2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 953
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,152
Page 953 of 997 FirstFirst ... 453853903943950951952953954955956963 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,295 of 14945
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 09:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I guess I am old fashioned. If I am going to be exposed to the elements for a period of time, I should have enough freaking enough common sense to be prepared. Water included. If it was raining should Georgia provide foul weather clothing?

What about other essentials like porta potties? I am not sure but is that in a bill? Voting in Ohio during November is a bit worse than Georgia. Maybe we should have heaters installed at every polling station?

Sorry I know I am exaggerating but the fact that water distribution is a contention point in a bill and it being considered racist or not is crazy to me. The big question should be this? Can you vote? Yes or no. Are you being prevented to vote? If you are able to vote, you should be able to bring some water if you expect to be in line for several hours. Its amazing that people can stand in line for hours on Black Friday without government supervision but if you are voting the nanny state needs to take care of your personal needs
    I get the point of the water rule, it's designed to ensure there's no advertising of a candidate. You won't people handing out water bottles with logos on them of certain candidates.

The bigger issue is why are people in line to vote for hours though. And sadly, in many cases, the answer is because people in power don't want those people voting.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 05:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    You do appreciate the game that Jordan is playing though, right? Fauci doesn't make the decisions that Jordan is asking about. So let's say Fauci gives him a number. Let's say he says 30k is the point he's less worried. Does that end the game? No, it's just the beginning. Because once you hit 29,999 then the Republicans use that quote as a hammer to fight against restriction at all and say Fauci is against things that he never took a position on.

All that said, if the actual leaders of your country had any interest in answering questions then this is a non-issue. I just don't lay much blame on Fauci who's being forced to field questions that should be aimed at decision-makers, rather than those who give information to decision-makers.

For the record, Waters behaviour was much worse than Jordan's.

Not the fault of Fauci, ultimately. Though he is handling very poorly what is being demanded of him. And Fauci also has oddly basked in his popularity since the pandemic first hit, appearing daily on CNN and MSNBC and the like, and has been woefully ambiguous and wreckless with his choice of words from day 1, often giving contradictory info on different shows on the same day, leaving people scratching their heads. Fauci's very often just winging it out there, speaking off the cuff, and this is dangerous on a lot of levels.

Again, it is the fault/negligence of the current admin still parading Fauci out every day in front of the American people and congress, etc, to act as Biden's lead on these matters.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 08:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

4. It's Mike, jimmy812, KS 5150 Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 12:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Iím going to preface this by going a step further and saying that, hypothetically, IF Republicans were targeting Black voters, they werenít targeting them based upon their skin color, but their voter preference. If Scots voted 95% Democratic, theyíd target Scots.

That said, poll taxes and literacy tests treated everyone the same, yet their intent was racist.

So perhaps intent matters less than actual results, and so we should make sure we are both making it easy for eligible voters to vote while also making sure election integrity is secured.

Fair enough, but we aren't charging people to vote, and we are letting any idiot vote. And no, spending $20 on getting a picture ID is not a poll tax (and I know you weren't saying it is, but some do). I love seeing people argue that they can't afford the $20 to get an ID on their iPhone 11.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

6. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 12:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

The bigger issue is why are people in line to vote for hours though. And sadly, in many cases, the answer is because people in power don't want those people voting.
    Bingo.

Better placement of polling stations (and more of them) and an end to gerrymandering. That would eliminate the vast majority of vote suppression. and very easily.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

8. KS 5150 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Not the fault of Fauci, ultimately. Though he is handling very poorly what is being demanded of him. And Fauci also has oddly basked in his popularity since the pandemic first hit, appearing daily on CNN and MSNBC and the like, and has been woefully ambiguous and wreckless with his choice of words from day 1, often giving contradictory info on different shows on the same day, leaving people scratching their heads. Fauci's very often just winging it out there, speaking off the cuff, and this is dangerous on a lot of levels.

Again, it is the fault/negligence of the current admin still parading Fauci out every day in front of the American people and congress, etc, to act as Biden's lead on these matters.
    I don't like him getting involved in skirmishes with politicians (though at times it's hard to blame him), I just think he is a victim of the current climate more than he's at any real fault for policy decisions. I don't doubt that he's giving good advice to your leaders. And you are completely correct that the current admin is more at fault for not taking the lead on this. They, and the Governors, make decisions. They should own them. But passing the buck is just something they do. They're great at taking credit, not so good at answering questions. And this particular administration isn't even attempting to look like they care about answering questions.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Bingo.

Better placement of polling stations (and more of them) and an end to gerrymandering. That would eliminate the vast majority of vote suppression. and very easily.
    and no one is interested in doing any of that. I don't think I've ever been more than a 10-minute walk from my election day or advanced polling station in my life. But no one is interested in supporters of the other side having an easy time voting. This is what happens when you know who is gonna win most counties before a single vote is cast.

11. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Fair enough, but we aren't charging people to vote, and we are letting any idiot vote. And no, spending $20 on getting a picture ID is not a poll tax (and I know you weren't saying it is, but some do). I love seeing people argue that they can't afford the $20 to get an ID on their iPhone 11.
    I agree, though there are some people, usually elderly, or a US citizen from a territory, or truly indigent, but that's a different story.

