2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 1267
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  6,082
Page 1267 of 1324 FirstFirst ... 267767116712171257126412651266126712681269127012771317 ... LastLast
Results 18,991 to 19,005 of 19858
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    Fauci is way too politicized at this point. If your a trump supporter or right winger he's basically satan
    It's also a sign of where we are now, however. No matter who replaces Fauci, politicization will certainly follow.

2. It's Mike Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 04:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    God help us all.

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...detox-rcna4859
    Now THERE'S a disinformation campaign I can get behind. "It doesn't matter if you take the shot. You can detox with a nightly soak in epsom salts and essential oils" All these people will be vaccinated, ache free and smelling GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Myself and my family are fully vaccinated, and we will get the boosters when available to each of us.

That being said, I think world governments need to get on board with the simple fact that this is here to stay, and shutting down travel is not the answer.

We have to get back to living our normal lives as much as possible.
    I think travel shut downs will be a vital part of isolating the virus in the future. They just need better and more consistent guidelines for how to do it.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 04:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    God help us all.

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...detox-rcna4859
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    South African doctor says patients with Omicron variant have "very mild" symptoms
    Promit Mukherjee
    Sun., November 28, 2021, 11:14 a.m.
    By Promit Mukherjee

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A South African doctor who was one of the first to suspect a different coronavirus strain among patients said on Sunday that symptoms of the Omicron variant were so far mild and could be treated at home.

Dr. Angelique Coetzee, a private practitioner and chair of South African Medical Association, told Reuters that on Nov. 18 she noticed seven patients at her clinic who had symptoms different from the dominant Delta variant, albeit "very mild".

Now designated Omicron by the World Health Organization, the variant was detected and announced by South Africa's National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) on Nov. 25 from samples taken from a laboratory from Nov. 14 to Nov. 16.

Coetzee said a patient on Nov. 18 reported at her clinic being "extremely fatigued" for two days with body aches and headache.

"Symptoms at that stage was very much related to normal viral infection. And because we haven't seen COVID-19 for the past eight to 10 weeks, we decided to test," she said, adding that the patient and his family turned out to be positive.

On the same day, more patients came in with similar symptoms, which was when she realised there was "something else going on." Since then, she's seen two to three patients a day.

"We have seen a lot of Delta patients during the third wave. And this doesn't fit in the clinical picture," she said, adding she alerted NICD on the same day with the clinical results.

"Most of them are seeing very, very mild symptoms and none of them so far have admitted patients to surgeries. We have been able to treat these patients conservatively at home," she said.

Coetzee, who is also on the Ministerial Advisory Committee on Vaccines, said unlike the Delta so far patients have not reported loss of smell or taste and there has been no major drop in oxygen levels with the new variant.

Her experience so far has been that the variant is affecting people who are 40 or younger. Almost half of the patients with Omicron symptoms that she treated were not vaccinated.

"The most predominant clinical complaint is severe fatigue for one or two days. With them, the headache and the body aches and pain."

The news of the new variant emerging from South Africa prompted a swift reaction from several countries, including Britain, which on Friday imposed a travel ban on several southern African countries with immediate effect, a decision South Africa has strongly contested.

Since Friday, many countries have also banned air travel to and from South Africa, including the United States, other European countries, and some Asian nations.

(Reporting by Promit Mukherjee; Editing by Angus MacSwan)

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/african-do...161457333.html
    But then why have their hospitalizations increased 330% ? Sometimes it isn't the death toll as much as it is the capacity of the virus to overwhelm the health care system which has the side effect of causing people who need other medical care such as strokes or heart attacks, to be unable to get medical care, and thus an increase in non covid deaths

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Today @ 10:16 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    But then why have their hospitalizations increased 330% ? Sometimes it isn't the death toll as much as it is the capacity of the virus to overwhelm the health care system which has the side effect of causing people who need other medical care such as strokes or heart attacks, to be unable to get medical care, and thus an increase in non covid deaths
    I read just 7% of people in South Africa are vaccinated! A pathetic number.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 09:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    I read just 7% of people in South Africa are vaccinated! A pathetic number.
    Not due to lack of vaccine supply.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 09:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-LikedMaster Praiser15,000 VHL Life PointsRookie

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    Fauci is way too politicized at this point. If your a trump supporter or right winger he's basically satan
    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Has nothing to do with being a Trump supporter. It's what you said. He's too political and makes HIMSELF the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    It's also a sign of where we are now, however. No matter who replaces Fauci, politicization will certainly follow.
    Attacks on Fauci are attacks on science. Fauci is now claiming that he is science. What a f'ing joke.

8. VH122 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    Attacks on Fauci are attacks on science. Fauci is now claiming that he is science. What a f'ing joke.
    I haven't heard him say that, but it has become a joke, all around. There were attacks on Fauci early on simply because he was sharing "bad news" about the virus. He hasn't always been fairly criticized. Seems he was put too high on a pedestal by one side and demonized by the other. The usual business.

