Last Online

Today @ 11:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Must see TV nowadays. Wheres Anthony Wiener?
    In his hand?
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Whew! it made it.

ballot.PNG

3. BlindtotheWorld Liked This Post
    Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

Today @ 07:15 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingWell-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Whew! it made it.

ballot.PNG
    I received mine and then it was received by them as well. I think Ohio system has done a good job and am glad I was able to check whether it had been received. I was a bit skeptical sending it from Fl but the post office did fine as usual.

5. Number 47, Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Vaughn Meader's 'First Family:' The JFK Comedy Album That Disappeared

https://groovyhistory.com/the-first-...Eag6qvcIyEEf-U

Wow! I never knew the story of the album being pulled and destroyed after the assassination. I have an original copy in my collection that was my moms. Also have Button-Down Mind Of Bob Newhart. Both are basically wholesome, clean outdated comedy.

Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

Today @ 10:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable75,000 VHL Life Points

Default The Strange Death of Europe

Peter Robinson is joined by author and columnist Douglas Murray. Murray examines the most divisive issues today, including sexuality, race, gender, Islam, and technology, and how new culture wars are playing out everywhere in the name of social justice, identity politics, and intersectionality. Is European culture and society in a death spiral caused by immigration and assimilation? Robinson and Murray also discuss the roles that Brexit and the rise of populism in European politics play in writing immigration laws across the European Union.
    ☩ ☩ ☩

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Schumer: Barrett Confirmation ‘One of the Darkest Days’ in Senate History

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) said on Monday that Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation to the Supreme Court will "go down as one of the darkest days" in the Senate's history.

At the close of his speech ahead of the Senate's confirmation vote, Schumer lamented that "generations yet unborn will suffer the consequences" of Barrett's nomination and characterized Monday as "one of the darkest days in the 231-year history of the United States Senate."

While notably more civil than the last confirmation battle to confirm Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Democrats have sought to cast Barrett as a retrograde jurist and a political pawn of the GOP. They have argued, among other things, that a Barrett appointment to the Supreme Court would end Obamacare or provide President Donald Trump with an advantage in the event of a contested election.

Senate Democrats also lambasted Barrett for her use of the term "sexual preference" while discussing the Supreme Court case Obergefell v. Hodges, even though leading Democrats have used the term for years.

For her part, Barrett has sought to return focus to her originalist jurisprudence, arguing that her appointment would not lead to dramatic changes in Supreme Court precedent.

But when Republicans voted to approve Barrett's nomination last week, Democrats boycotted the vote, leaving in their empty seats poster pictures of constituents who would be harmed if Obamacare were overturned. Legal experts said it is highly unlikely the Supreme Court will undo the health care law.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/sch...eOH-TDCMbM3byk

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 07:07 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I think the battle for Europe is over, they just don't know they've lost yet.

They'll know in about 50 years.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Today @ 11:32 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Schumer: Barrett Confirmation ‘One of the Darkest Days’ in Senate History

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) said on Monday that Amy Coney Barrett's confirmation to the Supreme Court will "go down as one of the darkest days" in the Senate's history.

At the close of his speech ahead of the Senate's confirmation vote, Schumer lamented that "generations yet unborn will suffer the consequences" of Barrett's nomination and characterized Monday as "one of the darkest days in the 231-year history of the United States Senate."

While notably more civil than the last confirmation battle to confirm Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Democrats have sought to cast Barrett as a retrograde jurist and a political pawn of the GOP. They have argued, among other things, that a Barrett appointment to the Supreme Court would end Obamacare or provide President Donald Trump with an advantage in the event of a contested election.

Senate Democrats also lambasted Barrett for her use of the term "sexual preference" while discussing the Supreme Court case Obergefell v. Hodges, even though leading Democrats have used the term for years.

For her part, Barrett has sought to return focus to her originalist jurisprudence, arguing that her appointment would not lead to dramatic changes in Supreme Court precedent.

