THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY - Page 4189
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  4,339
Page 4189 of 4280 FirstFirst ... 31893689408941394179418641874188418941904191419241994239 ... LastLast
Results 62,821 to 62,835 of 64200
  1. #62821
    Hot For Teacher

    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    14,834
    Posts Per Day
    3.65
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    233
    Thanks (Given)
    843
    Thanks (Received)
    2306

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    It's possible. But removing the context that he was talking to George Lopez really tries to drive that home without giving a plausible explanation that a guy was referring back to the celebrity he's talking to, and perhaps the redirect was a way for him to slow down to avoid stuttering.

    I tend to think it's more likely he lost his way and referred to the person he was talking to to give him time to regroup his thoughts than he actually was referring to Trump as George Bush.

    At the very least the context that he was talking to someone named George is important.
    Pelosi did the same thing a few years ago. She called Trump George Bush also.

    I get what you're saying, but. George Bush... George Lopez... Biden sounds lost. Just lost. That's the biggest point.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  2. #62822
    Take Your Whiskey Home

    Join Date
    03.07.16
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,449
    Posts Per Day
    3.15
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 12:46 PM
    Likes (Given)
    593
    Likes (Received)
    457
    Thanks (Given)
    6167
    Thanks (Received)
    5861

    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life Points

    Default

    Glad the courts ruled DOJ can not defend trump in his rape trial. Just no place for DOJ to be was not something that occurred as president and really defending personal bad behavior allegations is not a mud pit Doj should be in

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  3. #62823
    Hang 'Em High

    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    19,662
    Posts Per Day
    3.08
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Likes (Given)
    183
    Likes (Received)
    475
    Thanks (Given)
    1306
    Thanks (Received)
    4442

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da RoundtableElite Daily Poster

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Pelosi did the same thing a few years ago. She called Trump George Bush also.

    I get what you're saying, but. George Bush... George Lopez... Biden sounds lost. Just lost. That's the biggest point.
    Sure, but doesn't Trump do it, too? Yo, semites. Thighland. He thinks remembering 5 words is impressive.

    I'm dead serious when I say I'd like a reporter to ask Trump what the three branches of government are. I don't think he could name them. And it's amazing he thinks the DOJ should represent him in a personal trial.

    There is poison on both sides.

  4. #62824
    Hang 'Em High
    ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    16,604
    Posts Per Day
    2.67
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 01:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    403
    Likes (Received)
    746
    Thanks (Given)
    4379
    Thanks (Received)
    6704

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

    Default

    There is a huge difference with the GOP picking Trump in 2016 and the Democrats picking Biden in 2020. For one, Trump was a huge underdog when he started. He definitely wasn't beloved by the GOP nor with any of the other candidates. He was Tulsi Gabbard with no filter. We all saw what happened to Tulsi. He was anti establishment. Sanders was the anti-establishment candidate in 2020. We all saw what happened to Sanders. Not once but twice

    "Hey Pete. I need you to shut down the Monday before Super Tuesday. Yeah I know you spent a year campaigning across all those states and want to see your hard work come to fruition but we can't afford to have Bernie pick up states. Oh by the way do you have Amy K's phone number? Yeah I know we gift wrapped it to Hillary 4 years ago and are doing the same here but remember we are the good guys"

    The GOP on the other hand did whatever they could to prevent Trump from gaining any momentum. Eventually it was too much so they figured it was best to get out of the way instead of interferring. Trump went after the Bushes whos allies are firmly entrenched into the GOP. Part of the reason why you have the so called Lincoln Project. Its all full of buddies of Bush. They all lost their influence and are seriously pissed.

    You wait until Trump loses and see where all these guys go. Back to their jobs influencing. They are like the John Kerry's of the GOP. Look how well that guy did. Trump's son did more for peace in Israel than that guy did his entire political career.

    Anyway not only do we get the gang back together but we get them to partner with the new gang of AOC and the like.

