The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 07:34 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I didn't know if this should be put here or TV Show thread. Since its religious in nature, might as well here So if want to see a different but great series on Jesus, go watch The Chosen. While you can watch one episode on YouTube, you actually have to download an app called The Chosen and stream it to your TV via Fire, Roku, etc. Its free to watch but its a crowd funding show. Anyway you can look it up on how to watch if interested.

It tries to stay true to the Gospels but it also does fill in the blanks between with backstories, etc. Not a straight telling of the Gospels but nothing contradictory. Diverse cast and the whitest people in the show are Romans. Does present the disciples as real people with the baggage they had prior to meeting Jesus. Jesus is also depicted more "human" as far as his interactions with people. Anyway if you need a bit of a pick me up you might enjoy it. Most inspiring and entertaining series I have seen about Jesus
    I caught an episode of this and was pleasantly surprised. I have to go back and finish it.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 12:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

There are some very moving scenes in there that honestly got me a bit misty eyed. Just love the way they give a different version of characters that you have seen over and over again. You get to see the sinfulness of them prior. You get to see why they transformed to follow Jesus. Does a very good job with putting a human element to everything. On how you had to give up your life and everything you knew to follow. On top of it there is actually some humor thrown in which you never really see. Anyway since I never heard about it until 2 weeks ago, figured I would throw it in here

4. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    There are some very moving scenes in there that honestly got me a bit misty eyed. Just love the way they give a different version of characters that you have seen over and over again. You get to see the sinfulness of them prior. You get to see why they transformed to follow Jesus. Does a very good job with putting a human element to everything. On how you had to give up your life and everything you knew to follow. On top of it there is actually some humor thrown in which you never really see. Anyway since I never heard about it until 2 weeks ago, figured I would throw it in here
    When you mentioned the humor it made me think of this scene from The Passion Of The Christ. Obviously not in the Gospels but really exemplifies the mother and son relationship beautifully.

6. ziggysmalls, BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Nolte: Connecticut ‘Satanic’ Desecration Marks 11th Attack on Christian Church

John Nolte 18 Jul 2020

“St. Joseph’s Church … was vandalized this week, as an unknown individual or individuals painted ‘satanic’ and ‘anarchist’ symbols on its doors,” reports the New Haven Register.

According to St. Joseph’s pastor, Rev. John Paul Walker, the church was desecrated using pink paint, including a pentagram and the symbol for anarchy.

The church announced in a Facebook post:

Between the hours of 9 PM last night and 6 AM this morning, a person or group of persons had painted anarchist and satanic symbols on the doors of St. Joseph Church in New Haven. This follows an apparent trend of desecrating Catholic spaces throughout the nation, as evidenced by incidents in Chattanooga, Queens, Boston, Sacramento, and Ocala. The underlying motive of these sacrilegious attacks is clear: to intimidate and instill fear in the hearts of those who worship Christ.

After being shut down on Thursday, Walker said the church reopened Friday after being blessed with an exorcism prayer.

Walker told the New Haven Register that the vandalism occurred after “a disruptive individual had attended services in the days leading up to the incident, prompting calls to police.” Police confirmed a call about the disruptions.

News 8 confirms local police are investigating the vandalism incident.

The “apparent trend of desecrating Catholic spaces” referred to in the St. Joseph Facebook post is becoming a little more than apparent.

