THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4737
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  9,379
Page 4737 of 4830 FirstFirst ... 37374237463746874727473447354736473747384739474047474787 ... LastLast
Results 71,041 to 71,055 of 72442
    Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    ...keeping them in a place notoriously insecure despite being told these could harm the US.
    I am reluctant to say what I am about to say, as I speak as an uninformed person. But I would imagine - as a former President who's disliked more than many former Presidents - that the security afforded him is intense. I would imagine that anyone visiting the house, food deliveries, etc., are all vetted.

Perhaps the documents might not be a matter of compromising national security, as much as the nature of the documents might be harmful to his political opponents.

Either way, the protocol used in handling this situation was unusual. Moreover, every President had his missteps; and, outside of Nixon, most missteps go ignored. It'd be nice for someone to admit that they simply don't like this guy; call a spade a spade, instead of standing on: "they're just upholding the law."
    Last edited by NDL; 08.14.22 at 05:43 PM.
    "It wasn't Ed's playing that inspired me, it was his spirit. The playing was merely a manifestation of that spirit." - Speedway

"Van Halen with DLR was "my band," VH with Sam was a band I liked." - Dave's Dreidel

"Eddie may have passed, but he will NEVER die!"

2. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 08:29 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

It's not personal. It's calling a spade a spade. I expect you not to be impartial when it comes to Trump.

You have an unprecedented situation in American history. You of all people should be questioning it vociferously.

4. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    That is not correct about attorneys being present. Roy Cohn would've had a shit fit if the feds would have told him to leave the premises of Studio 54 when they raided it.

On the contrary, Roy Cohn showed up and stood up for his clients (which includedd employees) on the spot. He had a right to read the warrant and make sure it was properly executed and make sure their constitutional rights were not violated.
    It is correct. Law enforcement is under no obligation to allow anyone, including attorneys, to observe what they are doing during searches. They typically remove everyone from the search area.

Is there an argument they should? Yes! But they don’t, and Trump is no outlier.

But I’m certainly willing for you to show me where the FBI is required to do so and routinely does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    I am reluctant to say what I am about to say, as I speak as an uninformed person. But I would imagine - as a former President who's disliked more than many former Presidents - that the security afforded him is intense. I would imagine that anyone visiting the house, food deliveries, etc., are all vetted.

Perhaps the documents might not be a matter of compromising national security, as much as the nature of the documents might be harmful to his political opponents.

Either way, the protocol used in handling this situation was unusual.
    Round the clock Secret Service protection.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

Round the clock Secret Service protection.
    Of course, in addition to whatever added security measures he employs on his own - as he allegedly did when he was occupying the White House.
    "It wasn't Ed's playing that inspired me, it was his spirit. The playing was merely a manifestation of that spirit." - Speedway

"Van Halen with DLR was "my band," VH with Sam was a band I liked." - Dave's Dreidel

8. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    Of course, in addition to whatever added security measures he employs on his own - as he allegedly did when he was occupying the White House.
    Ex presidents also still get intel briefings

Nothing much changes security wise when you leave office.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

10. NDL Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    It's not personal. It's calling a spade a spade. I expect you not to be impartial when it comes to Trump.

You have an unprecedented situation in American history. You of all people should be questioning it vociferously.
    Do you know what the word personal means? It’s applicable when you say you don’t respect ME, as a person.

Look, I’m not going to be lectured about Trump impartiality from the guy who says Trump is political Jesus and the only way forward for America is MAGA.

12. MF5150 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

“The Secret Service does not determine who is invited or welcome at Mar-a-Lago; this is the responsibility of the host entity,” the agency said in a statement late Tuesday. “The Mar-a-Lago club management determines which members and guests are granted access to the property.”

(https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/u...core-ios-share)

Now, I’m a “deranged” person, so understand I’ve likely made this up and faked this article.

Ex presidents also still get intel briefings

Nothing much changes security wise when you leave office.
    Ex-Presidents traditionally get them. Trump does not get them.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Delete

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

“The Secret Service does not determine who is invited or welcome at Mar-a-Lago; this is the responsibility of the host entity,” the agency said in a statement late Tuesday. “The Mar-a-Lago club management determines which members and guests are granted access to the property.”

(https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/u...core-ios-share)

Now, I’m a “deranged” person, so understand I’ve likely made this up and faked this article.
    Except nobody even claimed this .

Ex-Presidents traditionally get them. Trump does not get them.

And? The point is that they can.

again

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Except nobody even claimed this .

And? The point is that they can.

again

How could I POSSIBLY interpret this as possibly suggesting that the Secret Service may vet who enters Mar a Lago.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

How could I POSSIBLY interpret this as bringing up the idea that the Secret Service may vet who enters Mar a Lago. The mind boggles. What a complete non-sequitur.

LM, they don't determine who is invited or welcome but they sure as hell make sure that no harm comes to the president and that the place is secure .

That was the original post I was responding to.

18. NDL Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

It's all BULLSHIT.

This shit should be handled by lawyers on the down low but they need to make Trump this Benedict Arnold/lNixon/Hitler/Putin loving monster.

Anybody with a non anti Trump non partisan bent can see thru this charade.

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

Think about this. This will be the NORM now. No lines are sacred. Republicans are gonna exact revenge.

The FBI and DOJ are tools of the executive branch to wreak havoc on political enemies.

It's open season now. Thanks Joe.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Panama
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Think about this. This will be the NORM now. No lines are sacred. Republicans are gonna exact revenge.
    You've got a point, and it's one that shouldn't be glossed over.

This is getting factious, and while I don't have a grasp of history the way in which others do, this could easily devolve into a third world banana republic scenario.

Record high inflation stressing the Dollar, the launch of the BRICS currency next year.

But nah, everything will be just fine.

22. CaboChris Liked This Post