Last Online

Today @ 09:20 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior
    Last edited by Number 47; 02.23.17 at 10:14 AM.

. . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Flashback: Bill Maher Has History Of Defending Sex Between Adults and Minors

http://www.lifezette.com/referral/fl...fezette_buffer

. . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

HA HA HA HA HA…

Sorry.

Nope, not sorry.

HA HA HA HA HA ..

Let’s be honest, the greatest Oscars fiasco in history couldn’t have happened to a bunch of smugger, more deserving people.

All night, the theme of the Academy Awards had been one of truth.

The New York Times, America’s most self-satisfied, snobbish and unrelentingly Trump-bashing media entity led the way with a $2.5 million TV ad celebrating the very word itself.

‘The truth is hard,’ it began. ‘The truth is alternative facts are lies.’

It then listed a series of things it inferred President Trump has lied about, from Russian ties and his travel ban to climate change, before ending with this comically pompous piece of cynically commercial propaganda:

(Note: the Times is making tens of millions of dollars from its astonishingly partisan anti-Trump coverage - preaching, very lucratively, to an ever-expanding choir of subscribers desperate to gorge on its daily diet of deplorable Donald disasters.)

‘The truth is hard.

The truth is hard to find.

The truth is hard to know.

The truth is now more important than ever.’

It was a theme that thrilled the audience, packed mainly with equally elitist, snobbish, Hillary-loving celebrity actors.

And as the legendary Warren Beatty strode on stage with Faye Dunaway to present the final award for Best Picture, it was a theme he gleefully seized on to round off the night:

‘Our goal in politics is the same as our goal in art, and that’s to get to the truth,’ he solemnly declared.

The crowd cheered.

Of course they cheered.

Truth is what Hollywood’s all about, right?

Hmmm.

Forgive me if I laugh again?

Hollywood tells a good story, definitely.

But facts have never been its strong point. Time and again, movies abuse and bastardise historical events to suit its slathering need to drive box office cash.

I don’t object to that practice, because frankly, I just want to be entertained when I go to the movies.

But I do object when Hollywood pretends to stand for ‘The Truth’.

Just as I object when the New York Times pretends to be an impartial newspaper.

It’s not.

The Times is the media version of the Academy and its membership: an elite, preening organisation stuffed full of liberals that absolutely loathe all things Republican, and especially loathe Donald Trump.

This is why it was so delicious that the most spectacular, toe-curling, humiliating, hide-behind-the-couch moment to ever befell any awards show happened on the night they conspired to damn Trump with ‘The Truth.’

One only rivalled by my old friends at CNN instantly tweeting ‘breaking news’ that LA LA Land had won. Thus falling prey to the very charge of ‘FAKE NEWS’ of which Trump (wrongly, in my opinion) keeps accusing them.

Up until that catastrophe, it had been a rather boring Oscars with very little serious Trump-bashing.

Host Jimmy Kimmel took a few jabs at the President, but then he’s a late-night comedy host – that’s his day job.

Aside from that, there were a handful of digs about the travel ban (from an Iranian) and The Wall (from a Mexican) but none of the big award winners got political at all, which was a blessed relief.

Perhaps it’s finally sunk in that people are bored of hearing celebrities ranting about Trump, even if they didn’t vote or even like him?

And they’re even more fed up with the bitter, fractious divisions that have drowned America in acrimony since the election.

Indeed, Kimmel himself made a commendable plea for unity: ‘There are millions and millions of people watching right now and if every one of you took a minute to reach out to the person you disagree with, someone you like, and have one positive, considerate conversation, not as liberals or conservatives, but as Americans, if we could all do that we could make America great again. It starts with us.’

Halle-bloody-lujah!

So, against all expectations, the post-awards headlines were in serious danger of actually being about movies and who won the Oscars.

Well, apart from Nicole Kidman’s bizarre inability to clap, Dakota Johnson’s hideous gold Gucci dress, those random tourists bussed in to gawp at Denzel and Ryan, and the nauseating standing ovation for the increasingly self-congratulatory Meryl Streep (I suspect she gives herself enough of them in the mirror these days).