But when Republicans voted to approve Barrett's nomination last week, Democrats boycotted the vote, leaving in their empty seats poster pictures of constituents who would be harmed if Obamacare were overturned. Legal experts said it is highly unlikely the Supreme Court will undo the health care law.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/sch...eOH-TDCMbM3byk
    Lmao, the highlighted "unborn" comment would be laughable if it wasn't so disgusting thinking about the millions of unborn that Democrats gleefully celebrate being snuffed out year after year. Disgusting, vile pieces of shit like Schumer could very well be running every facet of government in 2021. Talk about darkest hours.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 09:05 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I don't understand the issue with the sitting president nominating a judge to the court - that's his job. Going after that judge and the process is flat out wrong.

I do understand people sayingMitch is a hypocrite. Because he is. He should be criticized for only doing his job when it's politically beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

12. ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 08:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Dark/Darkest Hours.... like when the ACA (Obamacare) was passed in the dead of night, without bi-partisan support??? That kind of "Darkness"???

Oh yeah, I remember that..
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

14. Rokgtar Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Florida Democrats expand push to fix flawed mail-in ballots

https://www.politico.com/states/flor...iz4ilMqR69DuMc

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I don't understand the issue with the sitting president nominating a judge to the court - that's his job. Going after that judge and the process is flat out wrong.

I do understand people sayingMitch is a hypocrite. Because he is. He should be criticized for only doing his job when it's politically beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    It's emotion. We have a friend in a group text. Doesn't want schools to open, thinks everything should stay locked down. I said we are following the guidelines of the top experts on the task force, the schools are working in conjunction with the local and state health departments and the CDC. The virus is never going away, people will always die, so you have to make decisions based upon some common sense and what the experts are telling you. And that's what we are doing.

The answer was no, keep them closed, but with no explanation as to when to open them. Which means that is emotions talking.

Same thing here, upset at Trump getting 3 nominees and playing politics to keep Obama's pick off the court even though he was a guy the GOP said they'd approve.

Ultimately, you elect a President for four years, and that includes the October before his term ends. Especially true in March before your term ends, and so I certainly understand why they are upset. Just have to take the loss and, if history is any indication, increase the partisanship when they have teh chance.

Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 09:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Florida Democrats expand push to fix flawed mail-in ballots

https://www.politico.com/states/flor...iz4ilMqR69DuMc
    Some people are assuming that fixing flawed ballots will only favor Democrats. I think you can assume that just as many flawed ballots will be Republican as Democrat. In a time when people who have never voted by mail are now voting by mail, I think it is only right to have some mechanism in place to fix flawed ballots otherwise you are just going to have a long drawn out "hanging chads" situation again. I think it is better to have a proactive approach to how this is going to be handled. and it should go this way for all states

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Today @ 12:48 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Ultimately, you elect a President for four years, and that includes the October before his term ends. Especially true in March before your term ends, and so I certainly understand why they are upset. Just have to take the loss and, if history is any indication, increase the partisanship when they have teh chance.
    The difference is that the Republicans controlled the Senate in 2016. Even if they allowed a vote, they would/could have not confirmed the candidate. You think the Dems would have confirmed Barrett if they had the Senate? If you aren't sure, just look at the vote. The only reason that the Dems allowed the delay in 2016 was because they were sure that Hillary would win and then they would surely have passed on Merrick for a more liberal judge. Poor decision on their part.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

19. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Some people are assuming that fixing flawed ballots will only favor Democrats. I think you can assume that just as many flawed ballots will be Republican as Democrat. In a time when people who have never voted by mail are now voting by mail, I think it is only right to have some mechanism in place to fix flawed ballots otherwise you are just going to have a long drawn out "hanging chads" situation again. I think it is better to have a proactive approach to how this is going to be handled. and it should go this way for all states
    The article mentions The Republican Party of Florida’s Our Secure Ballots operation and I placed it in the political Blotter as apposed to one of the party affiliated threads for a reason. Anyone who assumes anything just didn't read the article.