Anthony/Azoff phone call details, including canceled tour rehearsal schedule
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 597
  1. #1
    Hot For Teacher
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    11,760
    Posts Per Day
    1.55
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    288
    Likes (Received)
    279
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default Anthony/Azoff phone call details, including canceled tour rehearsal schedule

    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mic...our-right-now/

    "The reason THE CIRCLE is taking a break right now is that if things would have worked out as they were starting to go and was planned, we would have been in pre-production rehearsals with VAN HALEN right now," Michael said (hear audio below).

    "I'm sure you know Sammy [Hagar] had made a statement [earlier in the year] saying I was offered [to do a tour with VAN HALEN]. And I can tell you, I spoke with [VAN HALEN's manager] Irving Azoff last October — that's when I first heard from him — and he asked if I would be interested in any kind of a reunion, and I told him, I said, 'Yeah.' I was finishing up a couple of shows with Sammy and I said, 'Yeah, I'd be interested to hear what you guys have going on. I've got these few dates left, and give me a call.' And I never heard a call back. And then, right after the first of the year, I got… [VAN HALEN singer] David Lee Roth's, Dave's business manager or lawyer, or something, got ahold of me about a meeting or something. And so at that point, I gave it over to our manager, because I didn't wanna start getting in this whole thing — I wanted to do it the correct way, especially after the way things went for me in 2004.

    "From what I've heard, and I haven't spoken to any of the guys, they were gonna try to plan a thing for this summer," Anthony added. "And for whatever reason… I was never… My people were never… They never got in touch with us about any kind of a contract or any kind of a meeting to discuss or whatever. And the next thing I knew, the plug got pulled on it."
    Little Dreamer

  2. #2
    Everybody Wants Some!!

    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    35,555
    Posts Per Day
    11.09
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    10.12.20 @ 06:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2194
    Likes (Received)
    2108
    Thanks (Given)
    22621
    Thanks (Received)
    19663

    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

    Default

    So much for those that said that nothing was going on.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  3. #3
    Hang 'Em High
    japeape's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.05.15
    Posts
    16,912
    Posts Per Day
    8.11
    Favorite VH Album

    II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

    08.06.20 @ 09:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    140
    Likes (Received)
    482
    Thanks (Given)
    8553
    Thanks (Received)
    13417

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mic...our-right-now/

    "The reason THE CIRCLE is taking a break right now is that if things would have worked out as they were starting to go and was planned, we would have been in pre-production rehearsals with VAN HALEN right now," Michael said (hear audio below).

    "I'm sure you know Sammy [Hagar] had made a statement [earlier in the year] saying I was offered [to do a tour with VAN HALEN]. And I can tell you, I spoke with [VAN HALEN's manager] Irving Azoff last October — that's when I first heard from him — and he asked if I would be interested in any kind of a reunion, and I told him, I said, 'Yeah.' I was finishing up a couple of shows with Sammy and I said, 'Yeah, I'd be interested to hear what you guys have going on. I've got these few dates left, and give me a call.' And I never heard a call back. And then, right after the first of the year, I got… [VAN HALEN singer] David Lee Roth's, Dave's business manager or lawyer, or something, got ahold of me about a meeting or something. And so at that point, I gave it over to our manager, because I didn't wanna start getting in this whole thing — I wanted to do it the correct way, especially after the way things went for me in 2004.

    "From what I've heard, and I haven't spoken to any of the guys, they were gonna try to plan a thing for this summer," Anthony added. "And for whatever reason… I was never… My people were never… They never got in touch with us about any kind of a contract or any kind of a meeting to discuss or whatever. And the next thing I knew, the plug got pulled on it."
    Would have been polite for the powers that be, to call him back.

    Mike was interested, and these permanent vacationers can't even follow through on that.
    Despite everything that was said & done, Mike was STILL interested.

    What do they want?
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

  4. Flying Ed thanked for this post.
  5. #4
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    30,691
    Posts Per Day
    4.99
    Last Online

    10.18.20 @ 11:45 AM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    247
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    5115


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Supremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Doesn’t matter. Somebody wasn’t up to it this year or last year.

  6. #5
    5150
    Hamnerhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.12
    Age
    51
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    557
    Posts Per Day
    0.17
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    The Full Bug
    Last Online

    10.19.20 @ 11:20 AM
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    250
    Thanks (Received)
    337

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    So much for those that said that nothing was going on.
    I'm of the opinion that there's always *something* going on-- we're just not privy to it.
    "There will always be a Holyfield or a Tyson, but there's only one Mohammad Ali. There will always be a new body building champion, but there's only one Arnold. And there's only one David Lee. I'm the fun in Van Halen, always will be." - David Lee Roth

    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...yarcwoiovu.jpg

  7. #6
    Bullethead

    Join Date
    04.16.10
    Age
    29
    Posts
    391
    Posts Per Day
    0.10
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    42
    Thanks (Given)
    25
    Thanks (Received)
    111

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardPadawan Praiser

    Default

    If Mike was actually going to be back in the band, I assume it was going to be the "Wolf opens" scenario, and since Wolf's album is the new Chinese Democracy I guess that just couldn't happen.

