2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 960
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,159
Page 960 of 998 FirstFirst ... 460860910950957958959960961962963970 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 14965
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:05 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    Why it’s almost like a biological weapon?
    I'm open to the idea, but I am disinclined to be an active believer of that theory at the moment. Too many assumptions, at this point, as we've seen diseases much more contagious than COVID, as well as viruses bounce to humans from an animal.

2. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.21 @ 04:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

How’d you get “COVID Denier” out of that? He’s admitted he has COVID, just doesn’t want the vaccine.

Much ado about nothing
    You had to watch the entire thing where he is talking about tests and not needing tests and rejecting the public health policies that help us track this. He basically called his doctor stupid because Nugent didn't go to college because he was "out there learning things". That whole section was what I was referring to.

4. wombattt Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

May 19th, all Covid restrictions will be lifted here in CT, including social-distancing requirements (no mandates).

Masks will still be strongly recommended indoors.

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticu...es/#/questions

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:26 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Guess that simple solution should have been realized decades ago.
    Yes. Wearing masks and social distancing measures would have curbed the spread of the flu in years past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 06:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    You had to watch the entire thing where he is talking about tests and not needing tests and rejecting the public health policies that help us track this. He basically called his doctor stupid because Nugent didn't go to college because he was "out there learning things". That whole section was what I was referring to.

Gotcha

I didn’t watch it, because I don’t care what Ted Nugent has to say about anything
    Last edited by wombattt; 04.20.21 at 01:14 PM.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Gotcha

I didn’t watch it, because I don’t care what Ted Nugent has to say about anything
    "You can't grill it...until you kill it!"

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...hv4-story.html

After a year of denying that COVID-19 was real, Ted Nugent now has the virus.
    The rocker announced Monday that he has tested positive after experiencing a “stuffed-up head” and “body aches.”

I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days. I thought I was dying. Just a clusterf--k,” Nugent said on Facebook Live. “I got the Chinese s--t.”
    “My God, what a pain in the ass. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days.”
    Despite get seriously sick from the virus, Nugent said he still refuses to get the COVID-19 vaccine, falsely claiming that there are questions about its safety and origins.

The 72-year-old right-wing singer has mocked mask-wearers as “sheep,” called the pandemic a “scam” and claimed the death toll was “bulls--t,” making it relatively easy to guess how he may have been infected.
    Unfortunately, this is the only way for the people who still disregard the seriousness of this virus to take it seriously.

Either somebody they love or they themselves needs to get sick with it and/or die from it.

Until then it’s everybody else’s...the sheep’s problem.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

10. cabomiro Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 07:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

One can take Covid seriously and yet not be a sheep. One may elect to not receive an available vaccine while still understanding the dangers associated with the virus.

Many elect to receive the vaccines (this doesn't qualify them as sheep), and many do not. All the pigeon holing of 'the other side' that's been going on certainly since vaccinations began is ignorant.

Things are not nearly as black and white as many on either side of the fence are trying to make it out to be.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

12. wombattt, MF5150, BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 06:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    One can take Covid seriously and yet not be a sheep. One may elect to not receive an available vaccine while still understanding the dangers associated with the virus.

Many elect to receive the vaccines (this doesn't qualify them as sheep), and many do not. All the pigeon holing of 'the other side' that's been going on certainly since vaccinations began is ignorant.

Things are not nearly as black and white as many on either side of the fence are trying to make it out to be.
    Things rarely are...many shades of grey between black & white
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post

Absolutely, to all of that.

That’s not what Nugent was espousing before he got Covid.

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    The timeline and the symptoms are exactly what my wife and her parents experienced. If you continue to follow their trajectory you'll wake up feeling great tomorrow.
    I went back to bed for a few hours around 11am, slept hard about 3 hours. Woke up feeling much better but super hungry. Drove to a local sandwich shop, ate a meatball sandwich and feel like a million bucks now. Wife and son are still feeling crappy, son's been sleeping the entire day away.

Eruption
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I got my 2nd shot (Phizer) 4-8 and other then a sore shoulder for a couple days and a bit of an upset stomach the day after I've been side effect free so far,and the upset stomach wasnt really bothersome as it was mild

My wife felt shitty for a couple days after her 2nd shot Moderna

Im over this shit

17. BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Little Dreamer

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    3 Months Registered250 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    I don't think it's irreparable. But the longer it continues, the worse it gets.
    I still believe, with proper precautions and protocols, the schools are a safe place. In my experience, the virus is not being spread within the schools. They've done a very good job at reporting, tracing, and transparency. The virus is being spread via the decisions made outside of the schools.
    I agree about the spread of the virus in schools. Moreover, now the warm season has begun, which allows for proper ventilation of school premises.

At the expense of making up for the damage, I would argue, because time is running out and the situation is getting worse, children are lagging behind in education and not every child will be able to make up for knowledge due to individual characteristics, not with every child parents will work out the educational material as much as possible.

19. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    I agree about the spread of the virus in schools. Moreover, now the warm season has begun, which allows for proper ventilation of school premises.

At the expense of making up for the damage, I would argue, because time is running out and the situation is getting worse, children are lagging behind in education and not every child will be able to make up for knowledge due to individual characteristics, not with every child parents will work out the educational material as much as possible.
    Agreed.

Regarding your first point about ventilation in the schools, my daughter's school classroom had to have windows open throughout the winter months. That was part of the protocol in our schools. The windows weren't wide open but cracked enough that it got cold in the classroom. They rotate the kids' seats around throughout the year, and I remember when my daughter said she was near one of the windows, I told her that's probably the best place to be--wear your coat!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 06:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Two things. You can tell these measures work because of how it has prevented flu transmission. You can also see how much more contagious COVID is because of what it is doing despite all those precautions.
    On one hand you can but then you can also say these measures don't really work when you look at Texas. Look at Michigan. One with zero restrictions doing great and the other with some of the most restrictions over the last year floundering. Ohio which is right next to Michigan has fared much better than that state with less restrictions. Remember Texans were deemed Neanderthals yet are doing far better than most states that voted for Biden. Obviously other data can point the other way too.

I don't think there are any absolutes with this virus. If masks, shutdowns, etc were all that and a bag of chips you would have clear cases where states with more restrictions always fare better than those with less. You don't

Last year at this time people were scrubbing vegetables, scrubbing surfaces, etc all for naught. I wear a mask but I by no means think its the magic pill. If so this virus would have been wiped out about last year at this time.

22. BlindtotheWorld, sinner's swing Liked This Post