THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4736
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  9,373
Page 4736 of 4830 FirstFirst ... 37364236463646864726473347344735473647374738473947464786 ... LastLast
Results 71,026 to 71,040 of 72437
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 01:13 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Jan 6. That's what this is about. The reason they deliberately took attorney/client docs and want no independent review
    Every document since Jan 20, 2017.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 11:59 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Well, there are people spending a lot of time in prison, prosecuted by Sessions and Barr, for the same exact “bullshit.”

It’s never happened before because…it’s never happened before. Trump had 18 months to return documents marked classified containing sensitive defense information that they finally had to subpoena…and he still didn’t give them back, keeping them in a place notoriously insecure despite being told these could harm the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Well, there are people spending a lot of time in prison, prosecuted by Sessions and Barr, for the same exact “bullshit.”

It’s never happened before because…it’s never happened before. Trump had 18 months to return documents marked classified containing sensitive defense information that they finally had to subpoena…and he still didn’t give them back, keeping them in a place notoriously insecure despite being told these could harm the US.

Well, they've been going to his house since February and both sides have said there were no issues and it was a cordial experience. So if the fate of the earth was in the balance they would have moved faster.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 01:26 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

When Trump farts, the Democratic owned networks go apeshit.

Where was this story that the DOJ was at their wits end and had no choice lest documents be burned....????

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    You cannot just dismiss that the same investigator is on both cases.

Except that he is the ultimate decider of what is classified and what is not. Do not also forget that he does not pack his own office up, the government employeees do that.

Lastly, the government is already on record as saying that they messed up and packed some boxes that should not have been packed up.

Any disputes should have been handled by subpoena, not raiding the home of an ex president.
    That would make it an even dumber scheme, not a more likely one.

These statutes do not require the documents be classified.

Regardless of who packed them, he had them for 18 months and NARA was asking for them over and over and, ultimately, had to subpoena them. They’d already served a subpoena for the remaining marked documents and were told they had returned all of them. If several agents could find the remaining ones in 9 hours, Trump and his people could have found them in 18 months.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

We finally moved all the way from “you don’t raid an ex president unless you exhaust all other means” to “if they really thought he had these things, they would’ve raided him way faster.”

Is anyone willing to say that, if he did this, Trump should be prosecuted and deserves punishment just as I’ve said the same about the DOJ and Feds if it’s a political hit job where they planted evidence?

8. VH1986, jimmy812 Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard75,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

You DON'T RAID A FORMER PRESIDENTS house over some bullshit like this.

They RAIDED a presidents private house.

Pandora's Box is open. When Trump gets reelected or DeSantis....

Watch out. Payback is a motherfucker

10. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

You DON'T RAID A FORMER PRESIDENTS house over some bullshit like this.

They RAIDED a presidents private house.

Pandora's Box is open. When Trump gets reelected or DeSantis....

Watch out. Payback is a motherfucker
    Yes, AFTER 18 months where he finally had to be subpoenaed to turn this stuff over and he STILL didn’t.

Tell you what, if Biden takes sensitive defense documents that could harm the US after leaving office and refuses to give them back, even upon subpoena, after 18 months and is just storing them at the fucking Ramada Inn or Courtyard Marriott, by all means, raid him.

But way to tacitly endorse using the DOJ as political in reverse even if it turns out this wasn’t that. High road indeed.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

That would make it an even dumber scheme, not a more likely one.

These statutes do not require the documents be classified.

Regardless of who packed them, he had them for 18 months and NARA was asking for them over and over and, ultimately, had to subpoena them. They’d already served a subpoena for the remaining marked documents and were told they had returned all of them. If several agents could find the remaining ones in 9 hours, Trump and his people could have found them in 18 months.

There is/was a dispute here from my understanding. You don't raid a president's private residence, and you do not tell his attorneys that they can't be present either.

They've been at his house since February. This looks really bad. Like Chris and others have pointed out this sets a horrible and scary precedent in America.

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

18 months? So? Over a year. Big fucking deal. LM, if you think this ISN'T politically motivated. I have NO respect for you.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Yes, AFTER 18 months where he finally had to be subpoenaed to turn this stuff over and he STILL didn’t.

Tell you what, if Biden takes sensitive defense documents that could harm the US after leaving office and refuses to give them back, even upon subpoena, after 18 months and is just storing them at the fucking Ramada Inn or Courtyard Marriott, by all means, raid him.

But way to tacitly endorse using the DOJ as political in reverse even if it turns out this wasn’t that. High road indeed.

Are you ignoring things on purpose?

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

18 months? So? Over a year. Big fucking deal. LM, if you think this ISN'T politically motivated. I have NO respect for you.
    His attorneys have been working with them for quite some time. I mean. THEY WERE AT HIS FUCKIN' HOUSE SINCE FEBRUARY

And we can't ignore that Garland has been under pressure from the administration to make a move on Trump.

Guy basically came out the oher day and said "I'm the fall guy"

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

There is/was a dispute here from my understanding. You don't raid a president's private residence, and you do not tell hi attorneys that they can't be present either.

They've been at his house since February. This looks really bad. Like Chris and others have pointed out this sets a horrible and scary precedent in America.
    Attorneys aren’t normally allowed to be present in a search. Now, should that be the case? No. But it’s the way it is. Trump wasn’t treated differently, here.

What do you do, hypothetically, if an ex-President illegally posses documents marked classified, including top secret and above, and over a period of 18 months you get some back and eventually have to subpoena the rest. You’re told “that’s everything, nice working with you,” and later an informant tells you, “Nope, he’s still got some he’s hiding from you.”

Where do you draw the line? Now, if it’s Roger Stone’s pardon, maybe you approach again. If it’s a list of CIA identities and locations, maybe you raid. The government says it’s sensitive. Maybe they’re lying. Trump says it isn’t. Maybe he’s lying.

But it seems to you can’t unequivocally say you’d never conduct a search.

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

I don’t know if it is or isn’t.

Funny I’m the one who is open to actual evidence this is a political hatchet job, but you’re not open to the fact Trump may have committed serious crimes.

Thanks for making this personal. Again. You even brought up my kids one time making it personal with me. I guess you must have mistaken me as someone who gives a flying fucking shit whether you respect me or not.

Are you ignoring things on purpose?
    You mean like Trump ignoring a subpoena? Who cares if they’d been to his house? They finally had to subpoena the docs and he STILL didn’t turn them over. What do you do after an ignored subpoena? Ask pretty please with cherries on top?

18. MF5150, jimmy812, cabomiro Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

That is not correct about attorneys being present. Roy Cohn would've had a shit fit if the feds would have told him to leave the premises of Studio 54 when they raided it.

On the contrary, Roy Cohn showed up and stood up for his clients (which included employees) on the spot. He had a right to read the warrant and make sure it was properly executed and make sure their constitutional rights were not violated.