2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 908
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,688
Page 908 of 945 FirstFirst ... 408808858898905906907908909910911918 ... LastLast
Results 13,606 to 13,620 of 14162
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 02:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I did ask her about that because only one person in my family has had it. She did say while not public, the first antibody tests for general public (which I took in June) were very inaccurate. Have done studies at her hospital chain with more thorough antibody tests and had to forward their findings. Thus why they think 6 times the amount have had it because when it was spreading around kind of undetected in winter and early spring, a lot of people actually had it but their antibody tests later on said they didn't. Like me and my wife who had symptoms in March. She lost taste, smell, had fever, runs, etc but our antibody test came back negative a few months later.

Its interesting because thank God, only my sister has had it in my family. She works at Target at the checkout so obviously is in the firing range. Took her 7 months to catch it and probably got the new variant. Maybe its simply luck, genetics or maybe some of us have had it and just didn't know it or it didn't test properly. Just glad that at this time I have bene lucky for once.
    I suspect a lot of us have actually had it without even realizing it due to having no symptoms. I hope the light at the end of the tunnel isn't another oncoming train.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Today @ 12:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I did ask her about that because only one person in my family has had it. She did say while not public, the first antibody tests for general public (which I took in June) were very inaccurate. Have done studies at her hospital chain with more thorough antibody tests and had to forward their findings. Thus why they think 6 times the amount have had it because when it was spreading around kind of undetected in winter and early spring, a lot of people actually had it but their antibody tests later on said they didn't. Like me and my wife who had symptoms in March. She lost taste, smell, had fever, runs, etc but our antibody test came back negative a few months later.

Its interesting because thank God, only my sister has had it in my family. She works at Target at the checkout so obviously is in the firing range. Took her 7 months to catch it and probably got the new variant. Maybe its simply luck, genetics or maybe some of us have had it and just didn't know it or it didn't test properly. Just glad that at this time I have bene lucky for once.
    If that's the case though that means there's a significant number of people who never showed symptoms or were so mild they never bothered to check. It seems like the "asymptomatic" crowd we heard about early on were people that would eventually develop symptoms or were false positives. From what I understand, a lot of the early people that tested positive ended up displaying symptoms after they tested positive, but I could be wrong. If that's the case it wouldn't seem like the infection numbers could be that high, but again I'm hoping I'm wrong on that.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:23 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Thanks Dad.
    Just offering another perspective.

Now go to your room!

4. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Seriously I had an interesting convo with the head of infectious diseases at my local hospital. My wife was suffering from sepsis last week and they needed to bring in the head honcho. Anyway I asked her about the vaccine for my wife due to her low immune and it led to a convo. Now I get this isn't the CDC. I get this isn't Fauci. She was obviously an immigrant due to her accent so not sure if that makes her a likely Trumper. Just a doctor in charge of the infectious disease for a major hospital at a major hospital chain in Cleveland. She said Covid is running out of hosts. Simple as that. 30 million have had it but they feel unreported cases are 6 times higher. 180 million then may have had it. 75 million have been vaccinated. So now we are at about 250 million out of 350 million. A good percentage of this group are under the age of 30. She said we need to be careful, etc but we are at the tail end of this providing new strains don't make whatever immunity we have irrelevant
    Unless I'm missing something, I don't believe the numbers are that cut and dry. And, yes, to a certain degree there is a decreasing number of hosts. But there are still a LOT of potential hosts. And, people have had Covid more than one time, so what does that say about running out of hosts?

30 million have had Covid. How reliable is the estimation that the number is 6 times higher, taking it to 180 mil?
    75 million have been vaccinated. So certainly some of the people who have had the virus have also received the vaccination. Wouldn't those stats overlap?
    So concluding that we are at 250 million out of 350 mill seems a bit of a stretch to me.

But we are definitely heading in the right direction.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Today @ 11:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Just offering another perspective.

Now go to your room!
    You're not offering another perceptive. You wrote, "You shouldn't feel conflicted if you receive J&J's." with no explanation of why. That's why you got the response you did.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

You're not offering another perceptive. You wrote, "You shouldn't feel conflicted if you receive J&J's." with no explanation of why. That's why you got the response you did.
    OK, so it wasn't necessarily a different perspective but rather a friendly piece of advice. Basically a different way of saying what was being messaged to you.

8. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

OK, so it wasn't necessarily a different perspective but rather a friendly piece of advice. Basically a different way of saying what was being messaged to you.
    If something has aborted fetal tissue involved in it's development, yea, it's something for me to worry about. Thanks.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

If something has aborted fetal tissue involved in it's development, yea, it's something for me to worry about. Thanks.
    Their message is saying it's ok. Therefore, I'm just saying you shouldn't feel guilty.

Look, these are your beliefs and I respect that. I'm not going to say anything more that may be misconstrued or taken the wrong way. It seems there has already been a misunderstanding over this.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 04:34 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Got shot 2 a little less than 24 hours ago. I have a sore arm, like the first time, and some slight cold-like symptoms. I have that weird tickly feeling where when you breathe in at times it feels like you need to cough.

But some others got fevers and chills and body aches, so I think I got off pretty well.

12. jimmy812, bsbll4, LAD-1972 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 12:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Unless I'm missing something, I don't believe the numbers are that cut and dry. And, yes, to a certain degree there is a decreasing number of hosts. But there are still a LOT of potential hosts. And, people have had Covid more than one time, so what does that say about running out of hosts?

30 million have had Covid. How reliable is the estimation that the number is 6 times higher, taking it to 180 mil?
    75 million have been vaccinated. So certainly some of the people who have had the virus have also received the vaccination. Wouldn't those stats overlap?
    So concluding that we are at 250 million out of 350 mill seems a bit of a stretch to me.

But we are definitely heading in the right direction.
    just stating what a head of a hospital infectious disease department said. Save my wife's life so going to give her the benefit of the doubt. Was just a general conversation not getting into the exact facts. She simply said its running out of hosts to infect.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

just stating what a head of a hospital infectious disease department said. Save my wife's life so going to give her the benefit of the doubt. Was just a general conversation not getting into the exact facts. She simply said its running out of hosts to infect.
    Got it. Well, I hope she's right. It's certainly an encouraging theory.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Their message is saying it's ok. Therefore, I'm just saying you shouldn't feel guilty.

Look, these are your beliefs and I respect that. I'm not going to say anything more that may be misconstrued or taken the wrong way. It seems there has already been a misunderstanding over this.
    No problem Jimmy. For whatever reason, we seem to be like oil and water. We should agree now to never date.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

16. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Got shot 2 a little less than 24 hours ago. I have a sore arm, like the first time, and some slight cold-like symptoms. I have that weird tickly feeling where when you breathe in at times it feels like you need to cough.

But some others got fevers and chills and body aches, so I think I got off pretty well.
    Thatís good news! A few people that we know in the health care profession had more side effects with Pfizer. High temps, chills, etc.

18. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by James in New York View Post
    My dad passed early this morning after his long battle with pneumonia then covid.
    Sorry to hear about your Pop. Iím hoping you were able to be with him. Sadly, thatís not always the case.

20. James in New York Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

No problem Jimmy. For whatever reason, we seem to be like oil and water. We should agree now to never date.
    Deal.

22. BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post