THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4510
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  6,730
Page 4510 of 4527 FirstFirst ... 3510401044104460450045074508450945104511451245134520 ... LastLast
Results 67,636 to 67,650 of 67896
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:39 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Respectfully I think its different now.

Our Admin removed Mother. Our president. Not a fringe group. The current admin uses birthing person. Think in 2015 and would this even be considered on the table with the Obama admin? No way

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin...idance-1598343
    It's different now.

Some peope like to think "nothing to see here, move along" for everything. We'll return to civility. The intelligent people will save us as always.

The sky is falling and no they won't.

We're in a war.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Respectfully I think its different now.

Our Admin removed Mother. Our president. Not a fringe group. The current admin uses birthing person. Think in 2015 and would this even be considered on the table with the Obama admin? No way

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-admin...idance-1598343
    We can disagree on this, but like I said, every time it happens there’s a reason it’s different now.

As far as your example, in 3.5 years a Republican POTUS comes in and changes the language back and…what, tangibly, has actually happened? Not a lot than I can see.

The thing is, language doesn’t work this way and this is something I know a cursory amount about or at least enough the state of CA sanctions me to pass the information off to 7-12th graders. The President can declare or make official any term he or she wants. But adoption doesn’t work top-down.

People, society, will decide if “birthing person” sticks. If most people think it’s dumb, it’s gone before we know it or just used by out of touch people. However, if people decide it’s good and inclusive, a Republican POTUS changing it back won’t stop it from proliferating and becoming common.

And if the latter happens, then GOP voters have bigger problems than who is elected POTUS, if this is a major, major issue that they believe is a battle in a larger culture war. If society takes the term and uses it, then they’ve lost the battle.

So on this point, it’s the ground game that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Today @ 09:59 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    We can disagree on this, but like I said, every time it happens there’s a reason it’s different now.

As far as your example, in 3.5 years a Republican POTUS comes in and changes the language back and…what, tangibly, has actually happened? Not a lot than I can see.

The thing is, language doesn’t work this way and this is something I know a cursory amount about or at least enough the state of CA sanctions me to pass the information off to 7-12th graders. The President can declare or make official any term he or she wants. But adoption doesn’t work top-down.

People, society, will decide if “birthing person” sticks. If most people think it’s dumb, it’s gone before we know it or just used by out of touch people. However, if people decide it’s good and inclusive, a Republican POTUS changing it back won’t stop it from proliferating and becoming common.

And if the latter happens, then GOP voters have bigger problems than who is elected POTUS, if this is a major, major issue that they believe is a battle in a larger culture war. If society takes the term and uses it, then they’ve lost the battle.

So on this point, it’s the ground game that matters.

Well said.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

I think this whole 'birthing person' nonsense is just that...and an overreaction. It was mentioned once in a budget proposal aimed at people most of us couldn't relate to. If I didn't enter the Political Underground on a Van Halen fan site, I would never know about this. Like most people out there. LOL

I know, I know, it's a slippery slope and this is how things get started. But the word "mother" isn't going anywhere. Not in our lifetime.

6. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

The issue I have is that the term "you dirty rotten birthing person fucker" just doesn't pack a punch like the old term did.

8. edwardv, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 07:40 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by Rokgtar View Post
    Just a reminder - next Sunday is “National Impregnating Persons” Day.

Be sure to gift something gender neutral, like a gift card, lest we not offend.
    This sounds a lot like Steak and Blowjob day.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

10. Rokgtar, JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post

If I didn't enter the Political Underground on a Van Halen fan site, I would never know about this. Like most people out there. LOL
    Me neither.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

So I’m looking at Biden’s budget for next year and Trump’s for this year. My count of references:

Maternal: Biden 7, Trump 2
    Women: Biden 1, Trump 2
    Birthing people: Biden 1, Trump 0.

I see no replacement of the term “mother” in this section and, secondly, this is what everyone is upset about? Maternal is a synonym for and means mother so, by my count, Biden mentions mothers more in this section than the previous budget did.

If anything, “birthing people” seems to replace “women of reproductive age.”