Here’s the rundown of attacks on the Christian church over just the last two months — ten in the last month — which coincides with the lawless rioting, vandalism, and looting at the hands of the corporate media’s and Democrat Party’s Brownshirts in the left-wing Black Lives Matter and Antifa terrorist groups:

July 16: Statue of Christ decapitated inside a Florida church

July 15: Statue of Virgin Mary decapitated outside Tennessee church

July 12: Statue of Virgin Mary lit on fire in Boston

July 11: Suspect arrested after detectives “say he plowed a minivan through the front door of Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Ocala, doused the foyer with gasoline and set it on fire, causing extensive damage”

July 11: Arson suspected in devastating fire at San Gabriel Mission in California

July 10: Statue of Virgin Mary desecrated with spray paint in Brooklyn

July 4: Statue of St. Junipero Serra toppled in Sacramento, California

June 20: Statue of St. Junipero Serra toppled in Los Angeles, California

June 19: Statue of St. Junipero Serra toppled in San Francisco, California

May 31: St. John’s Church firebombed in Washington, DC

St. Junipero Serra is a specific target — he founded the San Gabriel Mission 249 years ago — because of the lies going around about his treatment of missionary Indians at the time. The truth is that St. Junipero risked his life to bring God to the North American natives and even confronted his own government about their treatment. The smears against him are nothing short of a blood libel.

Anyway, remember when we were attacked as hysterics after we warned this madness would not stop with Confederate statues and monuments?

Once you allow any kind of lawlessness, it becomes a Pandora’s box. The establishment media and Democrats know this, which is why they applauded the tearing down of Confederate statues and then attempted to gaslight the public into believing it would stop there. The Church was always the ultimate target, which is why the media are now encouraging these attacks by ignoring them.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...istian-church/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 12:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    When you mentioned the humor it made me think of this scene from The Passion Of The Christ. Obviously not in the Gospels but really exemplifies the mother and son relationship beautifully.

Obviously the Gospels don't have every word that Jesus uttered. I know people get weirded out when something is shown of him that isn't portrayed in the books but he had to have been somewhat personable. It wasn't like he was a carpenter preaching to every person who came in for a table when he was an adult until he started his ministry. Plus when you think about it, while he had certain advantages being the Son of God, he had to be somewhat likable as well. While the message was of utmost importance, how you deliver it, how you interact with people, etc is a good part of drawing people to you.

9. CaboChris, BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Jesus had to have had the "it" factor.

11. ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Jesus also had to be "Elvis" good-looking at least 6 ft too. You can't be The Son of God and look like Ron Jeremy. Even God has his limits.

People don't follow ugly.

13. ziggysmalls, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Today @ 01:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Delete - moving post to the political threads.
    Last edited by BlindtotheWorld; 07.21.20 at 07:05 AM.
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 09:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

Default Sacrilege

Dumb liberal parish.
    Not surprised. I don't see a tabernacle anywhere in sight of the altar, and that can be a pretty good indication of a parish's tendency towards sacramental abuses.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Today @ 01:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post

Good Lord! Not surprising I hate to say. The priest of that parish needs to be pulled out of there for re-education. Restore orthodoxy to that parish.

The response to "the Body of Christ" is "Amen", not "whatever".
    "Problem is Van Halen doesn't miss you. Or me. Or any of us." - Little Dreamer

"So, Dave's in the same boat as the rest of planet Earth. He's no longer in a band that doesn't even exist." - I Coulda Hada VH

17. Wruff_ajax Liked This Post
    D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

Default Major Interview of Archbishop Viganò by Marco Tosatti

V

Viganò Interview With Tosatti, Full > https://catholiccitizens.org/issues/...marco-tosatti/
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

20. Wruff_ajax Liked This Post
    D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Excellent video. Hits the nail on the head. Sad and true.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

22. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Default Fifty Spiritual Homilies, Saint Macarius Of Egypt

Overflowing with wisdom. Extraordinary wisdom. Twelve hours of it.
    Hang with him through the first 7 min. He's setting it up for so much to come.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 08.16.20 at 10:28 AM.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

D.O.A.
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Default The Shroud of Turin: Detailed Analysis

Probably the most fascinating analysis of the Shroud I've seen to date.

International Institute for Advanced Studies of Space Representation Sciences:

http://istitutorappresentazionespazi...mid=62&lang=en
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 08.28.20 at 10:36 PM.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

25. bklynboy68, Elwood P. Liked This Post