THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 5509
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  15,953
Page 5509 of 5610 FirstFirst ... 450950095409545954995506550755085509551055115512551955595609 ... LastLast
Results 82,621 to 82,635 of 84137
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 06:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I side with Israel or Jewish people because of all the bad shit that has happened with that little thing called WW2. Oh and I do believe they are God's chosen people and while I am a Christian, I feel we are cousins. Oh and my sister-in-law married a Jewish man, converted to Judaism and I have a lovely niece who is scared to walk to school in a ritzy Chicago suburb. The parents of my brother-in-law are wonderful people too. Pretty much every person of that faith are wonderful people. I like Middle Eastern people as well but when you align with the Westboro Church sect of Islam, well you don't get much love from me.

I may have been on the wrong side of history on some issues in my life but not this.
    I went to Catholic school and this (bolded part) was always taught to us. The Jewish people are our cousins and our beginning.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Fake elector case in Nevada dismissed over venue question, state attorney general vows appeal

A Clark County judge has dismissed the charges filed against the six Nevada Republicans who submitted an invalid slate of electoral votes for former President Donald Trump in 2020, ruling that the county was not the appropriate jurisdiction for the case.

At a Friday morning hearing in Clark County District Court, Judge Mary Kay Holthus said she was unconvinced by state prosecutors’ arguments that Clark County was the appropriate county in which to hear the case. The electors’ attorneys had argued a more appropriate venue would be in Carson City, where the illegitimate signing ceremony took place, or in Douglas County, where the fake elector documents were originally mailed from.

Clark County is more Democratic, meaning a jury could be less favorable to the Republican defendants.

“You have literally, in my opinion, a crime that has occurred in another jurisdiction,” Holthus said. “It’s so appropriately up north and so appropriately not here.”

Immediately after the ruling, Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford said the “judge got it wrong” and that his office will appeal the ruling to the state Supreme Court. A trial set for January has been vacated pending the high court’s ruling.

The state is unable to refile the case up north because a three-year statute of limitations expired in December.

Maggie McLetchie, a lawyer for one of the defendants, said of the state: “They’re done.”

The ruling marks the first time that a case related to the Trump campaign’s efforts to submit a false slate of electors has been dismissed. Similar prosecutions are taking place in four other swing states — Michigan, Georgia, Arizona and Wisconsin — involved in the Trump campaign’s effort to submit a false slate of electors after he lost the 2020 election to President Joe Biden.

The six defendants — Nevada GOP Chairman Michael McDonald, Republican National Committeeman Jim DeGraffenreid, Clark County GOP Chairman Jesse Law, state party Vice Chair Jim Hindle, Shawn Meehan and Eileen Rice — were each indicted on two counts by a grand jury in December over their role in submitting fake election documents to federal and state election authorities that purported to cast Nevada’s six electoral votes for Trump.

The defendants faced charges of offering a false instrument for filing and uttering a forged instrument, which together carry punishments of two to nine years’ imprisonment.

In a sign of Holthus’ skepticism of the jurisdiction, she requested last month that the state provide a list of reasons why Clark County was the appropriate venue for the case.

Prosecutors listed 14 reasons why Clark County was the appropriate jurisdiction, including that two of the defendants — Law and McDonald — live in Clark County and that certain mail related to the fake elector scheme passed through the county. Most notably, fraudulent electoral documents were mailed to a federal judge in Las Vegas.

Attorney Richard Wright, who is representing McDonald, argued that the fraudulent documents addressed to Miranda Du, the chief judge of the U.S. District Court of Nevada, were erroneously sent to Las Vegas. Du is based in Reno, and the documents were never opened in Las Vegas, according to testimony from the court clerk, which Wright said was withheld from the grand jury.

“It temporarily made a pit stop in Las Vegas,” Wright said.

Meanwhile, Matthew Rashbrook, a lawyer with the attorney general’s office, said Clark County became implicated in the scheme when these documents were mailed to Las Vegas, even if they were rerouted to Reno.

Holthus ultimately concluded this was not enough to warrant Clark County being the most appropriate venue.

