2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 903
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,779
Page 903 of 956 FirstFirst ... 403803853893900901902903904905906913953 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,545 of 14329
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    You would imagine they could clear their schedule of any other pressing matters given urgency of all this, right? I don't know who is specifically holding the red tape at the moment, but it's basically a moral imperative for them to be working 18 hour days considering the circumstances.
    I think it was Moderna where they gave them three weeks to get their paperwork ready and Moderna said it's ready we don't need three weeks and the FDA said well, it's on the schedule, so why change?

Seriously, burn it to the ground and start over.

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

So I had my first major run-in with an idiot in a grocery store who wouldn't wear a mask.

I was in line about to pay for groceries when the clerk noticed this guy in a motorcycle outfit w/no mask doing self-checkout in the next isle over. The clerk tells the guy he needs to wear a mask if he's in the store and offered to get him one if he didn't have one. The guy gets all pissy saying "you don't know what you're talking about, you have no jurisdiction over me, it's all about control, blah blah blah." He starts loudly arguing with the clerk who seems like he immediately regrets saying anything at all. I pop off telling the guy to stop being an asshole which set him off and he comes around and tells me to mind my own business and proceeds to throw his helmet at me which missed and went flying down the isle. I'm saying "take your shot" and at that point 3 other clerks surround the guy trying to get him out of the store and it just gets more and more chaotic. Knowing cops are going to show up at any minute, I decide it wasn't worth it and walked out.

I just don't get people these days.

3. jimmy812, YankeeRose, KS 5150, MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

Today @ 04:41 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    So I had my first major run-in with an idiot in a grocery store who wouldn't wear a mask.

I was in line about to pay for groceries when the clerk noticed this guy in a motorcycle outfit w/no mask doing self-checkout in the next isle over. The clerk tells the guy he needs to wear a mask if he's in the store and offered to get him one if he didn't have one. The guy gets all pissy saying "you don't know what you're talking about, you have no jurisdiction over me, it's all about control, blah blah blah." He starts loudly arguing with the clerk who seems like he immediately regrets saying anything at all. I pop off telling the guy to stop being an asshole which set him off and he comes around and tells me to mind my own business and proceeds to throw his helmet at me which missed and went flying down the isle. I'm saying "take your shot" and at that point 3 other clerks surround the guy trying to get him out of the store and it just gets more and more chaotic. Knowing cops are going to show up at any minute, I decide it wasn't worth it and walked out.

You are right, some people just don’t get it. Most places you need to wear some type of footwear to enter as well. I would rather wear the mask than be in a hospital on a vent.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 07:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

Wow
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I get it. I try not to get involved anymore, because you never know, the guy could be waiting for you in the parking lot, following you home and pulling out a gun on you.

But sometimes, people just need an ass whooping.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Yikes. I'm sure the clerk actually appreciated you saying something.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Guaranteed the dude doesn't put away his shopping cart, he just leaves it next to where his car was parked.

It's a lock.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

9. I Coulda Hada VH, bsbll4 Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 06:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Guaranteed the dude doesn't put away his shopping cart, he just leaves it next to where his car was parked.

It's a lock.
    Another member of the dregs of society.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

11. Raldo Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Had a guy go off on me for telling him he needed to wear one as the sign on the door said and it immediately turned into me being a democrat who hates black people. I was waiting on the dude to go all Mel Gibson on me but he didnít.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 07:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked

So Dr.’s are recommending women get a mammogram prior to getting the vaccine, due to swollen lymph nodes in the breast that mimic Breast Cancer...a mammogram after the vaccine may result in a false positive for Breast Cancer requiring a biopsy for verifications.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Some encouraging vaccine numbers are rolling in. The US has 24 million people that have completed both doses which is way more than anyone else in the world--by a lot. Still a long way to go, but that means we're closing in on roughly 10% of the population being completely vaccinated, and those 10% would include the people that are both the most susceptible to infection (aging population, people with pre-existing conditions) as well as the people most likely to get infected and spread it (front line workers). Meanwhile, we're seeing a steady decline in positive cases here in Missouri. We're down to levels we haven't seen since last summer.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/p...t&region=World
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:03 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Pfizer #2 tomorrow. We had a family gathering last Friday night with 4 vaccinated households, except for kids. Was kind of nice to do again.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Pfizer #2 tomorrow. We had a family gathering last Friday night with 4 vaccinated households, except for kids. Was kind of nice to do again.
    I'm taking my parents, who are both in their upper 70s to an appointment on Thursday to get vaccinated. I'm very excited as they have ben more or less shut-ins since last Spring.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 06:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Thee King400,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Somebody get me a shot!

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

18. BlindtotheWorld, Elwood P. Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Yikes. I'm sure the clerk actually appreciated you saying something.
    Actually, I doubt it as my comment made the guy go ballistic. He struck me as someone who was probably looking for attention if not a confrontation which of course he got. After I left, I was second-guessing myself and regretted opening my piehole. On the other hand, I'm the kind of guy that has a really hard time looking the other way when someone is patently being a giga-douche even if it's not directly my business.