THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4080
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  3,635
Page 4080 of 4196 FirstFirst ... 308035803980403040704077407840794080408140824083409041304180 ... LastLast
Results 61,186 to 61,200 of 62931
  1. #61186
    Hot For Teacher
    jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,082
    Posts Per Day
    1.68
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Likes (Given)
    686
    Likes (Received)
    712
    Thanks (Given)
    1305
    Thanks (Received)
    657

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rchop84 View Post
    God, what an embarrassment. It may be too awkward to watch
    Yeah, I may need to have some bourbon on standby Tues night...just in case.

  2. #61187
    Mean Street
    I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    47,940
    Posts Per Day
    6.62
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2144
    Likes (Received)
    1774
    Thanks (Given)
    21678
    Thanks (Received)
    25222


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

    Default

    It will truly be must see television at its finest.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  3. #61188
    Hot For Teacher
    edwardv's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.01
    Age
    62
    Location
    hanover pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,430
    Posts Per Day
    2.09
    Favorite VH Album

    diver down
    Favorite VH Song

    drop dead legs
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:06 AM
    Likes (Given)
    933
    Likes (Received)
    514
    Thanks (Given)
    7761
    Thanks (Received)
    4186


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    I'd like to see all elected persons drug tested period.

    Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk
    10-6-2020 RIP King of sixstrings.

  4. #61189
    Top Of The World

    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    4,211
    Posts Per Day
    0.70
    Last Online

    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Likes (Given)
    66
    Likes (Received)
    95
    Thanks (Given)
    346
    Thanks (Received)
    600

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserWell-Liked15,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    These two are probably on so much prescription meds this mystery debate enhancing drug wouldn't show up on a test
    Dealing with it.

  5. #61190
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    41
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,976
    Posts Per Day
    4.10
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    51
    Likes (Received)
    742
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    It is beyond sickening. This is why abortion as it stands in this country is soon to be gone.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #61191
    Everybody Wants Some!!

    Join Date
    01.10.12
    Posts
    35,555
    Posts Per Day
    11.06
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

    10.12.20 @ 06:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2194
    Likes (Received)
    2108
    Thanks (Given)
    22621
    Thanks (Received)
    19663

    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Congeniality Award

    Default

    Trump Supreme Court pick Amy Coney Barrett faces 'White colonizer' attacks, other criticism from left, media

    Barrett faces criticism for adopting two Black children from Haiti, as well as her devout Catholic faith

    Danielle Wallace 2 hours ago




    Democrats, the media and activists have ramped up their attacks against Amy Coney Barrett, President Trump’s nomination to succeed the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U.S. Supreme Court.

    Ibram X. Kendi, an American author who became the new director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University in July, railed against Barrett on Twitter for adopting two Black children from Haiti, equating her and her husband to “White colonizers.”

    “Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity,” Kendi wrote Saturday.

    He was responding to a since-deleted tweet about White parents adopting Black children.

    “And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist,” Kendi continued.

    “I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' and the bots completely change what I’m saying to ‘White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.’ These live and fake bots are good at their propaganda. Let’s not argue with them.”

    The conservative Barrett, 48, currently serves as a judge on the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. She is a devout Catholic and a working mother to seven children, including two adopted children from Haiti. She previously clerked for the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died in 2016, and is devoted to the literal interpretation of the Constitution known as originalism.

    Critics claim her nomination risks an overturn of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 landmark Supreme Court decision that guarantees a woman’s right to an abortion, as well as the Affordable Care Act or ObamaCare.

    “Make no mistake: A vote for Judge Amy Coney Barrett is a vote to eliminate health care for millions of Americans and to end protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions in the middle the COVID-19 pandemic,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer tweeted Sunday.

    Other Democrats, including Sen. Ed Markey, who co-authored the Green New Deal with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, have also threatened to pack the Supreme Court.

    A member of the Hollywood elite, actress Debra Messing, accused Trump of pushing to have Barrett approved for the Supreme Court before November so she can vote him in for a second term if the election results are contested.

    Meanwhile, songwriter Diane Warren said Barrett was a hybrid of Aunt Lydia, a character in "The Handmaid’s Tale," and a Stepford wife.

    Newsweek had to run a correction after incorrectly reporting that Barrett was affiliated with the same group that inspired "The Handmaid’s Tale," the popular Amazon series based on the novel by Margaret Atwood depicting a fictional society that forces the few remaining fertile women into sexual servitude.

    The publication incorrectly claimed that the novel was based on People of Praise, a Christian parachurch organization based in South Bend, Ind., which Barrett and her husband both have ties to. Atwood has never said "The Handmaid’s Tale" was inspired by People of Praise, and a 2017 profile on the author published by The New Yorker mentions a newspaper clipping as part of her research for the book of a different Catholic group, People of Hope.


    Barrett is Trump's third Supreme Court nomination. after Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch.


    https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...-media-attacks
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

    "But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

    "Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

    'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

    "I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

    "My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

    "But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

  7. #61192
    Hang 'Em High
    JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,856
    Posts Per Day
    3.61
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Likes (Given)
    3890
    Likes (Received)
    1230
    Thanks (Given)
    48590
    Thanks (Received)
    14288

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MAP (Most Active Poster)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Trump Supreme Court pick Amy Coney Barrett faces 'White colonizer' attacks, other criticism from left, media

    Barrett faces criticism for adopting two Black children from Haiti, as well as her devout Catholic faith

    Danielle Wallace 2 hours ago




    Democrats, the media and activists have ramped up their attacks against Amy Coney Barrett, President Trump’s nomination to succeed the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U.S. Supreme Court.

    Ibram X. Kendi, an American author who became the new director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University in July, railed against Barrett on Twitter for adopting two Black children from Haiti, equating her and her husband to “White colonizers.”

    “Some White colonizers ‘adopted’ Black children. They ‘civilized’ these ‘savage’ children in the ‘superior’ ways of White people, while using them as props in their lifelong pictures of denial, while cutting the biological parents of these children out of the picture of humanity,” Kendi wrote Saturday.

    He was responding to a since-deleted tweet about White parents adopting Black children.

    “And whether this is Barrett or not is not the point. It is a belief too many White people have: if they have or adopt a child of color, then they can't be racist,” Kendi continued.

    “I’m challenging the idea that White parents of kids of color are inherently 'not racist' and the bots completely change what I’m saying to ‘White parents of kids of color are inherently racist.’ These live and fake bots are good at their propaganda. Let’s not argue with them.”

    The conservative Barrett, 48, currently serves as a judge on the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. She is a devout Catholic and a working mother to seven children, including two adopted children from Haiti. She previously clerked for the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died in 2016, and is devoted to the literal interpretation of the Constitution known as originalism.

    Critics claim her nomination risks an overturn of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 landmark Supreme Court decision that guarantees a woman’s right to an abortion, as well as the Affordable Care Act or ObamaCare.

    “Make no mistake: A vote for Judge Amy Coney Barrett is a vote to eliminate health care for millions of Americans and to end protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions in the middle the COVID-19 pandemic,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer tweeted Sunday.

    Other Democrats, including Sen. Ed Markey, who co-authored the Green New Deal with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, have also threatened to pack the Supreme Court.

    A member of the Hollywood elite, actress Debra Messing, accused Trump of pushing to have Barrett approved for the Supreme Court before November so she can vote him in for a second term if the election results are contested.

    Meanwhile, songwriter Diane Warren said Barrett was a hybrid of Aunt Lydia, a character in "The Handmaid’s Tale," and a Stepford wife.

    Newsweek had to run a correction after incorrectly reporting that Barrett was affiliated with the same group that inspired "The Handmaid’s Tale," the popular Amazon series based on the novel by Margaret Atwood depicting a fictional society that forces the few remaining fertile women into sexual servitude.

    The publication incorrectly claimed that the novel was based on People of Praise, a Christian parachurch organization based in South Bend, Ind., which Barrett and her husband both have ties to. Atwood has never said "The Handmaid’s Tale" was inspired by People of Praise, and a 2017 profile on the author published by The New Yorker mentions a newspaper clipping as part of her research for the book of a different Catholic group, People of Hope.


    Barrett is Trump's third Supreme Court nomination. after Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch.


    https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...-media-attacks
    So far, pretty desperate and pathetic attacks, but not surprising in the least.

  8. bklynboy68 Liked This Post
  9. #61193
    Hang 'Em High

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    19,411
    Posts Per Day
    3.05
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Likes (Given)
    153
    Likes (Received)
    348
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    This professor on Facebook says a White person adopting a Black child who “doesn’t care” that the child is a different race could be both racist or anti-racist depending upon what “doesn’t care” means.

    It’s 2020, and people are adopting without caring about color and it could still be racist.

    I always say there’s a bit more racism than the right thinks and a bit less than the left thinks, but when the amount shrinks, that doesn’t mean we say things that used to be a goal are now racist.

    It’s like you have to have a constant amount of racism and progress is bad.

