like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 03:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I have a 13-year-old. Can't say he's ever been outside our house alone at 2:30 am, never mind while armed (hell I'm not sure if he's ever been awake at that time). Maybe that's the bigger issue society should be tackling. But that's just me.

2. Elwood P., MD 5150, MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:28 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I have a 13-year-old. Can't say he's ever been outside our house alone at 2:30 am, never mind while armed (hell I'm not sure if he's ever been awake at that time). Maybe that's the bigger issue society should be tackling. But that's just me.
    It's not just you. There are many of us in agreement on this. This issue should be tackled, especially in the inner cities--like this one in Chicago.

The shooting occurred on Monday, March 29th at 2:30 am. I know that in my district there was school that day--not a holiday. When I see the grieving mother, I can't help but think about those things. Something went wrong.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 11:43 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

I'll be the one to say it.

He's a 13 year old gang member with a gun, probably part of MS-13 or some other type of drug related gang.

He's not a kid anymore, they can put up whatever innocent looking picture they can find, but I bet that kid would kill any one of us without giving it a second thought.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

5. MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

He's a 13 year old gang member with a gun, probably part of MS-13 or some other type of drug related gang.

He's not a kid anymore, they can put up whatever innocent looking picture they can find, but I bet that kid would kill any one of us without giving it a second thought.
    Member of the Latin Kings i reckon.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/4/...little-village

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Member of the Latin Kings i reckon.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/4/...little-village

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    These kids in these gangs are groomed and used. I'm sure this kid was given the gun by the 21-year old he was hanging with. Punishment would be much less for a 13 year old.
    I'm sure most of these kids don't have a father in the picture. We've all heard this story before.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    These kids in these gangs are groomed and used. I'm sure this kid was given the gun by the 21-year old he was hanging with. Punishment would be much less for a 13 year old.
    I'm sure most of these kids don't have a father in the picture. We've all heard this story before.
    My wife works in an inner-city school, sadly i've heard a few of these stories. Runners are groomed pretty early.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 07:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default The Blue/ Red Line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post

He would have shot at the cop if he was a cold blooded killer. Not sure we can assume he was considering his age.

Nonetheless.....Pro-Tip: If you must run away from a cop; drop the gun youíre holding and keep running. You can always get another gun, but you canít get another life.

Easy to blame the copís ďitchy trigger fingerĒ in this case but the kid was holding a lethal weapon and was making a movement at the time the shot was fired. These are the instances where cops deserve leeway.

Simple safe solution. Donít be a 13 year old Junior McGangbanger packing heat with a penchant for not obeying commands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

10. bsbll4 Liked This Post
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 06:02 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser3 Months Registered

Yet we keep making excuses or walk on egg shells instead of attempting to do something about the problem. I don't know what the answer to it is. I do know making excuses will never help.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    Yet we keep making excuses or walk on egg shells instead of attempting to do something about the problem. I don't know what the answer to it is. I do know making excuses will never help.
    Yeah, I never understood how places like Chicago just continue to exist with all this gun violence. It's just acceptable now and it seems people have to live with it, unfortunately. The "Enough is Enough" community groups that form in these places, while filled with good intentions, don't seem to make a difference at all. Bigger efforts need to be made.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 11:43 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Yeah, I never understood how places like Chicago just continue to exist with all this gun violence. It's just acceptable now and it seems people have to live with it, unfortunately. The "Enough is Enough" community groups that form in these places, while filled with good intentions, don't seem to make a difference at all. Bigger efforts need to be made.
    Chicago is the "main cartel distribution center" for the United States, it's going to have gun violence.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

14. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Simple safe solution. Don’t be a 13 year old Junior McGangbanger packing heat with a penchant for not obeying commands.
    Sadly, the prosecuting attorney has an image frozen in time of the kid standing, facing the officer with his arms in the air prior to a bullet entering him. It paints a picture and, sadly, will be the cause of some destruction, rioting and looting, but doesn't tell the whole story. This particular case, I think the police officer was justified.

16. MF5150, The Rover Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Default The Blue/ Red Line.

Sadly, the prosecuting attorney has an image frozen in time of the kid standing, facing the officer with his arms in the air prior to a bullet entering him. It paints a picture and, sadly, will be the cause of some destruction, rioting and looting, but doesn't tell the whole story. This particular case, I think the police officer was justified.
    The cop definitely acted quickly. He basically fired right on the heels of the commands and it didnít appear as though the perp was making a threatening movement.

But the kid had an opportunity to drop the weapon earlier while he was fleeing and upon the copís first command.

A single snapshot cannot vilify this officer, in this instance. It was also fairly evident that he was concerned for the kidís well being because within seconds he was over him and prepping him for chest compressions. Iím not sure about you, but I could tell watching the video that the cop was thinking to himself, ďShit. Did I do the right thing?...Let me check on this kid.Ē

It would be horrible if this cop got charged with murder, over this.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

18. jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    He would have shot at the cop if he was a cold blooded killer. Not sure we can assume he was considering his age.

Nonetheless.....Pro-Tip: If you must run away from a cop; drop the gun you’re holding and keep running. You can always get another gun, but you can’t get another life.

Easy to blame the cop’s “itchy trigger finger” in this case but the kid was holding a lethal weapon and was making a movement at the time the shot was fired. These are the instances where cops deserve leeway.

Simple safe solution. Don’t be a 13 year old Junior McGangbanger packing heat with a penchant for not obeying commands.

I think that, sadly, the kid thought that if he ditched the gun before the cop got to him, that he could avoid a charge a carrying a firearm. He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, to be "fancy" with his ditching of the firearm. And now, he doesn't live to play another day.
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    I think that, sadly, the kid thought that if he ditched the gun before the cop got to him, that he could avoid a charge a carrying a firearm. He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, to be "fancy" with his ditching of the firearm. And now, he doesn't live to play another day.
    But he didn't ditch the gun before the cop got to him. He should have just chucked it while he was running away.

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

The abuser is lucky that the girlfriend, in a sudden last gasp burst of adrenaline, didn't grab that heater and bust cap through his head.

R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

22. CaboChris, Elwood P. Liked This Post