2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 885
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,277
Page 885 of 903 FirstFirst ... 385785835875882883884885886887888895 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 13531
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 12:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I'm guessing the topic was the multi layer ones that many wear.
    First line of the article: Could wearing two face masks at once during the pandemic provide more protection than just wearing one? According to White House advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci, "it likely does," he told NBC News' TODAY on Monday.

Multi-layer masks are mentioned in the article as well.

Common sense would also say that wearing 3 or 4 masks at once would protect us even more.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

How about just one mask and then stay 6 feet from anyone else for a prolonged period of time? I'm sure double masking works better, but people STILL don't get it is mostly about protecting other people and not you, and it makes them relax when it comes to social distancing.

We should just have a mantra of masks, and 6 feet.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Today @ 03:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

One thing that I hope stays around for the long term after this is over is the whole social distancing thing outside of things like large crowds where it's impractical. I rather enjoy people giving me space when we're having a conversation and I don't need you closing the gap. I have always loathed close talkers and now we all have real world evidence on why they suck. I bet this thing started with a close talker having a conversation with his pet bat.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

4. Rokgtar, Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 02:34 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Masks are going to be like wearing bicycle helmets. They never will be going away. Even when COVID is eliminated, we will have to wear them to prevent the flu. No coincidence that our flu outbreaks have not been as severe because we are wearing masks. So it will be common practice to wear a mask everywhere. You don't think so? Look at bicycle helmets. It used to be only for kids and now if you don't wear one as an adult, you are an idiot. Same with seat belts. I am not saying they shouldn't be adorned but at one point it was beyond comprehension to have mandatory seat belt or helmet laws. Now its the new normal

6. edwardv, T.B. Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    One thing that I hope stays around for the long term after this is over is the whole social distancing thing outside of things like large crowds where it's impractical. I rather enjoy people giving me space when we're having a conversation and I don't need you closing the gap. I have always loathed close talkers and now we all have real world evidence on why they suck. I bet this thing started with a close talker having a conversation with his pet bat.
    At least it will be easier and more acceptable to maintain this sort of behavior going forward once this virus (hopefully) goes away. We won't be seen as rude if we direct the close talkers to take a fuckin' step or two back. lol

During the winter I play in a dart league (not this year, though), and it's customary to shake your opponent's hand before and after play. I always tried to get there first with a fist bump instead. Of course, if you both draw first there's that awkward dance where one of you offers an open hand and the other a fist and then you each alternate like a couple of idiots. Either way, the stress of situations like that are now a thing of the past. LOL

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 07:58 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Masks are going to be like wearing bicycle helmets. They never will be going away. Even when COVID is eliminated, we will have to wear them to prevent the flu. No coincidence that our flu outbreaks have not been as severe because we are wearing masks. So it will be common practice to wear a mask everywhere. You don't think so? Look at bicycle helmets. It used to be only for kids and now if you don't wear one as an adult, you are an idiot. Same with seat belts. I am not saying they shouldn't be adorned but at one point it was beyond comprehension to have mandatory seat belt or helmet laws. Now its the new normal
    This unfortunately.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Well, orange you the clever one?
    You hurt my peelings!

10. I Coulda Hada VH Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 03:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    How can frozen spinach have MORE nutrients than fresh spinach? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    It turns out that frozen vegetables are often more nutritious than fresh because they're picked at peak ripeness when nutrient levels are highest, usually partly cooked, and frozen before they can degrade.
    Think about it. Canned veggies are usually fully cooked and packed in water. Frozen veggies are usually only partially cooked and flash frozen, not packed in water. I'll bet the nutrient count in the water you drain off is high.

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Hopefully the bloom is off the rose with that idiot.
    There's been a recall effort going on for months now in California. I think they are about 1/2 to 2/3rds there needing something like a million and a half sigs. Problem is, Newsome still has a 70%+ approval rating even now. I also notice his people (and the media) are trying to tie in the usual Proud Boys and other white supremacy groups supporting and funding the recall to discredit it.