  5. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  6. #62825
    Mean Street
    I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    49,207
    Posts Per Day
    6.76
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2586
    Likes (Received)
    2132
    Thanks (Given)
    21678
    Thanks (Received)
    25222


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

    Default

    AOC = America On Crack
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  7. masong Liked This Post
  8. #62826
    Gird your loins
    Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    60
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    16,815
    Posts Per Day
    3.65
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    718
    Likes (Received)
    535
    Thanks (Given)
    3115
    Thanks (Received)
    3248


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy was called Steve by Trump as he thanked him after a speech

    Trump called Tim Cook Tim Apple and he tried to make excuses for it but he also called Marilyn Hewson, "Marilyn Lockheed"
    He called DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz as "Wendy" in a tweet...Wendy, Debbie...pretty close, eh?
    He referred to NSA advisor John Bolton as "Mike" as in "Mike is over in Russia"

    and there are many more examples

    You know what, I stumble across words as I speak. Sometimes I blank on a word. But I don't forget the subject that I am talking about I just do the thing that people do...the "you know..the thingy...the whatamacallit". I walk into a room and forget what I went in there for. I've called my current dog by the previous dogs name. I am of perfectly sound mind and capable of having conversations and grasping complexities but it is most apparent when I have not had my coffee and I'm a little groggy, or if I am rushed or under pressure. And you know what? I have been looking at person and used the wrong name. Anybody have a mother or grandmother who went to call out at a grandchild and went thru the entire list of grandkids and the family dog before finally getting the right name?

    It's a normal part of aging. Sometimes it is just a normal part of a persons thought process. Biden did not seem to NOT know what he wanted to say. But he was looking right at George Lopez on the screen and who knows? Maybe he was speaking to George or maybe he just said the name George because he was looking at a guy named George. Jill knows that any little slip up like this is going to be hammered on by Trump despite his own record for misspeaking. Bidens performance in the debates and in the town halls did not show us the doddering, "unable to string a sentence together" "unaware of who he is or where he is" man that the public wants us to believe he is.

    We've got 2 older guys running for office. At least when one guy slips up it isn't a slip up like Trumps, which usually exposes him as mean spirited and dumb

  9. Darrin Stephens Liked This Post
  10. #62827
    Hot For Teacher

    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    14,834
    Posts Per Day
    3.65
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    233
    Thanks (Given)
    843
    Thanks (Received)
    2306

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Sure, but doesn't Trump do it, too? Yo, semites. Thighland. He thinks remembering 5 words is impressive.

    I'm dead serious when I say I'd like a reporter to ask Trump what the three branches of government are. I don't think he could name them. And it's amazing he thinks the DOJ should represent him in a personal trial.

    There is poison on both sides.
    These people have spent half of their lives in politics. It's not just that they mispronounce words, they struggle to even sound clear.

    Honestly, I think Trump's biggest problem is he has somewhat of a short attention span in regards to details about certain things.

    I genuinely think Pelosi and Biden are almost mentally gone.

    People didn't vote for Trump because he was this socially article person. On the other hand, we are told that the seems are of the most educated and brilliant minds.

    Sorry, I'm not seeing it.

    Trump was an attempt to break up the neo con/neo liberal dominance... If Biden wins, that means people really want the establishment bs that we have got.

    I know you will say that is not true, but actions speak louder than words.

    Americans overall say they distrust the media, but the media still plays a big role in how people think.

    We say that we're sick of the gridlock, wars, criminal justice system... And so on.... But guess what.... Harris and Joe Biden represent all if that.

    If Trump losses, I'm honestly going to say fuck it.

    Not because I like Trump, but because that tells me that Americans are more concerned with superficial things as opposed to things that really matter... Like violence, looting and draconian governing.

    Whitney has a 60% favorability rating despite putting in draconian measures that had to be rejected by the Supreme Court.

    Do you understand how fucked this country is?

    So fucked up that it now approves of governing that even the SC views as extreme.