Oh, and Viola Davis’s speech, which included this absurd statement: ‘I became an artist, and thank God I did, because we are the only profession to celebrate what it means to live a life.’

Sorry, WHAT?

This is precisely what I mean when I bang on about Hollywood stars being completely out of touch with the real world.

Acting is obviously not the only profession to celebrate what it means to live a life.

What about nursing, midwifery, soldiering, heart surgery, teaching, or humanitarian work?

As with Meryl Streep’s Golden Globes sneer that football and MMA are not ‘real art’, Davis’s words came across as an arrogant smack in the teeth to the millions of hard-working people who pay to see movies and keep these actors in their mansions and private jets.

But then came Warren, bearing his trusty sword of truth, to decapitate Hollywood’s hubris.

From the moment he paused, staring quizzically at the card, I knew something weird was up.

Beatty’s been in the Hollywood game way too long to play the cliché-d ‘let’s sweat them out a bit’ game.

The rest is now Tinsel Town infamy.

Suffice it to say it’s now comfortably the most embarrassing piece of Oscars footage of all time, which when you consider that list includes James Franco’s entire hosting performance, is quite an achievement.

This disaster, though, may have done Hollywood a massive favour.

For what it proved is that the very same people who’ve spent the past year screaming that Donald Trump’s an ill-prepared ignoramus who never gets his facts right are in fact no better themselves.

As we British beer-drinkers like to say, if you can’t organise a p*ss-up in your own brewery, then it’s probably best not to lecture others on their competence.

Or rather, it might be helpful if those dispensing their lofty sermons on The Truth, trust and facts, actually practice what they preach.

Donald Trump’s not perfect, by any means.

He’s a flawed, maverick character brimming with bombast and braggadocio that crash-bang-walloped his way into the White House and is still clearly finding his feet as President.

But although I disagree with many of his political views, I respect the fact he won a free, democratic election.

And I think he should be given a chance to run the country without a howling Hollywood-led mob of hysterical liberals marching against his every tweet and vilifying or boycotting anyone who dares not share their outrageously offensive view that he’s the new Hitler.

Trump’s going to make mistakes along the way, and when he does he should be held rigorously to account for them, especially by the media.

But as Hollywood showed us last night – anyone, however perfect-in-their-own-minds, can make mistakes.

As a co-worker of mine put it, this was an evening set up as a bunch of actors attacking Trump for Fake News and Alternative Facts, but ended up with them announcing Fake Oscars and Alternative Winners.

Oh, the irony.

The New York Times was right: Truth IS hard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 06:00 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

It was a little ironic.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

. . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Bucknell Uni Celebrates “Mirrorless Monday” To Combat Students’ Low Self-Esteem

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/0...orless-monday/

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:

That's a joke, right?
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

03.02.20 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

I bet it's not.
    -TVH-

There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult. -Warren Buffett

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:

If I went into a bathroom with that up, the first thing I would do is take it down.

Stupid.

Just fucking stupid. If you have low self esteem, you know who's fault that is? YOUR OWN. If there is something you don't like about yourself, fucking change it.

Jesus.

9. Get The Show On The Road thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 07:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable100,000 VHL Life Points75,000 VHL Life Points

Again we are doomed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

. . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Furry Friends Rockin' Rescue helps dogs left behind at DAPL protest camp

A hectic week as law enforcement worked to clear the Oceti Sakowin protest camp. As officers moved in, and protesters moved out, garbage wasn't the only thing abandoned.

Two dogs and six puppies were found and rescued at the main Dakota Access Pipeline Camp by furry Friends Rockin Rescue.

The rescue has been working hard to catch ALL the animals that were left behind at the camp, but Furry Friends Rockin Rescue isn't giving up on these abandoned pets.

Officials continue to work against the clock to clean up the main Dakota Access Pipeline Camp. While protesters are gone, some family members are stuck behind.