Biden 2022
    Reduces Maternal Mortality Rate and Ends Race-Based Disparities in Maternal Mortality.
    The united States has the highest maternal mortality rate among developed nations, with an unacceptably high mortality rate for Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, and other women of color. To help end this high rate of maternal mortality and race-based disparities in outcomes among birthing people—and in addition to the investment in maternal health included in the American Families Plan—the Budget includes more than $200 million to: reduce maternal
    mortality and morbidity rates nationwide; bolster Maternal Mortality Review Committees; expand the Rural Maternity and Obstetrics Management Strategies program; help cities place early childhood development ex- perts in pediatrician offices with a high percent- age of Medicaid and Children’s health Insurance Program patients; implement implicit bias train- ing for healthcare providers; and create State pregnancy medical home programs.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...udget_fy22.pdf

Trump 2021
    Improves Maternal Health in America. Women in the United States have higher rates of maternal mortality and morbidity than in any other developed nation—and the rates are rising. The Budget provides $74 million in new resources to address this significant public health problem by focusing on four strategic goals: 1) achieve healthy outcomes for all women of reproductive age by improving prevention and treatment; 2) achieve healthy pregnancies and births by prioritizing quality improvement; 3) achieve healthy futures by optimizing postpartum health; and 4) improve data and bolster research to inform future interventions.
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...T-2021-BUD.pdf

Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 06.13.21 at 04:59 PM.

13. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    So I’m looking at Biden’s budget for next year and Trump’s for this year. My count of references:

Maternal: Biden 7, Trump 2
    Women: Biden 1, Trump 2
    Birthing people: Biden 1, Trump 0.

I see no replacement of the term “mother” in this section and, secondly, this is what everyone is upset about? Maternal is a synonym for and means mother so, by my count, Biden mentions mothers more in this section than the previous budget did.

If anything, “birthing people” seems to replace “women of reproductive age.”

Biden 2022
    Reduces Maternal Mortality Rate and Ends Race-Based Disparities in Maternal Mortality.
    The united States has the highest maternal mortality rate among developed nations, with an unacceptably high mortality rate for Black, American Indian/Alaska Native, and other women of color. To help end this high rate of maternal mortality and race-based disparities in outcomes among birthing people—and in addition to the investment in maternal health included in the American Families Plan—the Budget includes more than $200 million to: reduce maternal
    mortality and morbidity rates nationwide; bolster Maternal Mortality Review Committees; expand the Rural Maternity and Obstetrics Management Strategies program; help cities place early childhood development ex- perts in pediatrician offices with a high percent- age of Medicaid and Children’s health Insurance Program patients; implement implicit bias train- ing for healthcare providers; and create State pregnancy medical home programs.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...udget_fy22.pdf

Trump 2021
    Improves Maternal Health in America. Women in the United States have higher rates of maternal mortality and morbidity than in any other developed nation—and the rates are rising. The Budget provides $74 million in new resources to address this significant public health problem by focusing on four strategic goals: 1) achieve healthy outcomes for all women of reproductive age by improving prevention and treatment; 2) achieve healthy pregnancies and births by prioritizing quality improvement; 3) achieve healthy futures by optimizing postpartum health; and 4) improve data and bolster research to inform future interventions.
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...T-2021-BUD.pdf

You’re supposed to react emotionally.

Not do research.

The fuck are you doing?

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 05:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

I give up.

I guess I just view the world in a different way where I see a direct challenge to free speech and ideas. As a wise man once said "time will tell if we will stand the test of time"

Nothing to see here.

16. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

Yeah, LM, you're kind of squashing the narrative and leveling the playing field. You are NOT supposed to do that.

Especially during a culture war.

18. MF5150, lovemachine97(Version 2) Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I give up.

I guess I just view the world in a different way where I see a direct challenge to free speech and ideas. As a wise man once said "time will tell if we will stand the test of time"

Nothing to see here.
    Of course there are things to see and talk about. For me, I just don't think this one is that significant. But you're right, we do all see things differently. And time will certainly tell...

Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

I give up.

Nothing to see here.
    There's plenty of us who see things the same way.

The problem is there are too many of the others who think everything is hunky dory and cyclical or at the very least are just too engrossedged in their own personal lives to even see what's going in front of their eyes.

They got loads of Trump time to hate though which is odd.

21. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

Today @ 09:09 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    There's plenty of us who see things the same way.

The problem is there are too many of the others who think everything is hunky dory and cyclical or at the very least are just too engrossedged in their own personal lives to even see what's going in front of their eyes.

They got loads of Trump time to hate though which is odd.
    It's really just TDS in reverse. Not everything is the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

23. jimmy812, MF5150, cabomiro Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    It's really just TDS in reverse. Not everything is the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    So TDS was a real thing then? Surely nobody here suffers from that.

25. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post