THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4720
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  9,379
Page 4720 of 4830 FirstFirst ... 372042204620467047104717471847194720472147224723473047704820 ... LastLast
Results 70,786 to 70,800 of 72442
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Yeah, this raid doesn't pass the smell test.
    I’d be more shocked if you and certain others said it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

Mitch does have a Mafia fetish.

One I share...
    Of course, it goes without saying that the true acronym for FBI is: "Forever Bothering Italians"

Yeah, this raid doesn't pass the smell test.

I've never seen the federal government this afraid of a potential run.

The man is a legend.
    Their claim is that they're guardians acting in stewardship of "rightly applying the law." Yet the truth is that neither "side" has, over the past several years, approached things in a lawful fashion.

Secondly, their actions are only galvanizing the political Right - an undesirable effect. My question is: "what's their plan in all of this?" Surely there must be some psychology behind all of this, because I cannot imagine that they're doing this by the seat of their pants.

If they had any sense, they would instead approach the situation with an Obama like approach: Obama liked to appeal to people via reason. Of course there will always be the unconvinced, but the Clinton approach of governing down the middle such that you remove the arguments of your political opposition, or the Obama approach of using reason to defang your political opposition, is surely better than the current approach, which only galvanizes the fringe elements of both political sides.

Instead, the current approach galvanizes the fringe. Is that their plan for success? Alienate the majority of Americans through partisan politics? That approach worked *really* well with moderate voters in the 90's, when the GOP went after Clinton.
    "It wasn't Ed's playing that inspired me, it was his spirit. The playing was merely a manifestation of that spirit." - Speedway

"Van Halen with DLR was "my band," VH with Sam was a band I liked." - Dave's Dreidel

"Eddie may have passed, but he will NEVER die!"

3. CaboChris Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic/Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 08:36 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableSupremely-Liked100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    He should just shoot someone on 5th Avenue and get it over with, so we have something more ironclad to discuss.
    Those excuses from the ‘regulars’ would be priceless.

My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic, Panama
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Those excuses from the ‘regulars’ would be priceless.
    Dems don't like Trump; it's partisan politics; that's all it is, and it is blatantly obvious.

The GOP hated the Clintons in the 90's; they had their go at Bill, and now the Dems are returning the favor.

Yet seeking to leverage the affection of American voters through moral arguments won't work, because their facade is a veneer.

If they had any sense, they'd have Joe connecting with the people - his folksy charm is one of his attributes - and they'd appeal to the average voter through the superiority of their platform. For some strange reason, however, this is not the course they've chosen.

Lots of people on the political Right weren't thrilled when Obama had gotten elected in '08, but a measure of their discontent was quieted when they got a $4,500 stipend through his "cash for clunkers" program. "Obamacare" was a bogeyman for awhile, until some underinsured/uninsured citizens were treated for their ailments - of which are three that I personally know of, that had received operations at taxpayer expense.

My question: how is the current President appealing to his constituents?
    Last edited by NDL; 08.11.22 at 10:16 AM.
    "It wasn't Ed's playing that inspired me, it was his spirit. The playing was merely a manifestation of that spirit." - Speedway

"Van Halen with DLR was "my band," VH with Sam was a band I liked." - Dave's Dreidel

"Eddie may have passed, but he will NEVER die!"

6. MD 5150, CaboChris, ziggysmalls Liked This Post
    Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 05:58 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable5,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by NDL View Post
    Dems don't like Trump; it's partisan politics; that's all it is, and it is blatantly obvious.

The GOP hated the Clintons in the 90's; they had their go at Bill, and now the Dems are returning the favor.

Yet seeking to leverage the affection of American voters through moral arguments won't work, because their facade is a veneer.

If they had any sense, they'd have Joe connecting with the people - his folksy charm is one of his attributes - and they'd appeal to the average voter through the superiority of their platform. For some strange reason, however, this is not the course they've chosen.

Lots of people on the political Right weren't thrilled when Obama had gotten elected in '08, but a measure of their discontent was quieted when they got a $4,500 stipend through his "cash for clunkers" program. "Obamacare" was a bogeyman for awhile, until some underinsured/uninsured citizens were treated for their ailments - of which are three that I personally know of, that had received operations at taxpayer expense.

My question: how is the current President appealing to his constituents?
    By catching COVID and hiding in the bunker

Seriously his approval went up with him being in Q. He did get some stuff done on the D Agenda so its likely some progressives are like "Now you get it....." The raid will help because you are right the Dems fascination with Trump is up there and beyond Clinton and the GOP. Actually I really think most of the distaste for Bill was really Hillary. He is popular. She still isn't. I think if Bill was married to a Laura Bush type of first lady, shit would have been different.

I think the left really doesn't understand that most of the conservative people wish Trump would go away. I see what they are doing. They are poking a bear which is Trump. They are pissing him off so much that he is going to raise up on his hindquarters and roar. People are going to get pissed becuse while they may8 be sick of Trump, the really hate Democrats. So he won't go away.

Then you have DeSantis who the left hates almost as much as Trump. He is out there and getting popular. Yes I know he is the Devil. Yes I know if Trump is Hitler, he is Goebels. Maybe Stalin. Pick whatever dictate du jour. Now he will sink the Democrats in 2024. So how do you hurt him? Get Trump back in the spotlight and being a sympathetic figure. So now its Trump vs DeSantis. Split the party. Make them pissed off

Maybe DeSantis wins the GOP now Trump cries and runs as an Independant. Kamala, Joe or ST Pete with his lactating nipples now is going to win 2024

Bank on this is the strategy of keeping Trump alive

8. NDL Liked This Post
    Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 09:04 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

So it seems Trump was issued a subpoena in June. Agents met with his team and some documents labeled classified “Top Secret” or higher were handed over.