I still see this not a lot differently than gun control. "Criminals aren't going to follow the law anyway so you're just inconveniencing law-abiding gun owners." If you have your mind set on swaying an election via in-person voter fraud, fake IDs that will fool the high schoolers and octogenarians who volunteer at the polling place is not going to stop them from continuing to do commit voter fraud.

Which tells me the answer is the fact that people are on the voter rolls and shouldn't be is the actual solution.

And that issue is bipartisan, which is why it won't be solved. Both parties benefit from that.

Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Today @ 11:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Thumbs down

I don't like this at all. Am I living in Nazi Germany???! We suddenly aren't allowed to drive our car almost anywhere. Cops can stop my car and ask why I left my home? What the hell?! Horrible job Doug Ford!!

Ontario gives police authority to stop people, vehicles, ask purpose of travel

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-g...avel-1.5390805

TORONTO -- The Ontario government is giving police temporary powers to enforce its stay-at-home order and allowing them to stop individuals and vehicles and ask their reasons for leaving their homes.

Solicitor General Sylvia Jones made the announcement Friday afternoon as part of the new measures introduced by Premier Doug Ford's government to stop the further spread of COVID-19.

"We have made the deliberate decision to temporarily enhance police officers' authority for the duration of the stay-at-home order. Moving forward, police will have the authority to require any individual who is not in a place of residence to first provide the purpose for not being at home and provide their home address," Jones said.

"Police will also have the authority to stop a vehicle to inquire about an individual's reason for leaving their residence."

It will be effective as of Saturday, Apr. 17.

Jones said the decision was made as some people continue to leave their residences for non-essential reasons. She added the government needs to take action to address non-compliance.

"I cannot stress this enough. It is imperative that everyone limit their trips outside of the home to permitted purposes only, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, medical appointments, outdoor exercise, or for work, that cannot be done remotely," she said.

Those who will not comply will be issued a ticket, Jones said. The province has not provided further details on possible fines, but she said under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, penalties for non-compliance are set at a minimum of $750.

In response to the announcement, the Canadian Civil Liberties Association slammed the Ford government and said they are "risking a rash of racial profiling and overboard police powers."

"Back-of-the-envelope government responses to pandemic volatility will face constitutional roadblocks. A hodge-podge of pandemic restrictions cannot be policed like this because overzealous enforcers overshoot the mark, based on Canada's 1st Wave experience," executive director Michael Bryant said in a statement.

"Random police stops during COVID are unconstitutional, presuming those outdoors or driving to be guilty -- unlike anti-DUI RIDE program, which are indiscriminate, stopping everyone in a single location, rather than random stops, and are based on heaps of evidence of DUIs."

The Ontario government also announced that travellers from Manitoba and Quebec will be barred from entering Ontario as of Monday, Apr. 19, at 12:01 a.m. unless it is for an essential purpose, the province declared Friday.

"Should an individual not have a valid reason to enter Ontario, they will return back. These are tough but necessary measures to help us overcome this health crisis. We all want to get back to normal," Jones said.

In a statement, NDP Leader Andrea Horwarth said Ford is playing the ďblame gameĒ by focusing on increased enforcement.

ďMaking this all about punishment and enforcement is the ultimate way for Ford to blame Ontarians,Ē said Horwath.

ďThe vast majority of people are following the rules and public health advice. But busses are packed with essential workplaces. People feeling under the weather have to go in to work because they donít have paid sick days. Employers are continuing non-essential functions because Ford allows them to.Ē

Ontario Liberal Leader Steven Del Duca called the expanded police powers a "dangerous attack" on racialized Ontarians.

"I can't believe (Ford) is calling carding a public health measure while refusing paid sick days," Del Duca tweeted.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

14. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:12 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

That is crazy.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

No impact on me. Our province has lost complete control of cases, they are getting desperate.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

17. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading

No impact on me. Our province has lost complete control of cases, they are getting desperate.

The shitty thing for our provincial and federal governments is that optically its horrendous and itís really not going to accomplish anything.

The spike in cases is not from people frivolously driving to parties and gatherings. Itís as a result of people having no choice but to go into work on crowed public transit.

If the police actively enforce this bullshit, the courts are going to be tied up for years and this as much Justinís fault as it is Dougís at this point.

Last edited by MF5150; 04.16.21 at 06:54 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

19. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    The shitty thing for our provincial and federal governments is that optically its horrendous and itís really not going to accomplish anything.

The spike in cases is not from people frivolously driving to parties and gatherings. Itís as a result of people having no choice but to go into work on crowed public transit.

If the police actively enforce this bullshit, the courts are going to be tied up for years and this as much Justinís fault as it is Dougís at this point.

The hope is the fear of enforcement encourages better behaviour. Sadly, this isn't just driven by people going to work.

21. sinner's swing Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

The hope is the fear of enforcement encourages better behaviour. Sadly, this isn't just driven by people going to work.

That and the variants are main drivers behind the spike in cases.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    That and the variants are main drivers behind the spike in cases.
    They are. Too many people have just stopped being careful. Happened stateside months ago and we are following those footsteps. The results are as expected.