2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 952
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,190
Page 952 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 452852902942949950951952953954955962 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 15010
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:14 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

The messaging out of both administrations has been terrible, and Fauci's has been bad, too.

In defense of Fauci, he's doing things he shouldn't be doing, and for the life of me I can't understand why they still have him out there.

I totally get him being the face for a good chunk of last year, especially with how little trust people had in Trump, plus we were winging it for a good chunk.

But at this point it should be recognized that the way it is supposed to work is Fauci, an immunologist, gives the medical advice to POTUS. An economist gives the economic impact, and so on. Then POTUS and his team work on what the policy will be and the messaging. There is no reason for an immunologist to be giving just the medical perspective on TV as the full representation of the White House.

That's because the messaging should be clearer, comprehensive, and coming from someone who is media saavy. Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former head of the FDA, has been on TV and would a great choice to do that.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 08:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    The messaging out of both administrations has been terrible, and Fauci's has been bad, too.

In defense of Fauci, he's doing things he shouldn't be doing, and for the life of me I can't understand why they still have him out there.

I totally get him being the face for a good chunk of last year, especially with how little trust people had in Trump, plus we were winging it for a good chunk.

But at this point it should be recognized that the way it is supposed to work is Fauci, an immunologist, gives the medical advice to POTUS. An economist gives the economic impact, and so on. Then POTUS and his team work on what the policy will be and the messaging. There is no reason for an immunologist to be giving just the medical perspective on TV as the full representation of the White House.

That's because the messaging should be clearer, comprehensive, and coming from someone who is media saavy. Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former head of the FDA, has been on TV and would a great choice to do that.
    Yup. Biden and Harris should be the face of this and answering questions on the response. Both of them seem to have gone into hiding though. Our PM does a press conference pretty much daily. I don't think he's done a great job, but at least he's interested in doing his job.

3. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.21 @ 04:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Republicans do some shit but the last three months is something on a different level. Sorry not wearing a tin foil hat but this about control. Forever.

The Georgia law is case in point. Why in the hell does somebody need to have water standing in line? I have never ever heard of that being a requirement and who pays for said water? Oh and here is the kicker. We are supposed to be worried about the environment and guess what this water will be in? Plastic bottles which likely will be discarded on the pavement and then maybe recycled

Its not even as restrictive as several other Democratic states.

Fauci should be replaced because lets face it. He has been the BMIC on this whole disease for over 12 months. Yeah Trump was in place but Trump also green lit the vaccines as he should. Facui has ZERO backbone. He flip flops more than Kerry or Miley Cyrus on her bed during a weekend bender. I don't care who replaces him but he should be replaced. The public confidence in him is average at best.

Anyway I don't care about boosters. If I have to get one, I will. However its time that we get on with life. I think the mental issues outweigh the physical ones at this point. Plus the kids. We are going to have an entire generation of kids likely messed up from this
    Why would people need water in line in Georgia? check out this line in Georgia. Hours long

5. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 08:39 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Why would people need water in line in Georgia? check out this line in Georgia. Hours long

Yeah, Iím not sure how anybody can question why water might need to be handed out to people lining up hours to vote.

But like literally everything in America it needs to be politicized and turned into something other than it being just the decent thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Of course, the real problem is the lines being that long.

I agreed with SCOTUS' reasoning that the Voting Rights Act was outdated and needed to be updated. The problem is Congress doesn't do shit.

In Georgia, polling places have disappeared since the VRA was "gutted," and these lines have gotten worse.

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

05.14.21 @ 06:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

Didn’t Georgia also have early voting as well? Why on Earth would anyone stand in line on Election Day if early voting/mail-in voting was available for up to six weeks prior?

...furthermore the food and water passed out was labeled as being from a party or specific candidate....most likely not the Presidential candidates, but for some smaller office. With so many races going on...most voters have little to no opinion and a surprising number will vote with...”hey that guy gave me a water or a sandwich.” Any first year Political Science student worth their salt can verify this info.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    Didn’t Georgia also have early voting as well? Why on Earth would anyone stand in line on Election Day if early voting/mail-in voting was available for up to six weeks prior?

...furthermore the food and water passed out was labeled as being from a party or specific candidate....most likely not the Presidential candidates, but for some smaller office. With so many races going on...most voters have little to no opinion and a surprising number will vote with...”hey that guy gave me a water or a sandwich.” Any first year Political Science student worth their salt can verify this info.
    That line is from the first day of early voting.

peevish
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Good news today. The Clinic just sent out an email saying that they will offer the Pfizer vaccine to all contractors and vendors starting as early as next week. I think I'm finally going to get the shot.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 06:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Voter ID laws are not racist.

Requiring people to register is not racist.

Having policy and procedures in place for mail in, absentee, military etc. voting is not racist.

Any policy that treats everyone the same is not racist. Period.

However, where and how many polling locations they have can be racist if they are done to strategically impact a vote. THAT is where our concentration should be.

As usual, we Americans see a problem, stick our fucking head in the sand about it, and then point at something else and whine about it incessantly.

As an American, I am really starting to dislike Americans. Bunch of whiney soft bitches.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

12. MD 5150, tphitman Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

05.14.21 @ 06:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

So was their early voting sites limited to their districts alone, or could they vote anywhere?

And if that was day one of early voting, why not comeback later, or on a different day? In Texas our early voting sites were packed on the first day, I just went a day later and it took all of 10 mins.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 06:43 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser3 Months Registered

So there were that many that just had to vote on the first day of early voting? How many more days of early voting were there?

