THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4053
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,409
Page 4053 of 4172 FirstFirst ... 305335533953400340434050405140524053405440554056406341034153 ... LastLast
Results 60,781 to 60,795 of 62569
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 05:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    Wasn’t disputed. And while we’re on the subject, what happens if it goes to the Supreme Court and ties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    but you didn't know that prior to the election? This "we need to have a full court in case there is a disputed election" is just a bs excuse to do something that they have no business doing. It looks particularly pathetic because the same person made the opposite decision so recently.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.12.20 @ 06:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    but you didn't know that prior to the election? This "we need to have a full court in case there is a disputed election" is just a bs excuse to do something that they have no business doing. It looks particularly pathetic because the same person made the opposite decision so recently.
    Mike, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that this election has a high probability of going to the Supreme Court. It will be utter hell if we don’t have a full court for that decision.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Mike, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that this election has a high probability of going to the Supreme Court. It will be utter hell if we don’t have a full court for that decision.
    flip the teams. What's your opinion? Let's say Hillary is President right now, you ok with her sneaking in a judge weeks before an election after they, in theory, blocked a judge months before the last election?

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

That’s great brook but what happens if it goes and it ties?

Lower court decision stands I imagine

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    flip the teams. What's your opinion? Let's say Hillary is President right now, you ok with her sneaking in a judge weeks before an election after they, in theory, blocked a judge months before the last election?
    Well, they’re not sneaking anything so that’s out. This is a unique circumstance because of the situation the Dems have created. I don’t know all the rules constitutionally but I do know that an election decided by an incomplete court would be complete hell here. That is a legitimate issue like it or not.

I can tell you that the Democrats would go full speed ahead were they in this position. And I wouldn’t like it but I understand the danger in risking not having a complete court for the coming nightmare.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

That’s great brook but what happens if it goes and it ties?

That’s what I’m saying. You can’t have that

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

I'm The One
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

Didn’t even think of it but it makes sense. It’s a given that the election is
    going to the Supreme Court. Probably what Mitch will say.
    If the Supreme Court fucks it up with a tie or somehow doesn't get to deciding a contested election by inauguration day, it plays out like this...

"The 12th Amendment says that in that case, the House of Representatives elects the president and the Senate elects the vice president. The new Congress that enters in January is the one tasked with carrying out the so-called “contingent election.” The president has only been selected this way once, in 1825. The winner was John Quincy Adams.

In a contingent election, House members have to choose among the three people with the most electoral votes. Each state delegation gets one vote, and 26 votes are required to win. In the Senate, the choice is between the top two electoral vote-getters and each senator gets a vote, with 51 votes required to win.

What if that fails and the House hasn’t elected a president by Inauguration Day? Then the 20th Amendment takes over. It says the vice president-elect acts as president until a president is picked. And if there’s no vice president selected by Inauguration Day?

Well, then the Presidential Succession Act applies.

It says that the speaker of the House of Representatives, the Senate president or a Cabinet officer, in that order, would act as president until there’s a president or vice president."

Might wanna be praying for a landslide for either candidate because these alternatives look pretty damn close to utter chaos and likely civil war.

9. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Thanks for posting.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

SMH

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 05:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice…I can now confidently say the view shared by virtually everybody in my conference, is that the nomination should be made by the president the people elect in the election that’s underway right now.”—Mitch McConnell, February, 2016.

“The president can and should send the Senate a nominee right away.”—Harry Reid, February, 2016.

”President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the United States Senate Floor.”—Mitch McConnell, September, 2020.

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”—Chuck Schumer, September, 2020.

What a fucking clown show this. Oh, Ted Cruz now says we can’t risk the possibility of a deadlocked court? Funny how that wasn’t a Republican concern in 2016.

I know, it’s different this time, it’s not exactly the same. Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

It was shitty in 2016, the Kavanaugh thing was shitty, and this is shitty.

Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 09.18.20 at 09:42 PM.

13. edwardv Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

McConnell: Trump's Supreme Court nominee 'will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate'

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced Friday night that the Senate would vote to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court after her death.

“President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate,” McConnell wrote in a statement sent to reporters.

McConnell announced his decision after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer argued that Trump should not replace her until after the election.

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice, “Schumer wrote on Twitter. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

Ginsburg’s granddaughter, Clara Spera, said that Ginsburg dictated to her that her “most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

But McConnell cited historical precedence for his decision.

“Since the 1880s, no Senate has confirmed an opposite-party president’s Supreme Court nominee in a presidential election year,” McConnell wrote.

Referring to his refusal to sit former President Barack Obama’s nominee to replace Justice Antonin Scalia in 2016, McConnell noted that the Republican Senate was elected to the majority to check Obama’s power at the end of his second term.

“We kept our promise,” McConnell said. “By contrast, Americans reelected our majority in 2016 and expanded it in 2018 because we pledged to work with President Trump and support his agenda, particularly his outstanding appointments to the federal judiciary. Once again, we will keep our promise.”

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Blue Checks Vow Violence If McConnell Tries to Replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg: ‘Burn the Entire F**king Thing Down’

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...ng-thing-down/

All this does is embolden the other side.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 05:25 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Ginsburg isn't even in the ground yet and its war in congress. Something pretty cold about that. So whats at stake here? Reverse Roe vs Wade? Reverse ACA? Rule on the upcoming election if its deadlocked with mail in votes all over the place? Don't forget Roberts he can't be trusted to support any conservative litigation. Politics is a blood sport and in the case of the scotus a mortuary sport.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

17. rchop84 Liked This Post
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice…I can now confidently say the view shared by virtually everybody in my conference, is that the nomination should be made by the president the people elect in the election that’s underway right now.”—Mitch McConnell, February, 2016.

“The president can and should send the Senate a nominee right away.”—Harry Reid, February, 2016.

”President Trump’s nominee will receive a vote on the United States Senate Floor.”—Mitch McConnell, September, 2020.

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”—Chuck Schumer, September, 2020.

What a fucking clown show this. Oh, Ted Cruz now says we can’t risk the possibility of a deadlocked court? Funny how that wasn’t a Republican concern in 2016.

I know, it’s different this time, it’s not exactly the same. Sure. Keep telling yourself that.

It was shitty in 2016, the Kavanaugh thing was shitty, and this is shitty.

The real problem this serves is that the court, for the most part, is the last legitimate branch of government we have and that’s about to be lost.
    This is something that needs a broader look, if they move forward with the hypocritical action to appoint a nominee, it is going to bring retaliation. By that I mean once Democrats have majority there will be nothing to stop them from expanding the court to correct the balance of the two justices appointed during an election year.
    Actions always have reactions. McConnell dug a hole by blocking in 2016. Now there is precedence, in fact Biden did the same thing under the first Bush. But it puts him in the position of either support his original position and protect his integrity, or completely reverse because it’s advantageous to do so and be a hypocrite.
    If he supports his original position, then we can move forward as we always have in regards to the court, reverse it and I promise that at some point there will be a retaliation and that’s a worse case scenario, who wants to see 11 or 15 Justices? I’m not saying the court isn’t a political topic, but there’s a huge risk to increasing its politicization