Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    A day after a madman kills 20 kids in a school, if someone is dumb enough to head to a school armed. Well, what's that old saying? Fuck around and find out. Well he fucked around. I can't imagine any parents (outside of his) will shed a tear.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    This multiplied by 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

2. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Today @ 06:43 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterMaster PraiserRookie25,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    If only the cops in texas had a similar thought process.

All cops should be that way.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 05:47 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    All cops should be that way.
    Yup. And you know who should most support that? Non gun owners like me who expect cops to keep law and order. I expect my cops to be kind to kids and killers when dealing with criminal riffraff. If you have a weapon and a cop tells you to drop it, you drop it immediately or they drop you in a flood of bullets. I don't care what the backstory is and neither should they. The fact this is even a debate at times is sickening.

5. MF5150, MD 5150, ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I will admit any of my "theories" are simply me trying to look at it outside of the typical solutions that are being presented by the left and right. Just tired of the political talking points.

Concerning Mental Health I certainly don't dimiss a subset is due to that but I also look at it as a lazy excuse. I hope this comes out right. I look at it like physical health. Our population is relaly out of shape. I am one of them. High Cholesteral, heart issue, diabetuuus, etc. Part of the reason why the US had such worse numbers for COVID death rates was due to the unhealthy population. A person being 300lbs who can't jog a mile is going to typically fare worse than a 150lb guy who can run 5k. Our population is likely far worse in performing physical tasks than most countries. Is it due to problems with our physical health? Yes. However it can be tied to obesity. That is the cause which is under physcial health.

Same with this. Do these people suffer mental issues? Yes but its a subset underneath causing it. Envorinment. Obviously some people are bi-polar, suffer depression, etc but I do think those are likely rarer than what people think.

Our politicians and and the media experts are simply coming up iwth ideas to improve our physica health by banning anything made by Hostess. Now would our health improve? Yeah a little bit but then we eat other stuff. Maybe ban sugar but use sugar alternatives which simply just fool your body that you have sugar. You need to have kids eat healthy at home. You need them to be active outside. You need them to put down the video game. You need to have them participate in ad hoc sports. Same with adults. You can't work on your ass all day and then afterwards sit in front of the TV. You have to eat good food all day. Need to exercise or be active. You need to lose weight or try to.

Yeah mental illness is a part but then again all shrinks do anymore is medicate. Do we really get to problems? No. Its just medication which isn't a cure. Its a band aid
    Agree with your points. There's definitely something to the mental illness side--I wasn't disputing that. My take was just that it may not be as prominent as we think. But then, you'd have to be fucked up to think about engaging in a mass shooting.

As I've said before, and we've all collectively mentioned here, there are many variables that go into this issue. But guns are not exclusive to the US, despite us owning 40% of the world's guns. Mental illness is not exclusive to the US. Yet our country is seemingly the only one that has so many mass shootings, or maybe I should say no other country comes close to our level of mass shootings.

There is a gun culture in our country. For cryin' out loud, politicians are making ads featuring themselves holding or shooting various firearms. There shouldn't be anything wrong with that, but there kind of is, isn't there?

Due to 2A, the guns aren't going anywhere and I don't believe they should go anywhere. However, as some of us also mentioned, some of them should never have been made available for civilians. Banning a certain kind now would help minimally--but there are 400 million guns out there in our country.

Again, I'm not solely blaming the guns (I want to be clear about that), but there's no denying they're part of the culture in this country. Accessibility is the bigger problem. Not everyone should be wielding them.

7. ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Almost every one of these mass shooters purchased the guns shortly before committing the act. Itís not like they had an arsenal for years and just decided one day, ďHey. Iím going to open up in a schoolĒ.

The majority of the owners of those 400 million guns are law-abiding, gun loving Americans who wouldnít hurt a fly. Donít punish them.

But to think that there are no measures that could be put in place to limit the access to these things moving forward is simply asinine and itís a willful defeatist mentality that I just cannot understand as a conscientious observer, IMO.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

9. MD 5150, Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Despite ample school security plan, Texas shooter found gaps

Robb Elementary School had measures in place to prevent this kind of violence. A fence lined the school property. Teachers were ordered to keep classroom doors closed and locked. Students faced regular lockdown and evacuation drills.