  8. Hide Your Sheep, DRFC thanked for this post.
  9. #7
    Runnin' With The Devil

    Join Date
    02.18.00
    Posts
    1,306
    Posts Per Day
    0.17
    Favorite VH Song

    Secrets
    Last Online

    10.06.20 @ 08:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Thanks (Given)
    171
    Thanks (Received)
    452

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    If Mike was actually going to be back in the band, I assume it was going to be the "Wolf opens" scenario, and since Wolf's album is the new Chinese Democracy I guess that just couldn't happen.
    Yeh most likely scenario
    Help a fellow fan out, watch my latest short film:
    https://amzn.to/2v4vZow

  10. #8
    Runnin' With The Devil
    VH1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.05.19
    Posts
    1,736
    Posts Per Day
    2.91
    Favorite VH Album

    All with Eddie
    Favorite VH Song

    All with Eddie
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Likes (Given)
    825
    Likes (Received)
    244
    Thanks (Given)
    1665
    Thanks (Received)
    622


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    RookieMaster PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    So much for those that said that nothing was going on.
    And yet that is exactly what is going on—nothing.

  11. Dr5115, rchop84, Bad to the Bone, Scott thanked for this post.
  12. #9
    #vhlinksmatter
    Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    47,366
    Posts Per Day
    9.24
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    315
    Likes (Received)
    1397
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Probably Sam's fault somehow. There... got that out of the way.

  13. #10
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Railrunner130's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.08.06
    Posts
    1,610
    Posts Per Day
    0.30
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 06:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    35
    Likes (Received)
    23
    Thanks (Given)
    333
    Thanks (Received)
    239

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Mike was interested, and these permanent vacationers can't even follow through on that.
    Permanent vacationers? Aerosmith? LoL....

  14. #11
    Hot For Teacher
    Little Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.25.99
    Age
    48
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    11,760
    Posts Per Day
    1.55
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Likes (Given)
    288
    Likes (Received)
    279
    Thanks (Given)
    2792
    Thanks (Received)
    2297

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

    Default

    They were gonna go with the "my manager talks to your manager" scenario and do a reunion with Mike without ever having to actually call Mike directly! I wonder what kind of vibe they would've had on stage. That's all we can do, wonder.
    Little Dreamer

  15. Bad to the Bone thanked for this post.
  16. #12
    Everybody Wants Some!!

    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    35,555
    Posts Per Day
    11.09
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    10.12.20 @ 06:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2194
    Likes (Received)
    2108
    Thanks (Given)
    22621
    Thanks (Received)
    19663

    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamnerhead View Post
    I'm of the opinion that there's always *something* going on-- we're just not privy to it.
    And in this case there definitely was something cooking much to the chagrin of those that were laughing at the idea.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 06.19.19 at 03:39 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  17. JUNGLE DRUMMER, PrideofPasadena thanked for this post.
  18. #13
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Sam Vs. Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.09.19
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    1,403
    Posts Per Day
    2.37
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Likes (Given)
    80
    Likes (Received)
    138
    Thanks (Given)
    543
    Thanks (Received)
    775

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserRookieWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    They were gonna go with the "my manager talks to your manager" scenario and do a reunion with Mike without ever having to actually call Mike directly! I wonder what kind of vibe they would've had on stage. That's all we can do, wonder.
    Yeah, maybe that's "business", but it's beyond lame. The fact that these guys can't even call each other up in person is sad.

  19. #14
    Bullethead

    Join Date
    04.16.10
    Age
    29
    Posts
    391
    Posts Per Day
    0.10
    Last Online

    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    42
    Thanks (Given)
    25
    Thanks (Received)
    111

    Achievements:
    Well-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsOld GuardPadawan Praiser

    Default

    The first meeting between Eddie and Mike would be so unbearably awkward. Knowing Eddie he would probably not feel guilty and maybe even expect an apology from Mike.

  20. #15
    Eruption
    NWA72's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.02.06
    Posts
    206
    Posts Per Day
    0.04
    Last Online

    10.09.20 @ 10:44 AM
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    20
    Thanks (Given)
    153
    Thanks (Received)
    319

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Props to Dave as it seems he has always been trying to get Mike involved somehow. From the Rolling Stone interview years back to this, comes across that he wants the original 4 to go out like they should.
    Last edited by NWA72; 06.19.19 at 04:07 PM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. the tour schedule looks pretty resting for them
    By Things Change in forum 2015 Van Halen Tour
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04.12.15, 07:18 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08.19.13, 10:44 AM
  3. The greatest prank phone call ever.
    By Leo Van Newhouse in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08.10.07, 04:20 PM
  4. time for a phone call Sam
    By jrjinerie@msn.com in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08.21.05, 05:52 AM
  5. Phone call gone bad...
    By el_jalepeno in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01.26.03, 08:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •