Posts Per Day
    Last Online

10.11.20 @ 03:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Default 25 or 6 to 4

Our encore song from the Simple Sin show Friday nite (opening for The Black Clouds) at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park NJ. I'm playing the sunburst strat. Soundboard mix... Thanks!

~E

Last edited by EJC; 03.26.17 at 09:51 PM.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 08:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Nice, the chick was digging your solo!

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 03:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Great job.

I like your singer too, nice job by the whole band.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 08:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default 25 or 6 to 4

Sounded nice man good quality recording. Nice solos. That Strat had a great tone.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Thanks guys! Thanks Brett. Our singer was a little buzzed and forgot most the words... He hits the notes though, so I don't care if he sings his grocery list.
    My rig was a Mexican strat with a DiMarzio FastTrack2, Babicz FCH bridge, into a Carvin V3M 50w head... I had an MXR delay in the loop but I don't use it on that song.
    Thanks for the views....

There were over 100 people there, at least half for us. One thing I've noticed, people don't really go near the stage anymore... They hang back by the bars so they can dick around on their phones and whatnot. As long as they show up and drink, that's all the promoter cares about...
    Last edited by EJC; 03.27.17 at 10:07 AM.

6. JUNGLE DRUMMER thanked for this post.
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.24.20 @ 09:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    Our encore song from the Simple Sin show Friday nite (opening for The Black Clouds) at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park NJ. I'm playing the sunburst strat. Soundboard mix... Thanks!

~E

Great version of a really fun song!
    Your singer (as I've said before) has a really cool and melodic voice. Loved some of those notes he hit.

Both you guitarists are really, really good. You made that Strat sing, Eric! Fantastic stuff.
    Wicked soloing, and the tone really popped as well.

You can see someone off to the left clearing focused on you, while cell phone/camera recording. Not to mention the female inspiration at the start of your lead licks! LOL.
    Gotta love the rock star "toss a pick into the crowd" moment at the finale... Looks and sounds like a great gig!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Thank you RR, I appreciate the kind comments. I wish those were random girls, but the one filming is my girlfriend, and the other 2 blonde muppets are her crazy sisters. I have them trained to go crazy when I step to the front to solo... lol. The guys in the band love it...

The little kid I tossed my pick to was my best friends son who is a pretty damn good guitar player himself at 12 years old. There were quite a few people there, prob around 120-ish, but most don't come near the stage and PA speakers like we all used to as kids...oh well. Great show regardless. Thanks again guys....

9. JUNGLE DRUMMER, Brett, RRvh1 thanked for this post.
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

11.24.20 @ 01:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

Cool.
    Nice to see that song getting some love.
    That strat sounds pretty good. Probably gonna be my next guitar.

Emperor of VHLinks.com
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 08:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King

Default 25 or 6 to 4

Thanks guys! Thanks Brett. Our singer was a little buzzed and forgot most the words... He hits the notes though, so I don't care if he sings his grocery list.
    My rig was a Mexican strat with a DiMarzio FastTrack2, Babicz FCH bridge, into a Carvin V3M 50w head... I had an MXR delay in the loop but I don't use it on that song.
    Thanks for the views....

There were over 100 people there, at least half for us. One thing I've noticed, people don't really go near the stage anymore... They hang back by the bars so they can dick around on their phones and whatnot. As long as they show up and drink, that's all the promoter cares about...
    That Mexican Strat sounded great. Shit dude our singer forgets his own lyrics and he's been sober. Haha. It happens to everyone it's not that important. You guys did a great job turning that into a hard rock tune.

I've had some people tell me it's hard to get close when we play because we're too loud. Well wtf there are sound guys controlling it too. And exactly as long as they drink and cheer at the end I'm good.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - The Internet's Largest Van Halen Fan Forum
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Check Out My YouTube Guitar Videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar
    Direct Link To Subscribe To My Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/banoneguitar?sub_confirmation=1

Join the VHLinks Facebook Group!

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

We have had mostly really good experiences at The Stone Pony. Not sure what was going on Friday, but everything was kind of screwed up. The headline band, wanted to do a full band sound check before us. It made no sense because they had to tear all their shit down again and then set it up later. Nobody knew what the point of the soundcheck was. Our drummer was struggling setting up his kit cuz he hadn't played live in 15 years. We got like a 20 second sound check cuz there was a line outside and they wanted to open the doors. They never really adjusted our monitors. We had so many friends there and were so amped up we didn't think to ask them to adjust the monitors after the first song. Then I didn't realize until I saw pics after the show, they never gave us the full light show. Just yellow lights on the whole set. We had a pretty good set, and the promoter was very happy with our ticket sales. We sounded okay. Not great, not bad. All things considered, especially the drummers first live gig in 15 years, it was a good nite. I struggled a bit with my tone earlier in the set. Then I just killed my mids and went all Metallica and justice for all and I could "feel" my guitar tone more... The other guitar player is really mid rangey so I try to sound opposite of him. I have to start bringing my list with me before gigs to make sure I can hear everything I need to in the monitors, and lights are going, etc... I was all amped up on a Monster energy drink and adrenaline, I totally forgot a bunch of checklist shit....

