Van Halen helps Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Grey Cup Final?
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

10.16.20 @ 11:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life Points

Default Van Halen helps Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Grey Cup Final?

My nephew is the starting QB for Winnipeg in Canada. He played for Eastearn Washington in the WAC, and made the Cowboys roster until 5 linemen went down the week before the
    regular season started. Wound up in Canada. Donít feel
    Sorry for him. While heís not making Brady money, heís still getting paid millions to play a game.Most kidsí dream. Paid to play a sport!

Anyway, they beat Saskatchewan yesterday and are one playoff win left to make it to Canadaís Super Bowl (The Grey Cup) After my nephew threw a TD, the receiver was doing some air guitar. I asked him what was that about? and he said theyíve been playing Van Halen through there P.A. systems in the locker room and practice facility for the payoffs.

Tomorrow (actually just a little later this morning), Iíll be paying Jeff to overnight the mini Frankenstrat as an added good luck charm! Love those Canadians taste in music. In case you wondered, every team has to have a specific minimum number of Candadians on the field. Even then most are Americans. Johnny Manzel wound up in Canada this year. Got cut before catching on with another team that didnít make playoffs. Playing level is pretty good.

Pretty excited as I coached my nephew until high school and went on his recruiting trip with him when he was deciding where to play college ball.

The playoffs are on one of the ESPN channels Sunday even in the States if you are interested. I believe 1:30 (PST) next Sunday is my nephews game. Once you get used to some of the different rules, itís a better game to watch than the the NFL. No running clock, You can challenge a non call PI or a wrong called PI but once only, etc... Game moves quick with just enough reviews to prevent a bad call costing the game.

Go Blue Bombers!!!
    Last edited by Destructo3; 11.12.18 at 04:35 AM.

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

11.18.20 @ 06:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo3 View Post
    My nephew is the starting QB for Winnipeg in Canada. He played for Eastearn Washington in the WAC, and made the Cowboys roster until 5 linemen went down the week before the
    regular season started. Wound up in Canada. Don’t feel
    Sorry for him. While he’s not making Brady money, he’s still getting paid millions to play a game.Most kids’ dream. Paid to play a sport!

Anyway, they beat Saskatchewan yesterday and are one playoff win left to make it to Canada’s Super Bowl (The Grey Cup) After my nephew threw a TD, the receiver was doing some air guitar. I asked him what was that about? and he said they’ve been playing Van Halen through there P.A. systems in the locker room and practice facility for the payoffs.

Tomorrow (actually just a little later this morning), I’ll be paying Jeff to overnight the mini Frankenstrat as an added good luck charm! Love those Canadians taste in music. In case you wondered, every team has to have a specific minimum number of Candadians on the field. Even then most are Americans. Johnny Manzel wound up in Canada this year. Got cut before catching on with another team that didn’t make playoffs. Playing level is pretty good.

Pretty excited as I coached my nephew until high school and went on his recruiting trip with him when he was deciding where to play college ball.

The playoffs are on one of the ESPN channels Sunday even in the States if you are interested. I believe 1:30 (PST) next Sunday is my nephews game. Once you get used to some of the different rules, it’s a better game to watch than the the NFL. No running clock, You can challenge a non call PI or a wrong called PI but once only, etc... Game moves quick with just enough reviews to prevent a bad call costing the game.

Go Blue Bombers!!!
    Pffft...while I'm happy for your nephew....Got Ticats!!!! LOL! I am a diehard CFL fan and have had some iteration of season seats for the Hamilton Tiger Cats for many years. It truly is a more exciting game in a sloppy kinda way. The hardest thing for most Americans to get used to is all the motion. On most plays there are 5 receivers all running full speed towards the line of scrimmage and timing it perfectly with the snap of the ball. Talk about a running start!

But I'm very happy with your nephew...I despise the team they beat. Hopefully they win next weekend as well and then lose the last game to my Ticats.

PS: Manziel wasn't cut by the Tiger Cats...he was traded to Montreal when they had QB issues.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

3. edwardv, KS 5150 thanked for this post.
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.25.20 @ 01:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points

I always enjoy the Friday night CFL games that they televise here.

I'll have to check it out.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

5. KS 5150, jetguy5150 thanked for this post.
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 01:51 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I was a season ticket holder when the CFL expanded to the USA. Had a blast saw a lot of good ball with the CFL Colts/Stallions.We are the only US team ever to win a Grey Cup. In fact the owner sold their logo to the Denver Broncos after they folded. Jim Speros was a wild guy. He left town stiffing many he owed money to.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

7. KS 5150, jetguy5150, track 5 thanked for this post.
    Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Thanks for the clarification. I really never gave a shit about Maziel. Hence, my facts were not completely correct and I donít care!! .

Iím amazed how much more I like the Canadian game. It did take time to get used to the rules. And yes, so many receivers in motion at once was just wrong (at first!). I was a receiver in college so it made It even harder. ďAnyone can get open with 6 guys in the route all in motion toward the line before the snap!Ē You get the idea. LOVE the game now. Still loyal to my 49ers, but Iíd rather watch the Blue Bombers than the crap SF is putting on the field with so many injuries.

Weird connections to the CFL. 1. My Nephew who is from the Redding area and went to a Redding area high school obviously is a starting QB there 2. Ricky Ray went to my Redding rival high school. Canít say Iím a fan but heís from Redding. As you likely know Ricky has been in the league a while with several Grey Cup wins. And 3. Bo Levi Mitchel played at Eastern Washington. Took over for my nephew after he graduated. And, correct me if I am wrong but Bo Levi Mitchel has won 2 Gey Cups? Fucker had an 8 game winning streak against my nephew until the second to last regular season game this year which clinched the playoffs.