But when an 18-year-old man arrived Tuesday at the school in Uvalde, Texas, intent on killing children, none of it stopped him.

Security failures allowed the shooter to massacre 19 students and two teachers, school safety experts say. The shooting already has led to calls to fortify schools further, on top of millions spent on equipment and other measures following earlier shootings. But more security offers drawbacks, with no guarantee of an end to mass violence. In the worst case, as in Uvalde, it could backfire.

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-sc...008b0ea8c51b65
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

06.21.22 @ 06:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    RookieWell-Liked2,000 VHL Life Points

Even if you arm teachers and say keep the gun under the desk these crazy shooters just going to shoot the teacher first. It would obviously help if say another teacher was in another classroom and came in playing hero firing so yes teachers should be armed. The solution for schools though is having security guarding the school and making sure all doors are locked to help prevent these kind of shootings. Nothing can completely stop them though these crazed shooters will always find a way. It won't be cheap though to pay a security guard to risk his life watching over a school. This really all comes down to morals but when stuff like this happens all the time you have moral decay in society and it's a really sad thing. All you can do is pray for peace and love in humanity.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Officials say Texas gunman entered unimpeded as anger mounts over police response

The suspect crashed his pickup truck outside the school at 11:28 a.m. (1628 GMT), opened fire on two people at a funeral home across the street, then scaled a fence onto school property and walked into one of the buildings through an unlocked rear door at 11:40 a.m. (1640 GMT), Escalon said.

Two responding officers entered the school four minutes later but took cover after Ramos fired multiple rounds at them, Escalon said.

The shooter then barricaded himself inside the fourth-grade classroom of his victims, mostly 9- and 10-year-olds, for an hour before a U.S. Border Patrol tactical team breached the room and fatally shot him, Escalon said.

The hour-long interval appeared to be at odds with an approach adopted by many law enforcement agencies to confront “active shooters” at schools immediately to stop any further bloodshed.

https://www.france24.com/en/americas...olice-response

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

I donít get why anyone would want to kill kids. I mean I could see if you were a high school student and you did it at your school. But I donít get why anyone would want to harm kids.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Saw some footage of a anti-gun protest in Hollywood today. One Mensa candidate being interviewed was going on and on about gun violence while holding a sign saying "Defund The Police."

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Default Today's mass shooting is brought to you by.......

delete

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    I don’t get why anyone would want to kill kids. I mean I could see if you were a high school student and you did it at your school. But I don’t get why anyone would want to harm kids.

It's good that we cannot understand such a thing. Sadly, the shooter was a kid himself. Pure evil, but still a kid. Lanza was just 20 yrs old. Lot of these scumbags are so young...and so angry. Prime of their life and they'd rather throw it away being locked up forever or dead.

17. edwardv Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

06.19.22 @ 05:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Knight Of Da RoundtableMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life Points

I learned something about this shooting that made my blood run ice cold
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

The Federal Govt. should put up a front well-developed online video game, that is based on shooting things up. They then can monitor and track all who get off on it, and monitor the chat rooms for the game.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

US Justice Department spokesman Anthony Coley said the review would be conducted in a fair, impartial and independent manner and the findings would be made public. The announcement came as President Joe Biden was visiting Uvalde, where he and first lady Jill Biden paid their respects at a memorial to the 19 students and two teachers killed at Robb Elementary School on Tuesday.

The goal of the review, which the mayor requested, is ďto provide an independent account of law enforcement actions and response that day, and to identify lessons learned and best practices to help first responders prepare for and respond to active shooter events,Ē Coley said in a statement.

Handling the review is the departmentís Office of Community Oriented Policing Services. It was not immediately clear how the review would be conducted, whether law enforcement officials could be compelled to cooperate in the review and when it might be completed.

https://apnews.com/article/texas-sch...cde1c909d31fa7