With all the hype of the last election, noway in hell would I go on the first day. That's like going to the most hyped up movie and having to be at the first show on opening night. Remember those days?

15. wombattt Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Voter ID laws are not racist.

Requiring people to register is not racist.

Having policy and procedures in place for mail in, absentee, military etc. voting is not racist.

Any policy that treats everyone the same is not racist. Period.

However, where and how many polling locations they have can be racist if they are done to strategically impact a vote. THAT is where our concentration should be.

As usual, we Americans see a problem, stick our fucking head in the sand about it, and then point at something else and whine about it incessantly.

As an American, I am really starting to dislike Americans. Bunch of whiney soft bitches.
    Iím going to preface this by going a step further and saying that, hypothetically, IF Republicans were targeting Black voters, they werenít targeting them based upon their skin color, but their voter preference. If Scots voted 95% Democratic, theyíd target Scots.

That said, poll taxes and literacy tests treated everyone the same, yet their intent was racist.

So perhaps intent matters less than actual results, and so we should make sure we are both making it easy for eligible voters to vote while also making sure election integrity is secured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 08:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Jordan wasnít asking a question, he was giving a political speech. The answer is exactly what Fauci said, same as it was when Jordanís party was in power.
    Jordan asked the question over and over and over again. And FYI, Mike, this is The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis where EVERYTHING is political.

Fauci responded again and again to Jordan's simple question with deliberately ambiguous non-answers and triggered defensiveness.

What then is an exceptional number of daily infections before restrictions can be lifted? What's the number? What's the metric? What's the standard?

Answering "Infections are currently too high,, so when they're low enough" again and again is not a sufficient answer, obviously.

Fauci says 60k/day is too high. Okay, lots of us agree on that, Dr., but what is a target number for us to get infections down to before restrictions can be lifted? What's the number? 20k? 10k? 5k? Zero?

Answering simply and ambiguously "Infections are too high,, so when they're low enough" is not a sufficient response to Jordan nor to the American people for whom Fauci was there to provide real answers to.
    Fauci instead leaves Dem reps Clyburn and Maxine Waters to finally attempt to answer the question for him. Rep Clyburn finally spouts off with: "I'll give you a number... It's when 90% of congress is vaccinated".
    Or finally Maxine Waters' big contribution: "Shut your mouth!" lol

Comical.

You of course believe that Fauci answered the question sufficiently, Mike. Of course that does not surprise me in the least.

-----------------

LM was correct when he implied that Fauci is doing a poor PR job and is acting/being used in a manner falling well outside the perview of his duties as NIAID Director.

This is the fault/negligence of the current administration.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 08:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post

Jordan asked the question over and over and over again. And FYI, Mike, this is The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis where EVERYTHING is political.

Fauci responded again and again to Jordan's simple question with deliberately ambiguous non-answers and triggered defensiveness.

What then is an exceptional number of daily infections before restrictions can be lifted? What's the number? What's the metric? What's the standard?

Answering "Infections are currently too high,, so when they're low enough" again and again is not a sufficient answer, obviously.

Fauci says 60k/day is too high. Okay, lots of us agree on that, Dr., but what is a target number for us to get infections down to before restrictions can be lifted? What's the number? 20k? 10k? 5k? Zero?

Answering simply and ambiguously "Infections are too high,, so when they're low enough" is not a sufficient response to Jordan nor to the American people for whom Fauci was there to provide real answers to.
    Fauci instead leaves Dem reps Clyburn and Maxine Waters to finally attempt to answer the question for him. Rep Clyburn finally spouts off with: "I'll give you a number... It's when 90% of congress is vaccinated".
    Or finally Maxine Waters' big contribution: "Shut your mouth!" lol

Comical.

You of course believe that Fauci answered the question sufficiently, Mike. Of course that does not surprise me in the least.

-----------------

LM was correct when he implied that Fauci is doing a poor PR job and is acting/being used in a manner falling well outside the perview of his duties as NIAID Director.

This is the fault/negligence of the current administration.
    You do appreciate the game that Jordan is playing though, right? Fauci doesn't make the decisions that Jordan is asking about. So let's say Fauci gives him a number. Let's say he says 30k is the point he's less worried. Does that end the game? No, it's just the beginning. Because once you hit 29,999 then the Republicans use that quote as a hammer to fight against restriction at all and say Fauci is against things that he never took a position on.

All that said, if the actual leaders of your country had any interest in answering questions then this is a non-issue. I just don't lay much blame on Fauci who's being forced to field questions that should be aimed at decision-makers, rather than those who give information to decision-makers.

For the record, Waters behaviour was much worse than Jordan's.

20. KS 5150 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 08:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I guess I am old fashioned. If I am going to be exposed to the elements for a period of time, I should have enough freaking enough common sense to be prepared. Water included. If it was raining should Georgia provide foul weather clothing?

What about other essentials like porta potties? I am not sure but is that in a bill? Voting in Ohio during November is a bit worse than Georgia. Maybe we should have heaters installed at every polling station?

Sorry I know I am exaggerating but the fact that water distribution is a contention point in a bill and it being considered racist or not is crazy to me. The big question should be this? Can you vote? Yes or no. Are you being prevented to vote? If you are able to vote, you should be able to bring some water if you expect to be in line for several hours. Its amazing that people can stand in line for hours on Black Friday without government supervision but if you are voting the nanny state needs to take care of your personal needs