If you want to check out a horrific Joe Thiesmen type injury, Google
    Matt Nichols, Edmonton Eskimos injury. Brutal. Then he spends the next year recovering, makes it back and tore his ACL in his knee on a fluke play in the last pre-season game. Edmonton then went with Mike Reilly after both struggled
    With injuries. Shortly after my nephew was traded to Winnipeg.

If our teams meet in the Grey Cup, Iíll PM you and offer a friendly wager!

Cheers
    Last edited by Destructo3; 11.12.18 at 08:24 AM.

9. KS 5150, jetguy5150 thanked for this post.
    Runnin' With The Devil

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    I was a season ticket holder when the CFL expanded to the USA. Had a blast saw a lot of good ball with the CFL Colts/Stallions.We are the only US team ever to win a Grey Cup. In fact the owner sold their logo to the Denver Broncos after they folded. Jim Speros was a wild guy. He left town stiffing many he owed money to.
    Denver huh? Did not know that. Knew about Sacramento which lasted 2 years. I also heard they just decided to expand into Nova Sccotia and the competition was the newish St.Lewis stadium after the Rams left.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 01:51 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Here you go

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Here you go

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Give me my "D" back...

13. edwardv thanked for this post.
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

This is awesome! I'm a diehard Bombers fan as I grew up in Winnipeg, & watched yesterday's game. I saw the air guitar in the end zone & assumed it was related to the Banjo Bowl (long story). Love that it was an homage to EVH. Your nephew must be Matt Nichols? That's great, he's been a real stabilizing force for the team over the last few seasons Can't wait for next week, as Winnipeg takes on Calgary in the West Final.

EDIT: just reread your post & saw you named Matt as your nephew. I live in Calgary, and could loan him my homemade Frankenstein if that helps the team! I also have a luthier built Kramer 5150.
    Last edited by KS 5150; 11.12.18 at 09:15 AM.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Denver huh? Did not know that. Knew about Sacramento which lasted 2 years. I also heard they just decided to expand into Nova Sccotia and the competition was the newish St.Lewis stadium after the Rams left.

They're building a new stadium in Halifax for the CFL team. The likely team name is the Atlantic Schooners.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

regular season started. Wound up in Canada. Don’t feel
    Sorry for him. While he’s not making Brady money, he’s still getting paid millions to play a game.Most kids’ dream. Paid to play a sport!

Anyway, they beat Saskatchewan yesterday and are one playoff win left to make it to Canada’s Super Bowl (The Grey Cup) After my nephew threw a TD, the receiver was doing some air guitar. I asked him what was that about? and he said they’ve been playing Van Halen through there P.A. systems in the locker room and practice facility for the payoffs.

Tomorrow (actually just a little later this morning), I’ll be paying Jeff to overnight the mini Frankenstrat as an added good luck charm! Love those Canadians taste in music. In case you wondered, every team has to have a specific minimum number of Candadians on the field. Even then most are Americans. Johnny Manzel wound up in Canada this year. Got cut before catching on with another team that didn’t make playoffs. Playing level is pretty good.

The playoffs are on one of the ESPN channels Sunday even in the States if you are interested. I believe 1:30 (PST) next Sunday is my nephews game. Once you get used to some of the different rules, it’s a better game to watch than the the NFL. No running clock, You can challenge a non call PI or a wrong called PI but once only, etc... Game moves quick with just enough reviews to prevent a bad call costing the game.

Go Blue Bombers!!!
    He's not making millions but he's making a very good living playing a game. The Bombers are the team I cheer for when Toronto isn't contending (that happens alot).

CFL is a lot of fun and the players are great in the community 99 times out of a hundred. My university was the practice field for the Argos so I met a bunch of the guys. If Pinball Clemons (we stole him from you guys) could run for Prime Minister he'd win in a walk.

17. KS 5150 thanked for this post.
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

This is cool.

Back when I was a kid and ESPN first started they didnt have any of the Anerican sports league's broadcast rights. But the televised a lot of CFL football and football has always been my favorite sport so I watched a lot of the games.

Winnipeg was always my favorite team because I liked their colors and the helmets reminded me of the University of Washington. But I liked the other teams too like the Edmonton Eskimos and the Calgary Stampeders. I think some of the teams don't exist anymore or changed their names?

I even drew a bunch of their helmets one time and my dad saw them and asked me, "What teams are those?"

The game was always a little weird to me with only three downs, the bigger field and motion toward the LOS pre snap being legal, but fun.

I watched last year's Grey Cup live and I plan to do the same this year assuming I'm home when on.

19. It's Mike, KS 5150, track 5 thanked for this post.
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

01.07.21 @ 08:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock played in the CFL briefly for the Calgary Stampeders. Only played one game in Vancouver BC Place against the BC Lions. He made a Tweet earlier this year thanking coach Wally Buono for cutting him.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock played in the CFL briefly for the Calgary Stampeders. Only played one game in Vancouver BC Place against the BC Lions. He made a Tweet earlier this year thanking coach Wally Buono for cutting him.
    He was even a Sunshine Boy in the Calgary Sun newspaper lol: Awesome fanny pack

Last edited by KS 5150; 11.12.18 at 09:53 AM.

22. Get The Show On The Road, edwardv thanked for this post.
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    was actually a video he made. Was cool lesson for people ...

https://globalnews.ca/video/4384208/...-from-cfl-team