THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4413
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  5,986
Page 4413 of 4442 FirstFirst ... 3413391343134363440344104411441244134414441544164423 ... LastLast
Results 66,181 to 66,195 of 66625
    I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Thing is, I don’t think we are done with people coming clean on what went on these last four years. And I think there is possible danger in just letting it all go and chalking new stories of corruption up to divisiveness or causes of divisiveness.

Take this latest one. Do we really want to downplay the fact that POTUS tried to have the Justice Department open a fake investigation against a state government in an attempt to overthrow a state run election? Meanwhile, he called the same state and, as President, implied state officials could be punished criminally for not throwing out their election results and declaring him winner?

I think we are so numb to the kind of things he said and did that many are just kind of like “whatever” when in any other time this would be the craziest thing.

Like, imagine if Obama had lost in 2012 and had just done these two things described above. The Republican calls for impeachment would be deafening.

We can have a few things be true at the same time. The press covered him in an unprecedented and often ugly way. Yet, he did a few things well. But also Trump is and was uniquely awful. Between his unique awfulness and, frankly, being unfit for the job from the start, he proved what those of us accused of “TDS” for four years were afraid of the entire time. In fact, January 6th was even way beyond what I thought he was capable of.

Unity, IMO, is all of us rejecting that unique awfulness by following through with and calling for an impeachment conviction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, these are things that can’t just be dropped. He was certainly unqualified from the start, but he became completely unhinged after the election and did a lot of things questionable legally and some laws he just flat out broke. His coattails are nowhere near what they were before he completely lost his mind. I think a lot of people that were Trump loyalists before won’t have a problem coming clean now. Trump turned his back on almost all those around him, so like the former loyalists that were cut loose like Cohen, I don’t think we are done with stories uncovering a lot and a bunch of come clean interviews from people.

2. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Whatever Brett says.
    Favorite VH Song

None. Because I hate VH.
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Reports now coming out that Trump pushed the DOJ to directly request the Supreme Court to invalidate the Election results.

Thank fuck there were people around him who realized they needed to put country before President.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.29.21 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

I'm not a Trump fan by any stretch, yet i do think there were shenanigans during the
    count.

They were sort of fast & loose with how you could vote, and i do believe it made it
    easier to commit fraud:

Lookie here....
    a box of ballots we musta overlooked!

I don't trust any of 'em: Biden, Harris, Trump...

It was absolutely disgusting what happened January 6th, but it was also
    disgusting what was allowed to happen throughout the Summer.

The angle is: How can we make the other guy look bad?
    Will this benefit us?
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

5. MD 5150, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Whatever Brett says.
    Favorite VH Song

None. Because I hate VH.
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post

Will this benefit us?
    Two events and respective causes that were not related, in any way shape or form.

One was race riots. They've happened before and will happen again. Usually start as a result of alleged racial violence perpetrated by white people against Black Americans.

The other was a protest and riot inside the US Capitol building that led to the death of 5 people, including the murder of a police officer. Was started as a result of the leader of the country pumping his base full of lies for two months and inciting violence leading up to the Insurrection.

Race riots (or rioting of any kind) and looting has and will continue to be horrible. They shouldn't happen, be allowed to continue or be excused. But to compare both events in an effort to somehow balance the scales of partisan responsibility, is dangerous.

One was bad and the other was borderline treasonous. The Dems looked and still look bad for not calling in the army against people destroying property and stealing shoes.

Nobody needs to try to make Trump look bad in this. He looks criminally disgusting.
    Last edited by MF5150; 01.23.21 at 11:50 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Its all bollacks

Just like now Michigan is going to open bars and restaurants. Why today? Biden has said that he can't control the trajectory of COVID. His 100 day plan is mirroring what Trump's plan of vaccination was.

Shit Bezos who was in favor of mail in ballots, etc won't allow union ballots to be mailed because of fraud.

Trump can be a crook and the rest of Washington can be crooks too. There are not mutually exclusive. They don't care about us. They care about party

8. MD 5150, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

II & WACF
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL & Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

01.29.21 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily Poster100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Two events and respective causes that were not related, in any way shape or form.

One was race riots. They've happened before and will happen again. Usually start as a result of alleged racial violence perpetrated by white people against Black Americans.

The other was a protest and riot inside the US Capitol building that led to the death of 5 people, including the murder of a police officer. Was started as a result of the leader of the country pumping his base full of lies for two months and inciting violence leading up to the Insurrection.

Race riots (or rioting of any kind) and looting has and will continue to be horrible. They shouldn't happen, be allowed to continue or be excused. But to compare both events in an effort to somehow balance the scales of partisan responsibility, is dangerous.

One was bad and the other was borderline treasonous. The Dems looked and still look bad for not calling in the army against people destroying property and stealing shoes.

Nobody needs to try to make Trump look bad in this. He looks criminally disgusting.
    My point is, there is selective outrage with the Dems:

Let's attempt to burn down a Seattle Police precinct, with everyone inside.
    Crickets...

It went beyond looting, it was total mayhem.
    Graver, Walking Ed, refugee from CVH & proud tone chaser...

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 01:29 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

I'm The One

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:28 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-Liked15,000 VHL Life Points

Crickets...

