THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4486
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  6,587
Page 4486 of 4514 FirstFirst ... 3486398643864436447644834484448544864487448844894496 ... LastLast
Results 67,276 to 67,290 of 67698
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

MAGA 2024

I'll Wait
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    MAGA 2024
    No Fences Inside Our Borders Tour

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Funny. She's being endorsed by the man himself. I guess all it takes to get an endorsement is if you believe he won the 2020 Election or not.

During the 2016 election cycle that put Trump in office, Stefanik called out his “inappropriate, offensive comments” toward women on the “Access Hollywood” tape. She also criticized many of his policies: his travel ban was “rushed and overly broad,” for example, and “not who we are as a country.” She said that his plan to build a border wall with Mexico wasn’t realistic. She tweeted that the former president’s “s—hole countries” comment was “wrong and contrary to our American ideals,” and Trump’s move to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord was a “mistake.”

But then she came out swinging in defense of Trump during his first impeachment trial, leading to a Trump tweet at the time saying that “A new Republican star is born” and netting her more fundraising dollars. Since the 2020 election, she has supported false claims that victory was stolen from Trump, and she voted with 146 other House Republicans against certifying the election results for President Biden. Now Trump is endorsing her to take Cheney’s seat, writing on Monday that, “We need someone in Leadership who has experience flipping districts from Blue to Red as we approach the important 2022 midterms, and that’s Elise! She knows how to win, which is what we need!”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/me...se-11620825415
    Sounds like a grifter to me.

Her record has her disagreeing with Trump more than Romney and Cheney despite what she says vocally.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Sounds like a grifter to me.
    Majority of them are.

I think many of them get started with idealism in mind, and then by the time they get there and see how much money they can make from their position, the idealism drifts away.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Majority of them are.

I think many of them get started with idealism in mind, and then by the time they get there and see how much money they can make from their position, the idealism drifts away.
    If I had to guess, I'd say her views years ago is probably her real views on Trump.

She just isn't giving me a loyalist feeling.

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

"See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

If I had to guess, I'd say her views years ago is probably her real views on Trump.

She just isn't giving me a loyalist feeling.
    It’s really inconsequential.

She’s going along with the Party narrative that their guy in 2020 actually won the Election.

The Republican Party looks horrible for doing what they did to Cheney, regardless of her voting record and who is replacing her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    It’s really inconsequential.

She’s going along with the Party narrative that their guy in 2020 actually won the Election.

The Republican Party looks horrible for doing what they did to Cheney, regardless of her voting record and who is replacing her.

The GOP and Cheney are both horrible.

She cares nothing about her own voter block anyway. She didn't need to be there. And her support in the state seems to be pretty low.

So, whatever.

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:33 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked50,000 VHL Life Points

She cares nothing about her own voter block anyway. She didn't need to be there. And her support in the state seems to be pretty low.

So, whatever.
    I think with regard to Cheney, it's more about the principle in this particular instance. She is standing up for the truth regarding our democracy (the election). Not sure, but shouldn't that fall well under the "America First" umbrella? Doesn't that account for anything? It's not about her politics or voting block. They're all falling under the spell of a man-child who has a knack for spouting untruths. And this is a big one with no evidence to support it.

Bizarro world, indeed.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked75,000 VHL Life Points

So, whatever.
    So, if she had support in the State and she did care about her voter block....

...it would be a big deal that she got the boot because she didn’t want to go along with a blatant lie?

I’m confused by your logic.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 03:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    I think with regard to Cheney, it's more about the principle in this particular instance. She is standing up for the truth regarding our democracy (the election). Not sure, but shouldn't that fall well under the "America First" umbrella? Doesn't that account for anything? It's not about her politics or voting block. They're all falling under the spell of a man-child who has a knack for spouting untruths. And this is a big one with no evidence to support it.

Bizarro world, indeed.
    Because it isn't really about America first, it's about party first. Without Trump, the Republicans lose a lot of votes, and Trump's narcissism can't deal with the fact that he may have lost, so he has to create a bullshit story to explain it, which is that the Democrats cheated.

So they pretend exposing the election fraud is "America First," but what it really is is keeping Trump happy and a part of the GOP, so the GOP can win more elections.

So eroding the fabric of democracy is just a means to maintain and/or achieve power.

Which is decidedly not America first, but it never really was about that anyway. If it REALLY was about America first, the GOP would take the hit for the betterment of our country. Except that we are seeing what happens to Republicans who put principle and country over party.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 05.14.21 at 09:30 AM.

11. MF5150, jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Baluchitherium
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

I'm playing the world's smallest violin for Liz Cheney. She's a Cheney.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

I'm not sure anyone cares specifically about Liz Cheney. I don't.

I think the greater concern is that, if Trump were to say that he's getting political advice from a talking elephant, your place in the GOP is in grave jeopardy if you point out the reality that elephants don't talk.

14. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Big Bad Bill
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    15,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingWell-Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Because it isn't really about America first, it's about party first. Without Trump, the Republicans lose a lot of votes, and Trump's narcissism can't deal with the fact that he may have lost, so he has to create a bullshit story to explain it, which is that the Democrats cheated.

So they pretend exposing the election fraud is "America First," but what it really is is keeping Trump happy and a part of the GOP, so the GOP can win more elections.

So eroding the fabric of democracy is just a means to maintain and/or achieve power.

Which is decidedly not America first, but it never really was about that anyway. If it REALLY was about America first, the GOP would take the hit for the betterment of our country. Except that we are seeing what happens to Republicans who put principle and country over party.
    I think we can safely say both parties put party first. And each person puts their wallets and their constituents next and America falls in last. But it really is what the voter’s personal beliefs about government and what they see as right | wrong.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I'm playing the world's smallest violin for Liz Cheney. She's a Cheney.
    Talk about missing the point.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by phast View Post
    I think we can safely say both parties put party first. And each person puts their wallets and their constituents next and America falls in last. But it really is what the voter’s personal beliefs about government and what they see as right | wrong.
    I agree, I just feel like it gets tiresome to have to do the "of course, the other side does this, too, and their version of it involves...." every single time one particular party is criticized.

And in this case, it's the "America first" party very much not living up to their own campaign phrase.