    It's just ironic to me that we spend so much money to protect us from "outside threats", but the reality is that this country is collapsing from the inside. Both politics and American culture today is reflective of this.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  11. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  12. #62828
    Forum Frontman
    fudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.22.08
    Age
    41
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,257
    Posts Per Day
    4.13
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

    @
    Likes (Given)
    56
    Likes (Received)
    933
    Thanks (Given)
    1404
    Thanks (Received)
    8511


    Donor

    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard150,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    Downloader Supreme

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    These people have spent half of their lives in politics. It's not just that they mispronounce words, they struggle to even sound clear.

    Honestly, I think Trump's biggest problem is he has somewhat of a short attention span in regards to details about certain things.

    I genuinely think Pelosi and Biden are almost mentally gone.

    People didn't vote for Trump because he was this socially article person. On the other hand, we are told that the seems are of the most educated and brilliant minds.

    Sorry, I'm not seeing it.

    Trump was an attempt to break up the neo con/neo liberal dominance... If Biden wins, that means people really want the establishment bs that we have got.

    I know you will say that is not true, but actions speak louder than words.

    Americans overall say they distrust the media, but the media still plays a big role in how people think.

    We say that we're sick of the gridlock, wars, criminal justice system... And so on.... But guess what.... Harris and Joe Biden represent all if that.

    If Trump losses, I'm honestly going to say fuck it.

    Not because I like Trump, but because that tells me that Americans are more concerned with superficial things as opposed to things that really matter... Like violence, looting and draconian governing.

    Whitney has a 60% favorability rating despite putting in draconian measures that had to be rejected by the Supreme Court.

    Do you understand how fucked this country is?

    So fucked up that it now approves of governing that even the SC views as extreme.

    It's just ironic to me that we spend so much money to protect us from "outside threats", but the reality is that this country is collapsing from the inside. Both politics and American culture today is reflective of this.
    Dude. Stop believing the polls. I really think you are going to be surprised.

    Especially when some of the court cases hit the Supreme Court.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #62829
    Hot For Teacher

    Join Date
    10.11.09
    Posts
    14,834
    Posts Per Day
    3.65
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 09:49 AM
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    233
    Thanks (Given)
    843
    Thanks (Received)
    2306

    Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!75,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy was called Steve by Trump as he thanked him after a speech

    Trump called Tim Cook Tim Apple and he tried to make excuses for it but he also called Marilyn Hewson, "Marilyn Lockheed"
    He called DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz as "Wendy" in a tweet...Wendy, Debbie...pretty close, eh?
    He referred to NSA advisor John Bolton as "Mike" as in "Mike is over in Russia"

    and there are many more examples

    You know what, I stumble across words as I speak. Sometimes I blank on a word. But I don't forget the subject that I am talking about I just do the thing that people do...the "you know..the thingy...the whatamacallit". I walk into a room and forget what I went in there for. I've called my current dog by the previous dogs name. I am of perfectly sound mind and capable of having conversations and grasping complexities but it is most apparent when I have not had my coffee and I'm a little groggy, or if I am rushed or under pressure. And you know what? I have been looking at person and used the wrong name. Anybody have a mother or grandmother who went to call out at a grandchild and went thru the entire list of grandkids and the family dog before finally getting the right name?

    It's a normal part of aging. Sometimes it is just a normal part of a persons thought process. Biden did not seem to NOT know what he wanted to say. But he was looking right at George Lopez on the screen and who knows? Maybe he was speaking to George or maybe he just said the name George because he was looking at a guy named George. Jill knows that any little slip up like this is going to be hammered on by Trump despite his own record for misspeaking. Bidens performance in the debates and in the town halls did not show us the doddering, "unable to string a sentence together" "unaware of who he is or where he is" man that the public wants us to believe he is.

    We've got 2 older guys running for office. At least when one guy slips up it isn't a slip up like Trumps, which usually exposes him as mean spirited and dumb
    Sorry, but Biden is wearing something where he is being told what to say at the debates.

    Trump has had this speaking style for roughly 15 years or more.

    And while Biden has obviously been prone to gaffes for years... There is a clear difference in Biden now and Biden just 2 or 3 years ago.