Rashbrook also argued that there is no single county that could have complete jurisdiction over the case, to which Holthus responded by saying she disagreed “100 percent.”

Wright also said the motion to dismiss the case was supported by a 2021 Nevada Supreme Court ruling involving murders committed in Washoe and Douglas counties. The high court ruled at the time that if a location was only involved in preparatory acts and the formation of intent, it is an insufficient venue for a trial. Holthus did not cite the case in issuing her decision.

The decision caps months of back-and-forth between election attorneys and state prosecutors that included allegations of withheld evidence. It also marks a loss for Ford, a Democrat, in a case that has had national resonance.

Ford said that current state law “did not directly address the conduct in question” during a May 2023 hearing for SB133, a bill that would have criminalized such schemes (and was later vetoed by Republican Gov. Joe Lombardo). Seven months later, Ford brought the charges, saying that his office had been conducting an investigation into the scheme for years and denying that it was politically motivated.

The charges came days before a three-year deadline expired for charges to be filed.

Validity of charges

While the validity of the charges were not ultimately addressed on Friday, the false electors’ attorneys had previously challenged the constitutionality of the allegations. They argued that the state’s claim that the fake electors intended to defraud state and federal officials was inaccurate, and that the documents were not forged but rather genuine documents containing “false information.”

This challenge hinged on grand jury testimony of Kenneth Chesebro, a Trump campaign lawyer who cooperated with the state’s investigation last year by saying that the purpose of the fake documents was to have backups ready in case courts overturned the results of the election in the contested states.

State investigators noted that the Nevada Supreme Court had dismissed the Trump campaign’s legal challenge to the 2020 election on Dec. 8 — six days before the fake elector ceremony. The prosecution argued that this showed the fake elector documents should have been unnecessary under Chesebro’s plan, proving that the defendants intended to defraud state and federal officials.

But attorneys representing the defendants said this plan was never discussed with Nevada’s fake electors, only as part of a broader strategy with other Trump team members. In addition, despite the state Supreme Court’s ruling, the Trump campaign was still permitted to file a request for review of the case — also known as a writ of certiorari — to the U.S. Supreme Court, which never ultimately transpired.

These arguments were scheduled to be addressed on Friday, but the case’s dismissal on the other grounds rendered them moot.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...f-jurisdiction
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 08:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

I don't believe in changing of venues because of the political leaning of the county/city in which the jury pool is coming from.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

4. rchop84 Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:47 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster PraiserThee KingSupremely-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I don't believe in changing of venues because of the political leaning of the county/city in which the jury pool is coming from.
    Those fake electors need to do jail time.

I put that higher than some of the other shit that was pulled trying to reverse the election
    Dealing with it.

6. Dave's Dreidel, VH1986 Liked This Post
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:07 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Finally, Republicans are taking a page out of the Democrats playbook.

In all seriousness, isn't it logical to try a case in the county where the crime was committed? As a Northern Nevadan, I hate Clark County, so I have no problem with this being dismissed.

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Finally, Republicans are taking a page out of the Democrats playbook.

In all seriousness, isn't it logical to try a case in the county where the crime was committed? As a Northern Nevadan, I hate Clark County, so I have no problem with this being dismissed.
    Of course it is, but we know why they filed it there.

9. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Former Obama fundraiser says she's divorcing the Democratic Party, voting for Trump for the first time

Allison Huynh said she is selling her Obama-inspired million dollar collectible after growing disenchanted with the Democrats

June 22, 2024 3:00pm EDT

An ex-Obama fundraiser who helped raise millions in donations for his campaign announced that she is "divorcing" the Democratic Party and plans to vote for Trump in the upcoming election.

"Like any divorce, there’s not just one thing, there’s a series of things that led up to it," Allison Huynh said on "Jesse Watters Primetime" Wednesday.

Huynh, who created Willow Garage, a company that created robotics and AI systems, which were later sold to Google, along with her then-husband Google programmer Scott Hassan, helped raise millions of dollars for the Obama campaign in 2008 by hosting elaborate "$50,000- and $100,000-per-plate dinners," for Silicon Valley giants, the New York Post reported.

In the years since, Huynh said she has grown disenchanted with the Democratic Party, telling Fox News host Jesse Watters that she is increasingly fed up as crime, looting and homelessness continue to run rampant under their leadership.

"The Democrats were policing the wrong things," she said. "The things that we need to police are violent criminals that are scattered throughout the streets of San Francisco, people defecating, shooting up heroin in front of me and my kids, and allowing criminals to go in and steal from our grocery stores, shutting down grocery stores," she said.

"I love to cook, and when I wake up in the morning, there’s no grocery stores to go to."

In 2008, Huynh purchased a Shepard Fairey piece of artwork inspired by the Obama "Hope" posters, paying more than $1 million for the work on canvas. She told Fox News in an earlier interview that her nature as a "hopeful" person and what she called former President Obama's "great ideas" focused on equality for women and people of color led her to support the then-candidate.

But with her diminishing enthusiasm for the party, the 48-year-old Vietnamese immigrant is auctioning off the mixed-media piece and is planning to vote for former President Trump.

"You have to look at the facts and the reality. When you walk the streets of San Francisco, I have three young children and when we go to the theater district … we have to step over homeless people shooting crack. And anyone can come to San Francisco, and they can see the same thing," she said.

"I love my Peking duck, but I’m afraid to go to Chinatown because of the violent crimes against Asians there."

She previously told Fox News that she feels "Biden has been asleep at the wheel."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former...ump-first-time

11. edwardv Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 10:21 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

Any big name Rs turning into Ds?

Sent from my TMRV065G using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Any big name Rs turning into Ds?

I would hope not. Why would any self-respecting Republican wanna join the Jew hating party?

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Thee King50,000 VHL Life Points25,000 VHL Life PointsElite Daily Poster

I would hope not. Why would any self-respecting Republican wanna join the Jew hating party?
    That's my point . More high profile Ds leave the party than Rs. Going all the way back to Reagan.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-Liked5,000 VHL Life PointsVeteranPadawan Praiser

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    This fucking attitude infuriates me.

He put brave American lives in danger by stealing classified information and storing it in a fucking hotel.

Period.

If you guys are the Patriots that you claim to be, you would see and understand that and quit making fucking excuses for the guy.

He also put the lives of our teaming partners in danger. This shit is not a game, it is no joke, and before you say "but Hillary, but Biden, but Pence", you know damn well that I make the exact same stand with all of them too.

Fuck Trump.

And if you makes you all feel better, Fuck Hillary, Fuck Biden, and Fuck Pence too. Anyone that has Top Secret documents in their house, in their garage, at their office, on their laptop, on their private server, fuck you too.

No excuse for it, none, it is a disqualifying event to be Commander in Chief, I didn't vote for Hillary in 2016 because of it, and I won't vote for Trump or Biden in 2024 because of it. You can't be flippant with Top Secret documents and be taken seriously as a sitting POTUS or future Presidential candidate.

You can't, it is that fucking simple.
    I would bet Hilary, Trump and Biden are not the only presidential candidates or former presidents to ever have top secret documents in their possession or out of the White House. They just got caught with them.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    That's my point . More high profile Ds leave the party than Rs. Going all the way back to Reagan.

Certainly, high profile donors are, and that's ok by me. I have no doubt Trump wins this, and I'll say handily. It won't be close.

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Certainly, high profile donors are, and that's ok by me. I have no doubt Trump wins this, and I'll say handily. It won't be close.
    They give to both candidates so they collect whoever wins

Mean Street

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

After 7 years, Snopes suddenly admits the truth about Trump saying ‘very fine people’ in Charlottesville.

No, Trump Did Not Call Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists 'Very Fine People'
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...y-fine-people/

Gee, took them long enough.

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    After 7 years, Snopes suddenly admits the truth about Trump saying ‘very fine people’ in Charlottesville.

No, Trump Did Not Call Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists 'Very Fine People'
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...y-fine-people/

Gee, took them long enough.
    Everybody is shitting bricks.

They know he's gonna win, and they don't want the wrath.