THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4378
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  5,562
Page 4378 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 3378387842784328436843754376437743784379438043814388 ... LastLast
Results 65,656 to 65,670 of 65915
    I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.15.21 @ 11:21 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-Liked25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...kz4-story.html

Heavily-armed U.S. troops stake out Capitol ahead of Trump impeachment vote amid ‘severe security threat’

Hundreds of fatigue-clad National Guard troops, many armed with long guns, were posted inside the U.S. Capitol ahead of an expected vote to impeach President Trump on Wednesday, as lawmakers warned that the building remains under a “severe security threat” in the wake of last week’s deadly attack.

Roughly 2,000 National Guard soldiers were on site Wednesday morning, and many of them were seen napping and catching some downtime on the marble floor in the Capitol’s visitors center, as the House began debate on one impeachment article charging Trump with inciting last week’s riot.

The troops expect to stay overnight at the Capitol and have not received specifics about the length of their deployments, a source familiar with the matter said.

They may be in for the long haul, as Pentagon officials said the Defense Department is expecting to have 20,000 National Guard soldiers in Washington by President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration next Wednesday. That’s more than the number of U.S. troops currently stationed in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.

According to a source, some of the soldiers at the Capitol are wielding M4 assault rifles.

New York Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, the No. 5 Democrat in the House, said the major show of force is justified, with FBI and other law enforcement agencies are warning that far-right groups may be planning more attacks.

“The attackers wanted to assassinate Nancy Pelosi, hang Mike Pence, and hunt down sitting members of Congress. That’s insurrection. That’s sedition. That’s lawlessness. That’s terror. It should not and will not be tolerated. And that’s why extraordinary security measures have been taken,” Jeffries told reporters. “The Capitol has responded in an appropriate way to meet the nature of the severe security threat that is being posed by domestic terrorists and white supremacists.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), whose office was ransacked during the attack, personally thanked some of the rioters during a morning ceremony outside the Capitol.

“Even during this dark time in the history of America,” Pelosi tweeted along with photos from the ceremony. “Thank you for your commitment to our American democracy.”

The ramp-up in security marks a sharp contrast to last Wednesday’s assault, when Capitol Police officers were outnumbered by thousands of rioters who stormed the building directly after Trump encouraged them to “fight” to stop the congressional certification of Biden’s inauguration going on inside.

A Capitol Police officer was killed in the ensuing chaos, when one of the rioters flung a fire extinguisher that hit the law enforcer in the head. An arrest has not yet been made in the officer’s death.

One attacker was also shot and killed during the mayhem, and three others died from medical emergencies.

Despite facing all but certain impeachment for inciting the attack, Trump insisted Tuesday that his pre-riot speech was “totally appropriate.”
    Cabo x 25
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Today @ 03:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    I thought the "no name-calling or personal attacks" was toward our fellow Linkers. Politicians fall under that clause as well?!
    That lasted all of 22.75 hours.

Was wondering who was gonna make the first move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, As Is
    Last Online

Today @ 08:41 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Old Guard25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Daisy. You gotta let go. Its not good to stress out.

Some things will never change and you're never gonna see a former president in an orange jumpsuit.
    How about an orange former president in a jumpsuit?!? I think that may be more likely.
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Sinner's Swing!
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Dreams
    Last Online

Today @ 03:53 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser3 Months Registered
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by KS 5150 View Post
    How about an orange former president in a jumpsuit?!? I think that may be more likely.
    Doubt it. Just be happy his time is almost finished. Then the high five's can commence.

5. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by MD 5150 View Post
    Doubt it. Just be happy his time is almost finished. Then the high five's can commence.
    People doubted that Trump would get elected.

If you had told people a year ago that Trump would not only try his damnedest not to leave after losing the Election but would invoke an violent insurrection, you would have been laughed at and doubted as a Leftist lunatic.

Nothing about Donald Trump is predictable. If there ever was a President who was going to break the pattern with odds at seeing a jail cell being high, Donald Trump is that POTUS.

