THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4754
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  9,379
Page 4754 of 4830 FirstFirst ... 37544254465447044744475147524753475447554756475747644804 ... LastLast
Results 71,296 to 71,310 of 72442
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Not sure why you and a few others don't just put that in your signatures, instead of repeating it every 12 hours.
    And yet that’s still less frequent than your hourly drink rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Stephens View Post
    The DNC did play with rules and so did individual states to aid Clinton in primaries. They most definitely tilted the playing field towards her.

Hoax, well yes and no. Did Russians mess with things yes but they did so going back to 30's and fyi we mess with their politics too. Trump does have conflicts of interest with Russia and was indeed a happy recipient of dirt but the narrative he colluded is not proven. In fact the collusion part was simply not needed. Questionable tactics and associations yes but collusion involves showing more coordination and that level of proof never occurred. It also was not needed because of Russia's own actions.

IMO both Clinton's should have been charged for their actions. Hilary for handling classified docs and Bill for obstruction. So 16 was a battle of the 2 ugliest campaigns of all time. Not sure anyone should boast purity
    My overarching point is that, while the investigation was handled poorly, there were totally legit reasons to open an investigation even if there was nothing that rose to the level of criminal conspiracy. The IG report backs this up. Investigating and not finding evidence for criminal charges is not a “hoax.” The term is being used to say even starting an investigation was a lie.

And if you point out that, no, it wasn’t wholly a made up tactic without any smoke whatsoever, then you’re dismissed with “Russia, Russia, Russia.”

Something wholly made up was the birther movement. That’s a hoax.

Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 08.18.22 at 10:31 AM.

3. Darrin Stephens, Mama's Fool Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Not sure why you and a few others don't just put that in your signatures, instead of repeating it every 12 hours.
    Could say the same about “But her emails!” for 6 years, only for it to be rendered meaningless by excusing Donald for allegedly doing worse.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 06:35 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    My overarching point is that, while the investigation was handled poorly, there were totally legit reasons to open an investigation even if there was nothing that rose to the level of criminal conspiracy. The IG report backs this up. Investigating and not finding evidence for criminal charges is not a “hoax.” The term is being used to say even starting an investigation was a lie.

And if you point out that, no, it wasn’t wholly a made up tactic without any smoke whatsoever, then you’re dismissed with “Russia, Russia, Russia.”

Something wholly made up was the brother movement. That’s a hoax.
    OK... what was this? Tea party?

Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life Points

Something wholly made up was the brother movement. That’s a hoax.

Fair

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

OK... what was this? Tea party?
    Supposed to say birther. Auto corrected. I fixed it.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Remember when the FBI raid was a complete hoax?

And then the hoax documents that were found during the hoax raid were actually planted by the FBI as part of the hoax?

And then the hoax documents that were found during the hoax raid and were planted by the FBI as part of the hoax were actually declassified the whole time they were there?

Those were great times, guys.
    Last edited by MF5150; 08.18.22 at 10:50 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

9. edwardv, jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable300,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Supposed to say birther. Auto corrected. I fixed it.

Cool. Other than the Koch brothers and Black Rhyme Organization to Help Equal Rights from Google... it was a confusing statement.

11. Darrin Stephens Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Cool. Other than the Koch brothers and Black Rhyme Organization to Help Equal Rights from Google... it was a confusing statement.
    My secret racism kicked in. Brother movement is code for the Black civil rights movement, obvs.

Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

My secret racism kicked in. Brother movement is code for the Black civil rights movement, obvs.
    So by asking a question on something you posted... I must have implied something on your part. Okeydokey!

Thanks, LM. The first explanation was fine.
    Last edited by Number 47; 08.18.22 at 12:48 PM.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 05:58 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

The problem is we can’t even agree on reality. To call the Russia investigation a “hoax” is to say it was made up entirely out of thin air and that’s simply not true.