Both situations are deplorable and no one should be in support of either. But I do draw one major difference between the two, and it is the election as a background.
    For three months the false narrative of a stolen election was pushed, illegal actions were taken by Trump in an effort to overturn it, first with influence snd threat, then we are now learning of the attempt to change AGs and do it that way, documents also show influencers suggesting Martial Law from Flynn and the My Pillow idiot.
    Consider that some in that crowd were actively looking for Pence and Pelosi and that building had the top 3 in line of succession in it, I don’t think it’s too far to say that some in that crowd were attempting a coup, and we know that they missed Pence by a minute.
    And Trump was feeding that beast for 3 months. I don’t think we can really compare the two situations or use the lefts refusal to denounce the summer as reason to overlook what happened in January.
    I ask myself this, what if both situations were 100% successful?
    Well the summer would have even higher property damage, more deaths, race would be at the center of many discussions, perhaps some legislation in favor of better race relations, and maybe some advances like we’ve seen in previous civil rights unrest
    In January a fair and accurate election would have overturned a legitimate vote, without support of any court, including the Supreme Court, without support of a properly elected congress, without support of any state election board, without support of the popular vote and quite possibly the VP being held hostage. It would have been a coup in every sense of the word and would have completely flushed the Constitution.

That’s where I find my differences, neither situation is right, but the impacts are far different

12. MF5150, Mama's Fool Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Its all bollacks

Just like now Michigan is going to open bars and restaurants. Why today? Biden has said that he can't control the trajectory of COVID. His 100 day plan is mirroring what Trump's plan of vaccination was.

Shit Bezos who was in favor of mail in ballots, etc won't allow union ballots to be mailed because of fraud.

Trump can be a crook and the rest of Washington can be crooks too. There are not mutually exclusive. They don't care about us. They care about party
    I was stunned at the decision to open bars. That is one thing that is unneeded and considered very risky for covid transmission...you can always drink at home more safely and if the implication is that drinking at bars adds a social element ...well isn't that we are trying to stop? It just seems like that is one thing that could be held off for 30 or 40 days. It is said that Michigan numbers are looking "better". But that is what I see as a big problem and it's what got California in the spot they are in....you leave off the brake and your numbers go hurtling down hill.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Crickets...

Your point is well-taken, but I do think there is a sense of scale that resulted in more acknowledgement of 1/6/21 versus other things.

Violence is bad and in no way do I think most people meant to downplay that particular action at the precinct.

But I do think the President lying to a large group about an election steal and then inciting them to go fight at the Capitol to stop the certification is such a “What the fuck, holy shit” moment that it’s just going to drown out a local event like what you’re talking about.

Whether that’s fair or not is up to each person, but I don’t think it should be surprising.

15. MF5150, Daisy Hill Liked This Post
    Gird your loins
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

I don't know how any American could have watched the events of Jan 6 and not be filled with fear and despair and disgust and anger. And even more, as in the ensuing days we learned thru reports and video how bad it really was and how unpeaceful this so called peaceful demonstration was.

My anger with the people who participated in this and the people, including Trump who were involved in whipping up the emotions of those participants, not just on the day of the insurrection but in the weeks, months and YEARS leading up to it has not been abated.

"Dangerous rhetoric"...how many times did we hear that word and how many times did people on the right claim "free speech" or that liberals were snowflakes who were taking Trump's words too literally, when in the end, we saw exactly who WAS taking the Trump;s words literally.

Now the same people who were there in the Capital when a mob, whipped to a frenzy by Trump, and other elected officials, overtook the seat of our Democracy in order to "protest" debunked conspiracy theories, are now looking at the situation as being in their rear view mirror. The idea of holding Trump and his cronies accountable for the damage they have done and the dangerous situation that they have put into motion, is less important than protecting their party. For the love of God and Country how can they rationalize that? The party of "law and order". The party of "Patriots". The party of defending the Constitution is abandoning their country for the sake of their party. Trump is out, they say, and that should be enough. Do they really believe the influences and the conspiracies have not taken on a life of their own and will continue on until soundly and completely repudiated by the GOP?

Sure there are many of the Q Anon community who have come to grips with the FACT that Trump is not "Q" and he is not single handedly fighting a worldwide pedophile ring but is instead golfing and chugging diet pepsi by the liter and binge watching Fox news.. But many of these self proclaimed "Patriots" are still finding validation thru the Rand Paul and Lindsey Graham, Mathew Cawthorne and Ted Cruz and Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert and the rest of the deniers who would be comical in their misguided beliefs if not for their influence.

What happened in the Capital surpassed any and every demonstration this year en masse and yet the GOP wants us to believe in some sort of equivalency between BLM protests and an insurrection. They want us to believe that the crimes of looting and and yes, destroying a neighborhood are more serious than an out of control crowd trying to stop the process of democracy at the direction of the highest office in the land! And yet they know in their hearts how things would have gone had those same BLM protesters left their neighborhoods and descended upon the Capital building in the same way.

This country is still in a grave situation and the unwillingness of the GOP to address their part in it is beyond troubling .

17. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

Crickets...

Because the left, including the ones on here creaming themselves over a Biden Presidency with complete control of the government, are complete hypocrites.

19. MD 5150, edwardv Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:

I'm not a Trump fan by any stretch, yet i do think there were shenanigans during the
    count.

They were sort of fast & loose with how you could vote, and i do believe it made it
    easier to commit fraud:

Lookie here....
    a box of ballots we musta overlooked!

I don't trust any of 'em: Biden, Harris, Trump...

Will this benefit us?
    Neither party cares about you or me, or anyone else on here.

21. I Coulda Hada VH, MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Unchained
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!350,000 VHL Life PointsThee King
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Neither party cares about you or me, or anyone else on here.
    Sad, but true. I will just continue to live my life and hope that our beloved country doesn't completely dissolve into a giant version of the DMV without an appointment.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

23. JUNGLE DRUMMER, MD 5150 Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Sad, but true. I will just continue to live my life and hope that our beloved country doesn't completely dissolve into a giant version of the DMV without an appointment.
    Our government is overrun by Globalists who have little regard for our sovereignty.

25. MD 5150 Liked This Post