Anyway, for me at least - that song is a tribute to Terry Kath, one of the most amazing electric guitar players to every walk the face of the earth. Please watch his solo starting at 2:58 and tell me its not one of the most beautiful things you've heard. And its 19 friggin 70

Last edited by EJC; 03.27.17 at 10:25 PM.

13. PrideofPasadena thanked for this post.
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Yo EJC, I may have missed it but how was the turnout?

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.24.20 @ 09:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank you RR, I appreciate the kind comments. I wish those were random girls, but the one filming is my girlfriend, and the other 2 blonde muppets are her crazy sisters. I have them trained to go crazy when I step to the front to solo... lol. The guys in the band love it...

The little kid I tossed my pick to was my best friends son who is a pretty damn good guitar player himself at 12 years old. There were quite a few people there, prob around 120-ish, but most don't come near the stage and PA speakers like we all used to as kids...oh well. Great show regardless. Thanks again guys....
    Oh man, I hear ya!
    I've got very old footage as well, where the crowd was hopping, yet very few would come up close to the stage.

Very cool that you have your "inner circle" trained to play the part. It's all part of the show, baby!
    And 100-120 people in a bar setting is a great crowd for most of us. Hope your following keeps getting bigger. Love the videos!

Just a question - were you selling copies of your EP at this or any other gig, or is it strictly an online format only?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - A very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

The Stone Pony is actually a pretty big venue. Its famous because I guess Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi kinda got their start playing there... It probably holds like 500 people I'm guessing. In the summertime they do the outdoor stage overlooking the Ocean. 311 will be there amongst others. I have a few other shows there in the works that I will def talk about if they come through. Its really like getting to live a little bit of Rock and Roll history to play there.

http://stoneponyonline.com/info/history.html

"In order to the play the Pony you have to have a certain level of talent," said Lee Mrowicki, the club's veteran DJ and unofficial historian. "No matter how much talent you've got, you have to be recognized by an audience and have people that support you."
    The wave of the future was the "national act" in concert at the Pony. Legendary performances included stars on the way up such as Stevie Ray Vaughn, Elvis Costello, The Ramones, Cheap Trick, Skid Row, Blondie, The Stray Cats and Winger. Other artists who took to the Pony stage included Meatloaf, Todd Rundgren, Jimmy Cliff, Joan Jett, Blue Oyster Cult, Gregg Allman, Dickie Betts, Ace Frehley of Kiss, Levon Helm, Robert Gordon, Johnny Winter, Vanilla Fudge, David Johansen (a.k.a. Buster Poindexter), Mink DeVille, Dion, Ronnie Spector and Mountain. Van Morrison used the club for the shooting of a music video because of its "cool atmosphere."
    According to the former vice president of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Robert Santelli, "the club has already earned its place in history as one of rock 'n' roll's great venues. Most rock critics and historians that I come in contact with on a regular basis feel that The Stone Pony is one of greatest rock clubs of all time."

We don't sell hardcopies of the EP. Nobody seems to use CDs anymore. Its just for sale on Amazon, iTunes, Reverbnation, etc. I have it on my Spotify playlist as well if you use that ap.

Fudd, we had about 60 of our fans there and probably another 60 for some other bands...

Thanks for the interest guys... I'll def post another video from the show when we get one together...

~E
    Last edited by EJC; 03.28.17 at 09:39 PM.

17. Brett thanked for this post.
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

11.24.20 @ 01:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

We have had mostly really good experiences at The Stone Pony. Not sure what was going on Friday, but everything was kind of screwed up. The headline band, wanted to do a full band sound check before us. It made no sense because they had to tear all their shit down again and then set it up later. Nobody knew what the point of the soundcheck was. Our drummer was struggling setting up his kit cuz he hadn't played live in 15 years. We got like a 20 second sound check cuz there was a line outside and they wanted to open the doors. They never really adjusted our monitors. We had so many friends there and were so amped up we didn't think to ask them to adjust the monitors after the first song. Then I didn't realize until I saw pics after the show, they never gave us the full light show. Just yellow lights on the whole set. We had a pretty good set, and the promoter was very happy with our ticket sales. We sounded okay. Not great, not bad. All things considered, especially the drummers first live gig in 15 years, it was a good nite. I struggled a bit with my tone earlier in the set. Then I just killed my mids and went all Metallica and justice for all and I could "feel" my guitar tone more... The other guitar player is really mid rangey so I try to sound opposite of him. I have to start bringing my list with me before gigs to make sure I can hear everything I need to in the monitors, and lights are going, etc... I was all amped up on a Monster energy drink and adrenaline, I totally forgot a bunch of checklist shit....

Anyway, for me at least - that song is a tribute to Terry Kath, one of the most amazing electric guitar players to every walk the face of the earth. Please watch his solo starting at 2:58 and tell me its not one of the most beautiful things you've heard. And its 19 friggin 70

Wow! Never heard that version before. He was amazing for sure!