The investigation started about Russian interference and then connected to the campaign when a campaign advisor bragged about conversations with Russia about releasing dirt on Hillary. This started in July. The feds didn’t have the dossier until September. Campaign officials set up a meeting with Russians at Trump Tower with the expectation of getting damaging info on Clinton. And while lack of cooperation leaves a lot of holes in the story, we do know for sure Trump campaign manager was in contact with Russian intelligence and provided them with internal strategy and polling.

Yes, the FBI acted poorly, but the Inspector General investigation shows legit reasons to look into the issue, while a subsequent look by an independent counsel who wants to find evidence it was a hoax is 3 years in with one indictment that resulted in no conviction. Maybe he finds more. We shall see. But a “hoax” this does not make.

Maybe I’m forgetting 2016, but I know the party preferred Hillary and they already had a superdelegate system set up so they could avoid a less desirable candidate. Yes, deals were made with lesser candidates for Biden.

But the idea that those things are equivalent or even in the same ballpark—or even the same sport—as gathering and sending fake electors, phone calls to officials as POTUS to “find” more votes for him, conspiring to decertify the election, and sending an armed mob to disrupt certification, just seems difficult to reconcile.

So you are cool if a police department "acted pooorly" even though they had legit reasons to look into something?

I guess then police can simply walk around neighborhoods and go "ummm did you hear somebody scream for help? Lets open the door."

Concerning 2016, the head of the DNC lost her job due to it. Loads of emails showing they rigged it. It wasn't super delegates. They fed questions to her. Be consistent

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

So by asking a question on something you posted... I must have implied something on your part. Okeydokey!

Thanks, LM.
    It was just a lighthearted, self-deprecating joke because my phone autocorrected to “brother.” Figured that would be clear since I’m not a racist, you didn’t imply I was, I’d answered your question seriously just prior, and the out of character use of “obvs.”

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    So you are cool if a police department "acted pooorly" even though they had legit reasons to look into something?

I guess then police can simply walk around neighborhoods and go "ummm did you hear somebody scream for help? Lets open the door."

Concerning 2016, the head of the DNC lost her job due to it. Loads of emails showing they rigged it. It wasn't super delegates. They fed questions to her. Be consistent
    Of course not. I don’t know how many times I have to explain this. “Hoax,” as Trump uses it, means no reason to even investigate, completely made up out of thin air…and that’s just false. Let’s say I’m working at my old music store and money starts missing from the register and the boss catches me with some guitar string packs in my bag without a receipt. So he starts to investigate and it turns out there’s an explanation for most of the money, though one employee did take $5, and the strings. Is this a hoax? No! There was smoke and it was prudent to make sure there’s no fire. The Russia conspiracy investigation had smoke and it was prudent to see if there’s a fire.

Separate from that there was bad faith activity in the course of that investigation. That’s bad. But it still doesn’t make it a “hoax.”

Finally, okay, I literally qualified my response with ‘maybe I’m forgetting things about 2016,’ so it might be more constructive if you could lead me towards information to jog my memory or enlighten me before the shades-of-gray-is-better-than-consistency guy demands consistency on something I said I may not remember clearly.

Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 08.18.22 at 01:07 PM.

16. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

It was just a lighthearted, self-deprecating joke because my phone autocorrected to “brother.” Figured that would be clear since I’m not a racist, you didn’t imply I was, I’d answered your question seriously just prior, and the out of character use of “obvs.
    Lol! My bad. I TOTALLY missed the out of character use of obvs.

It's pretty clear we should just avoid ever trying to pull each others legs.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Lol! My bad. I TOTALLY missed the out of character use of obvs.

It's pretty clear we should just avoid ever trying to pull each others legs.
    I think it's actually getting better, though! I say progress is good ;-)

In hindsight, an emoji would have helped. Where is the damn sarcasm font after all this time? I'd settle for the board being able to recognize strikethrough.

19. Number 47 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Judge orders release of redacted affidavit that led to the search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago

The judge gave government prosecutors until Aug. 25 to share its proposed redactions

August 18, 2022 3:12pm EDT

U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart on Thursday ordered the Justice Department to redact and release a version of the affidavit that was used to obtain the FBI's search warrant for its raid on former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home.

