I'm The One
    Last Online

07.31.21 @ 09:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Yeah Kenny was number one on that list for years too. Now its Jerry. Not a good list to be on.
    Randy Gradishar concurs.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 09:48 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Randy Gradishar concurs.
    Theres another guy great player many time all pro....not in. NFLHOF is one tough club to get into.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

3. Get The Show On The Road thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Cool pic!

Hey is that a Bud Light or a Sam Adams in your hand? You need to up your Massachusetts beer game!!

Trillium Brewery in Boston is one of the hottest Breweries in the United States. They are in Fort Point (Boston) and a 2nd location in Canton. http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/ https://www.instagram.com/trilliumbrewing/

Also if you are ever out by Monson off I-90, try Treehouse. They are now known nationwide as well. http://treehousebrew.com/

I've lived here for 48 years....spent all of my 30's and 40's drinking and going out in Boston.....have worked in Boston for 17 years. Never once heard the name Fort Point. Must be some neighborhood the size of a postage stamp somewhere.

Monson is way the fuck off the beaten path out west in the boondocks. I can promise you I'll never find myself at that Treehouse bar.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

5. track 5 thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 09:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    I don't disagree with any of that. I didn't really elaborate much with my post. The Cleveland #12 talk was similar to what you said from the standpoint that they're the only team who COULD give up a 1, the others are way too high for Jimmy G. Even the 12 might be, sure. But it's their second pick, so at least they could. That was the point. No way someone gives up a top 10 for him. Probably not even a top 20. I think the conversation was more about these teams are interested, what could the package be, and would the Pats go for it. Nobody really knows jack shit, the Pats don't talk. It all depends whether the Pats really think he's "the guy" or not. And won't really have any idea until after a deal is made based on what they take for him. And if a deal ISN'T made, then you can probably be sure that Cleveland should have given up the #12 pick, LOL.
    Oh I know. I just get sick of tired and lazy journalism in sports. They don't even put a few minutes into analyzing "could it happen?" I mean sure the Browns have two 1st round picks so they just go "well Browns need a QB and Patriots said they would take a 1st round...oh he is going to the Browns." The Browns would take a 1st round pick for RG3 but that isn't going to happen either.

However on the radio here its all Jimmy G and people are clueless. I am sure its like that in other cities but in Cleveland its all about finding a QB since we have not had one since Bill was coaching the team

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

08.02.21 @ 04:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member

Donor

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Oh I know. I just get sick of tired and lazy journalism in sports. They don't even put a few minutes into analyzing "could it happen?" I mean sure the Browns have two 1st round picks so they just go "well Browns need a QB and Patriots said they would take a 1st round...oh he is going to the Browns." The Browns would take a 1st round pick for RG3 but that isn't going to happen either.

However on the radio here its all Jimmy G and people are clueless. I am sure its like that in other cities but in Cleveland its all about finding a QB since we have not had one since Bill was coaching the team
    Here's the thing - if you think Jimmy G is a starting QB in the NFL, he's worth every bit of that #12. Actual NFL QB's are hard to find, half the teams out there don't have one. The problem is, how can you tell from a game and a half?

All I know is that this off-season may give a good read on what the Pats think about him - if they don't let him go because they didn't get a 1, then several teams made a mistake because he's worth that pick. If they let him go for less, then either they don't think he's the second coming, or they have a lot of confidence in Brissett...

Belichick can be hit or miss with drafts, but the one thing the Pats do very, very well is evaluate their own talent. They very rarely let guys "get away" for nothing if they have value. You can probably count on one hand the guys the Pats let go who were productive elsewhere. They exist - Seymour and Vinateri come to mind - but they're pretty rare. And typically those are deliberate decisions based on $$.
    Last edited by jrk5150; 02.10.17 at 06:22 AM.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 09:40 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    Here's the thing - if you think Jimmy G is a starting QB in the NFL, he's worth every bit of that #12. Actual NFL QB's are hard to find, half the teams out there don't have one. The problem is, how can you tell from a game and a half?

All I know is that this off-season may give a good read on what the Pats think about him - if they don't let him go because they didn't get a 1, then several teams made a mistake because he's worth that pick. If they let him go for less, then either they don't think he's the second coming, or they have a lot of confidence in Brissett...

Belichick can be hit or miss with drafts, but the one thing the Pats do very, very well is evaluate their own talent. They very rarely let guys "get away" for nothing if they have value. You can probably count on one hand the guys the Pats let go who were productive elsewhere. They exist - Seymour and Vinateri come to mind - but they're pretty rare. And typically those are deliberate decisions based on $$.
    Well if they are letting him go, they obviously think that Brady isn't going anywhere (rumored extension) and that they feel that Brissett can fill in if needed. When its all said and done, its more often than not that a 2nd string QB with limited snaps isn't going to be successful as a QB. Sure it worked with Brett Favre but that's like finding the next Tom Brady in the 6th round. The NFL is full of of guys like Osweiller, Flynn, Mitchell, etc.