This suggests (according to Newsweek it was an informant) the DOJ later had reason to believe he did not turn over all the documents the subpoena required.

AG Garland set a press conference that was supposed to start at 230pm eastern but hasn’t started yet.

EDIT: The AG says he personally approved seeking the warrant, they did not make the decision lightly, other means where attempted and a search was a last resort, copies of the warrant and list of taken items were given to Trump’s attorney, and that they filed a motion to unseal the warrant and make it public.

Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 08.11.22 at 12:12 PM.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Yesterday @ 02:08 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    So it seems Trump was issued a subpoena in June. Agents met with his team and some documents labeled classified “Top Secret” or higher were handed over.

This suggests (according to Newsweek it was an informant) the DOJ later had reason to believe he did not turn over all the documents the subpoena required.

AG Garland set a press conference that was supposed to start at 230pm eastern but hasn’t started yet.

EDIT: The AG says he personally approved seeking the warrant, they did not make the decision lightly, other means where attempted and a search was a last resort, copies of the warrant and list of taken items were given to Trump’s attorney, and that they filed a motion to unseal the warrant and make it public.

https://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/thr...DENCY/page4719

What is your take?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster25,000 VHL Life Points100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Wait and see. I have a healthy skepticism of law enforcement but it’s tough for me to fathom they’d do this without real good reason.

Garland saying he personally approved this contradicts the Newsweek piece, which puts that whole piece up for questioning, like an informant is who gave them the information. I also don’t believe it mentioned the earlier subpoena that came before this search.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

WCTBL
    Last Online

Today @ 08:42 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points15,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-LikedVeteran

Drumpf's new theme song.

=VH=

13. Little Dreamer Liked This Post
    Hot For Teacher

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

H A I L
    Last Online

Today @ 12:09 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Top Leadoff Hitter

The big news today, that the big 3 networks interrupted regular programming to announce and discuss, was that the warrant might be unsealed. That's it... that's the big deal. The announce that something might happen, or not.

The Justice Department is asking a federal court to unseal the warrant the FBI used to search the Mar-a-Lago estate of former President Donald Trump, Attorney General Merrick Garland said Thursday, acknowledging extraordinary public interest in the case about classified records.

The request is striking because such documents traditionally remain sealed during a pending investigation. But the Justice Department appeared to recognize that its silence since the search had created a vacuum for bitter verbal attacks by Trump and his allies and Garland wanted to provide the FBI’s side for what led to the action.

“The public’s clear and powerful interest in understanding what occurred under these circumstances weighs heavily in favor of unsealing,” said a motion filed in federal court in Florida on Thursday seeking the unsealing.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...0d2180d078fcb6

Should the warrant be released — the request is now with the judge, and Trump can object — it could disclose potentially unflattering information about the former president and his handling of sensitive government documents right as he prepares for another run for the White House. During his successful 2016 campaign, he pointed frequently to an FBI investigation into his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, over whether she mishandled classified information.
    R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen ~~ The Einstein of Rock Guitar ~~

Light Up The Sky

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Trump has characterized the search as baseless, and his attorney said there’s nothing criminal in there, some might be classified but inconsequential. However, they won’t release the list of what they were looking for nor the manifest of taken items.

The NY Times says, however, “Two people briefed on the classified documents that investigators believe remained at Mar-a-Lago indicated that they were so sensitive in nature, and related to national security, that the Justice Department had to act.” Also, it says, “[T]he inventory provided to Mr. Trump’s team does reference an array of sensitive material, according to a person with knowledge of the matter. For example, it alludes to miscellaneous confidential documents as well some labeled ‘top secret.’”

So now Garland has filed a motion to unseal the list of items they were looking for and the manifest of taken items.

However, according to the Times President Trump is discussing opposing unsealing the warrant and manifest and his team has already contact lawyers to help them do so.

Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 08.11.22 at 03:23 PM.

16. MF5150, VH1986 Liked This Post
    Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by VH1986 View Post
    Drumpf's new theme song.

Forum Frontman
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Donor

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

I wish he’d just tell us 1. Who shot Kennedy and why, 2. Who was DB cooper, 3. How much gold is in Fort Knox, and 4. The whole “man from Nantucket” joke.

Then bye.

19. VH1986 Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:58 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by fudd View Post
    I wish he’d just tell us 1. Who shot Kennedy and why, 2. Who was DB cooper, 3. How much gold is in Fort Knox, and 4. The whole “man from Nantucket” joke.

Then bye.

I was really hoping he'd tell us about UFos Area 51, give me something
    Dealing with it.

21. MD 5150, VH1986 Liked This Post
    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Today @ 05:37 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Elite Daily PosterMaster PraiserRookie25,000 VHL Life PointsSupremely-Liked
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum Rookie-Of-The-Year

Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    I was really hoping he'd tell us about UFos Area 51, give me something
    I was just going to type that. Is one of these on lockdown?

Last edited by MD 5150; 08.11.22 at 05:29 PM.

23. rchop84, VH1986 Liked This Post