 days (CDC) before receiving the vaccine if you tested positive? Any downside to receiving it sooner other than side effects?

12. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Good for you! I thought you had to wait 90 days (CDC) before receiving the vaccine if you tested positive? Any downside to receiving it sooner other than side effects?
    I initially thought the same thing about the 90 days. But that wait period was more for people who received the monoclonal treatment to combat the virus. When I went for my shot on Saturday, the lady asked me if I had Covid within the past 14 days. So, I guess that is the new waiting period. I'm sure I could have waited a few more months, as I should still have the antibodies, but I kind of just want to get this over with.

I'll be curious about the side effects with the 2nd shot--I wasn't really expecting much with this first one. Looks like my Memorial Day weekend could end up sucking--scheduled for 2nd shot on the 29th.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I initially thought the same thing about the 90 days. But that wait period was more for people who received the monoclonal treatment to combat the virus. When I went for my shot on Saturday, the lady asked me if I had Covid within the past 14 days. So, I guess that is the new waiting period. I'm sure I could have waited a few more months, as I should still have the antibodies, but I kind of just want to get this over with.

I'll be curious about the side effects with the 2nd shot--I wasn't really expecting much with this first one. Looks like my Memorial Day weekend could end up sucking--scheduled for 2nd shot on the 29th.
    I don’t blame you… I’m actually looking forward to getting the second shot just to catchup with the rest of the family. They act like the pandemic is over. Ha-Ha!

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 06:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I was sick for a day and a half after getting my 2nd shot.

Then just really tired for a few days, slept a LOT.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    I don’t blame you… I’m actually looking forward to getting the second shot just to catchup with the rest of the family. They act like the pandemic is over. Ha-Ha!
    Same here. I'm the last of the adults in my family to get it. When do you get your 2nd shot?

It'll be interesting to see how the kids fare with this. I know a lot of parents who received the vaccine but are either a firm 'no' on giving the vaccine to their kids (under 12 yrs old) or very skeptical. My wife is in the latter group--I'm just unsure, but leaning more towards 'yes.'

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

They seem to allegedly be finally talking about easing indoor mask requirements, especially for those vaccinated.

The current guidelines, I get what they are trying to do, but we should know by now humans work best with incentives. You have to not only incentivize people, but be realistic about your guidelines.

The CDC still says women shouldn't even have 1 full drink of alcohol in a day, so if we're going to 100% follow the science, women shouldn't have a margarita ever.

We need the CDC to live in the real world.

They have seen a noticeable increase in immune response for those who have ha COVID who then got the vaccine. That's worth it for the variants alone.

18. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:44 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    They seem to allegedly be finally talking about easing indoor mask requirements, especially for those vaccinated.

The current guidelines, I get what they are trying to do, but we should know by now humans work best with incentives. You have to not only incentivize people, but be realistic about your guidelines.

The CDC still says women shouldn't even have 1 full drink of alcohol in a day, so if we're going to 100% follow the science, women shouldn't have a margarita ever.

We need the CDC to live in the real world.

They have seen a noticeable increase in immune response for those who have ha COVID who then got the vaccine. That's worth it for the variants alone.
    This weekend was the first time since March 2020 that we've eaten indoors at a restaurant. It was a well ventilated place and they had it set up every other table so I guess 50% occupancy. It just seemed so nonsensical to wear a mask in an indoor establishment but it you're shoveling food in your piehole sitting at a table w/a group, no masks is ok.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 12:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I know I am in the minority and a Kook but after the hardline stance Biden and the CDC said about reopening and what would happen, well they need to simply let the governors and their teams decide what is best. Neanderthal thinking seems to be doing a bit better than Fauci. I understand that there are risks involved. There are risks getting on the interstate to drive to see my mom on Mothers Day. I get that Fauci is going to hedge his bet to the Nth degree. I also know human nature that one doesn't want to lose relevance too.

Its time. Hey if you want you can wear your mask or 30 masks you can. I just think right now its difficult to say "well you better wear your mask" when there are states that are not doing this and are not fairing worse or better than others.