THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4059
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,669
Page 4059 of 4200 FirstFirst ... 305935593959400940494056405740584059406040614062406941094159 ... LastLast
Results 60,871 to 60,885 of 62992
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

10.12.20 @ 06:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    Sorry had a typo there I meant Obama was not being re elected
    I understand the concerns with the election, they are on both sides, but even nominated someone now, I don’t see anyway they are confirmed before the election in order to have a full court.
    There will be no way the Dems will allow a speedy confirmation. But I agree with you, no matter who wins in a few weeks, the other side is going to cry foul. The only way to avoid that is an overwhelming landslide victory with heavy ballot voting out numbering the possible mail in counts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not much the Dems could do about it except some delay tactics and any judicial action would be fast tracked anyway.

If anyone is wondering there have been justices appointed with less time than we have now before the election. I think sitting Justice Breyer is one.

We’ll see.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Ruth Bader Ginsberg Denounced Democrat Push to Stack Supreme Court

AWR Hawkins 19 Sep 2020

Footage from an interview with NPR shows the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg denouncing the Democrats’ push to stack the Supreme Court of the United States.

The video shows Ginsberg being asked about the number of justices on SCOTUS and she said, “There is no fixed number in the Constitution. So this court has had as few as five, as many as ten. Nine seems to be a good number, and it’s been that way for a long time.”

She added, “I have heard there are some on the Democrat side who would like to increase the number of judges.” She mentioned that President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s wanted to stack SCOTUS, and she made clear she thought “it was a bad idea.”

Ginsberg addressed the problem of the court appearing partisan, then said, “If anything would make the court appear partisan, it would be…one side saying, ‘When we’re in power, it was only to enlarge the number of justices so we would have more people vote the way we wanted them to.'”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...supreme-court/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 07:06 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

She also denounced not giving Garland a vote, but something tells me while it’s important she denounced packing, it’s somehow not important she thought Garland should get a vote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. It's Mike Liked This Post
    Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    She also denounced not giving Garland a vote, but something tells me while it’s important she denounced packing, it’s somehow not important she thought Garland should get a vote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Do you support packing the courts?

Talk to that something and ask it why it’s telling you this.

And you and I were talking about packing the courts, not about Garland.

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Do you support packing the courts?

Talk to that something and ask it why it’s telling you this.
    I’ve already said I don’t support packing.

I supported Garland getting a vote and I also think Trump should get to nominate and get a vote.

What the Republicans are missing is I guarantee just about anybody who’s not a registered Republican thinks this move, in the context of 2016, is complete, fucking bullshit, and I’m also totally sympathetic to that.

If the Democrats move to pack after Republicans do this, well, “reap what you sow” comes to mind.

There’s nothing illegal about what the Republicans are doing, and nothing illegal about adding to the number of justices. One’s partisan prism will determine which one is palatable.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

So you think he should nominate and get a vote. And how would you feel if the nomination wins the vote and gets seated?

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Tulsi Gabbard Wants to End Ballot Harvesting so our Votes Will Count, Leads Bi-Partisan effort - David Harris Jr.

1 hour ago

Democrat US Rep, and former Presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, posted a public service announcement on her Twitter account urging people to support her resolution “to protect the integrity of US elections and our Democracy,” she said.

“It is critical to remember that the strength of democracy rests in the integrity of our system of where third parties can deliver ballots to other people, including large groups of people. Our Vote is our Voice, so whether we are in a pandemic or not, no one should get in between a voter and the ballot box.,” Gabbard said.

“Every one of us must have faith in our system that our vote will count. But right now there are still many states in the country that allow Ballot Harvesting.

There is abuse from third parties and election fraud, and we need to protect act the chain of custody with the Ballots,”Gabbard said.

WATCH:

Breitbart reported on Gabbard’s Bill and said, “The plan would require that states only permit mail-in ballots to be handled by election officials, mail carriers, family members, and caregivers of the voter.

Nevada’s June primary shows huge issues with mail-in voting. In Las Vegas, Nevada, more than 223,000 mail-in ballots were deemed “undeliverable” in the election — about 17 percent of the total number of mail-in ballots sent out to voters, unsolicited.

Federal election data reveals that since 2012, about 28.4 million mail-in ballots have gone missing in each of the last four election cycles. According to Pew Research Center analysis, there are potentially 24 million ineligible or inaccurate voter registrations on state voter rolls.

Recent data has not shown a compelling public health justification for mail-in voting. In Wisconsin’s April election, only 52 of more than 400,000 voters and poll workers were confirmed to have contracted the Chinese coronavirus. None of those cases were fatal. This equals an infection rate below two-hundredths of one percent.”

https://davidharrisjr.com/kari/video...UH-cn-z9B7KEoQ

November will be a shit show

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

So you think he should nominate and get a vote. And how would you feel if the nomination wins the vote and gets seated?
    I’d feel like, cool, that’s how it supposed to work. I wish the Republicans weren’t such assholes that they didn’t do that 4 years ago.

