2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading - Page 943
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  2,654
Page 943 of 943 FirstFirst ... 443843893933940941942943
Results 14,131 to 14,136 of 14136
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:43 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Default 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I can understand why someone would be uncomfortable taking that vaccine. And while they say the best shot for you is whatever is available, I think people with a history of clotting problems or a family history of stroke should choose another vaccine. The AZ is safe for most but we have to be careful to gauge the risk of the client or else risk the vaccination program being hampered by the pulling of one of the available vaccines for complications.
    Perhaps, but how much of that is due to fear/based clicks on headlines intended to collect fear-based clicks and how much is based upon actual data we should be concerned about? Thatís the question.

And while the recipient may not care about the answer, itís a larger issue we need to address. Some media coverage has been downright awful on this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); Today at 09:44 PM.

2. Brett Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 10:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Perhaps, but how much of that is due to fear/based clicks on headlines intended to collect fear-based close is and how much is based upon actual data we should be concerned about? Thatís the question.

And while the recipient may not care about the answer, itís a larger issue we need to address. Some media coverage has been downright awful on this stuff.

Oh the media in this world is the worst. I am embarrassed to say I am a journalism major. Iím glad I have never done anything in that field because what it is now is an absolute disgrace. I cannot stand the media, especially the American media. We are the worst offenders of this fear-mongering bs. Reporters have forgotten it is their duty to report the news fair and balanced without their idiotic bias. Thatís one of the basic tenets of journalism we are all taught in school.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

4. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Nobodyís given that shot here though. We have Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson and Johnson. Everybody knows that. Donít let people here use that as a yet another stupid excuse. Has nothing to do with the shots that we are given in this country.

I really do tire of the paranoia about not just this, but about everything. Every time something comes around that a majority of people think is a good thing or something, you know thereís a group of people that think the world is out to get them and they should never do it. And especially if the government tells you to do anything, we should absolutely never do it. And if you do it, you are a stupid lemming who canít think for themselves. Thatís pretty much just a given now in this world.

I just canít imagine living my life thinking everyone in the entire universe is out to get me and I must question every single thing I am requested or required to do in this world. And yet there are people who live their lives that way, and to me they are mentally ill and need help. Iím just kind of over the abject paranoia and excuses for it.
    Thereís a reason I asked what specifically was the problem between what this vaccine went through and what normally happens. I assume that, without specificity, the person doesnít actually know what wasnít done this time around to make this worth waiting it out.

Iíve looked into it. One, weíve been making vaccines for years. Two, a coronavirus vaccine was nearly ready with SARS. Three, the mRNA tech has been years in the works. So we did not start at the same ďzeroĒ point where a vaccine could take 10 years to approve.

We ran things simultaneously instead of consecutively. And we didnít even shorten it to the extreme Europe did by assessing paperwork on the fly. The FDA took the slower approach of full assessment upon application for emergency use.

Finally, vaccine long term side effects occur within 8 weeks. We tested that. And nada.

With all we know about vaccines, it made no sense to wait for extremely, extremely rare reactions that could occur years later. The risks simply do not outweigh the benefit and no one in their right mind would make any other call.

Thing is, I could legit change my mind if someone pointed to specific things the FDA didnít do this time around that show the risk is too great for the benefits. But Iíve yet to have anyone come up with one thing.

6. Brett Liked This Post
    Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 10:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Love you are preaching to the choir. This is the year 2021, we have been doing vaccines like this in this country for years and years and years. This isnít the dark ages. My God the flu shot that no one ever complains about isnít FDA tested or approved and you never hear anyone bitching about that. The amount of nonsense over this disease is mind-boggling. Just get the fucking vaccine and move along with your life. Iím sorry Iím not going to accept peopleís fear and paranoia on this. Because thereís no reason to have it. I have no real understanding why this disease has become so political in nature. Iím pretty sure Covid doesnít give a flying fuck what political side of the spectrum youíre on when you contract it.

Love youíre never going to see any legit proof because there isnít any. Someone will post the comments of some random doctor somewhere who people love and he says not to do it, and then all of a sudden heís an expert on it and we should all believe him. Thatís what you see. Add to that the host of other imbeciles who the government is tracking us with what they are injecting in us. As if they need another way to know where the fuck we are at all times. They already know!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

8. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 10:24 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Nobodyís given that shot here though. We have Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson and Johnson. Everybody knows that. Donít let people here use that as a yet another stupid excuse. Has nothing to do with the shots that we are given in this country.

I really do tire of the paranoia about not just this, but about everything. Every time something comes around that a majority of people think is a good thing or something, you know thereís a group of people that think the world is out to get them and they should never do it. And especially if the government tells you to do anything, we should absolutely never do it. And if you do it, you are a stupid lemming who canít think for themselves. Thatís pretty much just a given now in this world.

I just canít imagine living my life thinking everyone in the entire universe is out to get me and I must question every single thing I am requested or required to do in this world. And yet there are people who live their lives that way, and to me they are mentally ill and need help. Iím just kind of over the abject paranoia and excuses for it.

Itís like the people who have idiotic conspiracy theories for every horrible thing that happens in the world. They are people that canít live in the reality to me. They canít accept that horrible things just happen, and it isnít because of some gigantic conspiracy. They just canít accept that the world is a terrible place sometimes, so they hide behind conspiracies.
    I blame Axel ...

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Oh the media in this world is the worst. I am embarrassed to say I am a journalism major. Iím glad I have never done anything in that field because what it is now is an absolute disgrace. I cannot stand the media, especially the American media. We are the worst offenders of this fear-mongering bs. Reporters have forgotten it is their duty to report the news fair and balanced without their idiotic bias. Thatís one of the basic tenets of journalism we are all taught in school.
    Hereís an example from today.

Headline: ďSouth African variant can Ďbreak throughí Pfizer vaccine, Israeli study says.Ē (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2BX0JZ)

First paragraph: ďThe coronavirus variant discovered in South Africa may evade the protection provided by Pfizer/BioNTechís COVID-19 vaccine to some extent, a real-world data study in Israel found, though its prevalence in the country is very low and the research has not been peer reviewed.Ē

Yet, on Twitter, one of the authors explains the study. ďÖTo summarize: we see evidence for reduced vaccine effectiveness against the British variant, but after two doses Ė extremely high effectiveness kicks in. We see evidence for reduced vaccine effectiveness against the S.A. variant, but it does not spread in Israel. We think that this reduced effectiveness occurs only in a short window of time (no B.1.351 cases 14+ days post 2nd dose), and that the S.A. variant does not spread efficiently. Thus, even more of a reason to get vaccinated and drive down cases to zero!Ē (Full thread: https://twitter.com/sternlab/status/...734711811?s=21)

I mean, what the Goddamn fuck, Reuters?!