"Extremely sad being these guys were left behind. But we offer, Furry Friends offers hope. I mean there's so much hope within Furry Friends as far as these puppies finding homes," says Tiffany Hardy.

Furry Friends Rockin Rescue is planning on going back to the protest camps where they say they're having a hard time catching these animals because of the loud heavy machinery that's being used to clean up the area.

"It's a mess down there, so it's really, really hard to find these animals and get them," says Julie Schirado.

They are planning to go back to the camps every weekend if they have enough volunteers and if they're able to get into the campsite.

"We have a couple cases of mange, we might have had some, I know we've had some problems with claws that haven't been clipped before," says Hardy.

The two dogs that they've save have shown symptoms of being out in the North Dakotan weather with frost bit ears and patchy fur.

"If they stay with us, we help them find their fur-ever home. If somebody has left the dog behind and they're looking for that dog, we hope they'll contact us so we can help them find their dog," says Schirado.

Furry Friends says that their first priority is to keep these dogs warm and fed and to make sure they're healthy.

You can go to furryfriendsrockinrescue.org to donate items. They need food, blankets, and money to help with the vet bills for these animals.

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/F...414793233.html

. . .
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

'Dress up like a Jew and make sure you have plenty of weapons under your coat'

ISIS fanatics issue chilling call to 'terrorise' Jewish people in the West

ISIS fanatics have issued a chilling call for fellow extremists to 'terrorise' Jewish communities in the West.

Brainwashed supporters were advised to 'dress up like a Jew' and conceal weapons under their coats before 'unleashing the pain of the Muslims' on their victims.

The terrifying call to arms emerged on an ISIS-linked Telegram channel called Lone Mujahid - a chat room where aspiring terrorists are encourage to carry out 'lone-wolf'-style attacks.

In a recent post, jihadists were urged to carry out attacks on Jewish communities in the West.

The chat room post said: 'IF YOU'RE STILL IN THE WEST! Dress up like a Jew! Go to your nearest Jewish area! Make sure you have plenty of weapons under you coat!'

It then urges followers to 'unleash the pain of the Muslims'.

A separate message includes a list of Jewish communities in Britain, according to Foreign Desk News.

The second posting comes with a picture of Amedy Coulibaly.

The Islamist gunman killed a policewoman in a Paris suburb on January 8 2015 and killed four hostages at a kosher supermarket the following day before being shot dead by police.

Two other gunmen shot 12 people at and near the offices of the Charlie Hebdo newspaper in Paris on January 7.

The Telegram rant calls for fanatics to follow his lead, saying: 'Take the brother's example and terrorise the Yahood (Jew)'.

Jihadists have singled out Jewish targets in the past. In 2014, Mehdi Nemmouche opened fire at the Jewish Museum of Belgium in Brussels, Belgium, killing four people.

The 29-year-old, a French national of Algerian origin, was arrested in Marseille and is believed to have spent more than a year in Syria.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

10.13.21 @ 08:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Again we are doomed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you may be right...

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cul...ter-simulation

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

10.13.21 @ 07:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Tucker thrashes poor Bill Nye. You almost feel sorry for him until he goes his bizarre, apropos of nothing comments about leaks in the Trump Administration right as Tucker tries to end the interview.

(Bonus point to Nye for using the whole, "don't you care about your children?" argument in the midst of a supposed scientific argument.)

Last edited by BlindtotheWorld; 02.28.17 at 11:54 AM.
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

10.13.21 @ 08:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    Tucker thrashes poor Bill Nye. You almost feel sorry for him until he goes his bizarre, apropos of nothing comments about leaks in the Trump Administration right as Tucker tries to end the interview.

(Bonus point to Nye for using the whole, "don't you care about your children?" argument in the midst of a supposed scientific argument.)

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:

Bill Nye is about as much of a scientist as I am.

I liked his shows for kids, but he isn't a scientist because of an honorary degree. He was smart enough to come up with a TV persona with the lab coats and bow ties, and was able to rhyme Nye with guy, but how he became the face of American science is a baffler.

Actually, no it isn't.