And then if the Dems attempt to pack, if they win, I’ll be against it. I’ll also laugh my ass off at people who supported not voting Garland, supported voting whoever this will be, but are beside themselves at a completely legal move to add justices.

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

Today @ 02:42 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Well-LikedKnight Of Da Roundtable25,000 VHL Life PointsMaster Praiser

You just know the salacious, degrading accusations and possible skeletons in the nominee’s closet are about to be paraded for the public’s consumption. It’s gonna be a sad shit show.
    Somehow befitting the year 2020.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by wombattt View Post
    You just know the salacious, degrading accusations and possible skeletons in the nominee’s closet are about to be paraded for the public’s consumption. It’s gonna be a sad shit show.
    Somehow befitting the year 2020.
    Here’s the thing, Dems have to be careful. The last time they attacked Barrett it went over like a fart in church. They went on a Catholic bash fest like it was Cuba 1970.

Right before an election, the sight of Leftists attacking her religious faith and her being a woman is something that will explode in their faces.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 09.20.20 at 06:11 AM.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    I’d feel like, cool, that’s how it supposed to work. I wish the Republicans weren’t such assholes that they didn’t do that 4 years ago.

And then if the Dems attempt to pack, if they win, I’ll be against it. I’ll also laugh my ass off at people who supported not voting Garland, supported voting whoever this will be, but are beside themselves at a completely legal move to add justices.

It will be nothing to laugh about but if that’s how you feel, cool. So basically you don’t really have a problem with it.

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

Mitch McConnell’s Kentucky home targeted in Supreme Court vacancy protest

Reports were unclear on whether McConnell was at home in Kentucky or in Washington on Saturday.

At least one protester was arrested Saturday after a group of about 100 people gathered outside the Kentucky home of Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell.

The Senate majority leader is a key figure in determining whether a nominee appointed by President Trump will succeed the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court before Election Day.

“Ruth Sent Us,” and “No Ethics No Shame,” read some of the signs carried by crowd members in Louisville, local FOX station WDRB-TV reported.

“Hey-hey, ho-ho, Mitch McConnell has got to go,” others chanted.

Reports were unclear on whether McConnell was at home in Kentucky or in Washington on Saturday.

In addition to the impending battle over the court vacancy, McConnell, 78 – a member of the Senate since 1985 -- also faces a reelection fight on Kentucky’s November ballot.

One protester was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and improper parking, after police determined she used a pharmacy parking lot without planning to patronize the store, the Courier Journal of Louisville reported.

After facing the towing of her vehicle, the woman went inside the store and bought a six-pack of beer but police arrested her anyway, the report said.

The arrest prompted other protesters to start chanting, and one member of the crowd kicked a glass door and damaged it, the newspaper reported.

Other protesters agreed to move vehicles that were blocking traffic on a nearby street, following a police request.

Any Supreme Court nominee selected by Trump must win confirmation from the GOP-led Senate before joining the court on a lifetime appointment. The process includes confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

As Senate leader, McConnell would determine when or if a vote on a nomination would be held. Democrats and some Republicans have argued that any vote on a Trump court pick should be delayed until after the Nov. 3 presidential election.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

But McConnell has faced criticism for his 2016 decision to deny former President Barack Obama a Senate vote on his high-court choice, Merrick Garland, with the 2016 election between Trump and Hillary Clinton just months away.

In his Senate race, McConnell is seeking a seventh term. He is facing Democrat Amy McGrath, a former U.S. Marine Corps fighter pilot.

A new Quinnipiac University poll released last week showed McConnell with a double-digit lead over McGrath, the Courier Journal reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mit...acancy-protest

These idiots don’t understand that they’re playing right into Mitch’s hands.
    Keep it up

Hot For Teacher
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

Today @ 07:33 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:

These hearings will make the Bork/ Thomas/ Kavanaugh hearings look boring. This will be an all time low for American government. They can hear the suction machines of the abortion clinics going silent.
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

Hang 'Em High
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

Today @ 01:49 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

Megyn Kelly kind of hits the nail on the head with this via twitter.

Megyn Kelly
    @megynkelly
    ·
    20h
    -RBG’s (understandable) final wish will have no effect. B/c, politics.
    -McConnell etc will be hypocritical to hold a vote in an election year. But, politics.
    -Dems have no leg to stand on in objecting, since they gleefully supported H. Reid changing Sen rules on judges.
    Politics!

Hang 'Em High

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:

It will be nothing to laugh about but if that’s how you feel, cool. So basically you don’t really have a problem with it.
    I do have an issue with it. The laughter will be saved for people who think they contributed nothing to the situation and yet contributed equally to this escalation.

I’m sorry you think Republicans finding legal ways to only put Republican appointees on the court, because they can is okay, but Democrats finding legal ways to put only Democratic appointees on the court, because they can, isn’t ok.