Paying #12 for "the guy" is perfectly fine. However unlike taking a QB at 12, you can't conduct a personal workout with Jimmy G. You can't interview him. Sure anybody in the Patriots org will say "the next Tom Brady"

I don't have a problem with the guy but you don't spend a #12 pick on an unknown like him. Patriots think they should get Bradford type haul for the guy. Different is that there at least was a book on Bradford and Vikings were in desperate need. Jimmy G is more unknown

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I really HATE the idea of trading Garopolo. I thought he showed legit signs of being a top QB.

Brady's longevity has definitely put the Pats in a corner. But then again Jimmy G breathing down his neck was just another motivating factor for him.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 09:48 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

I would not trade Garopolo either. You have a 40 year old qb even though he's a hof guy he's 40. One hit from retirement.What's your cap situation??
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

07.31.21 @ 09:57 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!150,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    I really HATE the idea of trading Garopolo. I thought he showed legit signs of being a top QB.

Brady's longevity has definitely put the Pats in a corner. But then again Jimmy G breathing down his neck was just another motivating factor for him.
    The question is how long do you think Brady can continue to play at a high level? If he's got three more good seasons in him then the answer is obvious, you move Garrapalo. But playing at a high level at 43 is unheard of and these guys tend to decline rapidly and without warning. We saw that with Manning, he was playing at an MVP level the first half of 2014 and then the wheels came off in St. Louis and he was never the same.

Can Brady avoid that fate? I actually find this kind of fascinating. He only played 12 games this year - that's 4 less opportunities to get hurt.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Today @ 09:32 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    I've lived here for 48 years....spent all of my 30's and 40's drinking and going out in Boston.....have worked in Boston for 17 years. Never once heard the name Fort Point. Must be some neighborhood the size of a postage stamp somewhere.

Monson is way the fuck off the beaten path out west in the boondocks. I can promise you I'll never find myself at that Treehouse bar.
    Trillium Brewery in Boston only opened in 2013. Far after your bar days. No joke, it is one of the hottest Craft Breweries in the UNITED STATES. They were innovators in the Hazy Unfiltered "New England" IPA style that has EXPLODED in the US the last 2 years. If your drinking Bud Light, it might have gotten around to you yet.

It is by the FORT POINT Channel by Boston Harbor. On Congress St. By the Boston Children's Museum and Boston Tea Party Museum. Fort Point is in between Boston and South Boston. Right where I-90 go through.

They don't sell their beer in stores, only at Brewery. DUDE, you gotta do your buddy in California a favor, check this place out.

Article from BOSTON GLOBE on their HUGE success story: https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...awM/story.html

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...ixO/story.html

+++++

As for Treehouse in Monson. It is a Brewery, not a bar. It is also now a destination, people around the country go there. It is now known around the United States as one of the best craft breweries.

They get wait lines over over an hour just about every day. They are literally PRINTING MONEY $$$ they have been so successful.

Article from Boston Globe: https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...m4I/story.html

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Damn, AP...you take your beer serious! Great info. Maybe i'll reconsider.

edwardv - The pats are sitting pretty salary cap wise as I understand it.

14. atomicpunk5151 thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    The question is how long do you think Brady can continue to play at a high level? If he's got three more good seasons in him then the answer is obvious, you move Garrapalo. But playing at a high level at 43 is unheard of and these guys tend to decline rapidly and without warning. We saw that with Manning, he was playing at an MVP level the first half of 2014 and then the wheels came off in St. Louis and he was never the same.

Can Brady avoid that fate? I actually find this kind of fascinating. He only played 12 games this year - that's 4 less opportunities to get hurt.
    I actually do think Brady will be legit still if he chooses to keep playing. i think the guy truly is on a mission to do something never seen before, which is to prove to people he wasn't full of shit when he said he wants to play to 45.

Manning needed PED's to stay on the field and then at the age Brady is now he was so bad literally no team would take him.

16. atomicpunk5151 thanked for this post.
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 09:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post

[/url]
    Unless that beer makes you shit gold coins, there is no way I am waiting in that line. There is no beer that tastes that good.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

18. edwardv, Get The Show On The Road thanked for this post.
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!15,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

All the debate in Chicago is if the Bears should trade the 3rd pick in the draft for Garopolo.
    The only other alternative seems to be grind out one more awful season and go for a QB in next year's draft, which should have a good crop of QBs.

The Bears had the fucking nerve to raise ticket prices after their 3rd straight last place finish.

The best thing that could happen to the Bears is for them to sell the team.

20. Double Down thanked for this post.
    Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Unless that beer makes you shit gold coins, there is no way I am waiting in that line. There is no beer that tastes that good.
    I'm with you on that. I may not belong in the hockey/beer thread anymore because these guys clearly take their beer to a higher level.