Regarding the lifting of the restrictions, Newsome is allowing counties to lift (or not) restrictions. He supposedly based this on "projections" that cases would drop in the next few weeks. This despite the hysterical news of the "70% more transmissible, 30% more deadly and possibly vaccine resistant UK Covid variant" starting to sweep across the state and country. As late as a week ago, LA county and most of SoCal was in dire shape with zero hospital space for any more patients and a forecast for a surge upon a surge after the holiday break which apparently and mysteriously hasn't materialized.

I have no doubt this arbitrary lift of (some) stay at home restrictions is politically motivated. It sure isn't science-based.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Theyíve collected 1.2 million of the 1.5 million signatures necessary to recall Newsom.

The thing about the lockdown here is thereís very little compliance. Once winter hit, most of the outdoor tents set up were just to distract from people eating indoors. Big corporate brands are complying. Smaller and independent restaurants are not and have not been. Salons have been open. Most sheriffs arenít enforcing it.

Nothing changes really other than on a technicality.

This is political, but only because the lockdown is becoming less popular, and there are business associations in his ear.

The news broke in Twitter last night from a reporter who got a release from a restaurant association.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Nasal Spray That Blocks COVID-19 Could Be Available By Summer: Report

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nasal...s6rXcMM21V-z5o

15. edwardv Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 04:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Nasal Spray That Blocks COVID-19 Could Be Available By Summer: Report

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nasal...s6rXcMM21V-z5o
    Whole lot cheaper to have kids wear masks until the vaccine is widely distributed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Whole lot cheaper to have kids wear masks until the vaccine is widely distributed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Over the weekend, I watched a conspiracist video outlining that the virus was nothing more than a man-made virus to line the pockets of big pharma. The core of the video was how they are misrepresenting ďvaccineĒ because technically itís not a cure or an immunity.

Even though I donít agree with the video it does make you think about the vaccine and immunity. I think that the majority of the population thinks that the vaccine is a one time (or two depending on the booster) injection but in reality itís going to be an ongoing process similar to an annual flu shot:

coronavirus-is-going-to-stay-with-us-forever-moderna-ceo

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Today @ 03:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Over the weekend, I watched a conspiracist video outlining that the virus was nothing more than a man-made virus to line the pockets of big pharma. The core of the video was how they are misrepresenting “vaccine” because technically it’s not a cure or an immunity.

Even though I don’t agree with the video it does make you think about the vaccine and immunity. I think that the majority of the population thinks that the vaccine is a one time (or two depending on the booster) injection but in reality it’s going to be an ongoing process similar to an annual flu shot:

I went back and forth with my brother over this nonsense. He was insisting it wasn't a vaccine by definition, but when I pulled up the definition of a vaccine from Merriam Webster, it definitely fits it perfectly. The Covid vaccine doesn't prevent the virus from entering your body (no vaccine does), but it gives your cells the blueprint to fight the infection so you don't actually get "infected" in the traditional sense where the virus spreads throughout your body and it reproduces into multiple cells. It also may not be a permanent cure, as much like the flu vaccine there may be future mutations. He was also insisting that they said you can still infect others even if you have the vaccine. What they said was they didn't know if you could infect someone else, so they errored on the side of caution by saying you may be able to infect someone else because they couldn't easily test for that. Subsequent tests have shown you likely can't infect someone else if you have the vaccine.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LAD-1972 View Post
    Over the weekend, I watched a conspiracist video outlining that the virus was nothing more than a man-made virus to line the pockets of big pharma. The core of the video was how they are misrepresenting “vaccine” because technically it’s not a cure or an immunity.

Even though I don’t agree with the video it does make you think about the vaccine and immunity. I think that the majority of the population thinks that the vaccine is a one time (or two depending on the booster) injection but in reality it’s going to be an ongoing process similar to an annual flu shot:

Currently, we're all thinking about the vaccine (I wouldn't advise to do that via conspiracy video, however). At this point, I don't care if it lines the pockets of Big Pharma, especially if it means I can go to a concert again.
    Covid isn't going away. But hopefully these vaccines get us closer to "normal" again.

20. bsbll4, LAD-1972 Liked This Post