Reinhart, during the highly-anticipated hearing in the West Palm Beach Division of Florida, said that the affidavit should not be kept under seal, despite the Justice Department’s argument that the release would jeopardize future steps in the investigation and provide a "roadmap" for the probe.

The Justice Department asked Reinhart to keep the document under seal to "protect the integrity of an ongoing law enforcement investigation that implicates national security."

Reinhart also ordered that some documents connected to the search warrant be unsealed Thursday—including the application for the warrant, the motion to seal the affidavit, and the cover sheet.

As for the affidavit, Reinhart ordered that government prosecutors submit a version of the affidavit with proposed redactions within the week. The deadline for the Justice Department to submit the proposed redactions is set for Aug. 25 at noon.

Reinhart will then review those redactions, and determine how best to proceed—whether to accept the recommendations from government prosecutors or perform his own redactions instead.

The judge also reminded that the government or media, the two parties to the suit, can appeal his ruling if one or both object to his proposed redactions, which would remain under seal.

Government prosecutor Jay Bratt argued that unsealing the affidavit would "provide a roadmap" of an ongoing investigation still in its early stages.

Bratt also said the country is in a "volatile" state, and warned that releasing the names of witnesses or FBI agents would "chill" other witnesses who may still come forward.

"This is not a precedent we want to set," Bratt said. "The government is very concerned about the safety of witnesses in this case."

Media organizations arguing the affidavit should be unsealed, the government, and Reinhart agreed that this is a unique and unprecedented case.

Charles Tobin, who argued for the Washington Post and other media organizations, said the raid on Mar-a-Lago was one of the most significant law enforcement actions in the nation's history, saying, "The public interest could not be greater."

Trump, while not a party in the hearing, demanded this week that the affidavit be unsealed and released in an unredacted form.

"In the interest of TRANSPARENCY, I call for the immediate release of the completely Unredacted Affidavit pertaining to this horrible and shocking BREAK-IN," Trump posted earlier this week.

The FBI has been criticized for raiding former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home

Rinehart, last week unsealed the FBI’s search warrant and property receipt from the search. Reinhart signed the warrant on Aug. 5, giving the FBI authority to conduct its search.

According to the property receipt, reviewed before its release by Fox News Digital, FBI agents took approximately 20 boxes of items from the premises, including one set of documents marked as "Various classified/TS/SCI documents," which refers to top secret/sensitive compartmented information.

Records covered by that government classification level could potentially include human intelligence and information that, if disclosed, could jeopardize relations between the United States and other nations, as well as the lives of intelligence operatives abroad. However, the classification also encompasses national security information related to the daily operations of the president of the United States.

The property receipt also shows that FBI agents collected four sets of top secret documents, three sets of secret documents, and three sets of confidential documents.

The property receipt does not reveal any details about any of those records.

The list also includes a "leatherbound box of documents," binders of photos, handwritten notes, miscellaneous documents, miscellaneous top secret documents, miscellaneous confidential documents, and other records.

The government conducted the search in response to what it believes to be a violation of federal laws: 18 USC 793 — gathering, transmitting or losing defense information; 18 USC 2071 — concealment, removal or mutilation; and 18 USC 1519 — destruction, alteration or falsification of records in federal investigations.

The allegation of "gathering, transmitting or losing defense information" falls under the Espionage Act.

The former president and his team are disputing the classification and say they believe the information and records to have been declassified.

Sources familiar with the investigation told Fox News Digital that the FBI also seized boxes containing records covered by attorney-client privilege and potentially executive privilege during its raid.

Sources told Fox News that, due to attorney-client privilege, Trump’s team asked the Justice Department for their position on whether they would support a third party, independent special master to review those records, but sources told Fox News that DOJ notified Trump's team that they would oppose that request.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jud...mps-mar-a-lago
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen