The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Boggles the mind that Marvel can have two great movies about Ant Man, but DC struggles to make good movies with Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

04.13.21 @ 12:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    It's DC.

They're still figuring out how to properly implode a gold mine.

One thing at a time.
    they've had the wrong people running DC for years and years.

I wish they would just put Geoff Johns in charge of the comics and movies at this point.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Boggles the mind that Marvel can have two great movies about Ant Man, but DC struggles to make good movies with Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman.
    They're missing a Kevin Feige. Somebody to stay the course and keep the vision in focus, at all times.

Different Directors? No problem. Different writers? No problem.

What Marvel has been able to accomplish in 13 years (since Iron Man) really has been nothing short of astonishingly brilliant. They took a bunch of superheroes that most people never cared about (at least not to the same extent as DC's properties) and they've turned them into legends.

While making billions, upon billions, upon billions, upon billions in the process.

Meanwhile, DC is still trying to learn to chew bubble gum and pee at the same time with their already legendary superhero properties.
    Last edited by MF5150; 02.27.21 at 07:04 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

4. Number 47 Liked This Post
    Super Duper Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Exclamation

I really like all of the DC movies except for 2. Batman & Robin & Batman vs. Superman.

The reason DC isn't as successful at setting up their movie universe as well as Marvel is easy. They rushed it. The put the Ben Affleck Batman in BVS with no solo movie first & Wonder Woman just showed up at the end of it out of nowhere!

Also in Justice League Aquaman, The Flash & Cyborg just appeared in it with no solo movie first!

Marvel took their time. Iron Man had 2 movies, the Hulk Cap & Thor had 1, & Hawkeye & Black Widow were also in movies before Avengers. So it was set up so that it was a big deal to see them all in one movie & you also had some connection to the characters first.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:25 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

There are already at least two Supermen in the DCU that are not Clark Kent... if they don't use those characters and just rewrite Clark... it's a major fuck up.

People say race and such shouldn't matter but that's a cop out. God forbid if they tried to cast Henry Cavill as Calvin Ellis... the outrage would be immediate and explosive... and probably destroy any number of jobs at the studio from writer to actors, etc.

Hey DC! Instead of trying to reinvent Superman... how about putting all that effort into an awesome Icon movie? Uh! Who? ...yeah, that's what I thought.

7. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

The only true black Superman!

10. billy007 Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

04.12.21 @ 09:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

I have no problem with everyone having there own adaptations. This is just the beginning of that.
    And I do like Jordan. Good actor. He's a comic book collector that gets it, as well.

I do, however, have a problem with the black dude set to write Superman. He comes off as hating white people.

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

04.12.21 @ 09:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

The thing that set the Marvel movies apart from DC, for me, was the humor. The Marvel characters have fun with each other. The DC characters are incapable of that. Everything is serious all the time. It's just always a depressing ride more than it is a fun ride. They need to change that formula.

I understand Batman movies have to be ark all the time (which has gotten a bit old for me) but the rest shouldn't be.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:30 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan Praiser75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofPasadena View Post
    The thing that set the Marvel movies apart from DC, for me, was the humor. The Marvel characters have fun with each other. The DC characters are incapable of that. Everything is serious all the time. It's just always a depressing ride more than it is a fun ride. They need to change that formula.

I understand Batman movies have to be ark all the time (which has gotten a bit old for me) but the rest shouldn't be.
    Batman doesn't always have to be dark. Look at the 1960's TV show
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Zack Snyder Explains the Difference Between His Superheroes and the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The long wait is almost over! After years of fan campaigns and reshoots, Zack Snyder's Justice League is finally coming to HBO Max this week. In honor of the big release, Snyder has been talking up his cut of the movie in various interviews. During a recent chat with The New York Times, Snyder was asked about the Marvel Cinematic Universe and he explained what makes those films different from the ones he has helmed for the DCEU.

"It’s obvious I take these characters and their mythology really seriously. I want them to be fully realized as characters, existing in that world. I don’t think that it’s cool to have fun at their expense. And there was a vision that we had, a complete universe, fully fleshed out, that we really wanted to take all the way," Snyder explained. "I knew it before 'BvS,' when we made 'Man of Steel.' Marvel is doing something else. They’re doing, at the highest level, this popular action-comedy with a heart. And they have that nailed. An effort to duplicate that is insanity because they’re so good at it. What DC had was mythology at an epic level, and we were going to take them on this amazing journey. Frankly, I was the only one saying that."

When asked if he ever thinks about taking the Marvel approach, Snyder replied, "No, not at all." He added, "I don’t know how to hit a ball any different than I hit it. A director has one skill — your point of view. That’s all you have. If you’re trying to imitate another way of making a movie, then you’re on a slippery slope."

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/zack-s...eroes-and-mcu/

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:45 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Really looking forward to Thursday evening at about 6:00pm settling into my easy chair and watching four hours of Justice League.

Hope it's good.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

The thing that interests me about this ZS Justice League release is the question of just how much new material was shot for it? Is most of this movie compiled from the cutting room floor that Joss decided not to use?

Cause if they shot loads of new scenes and added characters (ie. Joker, Darkseid) and updated CGI/special effects...They’ve essentially just re-done a not very good movie that was critically panned, had poor special effects and wasn’t planned out very well. Basically just a “Oh. The last one sucked. We’re gonna just have a do-over...under the guise that this is Snyder’s Cut”.

If that’s the case it’s not a re-cut as much as it’s a completely new movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Screen Junkies non-spoiler review last night was that it is better. But they also said it's literally told in chapters, so they thought it would be better received as a mini-series rather than a 4-hour film.

My take on the DC v. Marvel film franchises is that Marvel's approach seems to be that super heroes are, themselves, pretty silly. So the movies don't take themselves that seriously. And they embraced humor, especially after the first Guardians of the Galaxy film. They also seemed to match the right creative team with the right franchise, whether it was Gunn with Guardians, Favreau with Iron Man, or Waititi with Ragnarok.

That's not that you can't take them seriously, but I think Batman is the best one for that and you had a legendary filmmaker doing that series (Chris Nolan). I thought the first half of Man of Steel was really good (but the second half was just CGI characters fighting and destroying CGI buildings and it got boring). Because Goyer wrote that film and Nolan produced it, it seems to me the smart play would have been to piggy back on Nolan's Batman trilogy and Man of Steel and go in that direction. Serious, but it a way that is grounded and real. Instead they stayed earnest with these ludicrous things like Batman and Superman coming to an understanding because their moms have the same name.

The best thing they could do at this point is have this separate films like Joker and The Batman and see where it takes them. Unfortunately, it still exists alongside the Suicide Squad sequel/reboot with an entirely different Joker that is also (I think) in Justice League.

Part of seeming haphazard is that they are, in fact, doing this haphazardly.

18. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Edit-delete