    Totally ridiculous line for the left to be going after.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #61194
    Top Of The World
    Rokgtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.14.99
    Posts
    3,974
    Posts Per Day
    0.52
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    90
    Likes (Received)
    74
    Thanks (Given)
    1325
    Thanks (Received)
    1660


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

    Default

    Somebody please rescue those poor children from the terrible racists that are trying to hide their racism by adopting them!

  11. #61195
    Top Of The World
    Rokgtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.14.99
    Posts
    3,974
    Posts Per Day
    0.52
    Last Online

    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Likes (Given)
    90
    Likes (Received)
    74
    Thanks (Given)
    1325
    Thanks (Received)
    1660


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

    Default

    So, my dads best friend is a black man. Dad worked with him for 40 plus years, and they both love to fish. They tournament fish together. He married a white woman in the 70’s; she had a 5 or 6 year old daughter. This girls biological father wanted nothing to do with her. My dads friend stepped in and raised that little girl as his own. Took her everywhere, loved her as if she was biologically his. He went on to have 2 more daughters with his wife. The one that isn’t biologically his loves him like he is her father, because he is her father. Not the asshole that abandoned her.

    My dads friend (he’s my friend too) is also conservative as hell and is a Trump supporter.

    I guess this all must be problematic too; she must have been brainwashed or something.

    Jeezus

  12. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  13. #61196
    Hot For Teacher
    jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,082
    Posts Per Day
    1.68
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Likes (Given)
    686
    Likes (Received)
    712
    Thanks (Given)
    1305
    Thanks (Received)
    657

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Looks like Trump's taxes are making a return to the spotlight. Naturally. What timing. NY Times has a new article about it.

    He was asked about it, but said it's "fake news." Again, naturally.

    He said he will release them once the audit is done. This audit is taking a long fucking time. At least 4 years now.

  14. #61197
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    41
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    18,976
    Posts Per Day
    4.10
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    51
    Likes (Received)
    742
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Energizer Bunny

    Default




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #61198
    Hang 'Em High

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    19,411
    Posts Per Day
    3.05
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Likes (Given)
    153
    Likes (Received)
    348
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Looks like Trump's taxes are making a return to the spotlight. Naturally. What timing. NY Times has a new article about it.

    He was asked about it, but said it's "fake news." Again, naturally.

    He said he will release them once the audit is done. This audit is taking a long fucking time. At least 4 years now.
    I looked through it.

    Basically it says he paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016 and $750 in 2017, and $0 in 10 of the last 15 years.

    In his 2018 disclosure he said he’d made $450 million but his taxes show he lost $50 million.

    According to his taxes, his core enterprises—golf courses and hotels—lose millions to tens of millions year after year after year. His Apprentice revenue is nearly gone and so is the money from stocks, so if his taxes are to be believed, his financial situation isn’t great.

    Also, the IRS commissioner denies he’s under audit.

    I’m not gonna beat someone up for avoiding taxes. The reaction to this is preordained anyway. ‘If they show he’s as rich as he says, it’s a Trump win. If it shows he’s skilled at avoiding taxes, Trump win. Trump haters just gonna hate.’

    Also, there’s literally a tweet for everything.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 09.27.20 at 04:18 PM.

  16. Mama's Fool Liked This Post
  17. #61199
    Hot For Teacher
    jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,082
    Posts Per Day
    1.68
    Last Online

    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Likes (Given)
    686
    Likes (Received)
    712
    Thanks (Given)
    1305
    Thanks (Received)
    657

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Yeah I would think, as braggadocious as Trump is, if his finances were in perfect order, he'd be showing them off.

  18. #61200
    Hang 'Em High
    MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    32
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,005
    Posts Per Day
    3.17
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Likes (Given)
    350
    Likes (Received)
    324
    Thanks (Given)
    1201
    Thanks (Received)
    1150

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserWell-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Yeah I would think, as braggadocious as Trump is, if his finances were in perfect order, he'd be showing them off.
    You think?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. President Bush And Vice President Dick Cheney To Be Arrested Upon Visiting Vermont
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03.06.08, 03:39 PM
  2. Donald Fagen
    By VanHagar4Life in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.01.06, 07:49 AM
  3. Donald Trump fires Chewbacca!
    By Wolfie3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.10.05, 07:13 AM
  4. Who runs this??Ray Daniels??
    By littleguitars in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.06.01, 10:54 AM
  5. Australia mourns - Sir Donald Bradman dies, aged 92
    By Goo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02.25.01, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •