Last Online

03.01.21 @ 01:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Kong Really Shouldn't Be Any Bigger In Godzilla vs Kong

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-kong...nts-skeletons/

2. ZeoBandit Liked This Post
    Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I know some will like this, but that looks absolutely horrible to me.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    LOL at the Swedish guy from True Blood stuck in a Godzilla movie.

Apparently, this movie has been sitting on the shelf for over a year thanks to the pandemic. Warner Bros kept pushing the release date back until someone got the idea to finally just shove it off on their new HBOMax channel and whatever theaters will be open in March. It's going to crater just like Wonder Woman 1984 did and likely the upcoming Matrix sequel/reboot will as well.

I don't know if it's some sort of tax write-off thing that these studios need to put out these finished movies now in whatever way they can versus waiting until next Fall when more theaters will be open or what, but at least Disney and Warner Bros are throwing away literally billions of dollars impatiently putting out what should have been big money earners on their streaming services in a short-sighted effort to bring in subscribers.

Streaming services will not save the movie industry.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Default The COMING ATTRACTIONS Thread

Every Warner Bros. film will be released on HBO Max this year at the same time it is released in theaters, even the big ones, like Matrix 4.

The problem is you can only release so many movies in a year before ticket sales are cannibalized by your own films, and now there are 2020 films and 2020 films waiting to come out.

Paramount started selling them off, like Coming 2 America to Prime.

WB, it seems, looked at the quality of their slate and the disappointing initial Max subscription numbers and thought they could kill two birds with one stone, and theyíre just dumping an entire slate of films to streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

I remember absolutely loving this movie A LONG TIME AGO ...

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 05:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    LOL at the Swedish guy from True Blood stuck in a Godzilla movie.

Apparently, this movie has been sitting on the shelf for over a year thanks to the pandemic. Warner Bros kept pushing the release date back until someone got the idea to finally just shove it off on their new HBOMax channel and whatever theaters will be open in March. It's going to crater just like Wonder Woman 1984 did and likely the upcoming Matrix sequel/reboot will as well.

I don't know if it's some sort of tax write-off thing that these studios need to put out these finished movies now in whatever way they can versus waiting until next Fall when more theaters will be open or what, but at least Disney and Warner Bros are throwing away literally billions of dollars impatiently putting out what should have been big money earners on their streaming services in a short-sighted effort to bring in subscribers.

Streaming services will not save the movie industry.
    Every once in a while he does a mainstream movie for a paycheck, like Battleship.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Every Warner Bros. film will be released on HBO Max this year at the same time it is released in theaters, even the big ones, like Matrix 4.

The problem is you can only release so many movies in a year before ticket sales are cannibalized by your own films, and now there are 2020 films and 2020 films waiting to come out.

Paramount started selling them off, like Coming 2 America to Prime.

WB, it seems, looked at the quality of their slate and the disappointing initial Max subscription numbers and thought they could kill two birds with one stone, and they’re just dumping an entire slate of films to streaming.
    And yet Paramount moved A Quiet Place II (again) to the fall. I was hoping it would get the streaming treatment. My daughter and I were looking forward to seeing this last March before it all went down.

I don't agree with what WB is doing. Seems a bit drastic to do that with films for the entire year. Apparently Christopher Nolan doesn't agree either as he is thinking of ending his WB deal.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

03.01.21 @ 01:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Every once in a while he does a mainstream movie for a paycheck, like Battleship.
    He's in the new version of The Stand as Flagg. I prefer him in the role much more over the creep that drives Lincolns.

10. Dave's Dreidel Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

I like him as an actor but he has made some awful choices for a paycheck. Even that Tarzan flick, he should have killed it but that movie was pretty mediocre.

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    And yet Paramount moved A Quiet Place II (again) to the fall. I was hoping it would get the streaming treatment. My daughter and I were looking forward to seeing this last March before it all went down.

I don't agree with what WB is doing. Seems a bit drastic to do that with films for the entire year. Apparently Christopher Nolan doesn't agree either as he is thinking of ending his WB deal.
    Well you have to keep in mind, they have been filming movies and those also need release dates, blockbusters coming out every week doesnít help the bottom line either.
    Studios donít pay for movies up front, they finance them, you can only shelve movies for so long before the price tag really goes up, the loan has to get paid.
    In addition, getting a foothold in the streaming wars is not just important, it is the most important thing right now. Netflix has been banking dollar bills for a long time, and has had a huge lead. Streaming is the future of cinema, unfortunately they are testing this with some really crappy movies. I firmly believe, that a movie like the new bond, if that streamed, it would be huge, and Iím not talking about streaming for free. Even in a service like HBO Max, get the trial subscription, hope they renew, but also hit them for the $20. Iíd bet it would make huge bank.
    You canít replace the movie theatre experience, I know I still love it, but the reality is, Iíd still rather watch at home, have a cocktail or two, some pizza, and the ability to pause to go to the bathroom while sitting in my recliner, sounds pretty damn good, and Iíd pay $20 just to watch something new, and I have. But to really know, it had to be a good movie, that hasnít really happened yet.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post

A blanket decision wasnít necessary (Matrix 4 comes out in 11 months!) but it strikes me as a solution to having to deal with lobbying for which films to release and which ones not to.

After Onward, Disney tried the premium route with Mulan and then went free again with Soul. So the pay extra model was an experiment.

Perhaps Wonder Woman wouldíve been a better indicator, but it also wasnít very good.

I have a feeling they wonít be doing this simultaneous release the whole year.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Maybe it's just me, but there isn't a single movie that could come out that I would go out of my way to sign up for a subscription service, not to mention paying extra for it. However, I would willingly spend $60 on a night at the movies with my wife to see something that I only have a passing interest in and have done so a bunch of times. Before this year, movies were our go to date. I hope theaters can hang around because besides going to sporting events, that's the thing I've missed the most.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

15. wombattt Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

I really miss going to movies. Especially the large buttered popcorn with the free refill I would take home, to the disgust of Mrs JD

17. MD 5150, bsbll4 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    I really miss going to movies. Especially the large buttered popcorn with the free refill I would take home, to the disgust of Mrs JD
    With the cost of popcorn at theatres, i don't blame you

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Before I lost a bunch of weight my wife actually forbade me to buy the large popcorn bucket because of how it looked to be walking around with it when you're already "well padded." Now that I'm all thin and a shell of my former self, you bet your ass I buy that thing and enjoy her eye rolls. I still throw about 1/3 of it away at the end, but there's not much worse than getting to the bottom of the bag and realizing there's still more movie.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.