10. It's Mike Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 08:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points

Well I will try to contribute my takes a bit more.

Regarding Fauci. He needs to go. Not because he is Satan but he will never be taken as credible by a good segment of the population. He did use the "Is" defense lying to Rand Paul. He has a bit of dirt and lately from what I see, where there is smoke, there is fire. He should simply go because he never will be respected as much as lets say "Dr Jane Doe" who replaces him. She could start off with a clean slate and even if she says the same things, you don't see that smirky guy who loves the power and attention he has gotten. This happens all the time with other positions of power.

Sure he has been attacked because of what he says but its also how he says it. Also he at times has no answers. He said College football games were super spreaders. Didn''t happen. Didn't condemn the riots with people obviously not following COVID protocols because you know it wasn't popular to demonize BLM protests. He claims that he is the end all be all of science. He is a very arrogant man. Science is there to question science. Not a finality of all things.

With the stress of COVID over 2 years, he simply has to go. Its like a manager of a baseball team. After a while they tune the manager out. Many people regardless of what he says simply will tune everything he says out. He is now more politicains than scientist. He lost the respect of probably 40 percent of the people. He should go. Plus Biden will get a bump in his approval which doesn't hurt

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 07:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King50,000 VHL Life Points

I agree on Fauci anyone in the USG with that much time and power needs to take his pension its healthy for the country he's frickin 80 years old hit the Miami golf scene before you stroke out. People have no idea how much power these top bureaucrats yield.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

13. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    I haven't heard him say that, but it has become a joke, all around. There were attacks on Fauci early on simply because he was sharing "bad news" about the virus. He hasn't always been fairly criticized. Seems he was put too high on a pedestal by one side and demonized by the other. The usual business.
    He's been saying it since last summer, but really doubled down this week. He has it in his head as being almighty.

Our government...where all the not so good lawyers and doctors go to roost.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points200,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Well I will try to contribute my takes a bit more.

Regarding Fauci. He needs to go. Not because he is Satan but he will never be taken as credible by a good segment of the population. He did use the "Is" defense lying to Rand Paul. He has a bit of dirt and lately from what I see, where there is smoke, there is fire. He should simply go because he never will be respected as much as lets say "Dr Jane Doe" who replaces him. She could start off with a clean slate and even if she says the same things, you don't see that smirky guy who loves the power and attention he has gotten. This happens all the time with other positions of power.

Sure he has been attacked because of what he says but its also how he says it. Also he at times has no answers. He said College football games were super spreaders. Didn''t happen. Didn't condemn the riots with people obviously not following COVID protocols because you know it wasn't popular to demonize BLM protests. He claims that he is the end all be all of science. He is a very arrogant man. Science is there to question science. Not a finality of all things.

With the stress of COVID over 2 years, he simply has to go. Its like a manager of a baseball team. After a while they tune the manager out. Many people regardless of what he says simply will tune everything he says out. He is now more politicains than scientist. He lost the respect of probably 40 percent of the people. He should go. Plus Biden will get a bump in his approval which doesn't hurt
    I think you're right that America needs a new voice on this, probably needed one a year ago. No matter who gets the job though i imagine it will immediately get politicized. But it's worth a shot. I like Fauci but the press made him a media star and that's not good in these divisive times. You badly need someone that is not political in any way. Just a nerd doctor who cares nothing about the attention.

16. ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

He's been saying it since last summer, but really doubled down this week. He has it in his head as being almighty.

He did give the "if you argue with me you're arguing with science". He's right. But he shouldn't get involved with that. He's not a politician but he's acting like one. He should have a set answer of "i don't get involved in politics- next question".

18. jimmy812, edwardv Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 07:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King50,000 VHL Life Points

Thems that knows does. Them that knows not goes into government or academics.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

20. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    He did give the "if you argue with me you're arguing with science". He's right. But he shouldn't get involved with that. He's not a politician but he's acting like one. He should have a set answer of "i don't get involved in politics- next question".
    So the many times the science was incorrect, that means Fauci was also incorrect? Or did he just say certain things to protect the public from going crazy? The many times Fauci has lied about WHO, was that science lying or Fauci? So confusing this science stuff is.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I agree on Fauci anyone in the USG with that much time and power needs to take his pension its healthy for the country he's frickin 80 years old hit the Miami golf scene before you stroke out. People have no idea how much power these top bureaucrats yield.
    It's madness

Regular normal sane people can't wait to get the fuck out of working and retire at the first opportunity.

Politicians? Nope. They have it so easy. I really believe there's nothing better than being a politician. I used to think it was being a rock star. You know these neverending farewell tours by legacy bands? Politicians say "hold my beer".

23. MD 5150, edwardv Liked This Post