The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 12:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Shouldn’t ‘Hamilton’ Get Canceled Next?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/toto-...mpaign=dwbrand
    I was thinking about this yesterday. Isn’t it amazing that just a few years ago the “woke” crowd was celebrating the shit out of “Hamilton”? Today the same knuckleheads want to remove any sign of history of our founding?

Imbeciles
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. japeape, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Today @ 10:50 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday. Isn’t it amazing that just a few years ago the “woke” crowd was celebrating the shit out of “Hamilton”? Today the same knuckleheads want to remove any sign of history of our founding?

Imbeciles
    That is such a good point, though i've always hated the Hamilton soundtrack.

We used to have to have it on rotation at B&N, and it was the most pretentious,
    awful thing i've ever heard.

Then, i remember, my sister in law saying:
    I started running daily, and the Hamilton soundtrack is my go-to
    to get pumped.

I could barely conceal an eye roll, LOL.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

4. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    That is such a good point, though i've always hated the Hamilton soundtrack.

We used to have to have it on rotation at B&N, and it was the most pretentious,
    awful thing i've ever heard.

Then, i remember, my sister in law saying:
    I started running daily, and the Hamilton soundtrack is my go-to
    to get pumped.

I could barely conceal an eye roll, LOL.
    Yeah, I can’t deal with that soundtrack except for one song. I think this is pretty brilliant.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Yeah, I can’t deal with that soundtrack except for one song. I think this is pretty brilliant.

You're a better man than me.

I truly despise all of it.

But i was never big into modern musicals, remember really disliking "Rent."
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

7. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

You're a better man than me.

I truly despise all of it.

But i was never big into modern musicals, remember really disliking "Rent."
    LOL

I’m with you on the rest of it, man.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I do not mean this to sound homophobic, but there’s something about an effeminate mans voice, talk-singing, is like nails on the chalkboard.

10. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 05:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Watched Hamilton this weekend, and when it was over was left wondering what the big deal was.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:50 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Not to employ prejudice, here, but I’m guessing a good section of this board isn’t predisposed to enjoying musicals

I think Miranda is brilliant. Not the best actor in the world, but I enjoy what he does and anyone who can freestyle the way he can will always amaze me. Turning the founders’ disagreements into rap battles is hilarious, and you’d think this would be a moment that could bring people together—celebrating the creation of the country using casting that’s representative of what the country has become, and can continue to strive to be.

The musical was very good, if a tad long, and a few of those people are going to be stars. It took watching the making of Frozen II to realize the voice of Kristoff is the guy from Netflix’s Mindhunters who also apparently originated the role of King George.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 10:57 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

There is only two musicals where people just spontaneously bust out into song I can tolerate. Willy Wonka and Scrooge (Finney).

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:08 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Not to employ prejudice, here, but I’m guessing a good section of this board isn’t predisposed to enjoying musicals

I think Miranda is brilliant. Not the best actor in the world, but I enjoy what he does and anyone who can freestyle the way he can will always amaze me. Turning the founders’ disagreements into rap battles is hilarious, and you’d think this would be a moment that could bring people together—celebrating the creation of the country using casting that’s representative of what the country has become, and can continue to strive to be.

The musical was very good, if a tad long, and a few of those people are going to be stars. It took watching the making of Frozen II to realize the voice of Kristoff is the guy from Netflix’s Mindhunters who also apparently originated the role of King George.

Watched it this weekend and I thought it was incredibly well done, I wasn’t sure how the different music stylings would fit into the story and that was the most creative part. I thought it was great

15. lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post

Miranda and company were too divisive off stage for it to bring everyone together. He hasn’t responded to the rise of “Should Hamilton be cancelled?”

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

When Harry Potter and Hamilton are being threatened with cancellation, you know it’s getting ugly.

18. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

When Harry Potter and Hamilton are being threatened with cancellation, you know it’s getting ugly.
    Stupid is more like it.

But oh the irony if Hamilton gets cancelled.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 07.05.20 at 11:07 AM.

20. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:50 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Miranda and company were too divisive off stage for it to bring everyone together. He hasn’t responded to the rise of “Should Hamilton be cancelled?”
    Wasn’t the vibe I got from the special features, but I also haven’t been caught up in Hamil-fandom to know much other than Miranda’s support of a Puerto Rican terrorist. We had tickets for July 1 and I’d only heard clips in newsreels or late night performances, etc.. This was about as fresh of a viewing one could have in 2020.

I long ago had to decide to separate artists from their art. If I had to think about Eddie being a dick or Tom Morello’s politics each time a song came on, I’d be left with nothing to listen to or watch.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points

Bro they are thinking-asking for PAW patrol to be cancelled. A harmless kids show about some pups doing stuff to help people.

It’s getting out of control.

Protest speed limits or something. No a fucking cartoon.

23. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post