Five people are dead directly because of him and the lies he perpetuated.

He’s been Impeached yet again. Nobody in your country’s history has seen that happen.

If the Senate votes to remove him, charges of some kind are laid within six months.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Nothing at all will happen to Donald J trump.

Nothing.

He may have fucked up but he’s still got clout because he knows where the bodies are buried.

8. MF5150, MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Nothing at all will happen to Donald J trump.

Nothing.

He may have fucked up but he’s still got clout because he knows where the bodies are buried.

More than likely.

Still. I wouldn’t bet my money on it.

Would you?

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:01 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    More than likely.

Would you?
    Not all of it. But I'd bet a little, yes.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    More than likely.

Would you?

Yes. Because he has seen papers and stuff that 1/10 of 1/10th of 340,000,000 people haven’t that probably incriminates the government in too much shit. He probably knows what really happened to Kennedy. He probably knows shit that could easily start a war with another country in progress now. Spies, assets, infiltrations. You get the gist. So it’d be in the best interest of the incoming administration and government to back off and let his ass retire.

He’ll be dead before he gets charged. (NOT BY ME, BY CIA OR WHATEVER)

Bet.

Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

So now that the next step for the Impeachment process is to send it to The Senate, can anyone weigh in why McConnell won't take it up until probably sometime in February? I don't see what difference doing it now or next month will have on inflaming the crazies any further. Biden and the Dems are going to have their hands full in the coming months with the Covid relief and trying to better organize testing and vaccine rollout on a Federal level even if they do "split" work days in The Senate trying to accomplish that stuff and impeachment hearings.

As far as I can guess, the primary reasons is because by the end of this month, the Senate will be controlled by Schumer and the narrow lead of the Dems both taking some heat off of McConnell as well as possibly getting a couple more Dem votes to get the required majority?

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

232-197 to impeach with 10 Republicans breaking ranks. That's the largest number of people to break party in any impeachment. There were 0 Democratic votes for Johnson, 0 Republican votes in Trump's first impeachment, 5 Democratic votes in Clinton's impeachment.

Officially, 50% of the 4 Presidential impeachments so far are of Donald Trump.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 01.13.21 at 03:15 PM.

14. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Today @ 02:20 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I'm calling it now though. There will be multiple NIMBY lawsuits to deny location of his Presidential Library.
    If he is convicted, and removed from office, aside from Secret Service he loses all post presidency perks

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:16 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life Points

Yes. Because he has seen papers and stuff that 1/10 of 1/10th of 340,000,000 people haven’t that probably incriminates the government in too much shit. He probably knows what really happened to Kennedy. He probably knows shit that could easily start a war with another country in progress now. Spies, assets, infiltrations. You get the gist. So it’d be in the best interest of the incoming administration and government to back off and let his ass retire.

Bet.

A second on the under in the deadpool.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

17. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked

Bet.
    On the other hand, can you imagine Trump going public with such highly classified info? I mean, what if he says "Area 51 does have alien spacecraft and alien remains, your government has been shipping out placebo Covid vaccines instead of actual vaccines, MLK and JFK survived their assassinations and are having daily tea together in some safehouse in France, etc etc etc." I mean, he could go full on scorched earth I don't care about my future and say anything, true or not and there's a segment of the population that's going to buy into whatever nutty shit he spouts in the future.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:37 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    So now that the next step for the Impeachment process is to send it to The Senate, can anyone weigh in why McConnell won't take it up until probably sometime in February? I don't see what difference doing it now or next month will have on inflaming the crazies any further. Biden and the Dems are going to have their hands full in the coming months with the Covid relief and trying to better organize testing and vaccine rollout on a Federal level even if they do "split" work days in The Senate trying to accomplish that stuff and impeachment hearings.

As far as I can guess, the primary reasons is because by the end of this month, the Senate will be controlled by Schumer and the narrow lead of the Dems both taking some heat off of McConnell as well as possibly getting a couple more Dem votes to get the required majority?
    Best I can come up with is by not fast tracking it, it fucks with Biden's first 100 days.