    You can't just blame it all on aging... Bernie is 80 and is pretty coherent despite his terrible policies.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

    "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

    Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

    "McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

    "See, if you look at the drug war from a purely economic point of view, the role of the government is to protect the drug cartel." - Economist Milton Friedman (1991)

  14. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  15. #62830
    Gird your loins
    Daisy Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.17.08
    Age
    60
    Location
    Goose Poop, Ohio
    Posts
    16,815
    Posts Per Day
    3.65
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Likes (Given)
    718
    Likes (Received)
    535
    Thanks (Given)
    3115
    Thanks (Received)
    3248


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Sorry, but Biden is wearing something where he is being told what to say at the debates.

    Trump has had this speaking style for roughly 15 years or more.

    And while Biden has obviously been prone to gaffes for years... There is a clear difference in Biden now and Biden just 2 or 3 years ago.

    You can't just blame it all on aging... Bernie is 80 and is pretty coherent despite his terrible policies.
    I think you are believing what you want to believe despite evidence to the contrary

  16. #62831
    Mean Street

    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    48,056
    Posts Per Day
    9.30
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    367
    Likes (Received)
    1586
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    I think you are believing what you want to believe despite evidence to the contrary
    As are you.

  17. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  18. #62832
    Mean Street
    I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    49,207
    Posts Per Day
    6.76
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    2586
    Likes (Received)
    2132
    Thanks (Given)
    21678
    Thanks (Received)
    25222


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Knight Of Da Roundtable350,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

    Default

    It looks like Americans would rather have a senile poodle guarding the house than an ill-mannered pit bull.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  19. #62833
    Top Of The World
    BlindtotheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.18.09
    Age
    47
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    3,904
    Posts Per Day
    0.93
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 02:15 PM
    Likes (Given)
    592
    Likes (Received)
    444
    Thanks (Given)
    2376
    Thanks (Received)
    2023


    Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsOld Guard

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Sure, but doesn't Trump do it, too? Yo, semites. Thighland. He thinks remembering 5 words is impressive.

    I'm dead serious when I say I'd like a reporter to ask Trump what the three branches of government are. I don't think he could name them. And it's amazing he thinks the DOJ should represent him in a personal trial.

    There is poison on both sides.
    What's your basis for thinking this? Have you ever heard any of Trump's speeches related to the Judiciary? You're showing your cards with comments like this. Have fun pulling the lever for Biden, "Mr. Non-partisan."
    RIP EVH 1955-2020

  20. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  21. #62834
    Mean Street

    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    48,056
    Posts Per Day
    9.30
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    367
    Likes (Received)
    1586
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    Sure, but doesn't Trump do it, too? Yo, semites. Thighland. He thinks remembering 5 words is impressive.

    I'm dead serious when I say I'd like a reporter to ask Trump what the three branches of government are. I don't think he could name them. And it's amazing he thinks the DOJ should represent him in a personal trial.

    There is poison on both sides.
    I bet he would surprise you humorless, oh so smart guy.

  22. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
  23. #62835
    Mean Street

    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    48,056
    Posts Per Day
    9.30
    Last Online

    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Likes (Given)
    367
    Likes (Received)
    1586
    Thanks (Given)
    2544
    Thanks (Received)
    11834

    Achievements:
    Pic PosterMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!Old Guard250,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    What's your basis for thinking this? Have you ever heard any of Trump's speeches related to the Judiciary? You're showing your cards with comments like this. Have fun pulling the lever for Biden, "Mr. Non-partisan."
    Yeah... there's just days when a few of these folks are a little bit too full of themselves.

  24. JUNGLE DRUMMER Liked This Post
 

 

Similar Threads

  1. President Bush And Vice President Dick Cheney To Be Arrested Upon Visiting Vermont
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03.06.08, 04:39 PM
  2. Donald Fagen
    By VanHagar4Life in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.01.06, 08:49 AM
  3. Donald Trump fires Chewbacca!
    By Wolfie3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.10.05, 08:13 AM
  4. Who runs this??Ray Daniels??
    By littleguitars in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.06.01, 11:54 AM
  5. Australia mourns - Sir Donald Bradman dies, aged 92
    By Goo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02.25.01, 11:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •